zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Hey,

this line in the new version init.sqf: enableSaving [ false, false ];

does it mean the progress wont be saved?

This mean you cannot save with BIS ingame save system. (because it sucks a bit)

This mission have it's own saving system that works pretty well. This mean you don't have to worry about it, it's all automatic.

• Like 1

hello,

please fix that the spawning of the offroad-truck´s costs our green-fist-ressources. (v.0.88)

(switch to turn off the trucks in mission parameters)

ist there a possibility to turn off civil-life? (mission parameters)

-> to increase the performance

greetz

1- Ha yes, I didn't understand why I had a civilian truck on my zeus interface yesterday. Thanks for pinpointing the issue, I'll remove the truck from civilian units. Noted here

2- Sure thing, noted here  :)

That won't improve performance that much though, yesterday we chocked the server with two full CSAT battlegroups, pyrgos + pyrgos base + pyrgos quarry defender spawns, and every possible patrol because of the 100% alertness. The 15-ish civilians on top of that won't change much :P

So I'll also put an option to reduce the number of units spawned at a given time, and the global cap for both sides (currently 200 for opfor and 100 for blufor). Headless client support might also become a priority, only the big towns make it necessary but they're supposed to be the core of the mission, that sucks if everyone gets poor performance with them.

Thanks for the quick response.

No, the mission has not been modified in any way, and yes it's reproduceable. I've got 1 log file for each evening we played.

We will use the latest version 0.88a this evening and I'll report back if the error still occurs.

Yes I'll be curious about that. It's really strange that you're the only one to have this issue. Can you tell me where you are on the map, what town are you trying to attack? Maybe one sector in particular is bugged. How good is your performance? Are you hosting on your computer or dedicated? If you're on dedicated you can log as admin and use #monitor to see what's happening. I really have no precise idea :(

Hey,

this line in the new version init.sqf: enableSaving [ false, false ];

does it mean the progress wont be saved?

Like Keewa said it's only for the built-in save that every scenario uses by default. When it's activated you can bypass the in-mission save system by clicking "restart" and you'll lose progress if the server has crashed on the previous session. At least now you can't do that mistake anymore :)

So yeah, less saving equals more saving. Don't worry :P

I'll have a 0.88b tonight just to correct the civilian truck bug. Thanks again for all your feedback!

v0.88b is up, minor hotfix to the civilian repair offroads being counted as actual blufor units

• Like 1

Could you tell me how to make the FOB-Container invulnerable? Since its not a object in editor i dont know exactly where i can define this allowDamage false...

We had an accident today while hooking the container so it was useless and wont respawn.

Edit: Found it in scripts/server/base/startgame.sqf   :)

I see that the IA in Normal is too much.  But all know that the arma IA is broken.  Anyone can recommend some IA MOD to use? is there any mod that makes the IA can't kill you 800/1000 mts only with ACO?

Thanks

I have tried the mission in the editor, and now want to restart the mission, hosted from my computer, but when I host a LAN game it starts from where I let off in the editor. Where do I find/how do I restart the mission. When I do a Restart from the launch screen it does not reset everything.

Thanks,

@sandman1980 : we're using bCombat in addition with C2, VCOM Driving mod and some other smaller scripts/mods (like VTSDuckhunt). Gives a quite good result for us.

• Like 1

1- Ha yes, I didn't understand why I had a civilian truck on my zeus interface yesterday. Thanks for pinpointing the issue, I'll remove the truck from civilian units. Noted here

2- Sure thing, noted here  :)

That won't improve performance that much though, yesterday we chocked the server with two full CSAT battlegroups, pyrgos + pyrgos base + pyrgos quarry defender spawns, and every possible patrol because of the 100% alertness. The 15-ish civilians on top of that won't change much :P

So I'll also put an option to reduce the number of units spawned at a given time, and the global cap for both sides (currently 200 for opfor and 100 for blufor). Headless client support might also become a priority, only the big towns make it necessary but they're supposed to be the core of the mission, that sucks if everyone gets poor performance with them.

Ok, Thanks.

Thats a lot work for the Server. And yes, HC would be a great help to increase the performance.

