zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

I did a quick Tutorial so people know what to do at the beginning, is not great but may help some new players out.

Is done in HD but currently being processed in YouTube, should be available soon.

Link found here: http://youtu.be/jC9sk7AzHAY

I gave full credit and link to you guys in the description, hope you don't mind, I know you are coming out with a video, when you do I will remove mine so people will go to your official video.

If you want, we can help and do a complete multi part tutorial for your mission and make it look professional, that is if you need the help.

• Like 2

Nah we will have an ingame tutorial soon, with text, pictures, and maybe a voice over, but videomakers are kinda hard to come by so we didn't really plan for anything like this :)

Anyways your video is great and very helpful! Do you mind if I put the link in the original post? And by the way if you want to do others like this one, you're absolutely welcome :D

Nah we will have an ingame tutorial soon, with text, pictures, and maybe a voice over, but videomakers are kinda hard to come by so we didn't really plan for anything like this :)

Anyways your video is great and very helpful! Do you mind if I put the link in the original post? And by the way if you want to do others like this one, you're absolutely welcome :D

I have no issue if you post this link in the original post, hope it helps new comers.

• Like 1

@Phlonk: Thanks, I put the link in the OP ;)

Also I've been watching that stream from one of your guys (Brahgee I think?) and that's really interesting to see the issues you've had as new players. I should definitely do something about the death screen that looks like a crash while keeping the brutal feeling of it. Maybe a discreet dark grey death skull would do the trick?

Also yeah seeing you guys going after a base right at the beginning, that was brutal :D But also pretty awesome to see that you did manage to flip a few things with a small group, because when you have less than 15-20 people the mission is really meant to be played with some AI support. You'd still die going after a base right at the start, but that would make everything else much easier ;)

Also at the end of the stream I could see the alert % already starting to go up, which is weird, in 0.84 only a large town being active would do that. It's gone in 0.85 either way ;)

If you're doing some more streaming or youtube videos I'm always interested in having your feedback. Especially to see what is frustrating / what doesn't work so I can polish those things

PS: It's GREUH like GRRRRR, not GRUUUU :D

PPS:

If you want, we can help and do a complete multi part tutorial for your mission and make it look professional, that is if you need the help.

I totally missed that line in your message, so sure, if you want to do that you'll be more than welcome! I'm still doing the ingame text manual, but your videos would really help :)

Tested location of deploying, it has no change on the error, so it must be caused by one or more of those mods.  I would suspect CBA A3, as all the others are just weapon packs.  CBA A3 does quite a few changes under the hood for the game, but this is the first time I've seen a scenario that may be incompatable with it.

I'm using CBA too so I don't think it's this one, but who knows. I'll be able to have a serious look at it after this week-end, and I'll tell you what's up then ;)

Added GitHub release link in the OP

Horrible weather, delayed week-end departure, new version ;)

https://github.com/GreuhZbug/greuh_liberation.Altis/releases/tag/v0.86

I've fixed most of the things you guys have reported (thanks a lot for that!), as usual you can find the changes listed on Trello. There's currently no bugs in the backlog, woohoo. To sum up, the death screen looks less like a crash while still being as brutal, vehicles with crews are being saved and loaded correctly, there's a new "vehicle sound" option to survive spending hours into those noisy helicopters, and the build interface gives some better feedback.

Tested location of deploying, it has no change on the error, so it must be caused by one or more of those mods.  I would suspect CBA A3, as all the others are just weapon packs.  CBA A3 does quite a few changes under the hood for the game, but this is the first time I've seen a scenario that may be incompatable with it.

That error was coming from either CUP or EricJ weapon pack, one of these is adding invisible stuff around the character, apparently to manage weapon resting since the object is named TMR_Autorest_Georef. That class has Bohemia Interactive as the author so I'm going to guess it comes from CUP.

The new build interface makes it pretty visible (see the red crosses with no text, that's where those things are). Anyways it's fixed, so you can use those mods in the mission without problems now ;)

Have a nice week-end!

Hi Zbug! I did not try yet the new version 0.86, but with the 0.84 we have a problems to take some points (towns, factory, bases, etc.) it seems that randomly when we clear an area this area don't belong to us side.  The bar is blue, but the name still in red, we search everywhere but there not ia remains. If we get out of the zone, all ia come back.  This happens like i said randomly, because you go to another town for ex. and it can be taken, then you come back in another time to an area that before we can't conquest and then work. We see this happens after reload the mission.

I will try now the version 0.86 and I will tell if the same happens.

