zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Hotfix is up, thanks for your help in tackling the issue.

If your savegame has been affected by this bug it will be corrected automatically, you just have to start your server with the new version.

In case you're interested in scripting and odd bugs, here's what happened:

_tpositions = GRLIB_all_fobs;
{
    _tpositions = _tpositions + [markerpos _x];
} foreach blufor_sectors;

That code works as intended, GRLIB_all_fobs is not affected

_tpositions = GRLIB_all_fobs;
{
     _tpositions pushback (markerpos _x);

That code doesn't work, putting the position of every blufor sector into GRLIB_all_fobs

_tpositions = [];
{
    _tpositions pushback _x;
} foreach GRLIB_all_fobs;

{
    _tpositions pushback (markerpos _x);
That code works

It's highly recommended to use the new pushBack command, up to 43% faster than set and up to 11843% faster a plus b!

While this is true, this doesn't take into account the two entire evenings spent debugging the unexpected change in behaviour

• Like 1

Hello,

Why i can't i change the parameters in the server ? I'm logged with admin in server(dedicated server)

I want to disable fatigue and i tried this in fetch_parameters i changed this:

GRLIB_fatigue = ["Fatigue",1] call bis_fnc_getParamValue;

to this:

GRLIB_fatigue = ["Fatigue",0] call bis_fnc_getParamValue;

... doesn't work.

Hello,

Why i can't i change the parameters in the server ? I'm logged with admin in server(dedicated server)

to this:

... doesn't work.

Hey,

i had the same problem. Can be solved by presetting your params in fetch_params.sqf like this.

if ( isMultiplayer ) then {
GRLIB_difficulty_modifier = 1;
GRLIB_time_factor = 1;
GRLIB_resources_multiplier = 1;
GRLIB_fatigue = 1;
GRLIB_revive = 0;
GRLIB_introduction = 0;
GRLIB_deployment_cinematic = 0;
GRLIB_build_first_fob = 0;
GRLIB_param_wipe_savegame_1 = 0;
GRLIB_param_wipe_savegame_2 = 0;
} else {
GRLIB_difficulty_modifier = 1;
GRLIB_time_factor = 1;
GRLIB_resources_multiplier = 1;
GRLIB_fatigue = 1;
GRLIB_revive = 0;
GRLIB_introduction = 0;
GRLIB_deployment_cinematic = 0;
GRLIB_build_first_fob = 0;
GRLIB_param_wipe_savegame_1 = 0;
GRLIB_param_wipe_savegame_2 = 0;
};

Hope this works for you.

BTW Zbug is there a way to increase the despawn time for opfor units after leaving the sector? Sometimes if the hole squad get wasted and everyone is leaving the circle to respawn the sector getting reset and respawned very fast...

hey zbug, is there any chance that you add a modifier to the revive script (revive without medkit (option 1 not 2)) via parameters?

other question, do i need a extra profile for ai difficult @HC client (or does it use the dedicated profile?)

Hello,

to this:

... doesn't work.

Frontschwein's answer is correct, however the better way to do that is to modify the default values for the parameters in ui/mission_params.hpp ;)

BTW Zbug is there a way to increase the despawn time for opfor units after leaving the sector? Sometimes if the hole squad get wasted and everyone is leaving the circle to respawn the sector getting reset and respawned very fast...

I'll look into it while trying not to break the sector management scripts :p

Noted here

hey zbug, is there any chance that you add a modifier to the revive script (revive without medkit (option 1 not 2)) via parameters?

other question, do i need a extra profile for ai difficult @HC client (or does it use the dedicated profile?)

1- Yep I can do that as a mission option

2- No, the mission itself already enforces its own AI difficulty profile that the server, headless clients and regular clients are all using

• Like 1

I have to say I'm not a huge fan of requiring to bring the ammo boxes back to base to gain munitions.  With small player groups (I only play with two), it's a bit of a significant time sink.  Possibly this can be an AI automated task in future?  Perhaps not picking up the boxes, but spawning a truck that arrives back to the FOB, and gives an income of munitions.  I definitely preferred the trickle income of munitions from owning bases, rather than picking them up myself.

Picking up prisoners is a bit of a challenge too, finding them in buildings in a city.  Perhaps they can be revealed as blips on the map when they surrender?

Usually the main thing that is tough for small groups is using the AI with Zeus, I'm looking forward to see what your interface for commanding will do.  AI have no end to troubles following basic orders (move here, get in).  AI will also refuse to drive a vehicle through Zeus if a human player has ever rode in the driver seat of the vehicle.  Remote deletion of assets and units would be very valuable also.  If a vehicle is damaged and no human is near it, you need to invest time to get over there to repair or blow it up.  It's a bit silly shooting mortars across the map at your own damaged vehicles or stuck infantry to get the resources back.

