And we have a new release of Dagger Scopes.

Just wait a bit until the Armaholic admins upload the files.

Have a good one!

• Like 2

Yep...

On first post!

Arkhir, please, just wait a bit until Foxhound uploads the version 2 on Armaholic.

My second shot was pretty close but I didn't see it until  I watched the vid so it took 2 more to range the holdover in.

• Like 1

Too bad long range shooting is a perishable skill, you need to keep training not to loose it, and train even more, just to keep consistent :)

Guest hellghost

Hey QuickDagger,

I'm fine.

No problem ! Just let me know if you want that I can search to see if I can apply your scopes to base weapons !

I'll keep an eye on this mod !

Someone has asked in the PM:

One little question about the zero - is every scope going to be zeroed at 300m?

ACE uses 100m zero, I have to twist it down or use 300m zero input in ATragMX in order to hit.

None of the above.

The configs say the zero distance is 300m but if you go to the range and shoot, you will find it is something other than 300, like 345 or 287, or 312 or etc. So, don´t trust what the configs say. The lesson is: You must know your zero by try and mistake, and it changes from system to system (system = weapon + scope + ammo) because each system has a different barrel lenght, muzzle speed, sight height, bullet drop, etc.

Once you know your real in game zero, only then you must insert this distance in your AtragMX.

And, I´ve used the 300m zero in the configs because 300 m is the military zero = far zero = battle sight zero = PBR - Point Blank Range for the 5.56 and 7.62x51 calibers. You will have to figure out what that means.

Cheers!

It's me who PMed him. Yeah I'm aware of this issue, that's what contributes to the mistake over range, to be honest though on 100m this error isn't as big as on 300m.

Usually, what I do is I zero on a flat plane with a target that's 100m away, setting my scope like that and then changing the zero with ACE options (self interaction -> equipement -> set zero adjustment), then I'm sure I'm zeroed in on given range, no matter what config or HUD says.

• Like 1

Very kind arkhir!

So, adding to the pool of ideas, there is even another zero type, which is more accurate.  It should be half the average distance you most commonly shoot, in order minimize the accumulated error. This way you should have only half error below your zero distance and half error above your zero distance.

To be absolutely math right it is a bit farther than midle because bullet drop is exponential :)

quickdagger, thanks for incorporating these add-on reticles!

I especially like the addition of the Christmas tree reticles, like the Horus H59, as I just got into recreational precision shooting this past year, and it's the same reticle I selected when I was in the market looking for a FFP scope with mil turrets. 

So, adding to the pool of ideas, there is even another zero type, which is more accurate.  It should be half the average distance you most commonly shoot, in order minimize the accumulated error. This way you should have only half error below your zero distance and half error above your zero distance.

There are many schools of thought on the optimum zero, BZOs at 25/300 m, 50/200 m, zeroing for maximum point blank range, but most of the instructors whom I've had the opporunity to take carbine and precision rifle classes with subscribe to "big boy rules" - in short, the best zero is the one which you know what your hold overs or unders are. 

I typically zero at 100 yards. I know, I know, I should switch to meters to make the math easier with milliradian based system, but majority shooters state side use the imperial based system (inches, yards, MOA adjustments, which I hate spotting for, as I have to convert milliradians into MOA, and by that time I compute a shooting solution, the wind has changed, forcing me to make another call and convert, even worst when calling shots for a shooter which isn't true MOA and are actually IPHY adjustments, but I digress), and most local rifle ranges out here only go out to typically 100 yards (91.44 m) max, though there are some 1,000 yard and even a 1,400 yard range a few hours away. Anyway, I know that with a 100 yard zero, dialing on elevation knob will always be up, to move the strike of the bullet up, or holding over the target, which simplifies the process in my opinion. 

Whereas if I were to zero at an average of my effective engagement range, say before subsonic flight, for 500 yards, I'd have to hold under the target for any engagements below 500. For example with a 500 yard zero, on an 18" 7.62 OBR [MV = 2537 fps, 175 SMK (G1 BC = 0.495), T=72 F, Baro = 28.6 in Hg], I'd be 3.6 mils high at 100 yards, 3.0 mils high at 200, 2.1 at 300, 1.1 mils at 400, and then zero at 500, after that I'll be striking low, 1.2-600, 2.7-700, 4.2-800, 6.0-900, and 8.1-1000. There are a couple of shootings drills that stress the shooter, like the 500 m, hold over and under drills, forcing the shooter to zero at 500 m, then using a dope sheet for 100 m zero, do math to find the proper hold at known distances to a variety of targets. But other than just a stress drill, in actual practice, for rapid engagements at varying known or unknown distances, I'd run my base line zero and do hold overs and won't dial. With a 100 yard zero, makes the count down the delignated reticle easier, all in one direction, especially with a H59 as you can't hold under but only 1 mil, but it's definitely user preference. I know some folks I've competed with that don't use mil-dot reticles, or Christmas tree reticles/Horus, use just a standard duplex, and will dial for every target and even for wind. I seldom dial for wind, generally hold for windage, but I do dial for elevation, even with a Horus reticle, to gather DOPE at 100 yard increments, or if I'm shooting long range, dial 10 and hold 10 for a shot at 1,300 yards for example, as I find going back on the power ring to find the 20 mil line makes a 12" plate ridiculously small and difficult to center while holding a wind call.

