zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

bcWRxMT.png

Latest Version: v0.924 (July 3rd)

Download from GitHub

Download from ArmaHolic

Previous releases: GitHub

Overview

Altis has fallen to the CSAT forces, and it's up to you to take it back. Embark with your teammates on a persistent campaign that will span several weeks of real time to liberate all the major cities of the island.

• Experience a massive CTI campaign with over 150 different capturable settlements across the entire island,
  • Cooperate with 0 to 40 other players, with a commander role and recruitable AI troops to fill the gaps,
  • Buy troops and vehicles using three different types of resources,
  • Build the FOB of your dreams with an ingame "what you see is what you get" system,
  • Fight aggressive and cunning hostile forces who react and adapt to your actions,
  • Learn that every window is a threat thanks to the custom urban combat AI,
  • Accomplish meaningful secondary objectives that will benefit your progression,
  • Never lose your progress with the built-in server-side save system.

How to play / How to start

Tutorial video by Phlonk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC9sk7AzHAY

Wiki by Bramjam: http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/GREUH_Liberation_Wikia

Bug reports

It's a beta, things will break :)

If you encounter a bug and want it looked into, you should be providing:

1. SERVER LOGS (rpt files),
  2. Client logs (rpt files - one is fine, more is better),
  3. Headless client(s) logs, if applicable,
  4. Version of the mission you've been using,
  5. Modifications you've made to the original mission files, if any,
  6. Mods you're using, if any,
  7. Screenshots showing the issue, if applicable,
  8. Reproduction steps, if applicable.

The more the better, fixing broken stuff is easy, reproducing issues is tough, and that's where you can really help!

Follow the development

Trello

You can follow the progress and see the upcoming features on Trello. If you create an account (for free) you can comment and vote, so feel free to help us prioritize the upcoming features ;)

> GitHub

The mission is published under the MIT license, so you can modify and redistribute it with no limitation as long as you credit me and don't hold me liable for anything. You can make the modifications you want, adding more mods for example. You can even participate in the development by submitting your own pull requests for fixes and features.

> Twitter

I'll be tweeting about releases and other important infos about the project, but nothing too spammy.

Thanks

Bohemia Interactive Studios for making such an awesome software,

Farooq for FAR Revive,

Jus61 and Nic547 for the German translation,

Phlonk and Braghee from AUGamers for all the late night testing and their tutorial videos,

Bramjam for the wiki and beta-testing effort,

Larrow for his arsenal blacklist script,

Aeroson for his loadout saving/loading scripts,

Quiksilver for his cleanup script,

Regiregi22 for the Spanish translation,

All the beta testers for their invaluable feedback and bug reports.

Liberation Youtube Playlist

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Looks very promising, thanks for sharing! I will definitely try it out, mostly as a single player.

• Like 1

@Kurtosis thanks :)

I've done a lot of solo testing, so it's definitly doable to play solo as the commander, and even jump into the fight with a squad of your own. Mobile respawn and squad member respawn will help a lot. Just be patient and forgiving with the AIs, their "autodanger" behaviour might become unnerving sometimes ;)

Hi,

i´ve downloaded and tested your mission. I really like your idea and i´m really in search for a mission like yours. Great.

I have two questions.

First : I´ve deployed the first FOB and tried to spawn some infantry but the "Build"-Button keeps grayed-out. I have a "manpower"-level of 40/35. Shouldn´t this be something like 10/35 ?
Any clues what i´ve done wrong ?

Second : Could you create a version without the LHD ? My comrades and i are using a "modified" version of Altis, where we have placed a lot of objects, self-made FOBs and stuff. We would really use it and start from one of "our" bases. Would it be possible to use a marker for the first FOB instead of the Chopper-Container-System ? (Just to have an option.)

Again ... thanks man... great job.

Thank you :)

1- Each soldier costs several points of manpower depending on its strength: 2 for the standard rifleman, 5 for the heavy gunner, 1 for a crewman and so on. Also supports such as ammo boxes and mobile spawns have a permanent manpower cost (and you can recycle mobile spawns if that's an issue). However with only the first FOB deployed you should already have 50 manpower and 20 fuel to start with, so you should be able to pull a bit more than that at the beginning. I'm not sure what's going on here :D

The starting ressources should allow you to pull 2 squads of light infantry. With the first town captured you can pull a mobile spawn on top of that. The prices aren't definitive at all, we're not sure about the right balance for everything yet. That's also why the beta test will be useful ;)

2- The optionnal LHD is already in the planned features but I didn't really look into it yet. If you delete the LHD a large part of the scripts will stop working as they assume the LHD is still here - don't do that :)

I can't guarantee the mission will work with anything else than the "official" Altis, but yeah I'm going to look into alternate starts without the LHD in a future version, if you really don't want to use it :p

I just downloaded your mission and have it setup on our dedicated server and so far it is running great, took awhile to understand what to do at the beginning :)

Quick question though:

1) We placed a concrete wall down to test and I was wondering if there was anyway to get rid of it? It is in a brutal spot :)

Resolved: 2) Is there anyway to DISABLE fatigue :) it is such a pain.

