zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Did you activate the adaptive AI option ? It's supposed to help with battlegroup size for small groups of players

Hi zbug, I want to congrats you for this mission. Its excellent, one of the best I've played. Seriously, great work.

I'm working on adding the spanish language to the stringtable, I will upload it once I finish it.

I have some questions/suggestions:

1- What about a economic system for the gear? So, you get money by capturing sectors, killing enemies, healing friends, repairing, etc. and you buy guns and items with that money. This way you have to earn having better guns.

2- Leveling system with gives you access to better gear, restricted to higher levels.

3- Fastrope script

4- Frienldy AI support, like artillery.

5- "Fog of war". You can't see enemy sectors in the map until you are near them (2000-3000meters?). So, exploring would be interesting.

6- Mortars! I think I have not seen them in the BUILD menu.

7- Random Roadblocks and maybe patrols outside cities so you can't move freely around Altis.

I know that some of them are a bit difficult heheh.

I managed to make ACE3 (personally I dont like it too much, but my clan mates do) work with this mission, deleting FAR REVIVE from the init.sqf and placing the ACE modules. It's easy, but the difficult comes when you place the advanced modules. For example, advanced medical system allows medical vehicles and medical zones, so you have to insert the names of the vehicle and/or the zones. If those are generated with scripts, for me there's no way to do that (because i'm noob, sure).

Another question. I'm still a bit noob in editing missions. I want to port the mission to another maps like Australia. If I extract .pbo, change the name to australia, edit in arma and move all the markers to correct places (and change the marker name), will It run properly?

I'm noob at this but I could help you if needed.
Sorry for my bad english!!

Thank you!

v0.901 released, grab it here

Changes:

- Prisoners are now much more reliable. You might even want to keep an eye on them at all times.

- You can load and unload the new vehicle ammo boxes on hemtt trucks (only the uncovered version).

Other than that we didn't run into any issue, so you can now safely upgrade from any older version ;)

@Linderoth thanks for your post, I'll answer tomorrow, it's a bit late right now :p

• Like 2

Here is a litte guide to port the mission to different maps. 

@zbug : if you have any problems with this guide, then tell me and i'll remove it.

Disclamer : The guide is made from memory but i guess i haven't missed anything. This i meant to be just a little help. If any errors are coming up, mostly it is because something is missing. Then go back to the original mission and do a step-by-step research. This helps most of the time. Do not alter/edit anything else unless you know what you are doing.

Porting zbugs Liberation(Beta) mission to different maps : 

1. Open the editor, load the map you are planning to use and save the mission with “save as†by giving it a proper name

2. Load the Liberation(Beta) mission. Copy one (!) of each of the following markers : bigtown, capture, military, factory, tower, opfor_point, opfor_airspawn.

3. Open your mission, paste all the copied markers. Edit all pasted markers in this way :
Marker before : “capture_68â€
Marker after : “captureâ€
Do this with all markers so that you removed all marker numbers including the “_â€

4. Copy a marker (e.g. tower) and paste it as often as necessary on proper places on your map. Repeat this for all of the marker types.

5. Save your mission.

6. Open Liberation(Beta). For this step you have to make sure that all markers are displayed (F6). Copy everything around “Base Chimeraâ€, copy everything around “Spartan 01†(this is the LHD) and copy everything around the player units (including all triggers etc.)

7. Open your mission. Paste everything you have copied in step 6 and placed it wherever you wish.

8. Save your mission

9. Open Liberation(Beta) and search for the following markers : ghost_spot and the two markers in the far lower left corner of the altis map (placed outside of the map area)
Copy these marker.

9. Open your mission and paste the markers. Place them around similar places compared to the original mission. E.g. ghost_spot is placed next to the location where the player units are placed.

10. Save your mission

11. Go to the player units. Mark the “commandant†as “player†and all other units (including the three HC units) as “playableâ€.

12. Save your mission

13. Leave the editor

14. Switch to Windows and open your ArmA3 folder (located under C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Arma3\YourNickname\missions)

15. Open the Liberation(Beta) folder. Copy everything except the mission.sqm-file. 

16. Open your mission folder. Paste everything you have copied in step 15. 

17. Switch back to ArmA3

18. Open the Editor, load your mission.

19. Export your mission as multiplayer mission

You’re good to go. Start a multiplayer session. If I haven’t missed anything, it should work fine. 
Please be aware that in case of errors you should delete your savegame first (mission-parameters).

v.1.1 - edited to remove the two marker entries, zbug mentioned.

