The stadia lines in the H59 were wrong. Fixed!

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

quickdagger,

great job on these scopes. I didn't know what I was missing. This clearly makes the Marksman piece of the game shine. Since the latest update I now get a missing ace_common pbo error when I load Arma 3 or try to load a saved game. Is ACE 3 a dependency now?

Answered my own question. Its on first post. I guess its always been... :)

• Like 1

I can't even imagine what it's like across the pond though.

Don't know about the rest of the continent, but in my place, if you only think about having anything other than a 9mm handgun you'll have all the government services at your neck cause they'll think you wanna start a war or something. As always, that doesn't stop the criminals to obtain whatever firearm they want. 

And frankly, i don't even want to have a personal weapon. It's just pity we don't have a shooting range where you could rent a rifle, shoot targets and leave it when you finish. 

Someone has asked me via PM an interesting question and I´ll make public my reply, so that others can benefit from that too.

It was something like: why your Rapid reticle is a bit off?

I`ve answered that it might be because of the sight height. The reticle was made for a given unknown weapon (the 3D models are binarized and I can´t measure their sigh height) and, when you use the scope on a different weapon the sight height will be different because it is measured in relation to each weapon´s barrel position. So, different barrel position = different sight height.

Even more than different sight heights, the weapons also have different barrel lengths ( = different muzzle speeds), and with ACE3 advanced ballistics, if you are shooting in different heights, humidities and temperatures the POI will be off too. So, the conclusion is: BDC´s are limited because they don´t consider all those aspects.

And another very explanatory question: Why can´t I zero by distance, just like BI´s default?

You can see in the configs that BI´s default is a discrete distance zero. It means you zero for 100, 200, 300, etc. The problem is, when it says 100m it is not 100m but 148, or 97, or 115, etc. So, I´ve fixed a given distance and let zeroing for ACE.

ACE overrides the discrete distance steps and replaces it with MIL´s for everyone.

• Like 1

I`ve answered that it might be because of the sight height. The reticle was made for a given unknown weapon (the 3D models are binarized and I can´t measure their sigh height) and, when you use the scope on a different weapon the sight height will be different because it is measured in relation to each weapon´s barrel position. So, different barrel position = different sight height.

Even more than different sight heights, the weapons also have different barrel lengths ( = different muzzle speeds), and with ACE3 advanced ballistics, if you are shooting in different heights, humidities and temperatures the POI will be off too. So, the conclusion is: BDC´s are limited because they don´t consider all those aspects.

Adding to that list BDC limitations, they are typically designed at an average density altitude, so as soon as you operate on the lower or higher end of the envelope you'll get greater separation, especially at longer ranges. There are ways to calibrate/true even a BDC reticle, but you'll have to use mobile ballistic apps, I like Strelok Pro, as it has quite an extensive list of reticles.

I'm not familiar with the Rapid reticle, otherwise, I'd use it as the example, but here's an Trijicon ACOG, TA11E:

Trijicon-FAQ-Chevron-Bullet-Drop-Chart.g

Just plug in your atmospherics, gun data and the mobile app can calibrate your reticle to the current conditions.

Screenshot_2014-10-30-19-44-21.png?resiz

I'm using this screenshot above as an example, but on mine, when I swap the H59 for an ACOG TA11E, to get the following calibration:

Tip of the Chevron, 100 yds (0 Mils)

Bottom of Chevron, 277 yds (1.3 Mils)

#4 (First Subtension), 393 yds(2.4 Mils)

Second Subtension, 528 yds (3.9 Mils)

#6, (Third Subtension), 661 yds (5.7 Mils)

Fourth Subtension, 808 yds (8.0 Mils)

Last Subtension, 965 yds (10.9 Mils)

Hope that helps, definitely be interesting to see if the calibration works in ACE3 for BDC reticles.

• Like 1

Very nice Merciless, thanks for adding those. :)

You remind me of an old ballistics comparison I´ve made back in Arma 2 which I share here.

