zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Hey there, when playing as the commander and going in Zeus I can't place anything, why is this?

Sort of new to running dedicated servers so perhaps its something on my end :)

Hey there, when playing as the commander and going in Zeus I can't place anything, why is this?

Sort of new to running dedicated servers so perhaps its something on my end :)

Nope, not on your end.  In this scenario Zeus is set so that you can command friendly AI squads only.  It is not the full Zeus mode.

• Like 1

I noticed in playing.

There be enemy spawn in the verge to be the current setting.
So, can you adjust where the timing of the spawn of the enemy of the base?

Hey dude, glad to see you here :)

I understand that enemies often spawn in your face and you would like them to spawn sooner? That's a recurrent question and it doesn't have an easy answer. If ennemies spawned quicker, that means flying over hostiles sectors with a chopper or jet fighter might cause unwanted spawns and a lot of lag and framerate drops. The only way I've found so far to avoid that is to  wait for a while before triggering the spawn if you enter an hostile sector with only a few guys. With 10+ blufor units the hostiles will spawn almost immediately.

It's always a question of gameplay vs performance and I'm more concerned about performance than gameplay at the moment :P

Maybe I'll be able to change it later thanks to possible optimizations, but maybe not.

@zbug

Have you considered integrating a little bit of R3F logistics into the mission?  I've just plugged it raw into our version to try out this weekend.  We are looking forward to the towing abilities, for bringing back captured vehicles.  (There are so few of us, we can't all drive them back and that T100 is SO much better than a Slammer)  I probably will end up scaling it down so it doesn't conflict so much with the building only in the FOB part in the future.

I didn't look into that, maybe later. If you do want any additional script or mod right now you can always modify the mission ;)

• Like 1

Hey, guys. My friends and I have  been looking into issues with taking high damage (one shots) to players in the mission. We've managed to narrow it down to a FAR script. Inside the FAR_revive_funcs.sqf, we altered FAR_HandleDamage_EH. basically changing the if statement, if (alive _unit && _amountOfDamage >= 1 && _isUnconscious == 0)  to if (alive _unit && _amountOfDamage >= 0.9 && _isUnconscious == 0 && _bodyPart in ["","head_hit","body","hands","legs"]). 

This explains it pretty well...

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/108931-handledamage-eh-explained-poor-mans-gethit/

Changing this has allowed us to withstand multiple shots from the player and AI as should be. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

It does help, great find :)

I'll put the fix in the next version

Edit: reading the link you provided I don't understand why you kept "hands" and "legs" in the bodyparts list? It seems a single hit into the hands and legs can make the player unconscious when it's not supposed to (only when the overall or "" damage gets over 0.9)

The way I understand it, for one bullet that only hits the hand, the EH will fire two times, one with the bodypart "hands" and one with the bodypart "". You shouldn't go unconscious when your "hand" damage is 1.0 but your overall (or "") damage is maybe 0.3

Nope, not on your end.  In this scenario Zeus is set so that you can command friendly AI squads only.  It is not the full Zeus mode.

Ok! second silly question, am I missing how to obtain these squads? Do I have to buy them from our FOB somehow? 

FYI: We had some cases of "capture bar full but not captured" randomly, server restart seemed to fix it though. It appears to happen at a certain time and you can't liberate any further bases beyond that point. Affected all base types.

btw. does anyone know a way of saving the mission parameters? After server restart they revert back to default.

Ok! second silly question, am I missing how to obtain these squads? Do I have to buy them from our FOB somehow? 

You have to be at a FOB and in the commander slot. In the Build menu its the icon to the far right I believe (which all other slots are unable to see except the commander).

• Like 1

FYI: We had some cases of "capture bar full but not captured" randomly, server restart seemed to fix it though. It appears to happen at a certain time and you can't liberate any further bases beyond that point. Affected all base types.

btw. does anyone know a way of saving the mission parameters? After server restart they revert back to default.

I could use server logs if you have them ;)

Ok last noob question.. sorry for all of them thanks everyone for the help. 

I'm a bit new to running Arma dedicateds and upon restarting we had lost all our progress.. how does one use the save feature? I read it should be automatic but maybe something went wrong for me. 

@zbug

Thank you for your reply!

I see

It is there a change in the number of people.

Certainly it had occurred at the time of the small number of people.