• Like 1

Your guide is great, only thing is the subspawn and spawn_stuff markers at step 9, I'm pretty sure they aren't used anymore ;)

You make a good point about the save, I'll add a save key in the gameplay variables so you can have one savegame per map

Here's my custom version of Liberation with ACE3 and ALiVE integration and a bunch of other random modifications. Change log is below. This mission was designed to give smaller groups some AI support and commandable assets.

The developer offers no support for custom versions of Liberation so if you have an issue you should PM me rather than ask the developers here.

The save should not interfere with the ordinary Liberation save, but you should keep in mind it is a highly experimental version. The mission was briefly tested in multiplayer both with and without dedicated.

(based on Liberation 0.902)

http://www.mediafire.com?t6jyz7843l3ddsu

Changes:

Integrated ALiVE combat support module.
Integrated ALiVE logistics support module.
Added ACE3 parameters.

Implemented high command support for infantry squads and manned vehicles.
All players can now purchase manned vehicles and AI fire teams.
AI CAS/transport are automatically registered to combat logistics when purchased with a crew. Players may then use any ALiVE capable tablet to order CAS and logistics (Laser designator binoculars actually).
Servers without Helicopter DLC now spawn blackhawks unless they are dedicated server.
Players without helicopter DLC are now able to slingload FOBs with the UH-80.
Added a button to have the ALiVE system command vehicle purchased (i.e Helicopter CAS or Artillery strikes).
All logistics crates can be air-lifted by regular helicopters.
Reduced requirements to win a location to prevent last man standing syndrome.
Bases captured intact provide a bonus to ammo.

Added airpower resource for logistics requests. Airpower is gained every 40 minutes and can be improved by capturing radio towers.
Added "Fire for effect" AI for mortar and artillery units.
Added an option to auto-collect ammunition crates from bases rather than air-lifting.
Added suicide bombers based on civilian casualities occuring.

Opfor may now use artillery on a limited basis. If it opens fire in your area, I suggest either CAS striking the artillery, or changing position- artillery will eventually zero in on your position should you remain visible to hostile forces.

Artillery can be used in three ways:
You can purchase the artillery and use it manually.
You can purchase the artillery with a crew and command it via CTRL-Space. AI controlling these will automatically strike hostile targets that have been
discovered on the map. They are not deadly accurate and will avoid civilian casualties where possible.
You can purchase artillery as support to use through the ALIVE interface. (These AI will not automatically fire on visible targets and strikes must be ordered through the tablet.)

ALiVE & Liberation limitations:
It is currently not possible to use the Alive AI abstraction system for improved FPS, as it would contravene most of the good features in Liberation.
I currently do not have ALiVE set to save any data; when the game is re-loaded, assets registered with ALiVE logistics can only be further given orders by
using zeus (or using zeus to drag the group to a player). Liberation itself suffers normally in this manner so I havent made an ALiVE work-around yet.
It would be possible to add an ALiVE re-registration button but I am not sure it warrants the effort.

Experimental features:
Pressing 6 in the map with a High command group selected will allow you to get HC infantry squads to board/unmount transports from ALiVE. Its a modified third-party script and
I cant vouch for how well it works, it will let you get infantry onto choppers and transports with a bit of luck however.

Known issues:
Two High Command groups cannot enter the same transport (some kind of arma limitation?).
HC troops cant use more than one transport on the map other than ALive ones.
Its possible to order more troops from ALiVE than available manpower, when this happens, you will not be able to purchase anything until below maximum manpower again.

Editing the scenario:
Its important that the military logistics forcepool is set to 20000 should you be modifying the ALiVE portion of the scenario.

Requirements:

RHS
ACE3
ALiVE
Leights Opfor Pack

Optional:

ATLAS Mod: LHD Plus - Start on a badass carrier full of freedom and democracy.
TRYK Multi-Play Uniforms - Customise your soldier to the extreme and beyond.
Burnes FV4034 Challenger 2 TES - Badass tank for the NATO side.
GREUH Vehicles - Ports most of the AAF vehicles to the NATO side.

edit: updated for 0.902

• Like 2

Thanks Magitex much appreciated!  :)

What would be really great to round out the gameplay would be some side missions, something to break up the normal gain territory model once and a while.  I am sure Zbug has thought of this just wanted to give my input.

Great mission, well done and great FPS.

