Buegeleisen

Flying Saucer (Reichsflugscheibe)

Fehlen jetzt nur noch Mondpanzer und zukunftsmäßig ausgestattete verückte Nazi Außerirdische... und Zeus Kompatiblität. Dann wird das ein noch genialerer Mod.  :D

"Just missing moon tanks and crazy nazi aliens equipped with future tech... not to mention zeus compatibility. Then this is gonna be an awesome Mod"

Love the sci-fi mods thanks for releasing this 

edit:  damnit... new forums = no more dancing banana  :angry:

• Like 1

As I opened this thread and saw the images the words "F****** Sweet!" came outta my mouth

Welll this thing is awesome!I laughed my ass off when I saw the spinning swastika fan thingys! Love the 50's engine sounds and creepy purple spotlight as well.

Hello,

thanks for all the responses!

Originally this was intended to be just a "for the lols" weekend project. But I quite like the freedom and wackiness that I have with this here. Also I welcome the positive response for something that silly in a community normally so serious. :)

So here's my plan:

• Make it work with Zeus. No excuse why it shouldn't.
  • Fix the tracer rounds of the gun to be better visible. Possibly more death-ray-ish. I have some ideas here and there.
  • Change the flight model to the floaty-spectator-camera thingy.
  • Make the second texture also available through setObjectTexture
  • Make the saucer AI attack soldiers and aircraft as well.

Then

• Proper scary aliens wearing steel helmets.
  • Maybe with funky space-guns that shoot swastikas or cans of sauerkraut.

If you have more suggestions on what to build, let me know. The wackier and weirder the better. And 50s space is my goal. I want this stuff to be non-serious to make up for all the bad symbols and bad taste. :)

• Like 1

A very unusual and interesting mod and probably the easiest aircraft in Arma 3 to fly I've found so far.

The automatic landing gear deployment is very good.

Thank you for all your efforts.

Hello,

thanks for all the responses!

Originally this was intended to be just a "for the lols" weekend project. But I quite like the freedom and wackiness that I have with this here. Also I welcome the positive response for something that silly in a community normally so serious. :)

So here's my plan:

• Make it work with Zeus. No excuse why it shouldn't.
  • Fix the tracer rounds of the gun to be better visible. Possibly more death-ray-ish. I have some ideas here and there.
  • Change the flight model to the floaty-spectator-camera thingy.
  • Make the second texture also available through setObjectTexture
  • Make the saucer AI attack soldiers and aircraft as well.

Then

• Proper scary aliens wearing steel helmets.
  • Maybe with funky space-guns that shoot swastikas or cans of sauerkraut.

If you have more suggestions on what to build, let me know. The wackier and weirder the better. And 50s space is my goal. I want this stuff to be non-serious to make up for all the bad symbols and bad taste. :)

Should see if you can give it the tiny UAV flight model (Quad rotor thing).. Forgot what its called. 

Hi just seen your flying saucer mod looks amazing, would this be able to run on exile server side so our admins could use this on a ww2 exile Tanoa server if so how as we really would like to include these to our server. Thanks in advance. 

I wish we could have a version of this without the Swastika, so they would allow it on the A3Launcher ^^

3 hours ago, von Winter said:

I wish we could have a version of this without the Swastika, so they would allow it on the A3Launcher ^^

Or just manually install it... its no more difficult than drag-n-drop in to the arma 3 root folder.

NM, I just realised that this is to be implemented in your own mod, not server/client side mods for players.

This thing is so cool! Only in arma3 can you fly a Nazi German flying saucer somewhere over Greece with an Iranian crew.. :-D

It did stall out quite fast which I did not expect with an anti-gravity vehicle. The German engineers need to up their game to perfect this alien technology..

@Buegeleisen

Hey dude you still around,

requesting permission to modify and upload the addon/mod for your so cool flying saucer.

i run a little epoch server and for shits n giggles changing over to Isla Abramia map with zombies and aliens (FAP Units)

So what do you say.....

cheers

natoed

2dmin.org 

@R0adki11

Yes thanks I did check and sent a PM, just covering my ass as its his mod not mine.

Before I  upload other people's  works.

works great btw

ufo pic

cheers

natoed

9 hours ago, natoed said:

@R0adki11

Yes thanks I did check and sent a PM, just covering my ass as its his mod not mine.

Before I  upload other people's  works.

works great btw

ufo pic

cheers

natoed

Well you should look at this forum rule

Posting addon/mod other content without permission:

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community. People work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. You must get permission to alter someone else's work, to mirror their work or to use it in any way other than for personal use. Without permission please do not edit, mirror, add to your mod pack or edit and share around your private squad.

Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behavior comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s).

@R0adki11

NP I'm just using the mod server side now for static prop's as I doubt I'll hear from  @Buegeleisen anytime soon.

Its a shame an abandoned/inactive members mod can not be picked up by others, but I'm sure BI forum has been here before and it didn't end well, which is why the below is needed

Posting addon/mod other content without permission:

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community. People work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. You must get permission to alter someone else's work, to mirror their work or to use it in any way other than for personal use. Without permission please do not edit, mirror, add to your mod pack or edit and share around your private squad.

Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behavior comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s).

cheers

natoed