Usually, what I do is I zero on a flat plane with a target that's 100m away, setting my scope like that and then changing the zero with ACE options (self interaction -> equipement -> set zero adjustment), then I'm sure I'm zeroed in on given range, no matter what config or HUD says.

Arkhir process translates pretty spot on in the real-world too, though you don't have to do it at 100 meters, you can do it at any known distance or even known inclines, as long as you can accurately measure the distance or inclination angle. Also important you have a good true ballistic algorithm/solution, known true MV, BC, or drag profile, before hand too.

It's essentially a broken scope drill, where say under stress you're dialing, and lost count on how many mils you've dialed, and unfortunately aren't running a scope with a zero stop, where you can simply dial back to your mechanical stop/hard zero on the turret, and count your way back up. To rezero, simply find a target, lase it, know the exact distance to the target, (no milling to eliminate range est errors), shoot, and adjust the turret til your zeroed at that distance. Now go back into your ballistic software, and reset your zero distance to the target you just shot at, and now you can re-confirm your original zero based on the delta shown in the ballistic solver to your newly zero distance.

For example, running a broke scope drill with the same 18" OBR from above (ammo and atmospherics), I re-zero the gun on an arbitrary target at 486 yards. Once I've confirmed hits at 486 yards, in the ballistic software, I reset my zero distance, in this example at 486 yards, then look at the table for the hold I have for 100 yards. In this case, it reads -3.4 mils, I then simply dial down 3.4 mils on my turret, and I now have reacquired my 100 yard zero once again. At this point, I remove the scope caps and reset the turrets to zero, and engage the zero stop if there is one. Not sure how that translates in ACE3, as I haven't installed ACE3 yet, didn't even know it was released or even has the functionality of simulating scope turret angular adjustments, opposed to just page up and down to set the zero distance!

It's amazing and I'm impressed with what you devs continued to put out, keep up the good work!
  • Like 2

^^wow, nice read! :)

Are you talking about LaRue OBR? That's some awesome military grade firearm. Didn't know the civilians have access to such weapons. Here in Europe i can't find a decent shooting range (at least in my country).

The obr is available for civilian sales... pita to get into Canada.

precision rifle classes with subscribe to "big boy rules" - in short, the best zero is the one which you know what your hold overs or unders are

This ^^

Whether mrad or mils.... the holdover are useless if you can't compute things quickly. Most experienced shooters tend to stay with what they know

We need a tremor 2 reticle as well quick dagger; )

hahahahahahah the Tremor hahahaha

I´ll see what I can do for you sir. BTW do you happen to know why Night Force has discontinued the Tremor2?

Tks for the words merciless,

The problem with zeros is that common folks don´t know the difference between sports, law enforcement and military sniping. LE zeroes in 50 or 100 m because they (almost) never shoot beyond 100m, and sportsmen zero at 100 to 200 m because that´s the more usual length of the ranges, indeed they tend to use one zero for each shooting range. But, Arma 3 is a mil sim, and one must not mix the concepts. You have to engage targets from very close to very far, if you zero too short you will lack turret for long distances and, if you zero too far, you will lack xmass tree above the horizon in the short range.

As the old man says ... one mission, one rifle.

NF 8-32x56 NXS doesn't work properly. It has only one zoom level, and i'd say it's the lower one.

NF ATACR 5-25 also has only one zoom level.

Spotter, you must be using the scopes with clip-on sights, the ones that reads like bla bla + AN/PAS13 or + AN/PVS29. Their zoom power is limited by their clip-on sights.

the NXS is limited at 8x for NV and thermal and the ATACR is limited at 5x because I have not made the 10x yet.

As I said, it is an enormous work to make all scopes FFP, so I´ve made just a few, so that you can have a taste.

If you use the versions without clip-on sights you will see the full zoom power.

Thanks for explaining i didn't realize that. Don't worry i didn't mean to rush you or anything, just thought it was a bug or something.

And, I´ve used the 300m zero in the configs because 300 m is the military zero = far zero = battle sight zero = PBR - Point Blank Range for the 5.56 and 7.62x51 calibers. You will have to figure out what that means.

Cheers!

That's great that it's the PBR, but that doesn't mean that's what it's actually zero'ed to.  Most optics are zeroed to 100m and then you spin the turrets to whatever PBR you want to use.  And many rifles are zeroed for 300m, but shot at 25m or 36yards.  At the end of the day, given your average shooter, for scopes that have adjustable turrets (instead of BDCs or red dots), zeroing at 100m is the "easiest" way to set the zero without chasing it and then letting the user set their PBR.  Add in the logistics of getting access to a range that's longer than 100-200m (even in the military), and it makes it even harder.

Personally, I zero for 100m and capture my DOPE.  Setting PBR from there is easy and consistent.