This is what happens when people don't know what to do.

Thanks for this mission though, this is definately going to give us MANY enjoyable hours of gameplay.

played it a little. cool so far. spam

17:23:37 Error in expression < 1)) && (_x distance lhd > 1000) && (_x distance (call F_getNearestFob) < _fob_d>
17:23:37   Error position: <distance (call F_getNearestFob) < _fob_d>
17:23:37   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
17:23:37 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\scripts\client\recycle_manager.sqf, line 15

That can't place object error is pretty problematic.  I was only eventually able to place down a FOB by respawning while it rapid-fired object placements errors, seemed to work.  Not sure if there is supposed to be a building with the FOB, but it made the respawn and build point at least.  However, the same workaround doesn't work for vehicles.  Seems to dislike placement regardless of how open the terrain seemed?

Hi Zbug! This is an awesome mission.  Yesterday i and six friends try it in a dedicated server.

I have some questions:

1 - There any way to protect the zones that i take? Ex. the bases, towns or factory?  I mean Build some static weapons with IA like i can do in the FOBs?

2 - When i build the FOBs i see that i can´t place static weapons over objects so all the defenses i have to put in the ground.  The walls and barriers are very high and block all static weapons.  You can make a system where you can change the height of the objects and put them over others objects like Guard Post, Bunkers, etc.?

3 - I see that the mission have a savemode to allow to continue the mission in other moment.  But when i load it again all the IA in the defences (Static Weapons) are gone.  There an option to fill all defences again with IA?

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you can understand my questions.

Thanks a lot for your returns! This is all very helpful :)

I'll release a v0.85 with those fixes on Thursday evening (13/08), or Wednesday with a bit of luck

1) We placed a concrete wall down to test and I was wondering if there was anyway to get rid of it? It is in a brutal spot 

Resolved: 2) Is there anyway to DISABLE fatigue it is such a pain.

This is what happens when people don't know what to do.

1- Noted: https://trello.com/c/MSa0rLzr/71-building-recycling

2- How did you resolve it? Some client mod should be able to do that, but it won't work on public servers. So I've added "disable fatigue" as an upcoming mission option:  https://trello.com/c/sl3nNDZg/23-more-mission-options

3- Yeah the tutorial is coming quickly, after playing the mission for a quite a while I didn't realize there was a small learning curve :P

On the other hand your problems and questions will help make that tutorial more accurate ;)

played it a little. cool so far. spam

17:23:37 Error in expression < 1)) && (_x distance lhd > 1000) && (_x distance (call F_getNearestFob) < _fob_d>
17:23:37   Error position: <distance (call F_getNearestFob) < _fob_d>
17:23:37   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
17:23:37 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\scripts\client\recycle_manager.sqf, line 15

Thanks a lot for the log, I see exactly what the issue is (and it's a very stupid mistake on my part ;))

Noted: https://trello.com/c/bkV2X7Rf/72-recycle-script-rpt-spam-with-no-fob but I suspect deploying the first FOB already fixed it for you ;)

That can't place object error is pretty problematic.  I was only eventually able to place down a FOB by respawning while it rapid-fired object placements errors, seemed to work.  Not sure if there is supposed to be a building with the FOB, but it made the respawn and build point at least.  However, the same workaround doesn't work for vehicles.  Seems to dislike placement regardless of how open the terrain seemed?

I've never seen such an issue, people always manage to find a clear area to place their stuff. That script has to make things very safe because you don't want an expensive fighter jet clipping something and blowing up in your face.

Yet not being able to place anything at all makes me suspect there's a real issue here. Can you provide your rpt log, and a screenshot of the problem happening?

Anyways that interface could be better in terms of feedback (like showing red markers over every object that's in the way), so I'll prioritize a nice little refactor. Might be another week depending on the complexity, I hope to get it working for you before that tho ;)

Noted: https://trello.com/c/oS8MWJX9/73-build-interface-improvement

1 - There any way to protect the zones that i take? Ex. the bases, towns or factory?  I mean Build some static weapons with IA like i can do in the FOBs?

2 - When i build the FOBs i see that i can´t place static weapons over objects so all the defenses i have to put in the ground.  The walls and barriers are very high and block all static weapons.  You can make a system where you can change the height of the objects and put them over others objects like Guard Post, Bunkers, etc.?

