Hey Sorken, we have the the S&B MSR on the released version. It is still SFP but on the next release it will be FFP. in fact it´s done already. We are just waiting for the 3D scope model to be ready.

Attention everyone:

Hi Dagger, i really love your A3 scopes like emoticon it's working awesome with ACE3 (especially the turret adjustment)

Unfortunately, some Miliradian ballistics reticles (like H37 & H59) are a little bit off. I always use them to hold for the bullet drop & windage (i never dial while using ballistics reticle)....too bad they ain't too spot on

For ex: when i hold 10 Mils, it's not exactly 10 Mils but more like 9.5 Mils so my shot is 0.5 Mils low :(

Have you calibrated them right? I wish it could be really spot on like the RHS H58 reticle...when i hold 10 Mils, it's really 10 Mils....

Your scope is only spot on when i dial. I don't wanna dial while using ballistics reticles coz the reticles become useless then :'(

All of you with the same problem, have you adjusted the configs to:

fovTop=0.81;
fovLeft=1.45;

???????????

It is very very very important that you all do that.

Please, go to:

C:\Users\Dagger\Documents\Arma 3\Dagger.Arma3Profile

and check that you are using:

fovTop = 0.89;    // if your screen resolution is 16:10

fovLeft = 1.43;    // if your screen resolution is 16:10

fovTop = 0.81;    // if your screen resolution is 16:9

fovLeft = 1.45;    // if your screen resolution is 16:9

fovTop = 1.10;    // if your screen resolution is 5:4

fovLeft = 1.38;    // if your screen resolution is 5:4

fovTop = 1.04;    // if your screen resolution is 4:3

fovLeft = 1.39;    // if your screen resolution is 4:3

If you don´t fix fovTop and fovLeft your scopes will not work right.

I´ll be awaiting your comments!

Good testing!

Why not use default FOVs for the mod instead?

Because default fov makes the scope inner circle be an ellipse instead of a perfect circle. It causes errors in horizontal or vertical or both readings. And, if the game screen be not re-scaled to match the scope´s 3D model, which is of fixed size, at its memory point, you will miss your range estimations because the game´s objects (vehicles, men, etc) will appear to you as being distorted, I mean their sizes will have to be considered different for each player, which is annoying.

And finally, because BI´s default horizontal fov is 70 degrees, which is very unrealistic, since human horizontal view is 120 degrees fov. It means it takes 3 soldiers back to back to cover an all round defense of 360 degrees. In BI terms, it would take 6 soldiers to watch 360 degrees. As far as I know, SF guys adopt a default all round defense with 4 guys, which is 90 degrees for each one. They are redundant.

If you use my fovTop and fovLeft you will have a horizontal fov of 75 degrees (which is at least 5 soldiers, or 1 less soldier than BI). Unfortunately I can not make it wider, like 90 degrees, because soldiers would appear to you as being 1.45 meters tall.

Please check that:

fov.jpg

The formulas:

The 75 degrees fov =  75 * 0,017453 = 1,31 radians

The programmer guys say that:

1) fovTop = 2 * atan * [ tan(1,31 radians / 2) * your screen vertical aspect / your screen horizontal aspect ]

2) fovLeft = fovTop * your screen horizontal aspect / your screen vertical aspect

Wow this could be the source of the issue....

I haven't adjusted the fovTop and the fovLeft to 0.81 & 1.45.....

My aspect ratio is 16:9

How do i change the fovTop and the fovLeft? :\

Could you give more details on this?

Will changing the fovTop and fovLeft affect the game and other mods (especially the ACE3)?

It won't disrupt ACE3 trajectory and ballistics, will it? :\

Wow this could be the source of the issue....

I haven't adjusted the fovTop and the fovLeft to 0.81 & 1.45.....

My aspect ratio is 16:9

How do i change the fovTop and the fovLeft? :\

Could you give more details on this?

Will changing the fovTop and fovLeft affect the game and other mods (especially the ACE3)?

http://bfy.tw/2Okt

• Like 1

How do i change the fovTop and the fovLeft?

in

C:\Users\Dagger\Documents\Arma 3\Dagger.Arma3Profile

Replace Dagger with your user name.

