zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Mission is great so far..

Few things me and my group have noticed, perhaps we're just unlucky but it seems like we get 1 shot killed more times than not, even if it seems just our leg/hand would be sticking out.

Would Air Support be considered? Something like using the built in point system, ammo or fuel and you could call in CAS, or arty support would be awesome.. we play w/ a decent sized group but supports would be nice.

Can you play Liberation now with out BIS official addons?

You can use the Ghost Hawk to carry the FOB's around, so yes.  You will not have the mobile respawn and arsenal that the Huron is though.

• Like 1

I have gotten strange bugs recently when I capture an AI unit they will switch to the civilian faction, and thus ignore my orders.  So far it doesn't happen with all players on the server.

Few things me and my group have noticed, perhaps we're just unlucky but it seems like we get 1 shot killed more times than not, even if it seems just our leg/hand would be sticking out.

I think the one-shot deaths are something to do with the revive system.  Possibly playing with no revive might fix that.

I think the one-shot deaths are something to do with the revive system.  Possibly playing with no revive might fix that.

Hmm possibly.

Otherwise the mission is great, just sometimes we're sitting behind a rock, someone hits our foot and boom :P Dead screen. I think if the revive system is the cause it still outweighs not using it. 

+1 for the damage fix

respawn at @squad member (AI) isn't possible any more or just a bug?

Hey, guys. My friends and I have  been looking into issues with taking high damage (one shots) to players in the mission. We've managed to narrow it down to a FAR script. Inside the FAR_revive_funcs.sqf, we altered FAR_HandleDamage_EH. basically changing the if statement, if (alive _unit && _amountOfDamage >= 1 && _isUnconscious == 0)  to if (alive _unit && _amountOfDamage >= 0.9 && _isUnconscious == 0 && _bodyPart in ["","head_hit","body","hands","legs"]). 

This explains it pretty well...

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/108931-handledamage-eh-explained-poor-mans-gethit/

Changing this has allowed us to withstand multiple shots from the player and AI as should be. Hope this helps.

Try that, sounds like this is what you are encountering.

Thanks for all your feedback, now for the questions :

What is the plan for deployable weapons from backpacks, I see they're going to be cur from the arsenal.  It's pretty routine in my group that we set up a mortar at our currently active FOB.  I assume the plan is an ammo cost for it, and it'll be placed like the other ones.  I wouldn't think the mortar needs the astronomical ammo cost of the other artillery weapons.  I think there might be other ways to balance the mortar, the CAS, and the other artillery units. 

Artillery is still fun to use, and I think it's best to make sure that it's neither prohibitively expensive, or impractical to ever use due to killing civvies or other resources.  Maybe a good implementation of artillery would be purchasing some static units that are placed the same as a building is, but only controlled through requesting artillery support, and there is an ammo cost per call.  Meet the requirement for calling the support type (capturing a tech base, or building the FOB static unit, or capturing an airfield), then have a list of available ones with an appropriate ammo cost.

If I find a way to remove the free mortar from the arsenal without removing anything else, you'll be able to purchase mortars as a static defense with a (fairly high) ammo cost. Then you can always pack the mortar and move it around

Artillery will receive indirect nerfs in the shape of a civilian kill penalty and CSAT counter artillery (which shall discourage you from being a comfy sitting duck inside your FOB, surrounded by ammo boxes ;) )

Off-map supports are definitely an idea and I'll look into it at some point, can't make any promise though

- it seems when we delete the backup by starting a new game with the 2 parameter lobbies, the game running don't save the next one (if some one can confirm ?)

It worked fine last time I tested it, I'll test again

- the dlc hurron chopper at main base is not a real good idea for guys who don't have

The ghosthawk is capable of sling loading the FOB container in case no one has the DLC to pilot the huron. The huron has more advantages though: mobile spawn, ammo boxes can be loaded inside, etc, but that's not mandatory

- respawn chopper that explose certainly when the game load a backup

Are you using the atlas LHD or the default base? With the atlas there is still a random collision issue that I wasn't able to fix despite trying.... quite a lot of things. If someone has an idea, I'd be glad

looking for diff, you have an issue with last version, certainly a replace/copy error in some severals files

https://github.com/GreuhZbug/greuh_liberation.Altis/blob/master/scripts/client/actions/action_manager.sqf

That's on purpose, people have reported that some scripts just plain stop working after about 10 hours of uptime, I've put that quick modification just to see if it fixes the issue or not. Waiting for the reports on that 

Can you play Liberation now with out BIS official addons?

ac06s5.jpg

Would Air Support be considered? Something like using the built in point system, ammo or fuel and you could call in CAS, or arty support would be awesome.. we play w/ a decent sized group but supports would be nice.