Remote unflipping or repairing of a vehicle would be quite useful, when AI remove the wheels of transports or get stuck in a battle against a tree or rock.  Perhaps this is a planned part of your RTS interface, though.

@zbug, thanks for the answer :)

btw played this masterpiece ~50h now and still love it, so far the best coop a3 mission out there!

• Like 2

I have to say I'm not a huge fan of requiring to bring the ammo boxes back to base to gain munitions.  With small player groups (I only play with two), it's a bit of a significant time sink.  Possibly this can be an AI automated task in future?  Perhaps not picking up the boxes, but spawning a truck that arrives back to the FOB, and gives an income of munitions.  I definitely preferred the trickle income of munitions from owning bases, rather than picking them up myself.

Picking up prisoners is a bit of a challenge too, finding them in buildings in a city.  Perhaps they can be revealed as blips on the map when they surrender?

Usually the main thing that is tough for small groups is using the AI with Zeus, I'm looking forward to see what your interface for commanding will do.  AI have no end to troubles following basic orders (move here, get in).  AI will also refuse to drive a vehicle through Zeus if a human player has ever rode in the driver seat of the vehicle.  Remote deletion of assets and units would be very valuable also.  If a vehicle is damaged and no human is near it, you need to invest time to get over there to repair or blow it up.  It's a bit silly shooting mortars across the map at your own damaged vehicles or stuck infantry to get the resources back.

Remote unflipping or repairing of a vehicle would be quite useful, when AI remove the wheels of transports or get stuck in a battle against a tree or rock.  Perhaps this is a planned part of your RTS interface, though.

Thanks for your feedback :)

- I'll put an option to replace the crate spawns with an ammo income over time, but it will obviously yield less than getting the crates yourself

- Spotting prisonners on the map would make it way too easy to find them. I'll try to think about something else

- I'll do my best with the AI commands but sometimes Arma is just being Arma. For example the AIs getting stuck in danger mode is something no one can truly fix besides Bohemia.

- I was thinking about giving AI drivers a custom damage handler so they can't damage themselves (the civilians already have it). That won't solve the flipping issues, but tanks shouldn't be able to flip in the first place. Remote repair feels like something that could be exploited too easily without a tight set of rules

ZBUG-

Great work on this, my friends and I have really been enjoying it.  We have our frustrations, but thats mostly because ArmA AI can be really dumb sometimes. "Hey lets all get stuck in Danger mode!"

I was going to report the FOB bug, but it looks like that's all been fixed.  I wanted to ask instead about persistance across sessions when hosting locally.  Maybe this is my ArmA3 naivety for locally hosted servers but when I start up the mission again all of the purchased and captured vehicles and the recruited AI are all missing.  Our Resources, FOB's and captured sectors are all normal however.  Any idea what the cause might be on this?

A question on munitions as well:  do crates respawn at captured FOB's and are there munitions crates at the randomly generated FOBs discovered via intel?  We found some Taru Pods and thought they might be the case, but everything died...it was an eventful mission.

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback

At the moment the game will only save vehicles when they are near a FOB (250 meters, or two times the build/recycle range). I've been hesitating to save everything, but we're always littering the map with disposable transport vehicles and having to do something about them would be a pain. Also that FOB bug you had before v0.903b has the unfortunate side-effect of messing with the vehicles being saved, and we lost a few captured goodies to that bug too. It should be working now, unless there's another issue I'm not aware of, but so far it looks fine. And if you're hosting your own server (or shutting down your dedicated server after each play session), just know that the game will only save every 60 seconds, so you should make sure to wait at least that amount of time with your vehicles parked near a FOB before you shut down.

The ammo boxes will spawn in the military bases you control and they'll be spotted on the map (another thing being fixed in 0.903b). You'll also get a few hostile ammo boxes when you attack military bases (not secondary FOBs), and those are not spotted on the map. The crates look like this: http://i.imgur.com/aBn52rv.jpg (green for NATO and yellow for CSAT)

Hopefully we'll get more control on the scripted AI behaviour at some point. The guy doing the C2 command & control mod seemed to have some insider info about it, but no news so far.

Hey,

thx for the mission zbug, its great fun! :D

We currently have issues capturing sectors though, progress bar is full but nothing happens anymore, sector/bases are not conquered :( (EDIT: Radio Tower + City seems to be fine but military bases not) Anyone had issues with that as well?

We are 3 players on 0.903b with CBA, JSRS, Blastcore. We had ACE enabled at some point but disabled it now (revive interference).

Log

http://puu.sh/kkEGW/027c5e5dc5.rpt

Screenshots:

http://puu.sh/kkF1c/021f46ff04.png

http://puu.sh/kkF41/bfccc7a4e7.png

EDIT: 

Save

http://puu.sh/kkG9H/5fb29050b7.Arma3Profile

Any help is greatly appreciated ;)

Thanks for the bug report and the elements you provided. That particular bug has already happened on several servers, but it's the first time I have that much info to investigate. Unfortunately, I'm still unable to reproduce the issue. Using your savegame I was able to activate Zeloran Base correctly.