No, everything will work right.

I don´t hear from my beta testers from weeks...

It seems they are really enjoying the new version :D

So, I´ll release the latest version of the mod and let the fixes be made on the run!

Good gaming boys :D

Just wait for the news on Armaholic!

Updated mod v3.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey QuickDagger , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

• Like 1

Hey Spotter,

Yes, 300 m.

But be careful. Because they are zeroed in the configs as being 300 m it does not mean they will be exactly 300 m in game. Remember each weapon has different memory points, which means each one has different sight heights, which means each one will have different zero distances.

I can only hope they be about 300 m in game.

Hey Spotter,

I've found a way to zero your scope which just matches real life. It's a common feature from ACE and I've been missing it.

1) I just go shooting on the desired zero range and make ACE turret evelation and windage adjustments until I feel it is properly zeroed.

2) Then, I go to ACE self interaction menu and select the option to set zero. It will zero the numbers on your turret icon and it will retain the zero.

3) But be advised, you will have to re-zero on every mission, which is why you should memorize your zero dopes.

4) And notice I never use the BI defaults (pg up, pg down).

Hope it helps all the long range shooting community out there! :)

• Like 1

Hey man thanks for the hint!

The reason i asked you about the zero range is that your zero of 300m isn't compatible with ACE rangecards cause they're calibrated for 100m zero.

I even unpboed your mod and messed with some values (i tried to set your zeros at 100m) but i'm a noob for that and when i pboed it again the scopes didn't show up in game :unsure:

So i just gave up and reverted to original at 300m. Any chance you make a version with 100m zero range? :ph34r:

Hey Spotter,

I've found a way to zero your scope which just matches real life. It's a common feature from ACE and I've been missing it.

1) I just go shooting on the desired zero range and make ACE turret evelation and windage adjustments until I feel it is properly zeroed.

2) Then, I go to ACE self interaction menu and select the option to set zero. It will zero the numbers on your turret icon and it will retain the zero.

3) But be advised, you will have to re-zero on every mission, which is why you should memorize your zero dopes.

4) And notice I never use the BI defaults (pg up, pg down).

Hope it helps all the long range shooting community out there! :)

Keep in mind dopes will be different for most shooting scenarios, especially if things like temperature or air density change.

@up

You still have to zero in your vanilla scopes, because the "100m" zero is inaccurate for most weapon and ammo settings. Don't trust BIS zeroing, it doesn't really work when advanced ballistics are involved. Sure it will be around 100m, but it will not be 100m exactly. It can and will lead to quite tremendous mistakes over range.

• Like 1

I´ll try to remember to set the new BI´s zero to "around" 100 m, no problem. It might take a while because my cpu got busted.

Just some more words on the matter...

300m should be better for military operations because it is the PBR - Point Blank Range. It means you will always hit a 30 cm (~10") target no matter what the distance is, from 0 to even more than 300 m, and no matter where you aim (it must be at least on the 10" target). If you zero at 100 m you will not be able to benefit from the PBR.

The reason why most shooters zero at 100m is due to other factors, like a lower influence of wind, even knowing it might not be for the best for military use, but in the end of the day, it is the mission narure which dictates the best zero.

For example, it is no problem if law enforcement snipers are spotted, because it is less likely they will be shot by someone with a pistol, while military snipers will be shot for sure by everyone with rifles. And there is no reason for LE personnel not to make use of the best concealment possible. LE snipers shoot from less than 300m, mainly 100m, so their zero tend to be 100m, even 50m, Always the mission dictates which one. Military snipers operating in cities might also use the 100 m zero. Long range snipers might even zero at 700m, wonder why?

• Like 2

Sure your reasoning is correct. You're calling it PBR though i relate it with Danger Space. It works for ~300m cause the trajectory is generally flat, however, it's highly dependant on caliber being used. But i agree that for military application 300m is much better solution. I guess the ACE3 team should recalibrate their cards for 300m instead :D

But i doubt they're gonna do it, so...