It's being considered, I just want a way of calling those off-map supports that wouldn't suddenly make human supports useless. We have a dedicated Pawnee pilot who'd be quite wary of that sort of stuff, he likes to be indispensable I guess

I have gotten strange bugs recently when I capture an AI unit they will switch to the civilian faction, and thus ignore my orders.  So far it doesn't happen with all players on the server.

They don't join the civilian side, it's just that prisoners are considered as civilians and are shown as such on the zeus interface. That also stops everyone from shooting at them, which is nice. They should still follow your orders though, that's strange since I've done all the prisoner tests alone on my test instance

The only thing I can think of is maybe you've enabled the teamkill penalty, became a renegade, and thus you can't give orders to your group, prisoners or not

If you have reproduction steps for that issue I'd be glad

respawn at @squad member (AI) isn't possible any more or just a bug?

It's on the squad management interface now, you can access it from any fob or mobile respawn. Now you can choose your loadout beforehand and pick which squad member you want to "replace" or rather "overwrite", which is nice

Try that, sounds like this is what you are encountering.

About all the one-shot-one-kill issues:

animalmother94 pointed the potential issue with the current revive system and indeed it seems that getting your hands or legs ruined will make you incapacitated, while it wouldn't kill you in the vanilla damage/death system. That's why people feel they get wrecked too quickly and too often. However I've tested the fix provided and it doesn't work, instead people just plain die every single time and the revive system is never triggered. I'll look more into it and try to implement the correct behaviour in which hands and legs shots aren't fatal

@zbug, i'm randomly loosing my leader status (most time after blasting a abandoned vehicle) @ai mates therefore i can't use the squad menu @fob/mobile respawn, reverting back to 0.904

@zbug, i'm randomly loosing my leader status (most time after blasting a abandoned vehicle) @ai mates therefore i can't use the squad menu @fob/mobile respawn, reverting back to 0.904

Yes and that's renegade for you, you need to either disable the teamkill penalty in the options, or stop killing friendly stuff ;)

In any mission you'll be kicked out of your squad for doing that and your AI will start shooting at you. It's the standard Arma behaviour, unless there's a system to prevent it.

Also the squad menu works for every human squad member and not only the leader. The problem here I suppose is that you may have been kicked from the BLUFOR side altogether.

iirc getting those pesky mortar bag out of the arsenal is not too trivial: there is no way to blacklist items, so one would have to whitelist everything. not modfriendly though...

a thing that came to my mind: i do like the "do not leave vehicles behind feature" (the script, that kills an abandoned enemy vehicle).

but for me the probability is to high for militia vehicles: if i play vanilla, its only the armed offroad and by killing its crew the whole car goes boom...

tried to change it by creating another "if" layer changing the probability for militia vehicles. did not get to test it properly, but at least it doesn't show any script errors.

would this be somewhat intresting to consider?

also, as i didn't state before: great one, i really do enjoy your mission, kudos!

Thank you for your responses. And I totally get that about your designated support player, perhaps have it be toggleable? Or just off-site JDAM strikes and such, using AI for CAS in-game is always a hit and miss.. I think that's why Zeus handled A-10 CAS runs as such static items, so I would agree with that. I would say I could spawn in MLRS or such and use AI, but I'm not aware of anyway to make Zeus soldiers act as CAS and shell a target, in fact hovering over enemies I haven't been able to direct my men to attack any specific target as Zeus.

We play with a smaller squad, and I usually do designated CAS in a Pawnee but it would be nice if my men on the ground could use some of our resources and call in JDAMS or arty support.

I am working on getting a bigger group though so I understand the appeal of having it all be player controlled!

Also, thank you for your response. The 1 shot kill thing has made us call it a day before and take a break but it is not game-breaking because this mission is SO good! 

Yes and that's renegade for you, you need to either disable the teamkill penalty in the options, or stop killing friendly stuff ;)

In any mission you'll be kicked out of your squad for doing that and your AI will start shooting at you. It's the standard Arma behaviour, unless there's a system to prevent it.

Also the squad menu works for every human squad member and not only the leader. The problem here I suppose is that you may have been kicked from the BLUFOR side altogether.

team kill penality is off, loosing leader status is something new in 0.905, was doing this till now (cause wasted fuel etc)

the squad menu doesn't show up afterwards (at fob/mobile respawn), before 0.905 you had the option to respawn in a squad member (AI) @respawn screen.

ps: pic added > http://i.imgur.com/gqo4esk.jpg (pre 0.905)

I've run into an issue on the server I run on regiarding this mission. There are a few towns that seem to glitch out and not cap. We've practicly turned over every rock and searched every inch of the cap zone and found nothing. The zone just wont flip, the Radius Circle and progress bar show all blue but the icon stays red. The minute we leave the zone it goes back to red.

We even used ares and added everything to zues within 3km and not a single enemy was anywhere around. yet the areas just wont flip.