#1 What do you use for a server ? (Specs)

#2 Is there perhaps relevant points for the Server-Config?

greetz

@gwiddik thanks for the info.  Yesterday i install the ASR AI3 in the server, but let's try the mod you say too!

Zbug, when you take an area the AI try to retake it?  I ask this because while an area is being taken the AI send reinforcement.  But when the areas belong tu us (are in blue) i see that other attacks do not occur in this areas.  For example we have taken a few areas in the East, now we move to the West and take others areas, and the East remains in blue, these areas are not in danger.

Hey,

i cant get Zeus to work. Im logged as Admin and Zeus tells me "Placing Objects is not available". Any Ideas how to solve this?

Could you tell me how to make the FOB-Container invulnerable? Since its not a object in editor i dont know exactly where i can define this allowDamage false...

We had an accident today while hooking the container so it was useless and wont respawn.

Edit: Found it in scripts/server/base/startgame.sqf   :)

Well you found the temporary fix already :P I'll do something more convenient, noted here

I see that the IA in Normal is too much.  But all know that the arma IA is broken.  Anyone can recommend some IA MOD to use? is there any mod that makes the IA can't kill you 800/1000 mts only with ACO?

Thanks

Well that's funny because I've actually raised the AI skills in the last version, because they weren't accurate enough to me. The long range accuracy has always been odd but I find their close to mid-range performance to be rather fair. If you're paying attention, progress slowly and wear heavy kevlar you hardly ever get incapacitated, at least in my experience

Here's the mission's AI settings in case you're wondering, for reference the regular accuracy skill from the original game is 0.7 or something I think (which is very deadly indeed)

if ( damage _unit > 0.25 ) then { _wounded = true; };
_skillmodifier = sqrt GRLIB_difficulty_modifier;

if ( _wounded ) then {
_unit setSkill ["aimingspeed", [ 0.15 * _skillmodifier ] call F_limitSkill ];
_unit setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", [ 0.03 * _skillmodifier ] call F_limitSkill ];
_unit setSkill ["aimingshake", 0];
_unit setSkill ["spottime", 0.5];
_unit setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.25];
_unit setSkill ["commanding", 0.1];
_unit setSkill ["reloadSpeed", 0.1];
} else {
if ( _side == WEST || _side == EAST ) then {
_unit setSkill ["aimingspeed", [ 0.4 * _skillmodifier ] call F_limitSkill];
_unit setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", [ 0.33 * _skillmodifier ] call F_limitSkill];
_unit setSkill ["aimingshake", [ 0.5 * _skillmodifier ] call F_limitSkill];
_unit setSkill ["spottime", [ 1.0 * _skillmodifier ] call F_limitSkill];
_unit setSkill ["spotdistance", [ 0.75 * _skillmodifier ] call F_limitSkill];
_unit setSkill ["commanding", 1.0];
_unit setSkill ["reloadSpeed", 0.75];
} else {
_unit setSkill ["aimingspeed", [ 0.4 * _skillmodifier ] call F_limitSkill];
_unit setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", [ 0.25 * _skillmodifier ] call F_limitSkill];
_unit setSkill ["aimingshake", [ 0.35 * _skillmodifier ] call F_limitSkill];
_unit setSkill ["spottime", [ 0.8 * _skillmodifier ] call F_limitSkill];
_unit setSkill ["spotdistance", [ 0.4 * _skillmodifier ] call F_limitSkill];
_unit setSkill ["commanding", 1.0];
_unit setSkill ["reloadSpeed", 0.5];
};
};

I have tried the mission in the editor, and now want to restart the mission, hosted from my computer, but when I host a LAN game it starts from where I let off in the editor. Where do I find/how do I restart the mission. When I do a Restart from the launch screen it does not reset everything.

Thanks,

As you start your multiplayer game, when you choose your soldier slot, you have a "parameters" button in the top right corner. Here you can set the two "wipe savegame" parameters to "yes" and start with a fresh savegame. Note that it will start saving again right away, and the option will go back to "no" next time you start a game, so you don't have to worry about it ;)

@sandman1980 : we're using bCombat in addition with C2, VCOM Driving mod and some other smaller scripts/mods (like VTSDuckhunt). Gives a quite good result for us.

bCombat works in multiplayer now? That's nice to hear, I have to test it then 

ASR was nice but the load from AI smoke grenades was crippling the performance, we stopped using it when Bohemia integrated the AI smoke behaviour in vanilla

Ok, Thanks.