Do you still have the bug after a server restart?

Are you using headless clients?

That's really the most frustrating part of the job, because once I can reproduce it, it will be corrected in a few minutes. But figuring out what's wrong is the tough part. And of course it never happened on our own server, that would be too easy :(

Thanks for the super fast feedback!

Yes we already restarted the server and we don't use headless clients. btw one of us doesn't use any client mods at all.

Did you see the Object 5:76 (type Type_91) not found. messages? I that anything to worry about?

One of us thinks we have to destroy structures in order to capture the base, did you do anything special besides eliminating all enemies? :P

We are experiencing a bug after revives, unsure if anyone else has had the same.

After reviving a teammate, they will be permenantly injured, no matter how many times an FAK is used, the player is never fully healed.

As you mention it, I was able to spam FAKs on my teammates infinitely as well wondering why they still seemed to be injured...

I think its set up so only the medic class can do a full heal, if you are not a medic you will still be slightly wounded.

Thanks for the super fast feedback!

Yes we already restarted the server and we don't use headless clients. btw one of us doesn't use any client mods at all.

Did you see the Object 5:76 (type Type_91) not found. messages? I that anything to worry about?

One of us thinks we have to destroy structures in order to capture the base, did you do anything special besides eliminating all enemies? :P

You mean the issue was still there after you restarted the server?

Are you using server side mods? Did you modify classnames.sqf in any way?

I'm still struggling to understand why other servers have this issue when we never had any problems on ours, and why the rpt logs always show nothing wrong :(

And it's likely that finding the way to reproduce this issue will be 99% of the effort needed to have it fixed.

The rpt spam about objects not being found is nothing to worry about, and has already been reported to Bohemia numerous times ;)

To liberate any sector the only condition is to clean the enemy (or at least clean them enough to have the few remaining hostiles surrender)

The healing issue is likely an Arma 3 bug, there's nothing in the mission that would affect the vanilla healing mechanics

Edit: well I did find something in the code that could explain the sector activation issue, only if your server had some very good performance and could complete a createUnit call in less than one frame. Anyways, it might fix the problem, might not. I'll run proper tests and publish a version with the potential fix tonight.

Yes, server has been restarted two times since the problem occured and the problem was still there after the restarts.

No server side mods are involved, just mission file and 4 signatures/bikeys for client mods.No classnames/sqf files were edited.

In regards to Performance: It's a physical windows root with Core i7-3770 and 32GB RAM with only TS3 and the Arma Server running, nothing too fancy but i guess it could generate a good performance.

Maybe i can fire up prime95 or soemthing and test a bit :P

v0.904 is out

Changelog:

- CSAT will be more aggressive, especially when the alert level is very high,

- Sectors will take a full minute to reset, so having all the BLUFOR units wiped before respawning inside a sector area won't trigger a reset anymore,

- New option to choose your revive settings (no revive, only medics, anyone with a FAK, anyone with a medkit),

- New option to get a passive ammo income instead of ammo crate spawns,

- Tentative fix for the sectors that wouldn't activate properly.

• Like 2

thanks for the new version (and revive options ;) )

going to test it tonight

• Like 1

Yay! That seems to have fixed it :) We just liberated Zeloran base. Many thanks from me and my mates :D

• Like 1

hi zbug :)

Thank you always update!

I am enjoying amazing!

I noticed in playing.

There be enemy spawn in the verge to be the current setting.

So, can you adjust where the timing of the spawn of the enemy of the base?

Thank you

Hey one additional question: I couldn't figure out for my life how the mission options are set. I see the settings in the Log menu and also the GREUH Options but I am too stupid to actually change settings :P

Can someone give me a hand? :)

EDIT: Was dumb, at mission start -> parameters -> edit in case anyone is wondering as well :P

I think its set up so only the medic class can do a full heal, if you are not a medic you will still be slightly wounded.

Bingo, we're just idiots and were not paying attention.  We are finding it pretty hard sometimes to play with only 3 to 5 players, when one person needs to be Zeus, one has to be an engineer and one has to be a medic just so that we have all the abilities a normal squad would have.

@zbug

Have you considered integrating a little bit of R3F logistics into the mission?  I've just plugged it raw into our version to try out this weekend.  We are looking forward to the towing abilities, for bringing back captured vehicles.  (There are so few of us, we can't all drive them back and that T100 is SO much better than a Slammer)  I probably will end up scaling it down so it doesn't conflict so much with the building only in the FOB part in the future.

One month we're playing this mission and we're still enjoying it ! Altis total liberation is close !

dd472b7e-80b8-4bf5-8ae7-2bbbbb1f8017.jpg

• Like 1