How can I get the Commander/Zeus slot to specific user locks ( PlayerUID)

Hi Zbug, i try the 0.86 and happens the same, i can't take the areas.  All IA dead, all bar in blue, but the name of the area still in red. 

In this first image you can see the zone with the bar in blue, name in red and the area grey. In the zone i was alone.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039117039/screenshot/1462895077775930808

In this second you can see the zone with the bar in blue, name in red, but the area go to blue when other friend come to it.  If we leave the area como grey again.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039117039/screenshot/1462895077775935138

In this image you can see a global picture with other areas that we can take it and their name are in blue.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039117039/screenshot/1462895077775934270

The mods that we have in our server are:

CBA 1.23

AiA

RHS

ATLAS LHD

ShackTac User Interface

Thanks for the new version, I will let you know if we still encounter any issues with those weapon mods.  One feature I think would be good is remote deletion of friendly units in Zeus interface.  Both AI controlled infantry and vehicles have the habit of becoming stuck.  Remote deletion would be helpful rather than needing to execute stubborn AI infantry with artillery, or sending players to remote locations to unstuck and recover vehicles.

@jus61: I will look into ACE integration later on, I don't even have the mod right now :) If someone else wants to create and maintain the ACE version, everything is on github ;)

@sandman1980: yeah the sector activation and capture rules are too obscure right now, I will rewrite them from scratch in the next update. In the meantime just make sure you always attack sectors with at least two people, because you aren't even getting full spawns at the moment. Not one plus one later on, two at once. Yeah I will definitely rewrite all that stuff :p

@jus61: right now you can't do that, later on you will get more options, such as vote for commander or lock to a single uid

@hangphyr: to delete stuck or useless AI you can use the Zeus interface to rename their group "delete", they'll be gone after a short while. I can't remember if it works for their vehicles. The new upcoming RTS interface will make it all a lot easier ;)

hi

This mission is the best! So great!

I've been waiting for this! :lol:

Keep it up!

thx.

• Like 1

I have planned to add an option to start with a first fob already built somewhere on the map, would that work for you?

• Like 1

That will work like a charm! Thank you!

EDIT: another option could be that you spawn in the carrier with as a 4 man team, take a Hummingbird ,secure a piece of land and request AI to slingload the container on land.

Just for the sake of realism....

Great Mission been playing it on my Dedi Server, a couple of questions/comments:

1. I am having the same issue below when playing one player with AI is that the problem?

In this first image you can see the zone with the bar in blue, name in red and the area grey. In the zone i was alone.

http://steamcommunit...895077775930808

2. Is there a way to get the Red Name to turn Blue?

3. Missions definately does not like ALive.

4. Really would be nice to have some "Support" options (ALive or ?) when few players are present

Thanks,

Vengeance

Just updated our clan to new version 0.86, Great work ZBug!!

Amazing fixes.

Great Mission been playing it on my Dedi Server, a couple of questions/comments:

1- For now your only solution is to attack sectors with at least 2 soldiers (could be AI teammates), or wait until v0.87 later this week. The system is meant to prevent a fighter jet from activating half the map which used to cause a massive lag, but obviously the new system still doesn't work as people manage to get stuck in all sorts of ways, so I'll rewrite it better

2- Same as 1- ! ;)

3- Ha yes I guess, mod integrations like Alive or ACE will either be done when the mission is complete, or if someone wants to fork the mission on GitHub and do the integration themselves, I can't make this a priority right now

4- Well the mission is meant to be played in coop, so other players should be your supports, but if you really want to play solo I suppose I could come up with a system of supports that becomes available when too few people are playing. I'll think about it

Thanks a lot of all the feedback, much appreciated!

That will work like a charm! Thank you!

EDIT: another option could be that you spawn in the carrier with as a 4 man team, take a Hummingbird ,secure a piece of land and request AI to slingload the container on land.

Just for the sake of realism....

AI + slingload = no way it will ever work, trust me :D

Hey ZBug,

Vehicle sound slider bar works AMAZING!! Thought I would state something that is not a request for enhancement like I normally do, LOL!!

Can't wait for some of the upcoming additions.

• Like 1

v0.87 published with the one urgent change: sector activation and capture rules are now more obvious and streamlined, and yes, you can solo sectors now. HOWEVER, until now soloing never got you full spawns, and from now on it will ;)

I've tested it and it seems to work very well, but there might be new issues as a result. You can always revert to the previous version from github if you need to.

New sector rules: https://trello.com/c/GKNU3vQR/84-rewrite-sector-activation-rules

could you make it work without the ATLAS Mod?