Hey Z,

suggestion for an possible low priority feature. Would be nice to have some opfor response to bluefor jets, like regular jet spawns intercepting.

At the moment we got most time F18 Airsupport by an DCS player, wich makes the mission pretty easy if i dont spawn sometimes some Su25 to keep him busy ...

Just an Idea  :)

Hi zbug, I want to congrats you for this mission. Its excellent, one of the best I've played. Seriously, great work.

I'm working on adding the spanish language to the stringtable, I will upload it once I finish it.

I have some questions/suggestions:

1- What about a economic system for the gear? So, you get money by capturing sectors, killing enemies, healing friends, repairing, etc. and you buy guns and items with that money. This way you have to earn having better guns.

2- Leveling system with gives you access to better gear, restricted to higher levels.

3- Fastrope script

4- Frienldy AI support, like artillery.

5- "Fog of war". You can't see enemy sectors in the map until you are near them (2000-3000meters?). So, exploring would be interesting.

6- Mortars! I think I have not seen them in the BUILD menu.

7- Random Roadblocks and maybe patrols outside cities so you can't move freely around Altis.

I know that some of them are a bit difficult heheh.

I managed to make ACE3 (personally I dont like it too much, but my clan mates do) work with this mission, deleting FAR REVIVE from the init.sqf and placing the ACE modules. It's easy, but the difficult comes when you place the advanced modules. For example, advanced medical system allows medical vehicles and medical zones, so you have to insert the names of the vehicle and/or the zones. If those are generated with scripts, for me there's no way to do that (because i'm noob, sure).

Another question. I'm still a bit noob in editing missions. I want to port the mission to another maps like Australia. If I extract .pbo, change the name to australia, edit in arma and move all the markers to correct places (and change the marker name), will It run properly?

I'm noob at this but I could help you if needed.

Sorry for my bad english!!

Thank you!

1- Problem is, if we keep using the BIS arsenal, I can only do that with vanilla gear. The ability to put any mod with additional weapons and use it right away in liberation is one of the big advantages of not doing a gear upgrade system :P

I can always code something else but I'm afraid that won't be more interesting and more fun than the unlimited BIS arsenal

2- There's already a leveling system planned on the roadmap, but it will give perks (various upgrades to your character) rather than restrictions. I don't like the concept of those "kiljoy systems" that don't bring any new gameplay. And again with an "xp for more gear" system, mods would be a big problem, with the need  to add every classname by hand to define what gear is low tier, mid tier or high tier, thus restricting the players choices of mods to maybe 1% of what they currently have

3- I can look into that but I believe there's already fastrope mods around as we already have one on our server. A fastrope script would conflict with any fastrope mod in the same way that the FAR revive (mission revive) is annoying for ACE users

(modded revive)

4- There's already AI artillery ;) commanding it is another problem, but then we have humans to do that? More seriously it seems all these features are already in ACE/Alive and Magitex has already done a liberation version using these mods

5- That would totally defeat any strategy, especially with the upcoming change that vehicle unlocks will be tied to bases, you can't plan anything proper without seeing the map. Plus that would break quite a lot of systems that currently rely on map markers (even client side)

6- That's because they're in the arsenal, even though I could remove them (I did with clashpoint), but that would also remove the ability to repack built mortars and carry them as backpacks. So yeah you can use the mortar bags from the arsenal, and because of that, I couldn't put them into the build menu. Option 1 - make people pay for them and have others exploit it by using the free version or Option 2- make them free which is an invitation for some horrible spamming

7- This is planned as part of adding the FIA faction, it's on the roadmap. Also there's already CSAT patrols on the open road, their density depends on the alert level

As for your ending points you now have a neat porting guide and an ACE/Alive version ;)

Cheers

Hey Z,

suggestion for an possible low priority feature. Would be nice to have some opfor response to bluefor jets, like regular jet spawns intercepting.

At the moment we got most time F18 Airsupport by an DCS player, wich makes the mission pretty easy if i dont spawn sometimes some Su25 to keep him busy ...

Just an Idea  :)

It's already planned here as part of an effort to make player controlled air assets less deadly for the CSAT :P

Thanks Magitex much appreciated!  :)

What would be really great to round out the gameplay would be some side missions, something to break up the normal gain territory model once and a while.  I am sure Zbug has thought of this just wanted to give my input.

Great mission, well done and great FPS.