Thats a lot work for the Server. And yes, HC would be a great help to increase the performance.

#1 What do you use for a server ? (Specs)

#2 Is there perhaps relevant points for the Server-Config?

greetz

#1 That's a great question for McKeewa as I don't own the server, but I suppose it's a pretty good rig based on a core i7? We get 40 to 48 fps if we don't do something stupid like attacking Pyrgos with 100+ blufor troops that were transfered to the server when my Zeus interface stopped working... just realized that today, surely the reason why I've seen the server go below 20 fps for the first time ever :P

#2 Not really no, the fps will always fall quickly when you reach a certain number of AIs, it's not a question of network packets size or frequency or whatever. I will lower the AI cap and integrate this feature for those who don't use HC, then the HC later on so you can play with much higher AI caps. I will also reduce the sector activation range back to 1000 instead of 1250, raising it in the last version surely didn't help with performance issues.

That's a funny topic cause I remember back in the old days playing MFCTI with about 10 fps and finding it just about fine. Then we had another mission for Arma 2 with about 400 AIs and I had 15-20 fps when hosting it but again that was just fine. Now 30 fps on Arma 3 feel like poor performance. That's funny how standards and expectations have changed over the years :)

@gwiddik thanks for the info.  Yesterday i install the ASR AI3 in the server, but let's try the mod you say too!

Zbug, when you take an area the AI try to retake it?  I ask this because while an area is being taken the AI send reinforcement.  But when the areas belong tu us (are in blue) i see that other attacks do not occur in this areas.  For example we have taken a few areas in the East, now we move to the West and take others areas, and the East remains in blue, these areas are not in danger.

Currently the AI does two things:

- reinforcements: every patrol will go towards the sector you are currently attacking. They may cross your territory to reach their objective, but they won't stay long enough to actually switch a sector.

- counter attacks: a battlegroup will pop on the nearest possible position from the sector you are attacking, taking into account your territory and your forces (they won't ever spawn within visual range, or into blufor controlled territory). Then they will attack the nearest blufor sector from their starting position, which might not be the one you're at, depending on where they spawned and where the frontline is. They will stay until their target is captured, then go to the next nearest one, and repeat until they are destroyed.

So you shouldn't expect AI troops to backcap your territory, even if it would be a good idea for them to do that, I don't find it interesting gameplay to run everywhere after AI forces, I'd rather have them attack the frontline where the players are and we've already had some pretty epic battles thanks to that. Ghostcapping is never epic ;)

In some next version they may start to ghostcap if there is a high number of players on the server like 25 or 30+, I'm still thinking about it here. But I'm very cautious about it, because the older mechanics I've tried weren't fun at all (long before the beta release fortunately). But everything is subject to change ;)

Hey,

i cant get Zeus to work. Im logged as Admin and Zeus tells me "Placing Objects is not available". Any Ideas how to solve this?

Yes you can't use the Zeus interface to build as I wouldn't be able to manage the ammo you're using. You should build troops and vehicles at a FOB, then use Zeus only to command their movement. Again it's a placeholder, the commander interface will allow you to build and command at the same time (and much more)

Thanks for your all feedback!

Thanks for letting us know what your up to, sounds good.

I do understand the missing balancing in letting zeus spawn units. But my intention is not spawn friendlys, just wanted the possebility in case we are to many players to make things really difficult...like spawn a counter atack on FOB or something....

Edit: guess u already know just wanted to tell, this is a big step to something like arma2 mso and we appreciate very much...

• Like 1

Zbug, in the 0.9.25 version of ASR AI3  the smoke usage was removed. Yesterday I install it in my server but I did not have time to test it well with your mission.

• Like 1

I've done some testing and played around with the mission framework itself (in regard to porting to a different map). 

Now i noticed two strange, but not gamebreaking, behaviours.