I think this discussion about zero is important because we are always looking for precision improvements, and precision starts at a perfect zero distance, which starts at knowing your sight height. But, do you know for sure your sight height? What value do you enter in your Atrag? Do you really believe your zero distance is what it says?

And ACE 3 brings many new ammo in many calibers (.308 Winchester, .223 Remington, 30-06 Springfield, 6.5x47 Lapua, 6.5x47 Creedmoor, 7mm Remington Magnum, .243 Winchester, .300 Win Mag, .303 Enfield, 9.3x64 Brenneke, .338 Lapua Magnum, .338 Norma Magnum and 7.62x39), why don´t we have weapons to shoot them all?

That´s why we need Dagger Weapons (and I´m not being off topic):

wood.jpg
black.jpg

Stay tuned :) !

• Like 2

I would like to say thank you for these beautiful scopes - they are definitely the best! I spent whole day testing different scope addons yesterday. When we'll be able to try out your ARMA 3 rifles? Thanks.

• Like 1

Hey Cortez,

Thank you :)

I will probably release it soon. Possibly until the end of January.

The rifles and the ballistics are ready, in many calibers, and many paintings. Recently Digao.pf has made this nice logo for me and now Multplanet is helping me to fine tune the bolt animations and hand animations. By the way, Massi has also helped me by providing the iron sights.

Thank you all guys.

I am also studying the possibility to add camo nets as if they were rifle attachments.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Sort of off topic, but I was testing one of your rifles (.338 DW) on the hills outside Girna and two Russians walked right into my little clearing. I went prone and remained still, and after a moment, one of them looked directly at me and froze. Then his buddy looked directly at him. Then I shot both of them.

Arma 3 is intense sometimes. Also, wonderful rifles.

• Like 1

Thank you guys!

Now I´m working on the next release of Dagger Scopes, I aim to zero the scopes at around 100 m, so that they work with ACE rangecards.

• Like 1

Hello  there!

Some people ask me to set zeroes at 100m, some other people ask me to set at 300m. I want everyone happy so I´ve decided to make some more tests with zero distance with and without ACE advanced ballistics module. And I hope these tests can help those in doubt.

Test 1

1.1) When you are not using the ACE advanced ballistics module in your mission (the rangecard appears with only one drop column) the informed drop values do not match the adjustments made when firing at range.

1.2) When you use the ACE advanced ballistics module (the rangecard appears with all the drop columns) the rangecard drop values have minor differences in relation to range firing tests.

1.3) When you use the ACE advanced ballistics module (the rangecard appears with all the drop columns) the Atrag drop values are very close to the range firing tests.

Conclusion 1

When using the ACE advanced ballistics module it is better to use the Atrag and when not using it, it is better to go to the range, fire, and write your own dopes on a sheet of paper.

Test 2

In both cases, no matter if are using the ACE advanced ballistics module or not, using the .308 cal.

2.1) When you zero at 100m you miss some shots at enemies closing in at 400m. In this case, at 400m, POI is low around 2MIL = ~80cm = ~half body. Remember, they are coming for you, you have to kill them fast, they will start shooting you at 400m.

2.2) When you zero at 300m (PBR) you miss few shots at enemies closing in at 400m. In this case, at 400m, POI is low around 0.8MIL = ~30cm = ~half chest. Remember, they are coming for you, you have to kill them fast, they will start shooting at you at 400m.

Conclusion 2

When zeroing at 100 you can only aim center chest up to 300m while, when zeroing at 300m you can aim center chest at up to 400m. Because of the possibility to land more shots in less time at up to 400m, zeroing at 300m should be the option when denying movement to enemy infantry.

General Conclusion

Since you can not fully trust your rangecard, its zero distance does not matter. For maximum precision you should make your own dope on a sheet of paper and, in this case, it doesn´t matter your zero distance.

Zero distance matters when you are compromised and need to hit targets as fast as possible. The zero distance which allows for higher accuracy is 300m.

Dagger´s Solution to the Problem

On my next release, I´ll allow for 10m steps in zero range, boundaries going from 50m to 500m. This way there will be a precise zero range for each weapon, each scope, and each ammo. But the players will have to choose which adjustment fits them best.

Hope it helps :)

• Like 2