Hey there!

In the last couple of months/weeks, I started to became more and more interested in the content-creation part of ArmA 3. I wanted to share the results, but wasn't able to achieve a really high amount of subs yet. This leads to little to no feedback at all.

That's why I present my scenario in this topic. It's a 10 players PvP map settled around the village of Girna on Stratis. A team wins if it reaches the enemy flag and holds it down for 10 seconds. It features mainly close and medium ranged engagements on a pretty small map. While most of the engagements will be infantry vs infantry, it also features a small amount of vehicles in the team spawns and the middle of the map alike. Both teams have a variety of weapons and attachments to pick from, but limited amounts punish the wasting of ressources. Other objectives, like additional weapons or ammunition in the middle of the map, the ability to capture a mortar for fire support or an armed boat can be secondary targets to get an advantage over your enemy.

The main difference between this and most other missions is the decent performance of this map, caused by the scale and the overall heaviness of the scripts. I always had the feeling that this game kind of lacks maps you could just "play with a few friends", without having to deal with FPS-problems, though I'm not quite sure if this even fits into what ArmA-players want to do with this game

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=476370115

If more people are interested, I'm thinking about renting a server and putting this map on it, just to see how it works out. Feedback of any kind is highly appreciated. Thank you for reading this and eventually try out the mission :)

Okay guys, I was able to set up a server! If you want to test the map, connect to battleofgirna.gs.ngz.net I'm reaching around 80 FPS, so the performance should be great.