Yep it's already on the roadmap :)

Conclusion to my post: please, read the roadmap :D (and have a look at trello)

I understand there's a lot of info everywhere and you may not have the time for that, but surely asking for things that are already planned won't make it better ;)

• Like 1

Liberating Pyrgos Base with a bunch of human teammates. Paradroping was maybe not the best idea but eeeeeh we managed in the end

Until v0.902 comes out you should avoid taking your prisonners above 750 meters. Air vehicles below 750 meters won't cause issues. Now that's a pretty specific bug :p

(Thanks Tetsel)

We seem to have a issue on our server were we are in the sector about 20 secs before it starts spawning in enemies, not sure if you have had this happen.

We seem to have a issue on our server were we are in the sector about 20 secs before it starts spawning in enemies, not sure if you have had this happen.

Yep, and it's a feature

The spawning system has to deal with a lot of simultaneous problems:

- stuff needs to spawn when the players want to attack a sector,

- stuff should not spawn when players wander into a sector by mistake,

- server performance should be preserved, and AIs are very expensive.

If hostiles were spawned faster, it would raise the chances of spawning stuff by mistake just because your helicopter has flown over something for a few seconds. And that would have consequences on your framerate and overall game experience.

To solve the problem, the system uses player count. If you enter a sector with 30 soldiers there's a good chance you really mean business, and hostiles will spawn in a few seconds. However if you come with only 2 or 3 dudes, the system will basically ask "are you sure you want to do that" again and again, and it will take about a minute to decide that since you've been here for a while with nothing to do, surely you want things to shoot at ;)

It's really a question of balancing gameplay versus performance, as poor performance always means poor gameplay. That system has been tweaked a lot already and now most people are happy with it, but I guess it will be impossible to make it perfect unless one day Arma 3 can handle 500 AIs without issue

Hey, 

some time ago someone with the same problem posted his RPT here with this error: House 4f95d600# 1813810: lhd_1.p3d (from) not found in the operative map.

Would like to know if anyone found a solution for that. Got this error every second in my rpt log...

Could you add stuff from JNS Skycranes mod that work with Xeno Taru Pod mod

Classname:

JNS_Skycrane_BLU_Black (Vehicle)

JNS_Skycrane_Pod_Bench_BLU_Black (Dropable Bench)

JNS_Skycrane_Pod_Ammo_BLU_Black

JNS_Skycrane_Pod_Medical_BLU_Black

JNS_Skycrane_Pod_Repair_BLU_Black

JNS_Skycrane_Pod_Transport_BLU_Black

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Zbug,
first at all, thanks for your mission and your time to do it.

Im trying to remove the CSAT stuff (enemies, vehicles, etc) by a Russian stuff (RHS).
I suppose the file to edit is "classnames.sqf".
But at times, while i'm playing, the cities are empty and only see an enemy vehicle o two (Guerrilla Land Rover).

Part of modified "classnames.sqf":

// All the CSAT pre-made squads
opfor_squad_low_intensity = ["rhs_msv_officer","rhs_msv_machinegunner","rhs_msv_medic","rhs_msv_grenadier_rpg","rhs_msv_rifleman","rhs_msv_rifleman","rhs_msv_rifleman","rhs_msv_rifleman"];
opfor_squad_8_standard = ["rhs_msv_officer","rhs_msv_officer","rhs_msv_machinegunner","rhs_msv_machinegunner","rhs_msv_medic","rhs_msv_marksman","rhs_msv_grenadier","rhs_msv_grenadier_rpg"];
opfor_squad_8_infkillers = ["rhs_msv_officer","rhs_msv_machinegunner","rhs_msv_machinegunner","rhs_msv_machinegunner","rhs_msv_medic","rhs_msv_marksman","rhs_msv_rifleman","rhs_msv_marksman"];
opfor_squad_8_tankkillers = ["rhs_msv_officer","rhs_msv_medic","rhs_msv_machinegunner","rhs_msv_grenadier_rpg","rhs_msv_grenadier_rpg","rhs_msv_grenadier_rpg","rhs_msv_grenadier_rpg","rhs_msv_grenadier_rpg"];
opfor_squad_8_airkillers = ["rhs_msv_officer","rhs_msv_medic","rhs_msv_machinegunner","rhs_msv_grenadier_rpg","rhs_msv_grenadier_rpg","rhs_msv_aa","rhs_msv_aa","rhs_msv_aa"];