The towns we've ran into this issue are listed below:
Abdera (seems to of fixed itself)
Molos Airfield (currently doing this as i type this report)
Strigla Base (currently doing this as i type this report)

Overview:
12002641_1018577364860351_74687029451783

Close-up

12052481_1018577931526961_73564481449864

Which version are you using, how long has your server been running when the issue appeared, does it get solved by a server restart? Thanks

did you ever had the case that ammo dropped into negative values?

older game (we reverted to a backup)

http://puu.sh/ktK1x/ce9ba3f1d0.png

http://puu.sh/ktKIy/7fd72933e2.Arma3Profile_DEFEKT

fresh start yesterday from a friend:

http://puu.sh/ktKtJ/490828f4d6.png

http://puu.sh/ktKE2/5f85df6dc4.Arma3Profile

I suspect mods (we used the ones recommended in the thread start post :P) but I can't really replicate it... :/

(except TRYK Uniforms there was a good amount of rubberbanding happening so we disabled it.)

I didn't have the case of alert going above 100% either...

It takes a huge amount of time running after these with no clue, unless you have the steps to reproduce it on a non-modified vanilla version. I'd love to help and solve it, yet it's just discouraging to see bugs that never popped up on our end as we're now playing our third campaign since last year. Guess I'll just put even more log traces 

First post up to date, additions:

- Wiki by Bramjam: http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/GREUH_Liberation_Wikia

- Correct steps to report a bug (try to do as much as you can, it really helps)

1. SERVER LOGS (rpt files),
  2. Client logs (rpt files - one is fine, more is better),
  3. Headless client(s) logs, if applicable,
  4. Version of the mission you've been using,
  5. Modifications you've made to the original mission files, if any,
  6. Mods you're using, if any,
  7. Screenshots showing the issue, if applicable,
  8. Reproduction steps, if applicable.

By any chance are you playing on a server with no password and no mod signatures enforced? Your issue makes me think that someone may have logged in with that tiny client mod that allows the user to execute any script command they want. Since you have long uptimes on your server I suppose there's been moments when no one was looking? Just an idea

Edit:

Good news of the day

0:45:00 "Ignored incap from 1.41248 dmg to hands"
 0:45:00 "Ignored incap from 1 dmg to hands"
 0:45:00 "Ignored incap from 3.43286 dmg to legs"
 0:45:01 "Incap by 1.3593 dmg to head"

Thanks animalmother94 for sending me on the right track with this  ;)

I've released a v0.906 that adresses most of the urgent issues (see the list on Trello), and especially in this version there's log traces everywhere inside the sector activation scripts.  For all the people who get sector activation issues, especially when the server uptime is pretty high, I'd be interested if you can run with this version and provide me with the logs if/when the problem happens. That's likely the best way of finally finding out what's going wrong with this.

There's also the revive system tweak. You may enjoy not getting suddenly incapacitated because a stray bullet lightly scraped your sensible pinky finger. I just hope it works every time, but after getting shot for half an hour I never got the death screen once, so let's hope it wasn't just luck.

That version only got minimal testing (because I can only do that next sunday), so it's only a pre-release for now, just in case. I don't really expect issues, but, yeah.

v0.906 this way

(please don't update mirrors just yet)

I've released a v0.906 that adresses most of the urgent issues (see the list on Trello), and especially in this version there's log traces everywhere inside the sector activation scripts.  For all the people who get sector activation issues, especially when the server uptime is pretty high, I'd be interested if you can run with this version and provide me with the logs if/when the problem happens. That's likely the best way of finally finding out what's going wrong with this.

There's also the revive system tweak. You may enjoy not getting suddenly incapacitated because a stray bullet lightly scraped your sensible pinky finger. I just hope it works every time, but after getting shot for half an hour I never got the death screen once, so let's hope it wasn't just luck.

That version only got minimal testing (because I can only do that next sunday), so it's only a pre-release for now, just in case. I don't really expect issues, but, yeah.

v0.906 this way

(please don't update mirrors just yet)

Awesome! We will be testing this one out.

Also sorry if this was answered but is there anyway I can set the mission parameters so I dont have to alter them every time for my dedicated? 

Edit: Okay I figure it out but for some reason the parameters dont seem to be taking. Fatigue is still active.. days are just as long, any ideas? 

@v0.906

- new revive/damage handling system rocks! :)

- respawn @ai squadmates also working as intended

- no sector activation bug till now

Are you using the atlas LHD or the default base? With the atlas there is still a random collision issue that I wasn't able to fix despite trying.... quite a lot of things. If someone has an idea, I'd be glad

dont know the difference :) i think it s the first base on the island.

Not sure if its the new version but none of the mission params have any effect.. other missions work fine on our setup but this one just wont take. 

I suppose if your server's parameters setup doesn't match then the mission will revert to the default values. I've never used that so, no idea