First : When i start the mission, whether it is a new mission or a mission in progress, there are spawning TWO carriers at the same position with an offset of 180° to each other. This sometimes happens also with the original totally untouched mission-file (v0.88a).
Maybe because of a corrupted savegame ? (Even if i have never touched the vars-file within the profiles folder). Is there an second way of "deleting" the savegame besides the mission-parameter option, to do some more tests ? I'd like to clear the savegame BEFORE mission starts, just to exclude that my savegame is the reason (even if i trust your deleting-script ;) )

Second : I have transfered everything to a different map (in my case FSF Al Rayak). After mission start (blank, no savegame) i can choose the carrier as always but the Huron does not spawn there. Instead it spawns in the farest upper right corner of the map, in the middle of nowhere. Also the container does not spawn at all. Any ideas or could you please give me a short description how your mission initializes the huron and the container ? I went through the two sqm-files three times just to be sure that i have not missed to transfer a marker or something similar.

I'd like to ask if it is possible to add two options :

- An option to disassemble the first fob back to a container (OR better to a HEMTT - Containerversion). Just to be able to move it around if necessary.
- An option to have arsenal available at the first fob without buying a mobile respawn point.

Thanks in advance.... EPIC work. We like it a lot and had some real fun during the last weekend. :) 

We are running your awesome mission on a linux root with RHS and ASR AI3.

Unfortunately everytime in the second we destroy an enemy BTR-60 the server does crash. Any Idea what this might cause?

(I changed only classnames to fit RHS mod in the classnames.sqf)

Thanks.

Edit: solved RHS V 0.3.8 specific bug (http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=724)

• Like 1

I do understand the missing balancing in letting zeus spawn units. But my intention is not spawn friendlys, just wanted the possebility in case we are to many players to make things really difficult...like spawn a counter atack on FOB or something....

Hmm, that's a good point, I could leave an admin-only unrestricted Zeus option. But it might cause unexpected problems with units that aren't supposed to be there or removed units that shouldn't have been removed so, it will be much of a "use at your own risk" featurette ;)

1 : When i start the mission, whether it is a new mission or a mission in progress, there are spawning TWO carriers at the same position with an offset of 180° to each other. This sometimes happens also with the original totally untouched mission-file (v0.88a).

Maybe because of a corrupted savegame ? (Even if i have never touched the vars-file within the profiles folder). Is there an second way of "deleting" the savegame besides the mission-parameter option, to do some more tests ? I'd like to clear the savegame BEFORE mission starts, just to exclude that my savegame is the reason (even if i trust your deleting-script ;) )

2: I have transfered everything to a different map (in my case FSF Al Rayak). After mission start (blank, no savegame) i can choose the carrier as always but the Huron does not spawn there. Instead it spawns in the farest upper right corner of the map, in the middle of nowhere. Also the container does not spawn at all. Any ideas or could you please give me a short description how your mission initializes the huron and the container ? I went through the two sqm-files three times just to be sure that i have not missed to transfer a marker or something similar.

I'd like to ask if it is possible to add two options :

3 An option to disassemble the first fob back to a container (OR better to a HEMTT - Containerversion). Just to be able to move it around if necessary.

4 An option to have arsenal available at the first fob without buying a mobile respawn point.

1- Uh that's a pretty weird one :D

I can assure you it never happened in v0.88 or any other version for that matter, I would have noticed it :P

I suspect you have used the ATLAS_B_LHD_helper object, which was removed in 0.88 to allow people to play without the ATLAS mod. All you need is an invisible object named lhd (LHD in lower case)(I've used a grass cutter), and everything SHOULD work fine ;)

The savegame will joyfully ignore the LHD and everything on it so you can disregard that. If you really do want to wipe your save you may execute this code from the console in any mission or even the editor preview

profileNamespace setVariable [ "GREUH_LIBERATION_SAVEGAME", nil ];
saveProfileNamespace;

2- Should be resolved with point 1-, the huron and FOB container need something named lhd to spawn in the correct place

3- Indeed, noted here

4- Under "supports" (the ammo crate) you have the Arsenal Box for exactly that purpose

The starter black huron is also a mobile arsenal & spawn point

Edit: solved RHS V 0.3.8 specific bug (http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=724)

Well glad it's solved, thanks for the info :)

So you say you're running with RHS, did you replace the CSAT with russian forces? Does it work well?