Slide66.jpg

Slide64.jpg

Slide70.jpg

Slide68.jpg

Slide72.jpg

Slide76.jpg

Yes, you can play the game using your cell phone :)

Slide75.jpg

Slide74.jpg

Slide78.jpg

Slide77.jpg

Slide79.jpg

Slide80.jpg

Slide81.jpg

So, even correcting the BDC´s by a software one can expect different firing solutions.

Guest hellghost

Hi,

Don't really know if it's a concept, a problem, or anything normal or not, but for me, it's not normal, that concern ACE, not DaggerScopes.

For example, at a certain distance, the Range Tables from ACE is accurate.

At 100/500 meters.

But above... For example, to hit a target at 684 meters, I must adjust the value corresponding to 700/750 meters on the ACE Range Table.

That concern every scopes.

So, for the future Ballistic System, maybe it needs an adjustement and some corrections from ACE Team ?

ACE is right.

The range tables in ACE were made for the average size barrel. If you are using a shorter barrel your POI will be low, and if you are using a longer barrel you will hit higher. All because muzzle speed is higher in longer barrel rifles.

You need to make your own dope, specific for your system, just like the old story in Arma 2.

Have you input all data correctly into AtragMX?

could you please link me some learning references on how to calculate firing solutions and how to apply those calculations? I feel like I am missing out on some very efficient and very cool features of this mod that could help me achieve 1shot-1kill gameplay. Thanks dagger!

Guest hellghost

Hi,

I don't use ATragMX, just the Range Table.

I always use basic weapons.

Even with the ACE ammunitions, there is always a huge space between the Range Table and the situation only for longe range shots.

So, If I take the Long Barrel object, and use it, I should have a better precision ?

I always think that's just an object for machinegun, for being able to change the barrel if needed, not for the long range rifles that already own a long barrel.

Ah, and a question for anybody here : With the base weapons Mk14 EBR, or more exactly, the M14 EBR from BI, I see actually that the rifle is available in Virtual Arsenal and in boxes, but I can't use it, just like I don't have any weapon in hands, like if this weapon is broken.

Here is the classname : srifle_EBR_F

Someone else have this issue ?

EDIT : That's what I think, it's another barrel for changing, not a longest one.

For being honest, the ATragMX is a little too complicated. There is a lot of instruments that we must use together but they never give the values in the same scale unit.

It's a big mess for those who try to make the things without any knowledges.

So, I let the basic system.

And I always use long barrel rifles for precision shoothing.

I keep the normal and short barrels for common engagements.

All right,

For you guys on the pursuit of knowledge:

:)

Ladies and Gentleman,

I am honoured to inform that we have a new member on the team.

Say hello to Thom! :D

And he is building new 3D models which will add to the pack. Once we release his goodies Dagger Scopes will become Thom & Dagger Scopes.

I know some WIP pics will ensure you a better understanding... :D

S&B 3-12x50 PM II/ LP/MTC

S_B.jpg
S_B_2.jpg

US Optics ER25 5-25x

USO_1.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Dagger, i really love your A3 scopes like emoticon it's working awesome with ACE3 (especially the turret adjustment)

Unfortunately, some Miliradian ballistics reticles (like H37 & H59) are a little bit off. I always use them to hold for the bullet drop & windage (i never dial while using ballistics reticle)....too bad they ain't too spot on

For ex: when i hold 10 Mils, it's not exactly 10 Mils but more like 9.5 Mils so my shot is 0.5 Mils low :(

Have you calibrated them right? I wish it could be really spot on like the RHS H58 reticle...when i hold 10 Mils, it's really 10 Mils....

Your scope is only spot on when i dial. I don't wanna dial while using ballistics reticles coz the reticles become useless then :'(

• Like 1

Hahahah Hey dude,

Tks for posting here :)

I suppose it has something to do with zoom power.

All scopes came from A2 where holds were all right. I have not changed the dots. So, the solution might be to find the exact zoom power which matches the MIL dots.

I´ll do that on the next release.

Do you wanna be a beta tester for this fix? I can send you some files prior to the release.

Thank you man.