// Single units that will be used for secondary objectives and cargo posts garrisons
opfor_sentry = "rhs_msv_rifleman";
opfor_lookout_1 = "rhs_msv_machinegunner";
opfor_lookout_2 = "rhs_msv_grenadier_rpg";

// All the vehicles that can spawn as sector defenders and patrols, the game will pick randomly
opfor_vehicles = ["rhs_btr60_vdv","rhs_btr70_vdv","rhs_btr60_vdv","rhs_btr70_vdv","rhs_t72bd_tv","rhs_t72bd_tv","rhs_zsu234_aa","rhs_btr80_msv","rhs_bmp1_tv","rhs_bmp1_tv"];
// Same, with lighter choices to be used  when the alert level is low
opfor_vehicles_low_intensity = ["rhs_btr60_vdv","rhs_btr70_vdv","rhs_bmp1_tv","rhs_bmp1_tv","rhs_btr80_msv"];

// All the vehicles that can spawn as battlegroup members, again the game will pick randomly
opfor_battlegroup_vehicles = ["rhs_btr70_vdv","rhs_btr60_vdv","rhs_bmp1_tv","rhs_bmp1_tv","RHS_Ural_VV_01","rhs_t72bd_tv","rhs_t72bd_tv","rhs_zsu234_aa","RHS_Ka52_vvs","RHS_Mi24V_vdv","RHS_Mi8mt_vv"];
// All the vehicles that can spawn as battlegroup members (see above) and hold 8 soldiers as passengers.
// If something can't hold all 8 soldiers then buggy behaviours may occur
opfor_troup_transports = ["rhs_btr70_vdv","RHS_Ural_VV_01","RHS_Mi8mt_vv"];
// Battlegroup members that will need to spawn in flight. Should be only helos but, who knows
opfor_choppers = ["RHS_Ka52_vvs","RHS_Mi24V_vdv","RHS_Mi8mt_vv"];

// Opfor attack aircrafts to choose from
opfor_air = ["RHS_Su25SM_vvsc"];

As you can see, i changed all CSAT by RHS stuff (Soldiers, BMPs, T72s, KA52s) but i can't see it during playtime.
Any suggestions?

Greetings.

v0.902 is out, grab it here.

List of changes on trello.

Most important changes:

- Elite vehicles are now randomly linked to military bases, you must control the base to build the vehicle,

- The UI will tell you when no more sectors can activate, and where you should go to find a fight,

- Hostile military bases will now spawn ammo crates instead of giving you an ammo reward out of thin air,

- It's now possible to load those crates in a variety of vehicles such as transport trucks or large helicopters.

If you encounter issues you can revert to v0.901

Known issue: the "sector attacked" notification may break and say "FOB" instead, I'm looking into it. Curiously enough the new UI timer will show the correct sector name.

Oh and yeah, tonight we did this

http://i.imgur.com/tjnV6Tp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xMIbWcQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Z1iIB5W.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xbbfBlW.jpg

@Mariocornetto: make sure that the server has RHS loaded, and check the server rpts for errors

Armaholic link on first post still redirect to 0.901 dl

I'm not managing the Armaholic mirror but the person who does is usually very quick to update ;)

@Mariocornetto: make sure that the server has RHS loaded, and check the server rpts for errors

Hi Zbug.

Yes, dedicated server has RHS loaded. I will check the .rpt right now.

By the way, i posted the changes in "classnames.sqf" to replace CSAT by RHS Russians. Are the changes ok? Another file to edit?.

Greetings.

First off, loving the mission. My friends and I all enjoy it very much. I was wondering if somebody could help me though. It would be much appreciated.

I've been trying to replace the NATO MRAPs with the RHS HMMWV vehicles with no success.

I tried editing the light vehicles in the classnames file from:

["B_MRAP_01_hmg_F",0,10,2],
["B_MRAP_01_gmg_F",0,20,2],
["rhsusf_m998_w_4dr",0,0,2],
to:
["rhsusf_m1025_m2",0,10,2],
["rhsusf_m1025_mk19",0,20,2],
["rhsusf_m998_w_2dr",0,0,2],
All this did was remove the MRAPs from the build menu. I did manage to change the four door HMMWV to the two door version though.  :D  That seems to be the only HMMWV it will accept for me. Any ideas? 

For those having issues with adding RHS vehicles to the mission, I will try to do the same tonight and see what happens ;)

Also while savegame issues have been extremely rare, I do recommend to backup the server's .vars.profile once in a while. Tetsel does and he's very glad today, even though the issue he had makes no sense at all...