Yea took me quite a while to manually replace every single unit to a matching RHS-counterpart but it works like a charm. Even in the fob templates no problem at all. We just hate vanilla units :)

If anyone has the same feeling about vanilla units and want to safe some time... http://www.file-upload.net/download-10867214/classnames.sqf.html

• Like 1

1- Uh that's a pretty weird one :D

I can assure you it never happened in v0.88 or any other version for that matter, I would have noticed it :P

I suspect you have used the ATLAS_B_LHD_helper object, which was removed in 0.88 to allow people to play without the ATLAS mod. All you need is an invisible object named lhd (LHD in lower case)(I've used a grass cutter), and everything SHOULD work fine ;)

The savegame will joyfully ignore the LHD and everything on it so you can disregard that. If you really do want to wipe your save you may execute this code from the console in any mission or even the editor preview

profileNamespace setVariable [ "GREUH_LIBERATION_SAVEGAME", nil ];
saveProfileNamespace;

2- Should be resolved with point 1-, the huron and FOB container need something named lhd to spawn in the correct place

Works like a charm.... :D Perfect. Thanks mate. 

Are you planning some kind of side-missions ? E.g. capture a convoy for a litte ammo / fuel boost or something similar ?

It's we found out a minor bug, some prisonner can't be interrogated, seems it happens when they are in building, or am I doing something wrong ?

Any feature planned to be able to move prisonner ? I've found the perfect place for a prison :p to stock up all that intel for a later use.

Hi all, my team use your marvelous mission since 2 week and since the 0.88b we have a recuring bug on ours dedicated server

as this :

4:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass2/' is not defined ('name' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass2/' is not defined ('armor' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass2/' is not defined ('material' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass2/' is not defined ('passThrough' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass3/' is not defined ('name' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass3/' is not defined ('armor' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass3/' is not defined ('material' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass3/' is not defined ('passThrough' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass4/' is not defined ('name' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass4/' is not defined ('armor' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass4/' is not defined ('material' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass4/' is not defined ('passThrough' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass5/' is not defined ('name' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass5/' is not defined ('armor' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass5/' is not defined ('material' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass5/' is not defined ('passThrough' accessed)

some idee ?

Works like a charm.... :D Perfect. Thanks mate. 

Are you planning some kind of side-missions ? E.g. capture a convoy for a litte ammo / fuel boost or something similar ?

https://trello.com/c/DqnRp742/59-secondary-objectives-v2

https://trello.com/c/RU6Nfmyq/18-new-ammo-source-convoys

Something is planned.

It's we found out a minor bug, some prisonner can't be interrogated, seems it happens when they are in building, or am I doing something wrong ?

Any feature planned to be able to move prisonner ? I've found the perfect place for a prison :P to stock up all that intel for a later use.

Not all factions have something to Intel. It's more a CSAT thing. Look for CSAT prisonner.

No prison in view but :

https://trello.com/c/k2sMiRRR/31-prisonners-give-a-reward

Hi all, my team use your marvelous mission since 2 week and since the 0.88b we have a recuring bug on ours dedicated server

as this :

4:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass2/' is not defined ('name' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass2/' is not defined ('armor' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass2/' is not defined ('material' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass2/' is not defined ('passThrough' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass3/' is not defined ('name' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass3/' is not defined ('armor' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass3/' is not defined ('material' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass3/' is not defined ('passThrough' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass4/' is not defined ('name' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass4/' is not defined ('armor' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass4/' is not defined ('material' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass4/' is not defined ('passThrough' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass5/' is not defined ('name' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass5/' is not defined ('armor' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass5/' is not defined ('material' accessed)
14:16:34 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Transport_04_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass5/' is not defined ('passThrough' accessed)

some idee ?

Do you play in vanilla ? Have you any mods actived ?

It's a config error (mods) not a script error.

Don't forget the 1.50 just released and that we are waiting for the traditionnal hotfix.

• Like 1

Many thanks for an excellent mission, one question would it be easy to make it that only commander and team leaders can use the build option. It would stop public coming on and building things everywhere using up resources.

• Like 1