Waiting for the update to look forward in the future

Chearrs :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I could use server logs if you have them ;)

sure http://puu.sh/kpRo6/4ec73b79d5.rpt 

EDIT1: hm restart didnt fix it this time as it seems (restart happened at night before we went to bed, capturing was tried now ~10h later)):

http://puu.sh/kpT1Q/9bb491b3fa.png

http://puu.sh/kpTIL/cd4a080b2b.png

http://puu.sh/kpTPp/e3983219e2.png

http://puu.sh/kpTKH/61b5399df2.rpt

http://puu.sh/kpTTh/1886088baa.Arma3Profile

Restarting now and trying again.

Edit2: The immediate restart fixed it, maybe the bug comes with mission time (altough nothing player related was done)?

There's nothing special in the logs except the huge uptime, it's recommended to restart your server once in a while anyways ;)

As for the actual issue I don't know, it's pretty hard to even reproduce the conditions of it on our server, we don't play more than 3-4 hours each time

There's nothing special in the logs except the huge uptime, it's recommended to restart your server once in a while anyways ;)

As for the actual issue I don't know, it's pretty hard to even reproduce the conditions of it on our server, we don't play more than 3-4 hours each time

Terribly sorry to bother you, but the autosave on our server isn't working.. Upon a restart we lost all of our progress, is there anything I need to do on my end perhaps? 

It is supposed to work, but depending on the way your server is setup, maybe your arma server instance doesn't have write access to its own profile, which would suck because the save system relies on that. Try to find the <server profile name>.vars.Arma3Profile file, and make sure it is not read only

So apparently there's a script that doesn't enjoy uptime > 10 hours

So apparently there's a script that doesn't enjoy uptime > 10 hours

Yeah, that's what i was thinking as well :D

For those who want their mission parameters pre-set everytimes you can look here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

"Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead - multiple mission parameters configuration"

ended up editing the relevant defaults within the ui\mission_params.hpp in the mission pbo file as i didn't really know what exact lines to put into the server.cfg :P

if you want to change the default settings without having to alter the mission file itself:

class Missions
{
    class Mission_1
    {
        template = "greuh_liberation.Altis";
        difficulty = "regular";

class Params
        {
            DayDuration = 4;
            Fatigue = 2;
            Revive = 2;
            Introduction = 0;
            DeploymentCinematic = 0;
            Unitcap = 0.75;
            PassiveIncome = 1;
        };
    };
};

something like that should be at the end of your server.cfg (or TADST_config.cfg, if you use TADST for example)

did not test the code, but i think it should work.

hope, this helps!

• Like 2

Thanks for adding the option for trickle ammo income, that makes things much better for solo and small groups.

What is the plan for deployable weapons from backpacks, I see they're going to be cur from the arsenal.  It's pretty routine in my group that we set up a mortar at our currently active FOB.  I assume the plan is an ammo cost for it, and it'll be placed like the other ones.  I wouldn't think the mortar needs the astronomical ammo cost of the other artillery weapons.  I think there might be other ways to balance the mortar, the CAS, and the other artillery units. 

Artillery is still fun to use, and I think it's best to make sure that it's neither prohibitively expensive, or impractical to ever use due to killing civvies or other resources.  Maybe a good implementation of artillery would be purchasing some static units that are placed the same as a building is, but only controlled through requesting artillery support, and there is an ammo cost per call.  Meet the requirement for calling the support type (capturing a tech base, or building the FOB static unit, or capturing an airfield), then have a list of available ones with an appropriate ammo cost.

@zbug, this mission is perfect, it reminds me so much on "Resistance"  :)

I've started the mission with one HC and it kicks ass on 200% AI's, server FPS >40

well done, thx 4 this great coop mission

proof is here:

k12w4w.jpg

• Like 1

v0.905 is out

Apart from a few fixes and tweaks the main new feature is the squad management screen. Everything about it is pretty much self-explanatory but as a new feature, there might be some bugs ;)

Known issue: the squad camera isn't working well if the squad member is inside a vehicle

hi zbug :)

good job

we encountered some issue during last game

- it seems when we delete the backup by starting a new game with the 2 parameter lobbies, the game running don't save the next one (if some one can confirm ?)

- the dlc hurron chopper at main base is not a real good idea for guys who don't have

- respawn chopper that explose certainly when the game load a backup

you can add me to your steam contact (code34), it will be more easier to talk ! :)

looking for diff, you have an issue with last version, certainly a replace/copy error in some severals files

https://github.com/GreuhZbug/greuh_liberation.Altis/blob/master/scripts/client/actions/action_manager.sqf

while { true } do {
    while { true } do {