• Like 1

Hahahah Hey dude,

Tks for posting here :)

I suppose it has something to do with zoom power.

All scopes came from A2 where holds were all right. I have not changed the dots. So, the solution might be to find the exact zoom power which matches the MIL dots.

I´ll do that on the next release.

Do you wanna be a beta tester for this fix? I can send you some files prior to the release.

Thank you man.

Sure bro! i'd really love to be the beta tester for the fix :D

Just send it to me through this site or through my facebook ;)

Looking forward to the perfect H37 ;)

Thanks in advance....

Hi, this a great mod! :P

Can i ask you about what do you think to collaborate with the ACE3 team who have a "Advance Ballistic" module? Maybe it could be interesting for the community to have all in one pack for advanced and realistic Ballistic with scopes? :rolleyes:

StTosin and I were playing some MP with Dagger scopes the other day... i love the thumbprint on the lens ;)

Nice you like the scopes guys!

There are more coming on the next release.

Someone told me:

it's the H37, it's still a lil bit off even at full zoom power Emoticon frown My shot is always lil bit low when holding with H37. The offset is probably only about 3-5 Mils though but it gets worse as the range increase (at 100 m, 3 Mils = 30 cm.....but at 1000 m, 3 mils = 3 m) Emoticon frown Worth noting that I usually zero it at 100 m (using ACE3 scope adjusment, i dial down & set new zero adjustment).

Hey dude, have you tried the same experiment with and without advanced ballistics? I mean, using ACE only?

I wonder whether advanced ballistics uses USMC mils (circle with 6283 mils) or NATO mils (circle with 6400 mils). Because we might be talking about a double sided problem here. :o

Nice you like the scopes guys!

There are more coming on the next release.

Someone told me:

Hey dude, have you tried the same experiment with and without advanced ballistics? I mean, using ACE only?

I wonder whether advanced ballistics uses USMC mils (circle with 6283 mils) or NATO mils (circle with 6400 mils). Because we might be talking about a double sided problem here. :o

I'm running your scope in 1920x1080p with 16:9 aspect ratio. I always run ACE3 (and its Advanced Ballistics within it). I think ACE3 AB uses USMC Miliradian coz i always use my real Ballistics Solvers (which use USMC Miliradian) to produce firing solution for ACE3 AB, and they match ACE3 AB really well (when dialing the scope). But when holding with your reticle, the shot is lil bit off. Does your mod utilize Nato Miliradian??

The RHS Leupold Mark 4 M5 scope (with H58 reticle) used to have the same problem as your scope but people requested the author to calibrate it so it could work with ACE3 AB. After the calibration, the H58 became flawless & spot on. Now we can use the H58 to hold for the Elevation & Windage at any range and with any loadout :) I'd really love to see it happening to your scope too coz your H37 offers more holds than their H58.

Whenever you got the time to release the Beta/Fix, just contact me :) i'd really love to be the tester.

[OFFTOPIC] FYI I also always run Ruthberg's "Sandbox Mission" which allows the player to modify all the parameters of the loadout (Bullet & Rifle). With his "Sandbox Mission", we can simulate ANY loadout we want by changing bullet caliber, bullet length, bullet mass, ballistic coefficients, drag model, barrel length, barrel twist, muzzle velocity, and muzzle velocity shift (due to temperature change) ANY way we like  \m/ ^_^ \m/

If you interested in giving it a try, just download it here:

Ruthberg's Sandbox mission: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0y0c1xlj7er4fx/ACE_Sandbox.clafghan.rar?dl=0

How to install the Sandbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t92ip4uj3mxocs2/Sandbox%20Install%20Tutorial.txt?dl=0

How to run the Sandbox & loadout modification: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg6cuddf72xmdsx/10%20Commandments%20of%20LRPS.docx?dl=0

How to create your own Sandbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/chk806yaj4a2sqw/Creating%20Your%20own%20Sandbox%20on%20Any%20Map.txt?dl=0

Awesome, can't wait for the S&B, any chance of getting it with the MSR? And preferably with FFP instead of SFP?

x5 x25