3 - I see that the mission have a savemode to allow to continue the mission in other moment.  But when i load it again all the IA in the defences (Static Weapons) are gone.  There an option to fill all defences again with IA?

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you can understand my questions.

1- At the moment all you can do is put AI squads and vehicles on defense, but nothing static unless you repack it yourself and move the bags around. That sounds like a great additional role for the Bobcat though, using it to reinforce areas. Noted here: https://trello.com/c/Uj6MR0XH/74-bobcat-role-expansion

2- I have to be very careful with the building scripts, otherwise objects can easily clip and explode. However I could add an "unsafe mode" that disables physx simulation and allows every object to clip, along with hotkeys to raise and lower objects such as pg up / pg down. That should fit your purpose, but that might cause a whole lot of issues that I can't be held responsible for :D

I can't make it a priority right now, but noted anyways: https://trello.com/c/14Fl4HxR/75-better-placement-of-static-defense

You can however use the concrete barrier (not the wall), the raised weapons will be able to fire over it ;)

3- Good catch, noted: https://trello.com/c/Qmb7J5wP/76-static-defense-crewmen-not-saved

Your english is perfect ;)

To disable Fatigue on our dedicated MP server I added very easy code into the init.sqf file:

// Disable Fatigue Code //
if (local player) then {

player enableFatigue false;

player addEventhandler ["Respawn", {player enableFatigue false}];

};

works like a charm, this may help other server owners.

Question regarding the "Alert %" lastnight we took over 2 radio towers and a single town, when we left the server it was at about 13% when I logged on this morning it was at 100% is this a time based script, I just thought it would go up as we took over more territory.

Thanks again, so far it has been a blast playing.

Ha yes, I will make it a mission option though, because others might want it, plus that way you won't have to change it again after every single release :)

The only way to make the combat readiness go all the way up to 100% is to go near one of the large towns. Did you do that? :D

Maybe it would be useful to get a notification about that

Edit: now I've given it some thought, much better this way: https://trello.com/c/P5sgNew9/77-combat-readiness-increase-due-to-attacking-a-large-town

Wow, 9 nearby objects with nothing visible on your screen that's... impressive :D

What mods are you running, if any?

The error spamming your rpt every second is something else, and fixed in 0.85 already ;)

Ok disabled all mods and tried again, it worked.  Not sure right now which one was incompatable, but that fixed it, thanks.

Glad to know that! :)

However I'd still like to know what mods you disabled to make it work. There's already a filter for objects like rabbits and snakes, so if a mod is using invisible objects for whatever purpose, I could filter them too. Really not a hassle- as long as I know which mod causes the problem ;)

This question is just a want:

At some point was wondering if you could implement earplugs for vehicles, or whenever player would require them, the helicopters are just so load in Arma 3.

Just a request, I know you have bigger issues to tend to first.

Thanks.

Re-enabled my mods, nothing that should have changed terrain.  Now, it stopped working and continued to give that placement error.  I was able to place the FOB by entering the helicopter, it for some reason allowed me to place it in front of it directly when riding as pilot on the ground.

After that though, nothing else could be built even from inside the helicopter.  Rapid-fire object conflict errors, no 'cancel placement' option in the menu during the error spam, only rotate and grid.

Mods enabled:

Atlas LHD

ASDG_JR (joint rails)

CUP weapons pack

EricJ weapons pack

CBA A3

I don't believe any of those should be causing a conflict.  Could be something to do with the location I'm trying to place it at, is it falsely detecting shrubs as blocking perhaps?  The only time I successfully placed a FOB was when I built it at the far south-east tip of the centre island, just near Naftia Bay.  The closest land to the carrier.

My other two locations I've tried give errors for placing anything.  It takes a while to get another game loaded with another FOB, so I haven't really tested many locations.

Thanks for 0.85 update, you have been busy!!

Can't wait to try it out.

Don't know if it is only me, but I am not able to Recycle the "UGV Stomper" vehicles.

Thanks for your time.

Mods enabled:

Atlas LHD

ASDG_JR (joint rails)

CUP weapons pack

EricJ weapons pack

CBA A3

Thanks! I'm going to install those and see what happens. If there's a utility object from one of those mods causing issues I'll be able to add it to the filters, so you and everyone else will be able to play with those mods ;)

Noted here: https://trello.com/c/gHTGcRSG/81-mod-causing-build-system-failure

Don't know if it is only me, but I am not able to Recycle the "UGV Stomper" vehicles.

Thanks for your time.

Great catch! You can only recycle vehicles when they're empty, and the UAVs all have an invisible crew at all time, so I need an exception for them ;)

Noted: https://trello.com/c/PWVLJpf8/80-cannot-recycle-uavs

I've never noticed it because stompers tend to explode from IEDs before we ever get the chance to recycle them :p

I'll be away for a few days, next update will be next week