Are you talking about LaRue OBR? That's some awesome military grade firearm. Didn't know the civilians have access to such weapons. Here in Europe i can't find a decent shooting range (at least in my country).

The obr is available for civilian sales... pita to get into Canada.

Yes, "made dead-center of Texas".  ;)

Generally speaking yes, most firearms can be legally purchased, although certain States have an AWB (Assault Weapons Ban) which restricts ownership if you reside in that State, and certain categories of are considered Title II "weapons", which are further restricted and controlled items, machine guns, short barrels, and destructive devices that fall under the NFA of 1934.

I've heard in Europe suppressors aren't as regulated or controlled, and considered common courtesy to have one, to protect the hearing of others around you, and that you can purchase them straight over the counter. If so, the process State side is definitely cumbersome in comparison, required ATF paperwork is relatively easy, but wait time for the paid tax stamp is ridiculous on something that is essentially a glorified muffler. Some folks have jokingly submitted paperwork registering a 2-litre pop bottle as a suppressor, it's would be comical if not for the hoops you have to jump through, the $200 tax and approval wait time.

Spotter, what's the restrictions like up north?

I´ll see what I can do for you sir. BTW do you happen to know why Night Force has discontinued the Tremor2?

It maybe due to the newly released Tremor 3, which debuted with NF ATACR.

It's essentially an H59 Horus with Todd Hodnett's, Accuracy 1st DG, wind TOF dots. 

etz53t.jpg

At first I didn't like the Tremor reticle either, I thought it was way too busy. Hell the Horus and other Christmas tree reticles are busy enough. I especially dislike that it's difficult to use for spotting and calling wind as you only have wind dots from the main vertical stadia lines, and harder to count for another shooter. If you never intend to dial, DMR role, it's fast, as you simply calibrate the wind dot to the ammunition your shooting, each dot corresponds roughly to a multiple of 4 mph wind for most .308s, 5 mph for 300 Win Mag.

If you use the Tremor 2 or 3, you can calibrate your wind dots using this website:

But as soon as you dial for elevation, the wind dots are no longer useful, well you could try to scale them/fraction them back by the amount dialed but, meh. Thus, from these user complaints and suggestions the Tremor 3 was born.

If I could go back, I probably would have selected the Tremor 3, but manly to get the delignated lines across the complete vertical stadia. I've used Accuracy 1st wind formula with great success engaging targets from 300 to 1,000 yards, at a staggering constant 30 mph wind. I was simply amazed at the hit percentage we were getting that day. For example, at 300 yards, my hold for a 4 mph wind starts at .3 mils, and for every 4 mph wind multiple, I multiply by the count. So at 30 mph wind, I rounded down to 28 mph to make the division by 4 mph easier, so multiple of 7. So .3 mils times 7 gives a starting hold of 2.1 mils, if I bracket the wind assume it's 32 mph, then its a next multiple of 8, and so .3 mils time 8 yields 2.4 mils. So I bracket and center my target half way between 2.1 and 2.4 mils, send it and impact! Now if I'm using a Tremor 3, as shown above, I'd simply go to my hold over for 300 yards, which is 1.5 mils down, then count the number of wind dots there are on the horizontal line, for a 30 mph wind, which is half way between multiple of 7 and 8, and place the target there. As you can see that process is somewhat faster, and that's what I'm grateful for folks like Todd Hodnett, that think outside the box, to make long range precision easier, just another tool in the tool box, definitely beats the older wind formulas.

The problem with zeros is that common folks don´t know the difference between sports, law enforcement and military sniping. LE zeroes in 50 or 100 m because they (almost) never shoot beyond 100m, and sportsmen zero at 100 to 200 m because that´s the more usual length of the ranges, indeed they tend to use one zero for each shooting range. But, Arma 3 is a mil sim, and one must not mix the concepts. 

Yes, but part of the problem is the institutional inertia, "the Core told me that's the way it's done, and it's always the way it's been done", so no one ever questions it, or pushes outside the box. But we're "big boys" and we can make our own decisions, and I think more schools and instructors should give more leeway by teaching the fundamentals, and allow us, to make our own judgement, and ultimately become better problem solvers. Yet at the opposite end of the spectrum, for the bean counters and command, I can also understand the reason for the standard, as you want to be able to pick up any standard issued rifle, without having to guess, what it is zeroed at.

You have to engage targets from very close to very far, if you zero too short you will lack turret for long distances and, if you zero too far, you will lack xmass tree above the horizon in the short range.

As the old man says ... one mission, one rifle.

Yes, this definitely was problematic early on, with scopes with limited turret adjustments. One way the industry overcame this limitation was the development of canted scope rings and bases, 20 MOA (5.82 mils) and 40 MOA (11.64 mils). However, modern scopes, now feature a wider range of clicks. Take of example the Bushnell XRS that I use, I have a total of 33 mils of elevation adjustment, I also have the scope mounted on a 20 MOA canted base (OBR top rail incorporates a 20 MOA cant) and 20 MOA rings, for a total cant of 40 MOA. My greatest concern was I had too much cant to zero at 100 yards. Luckily though, I still have 7.1 mils remaining to the bottom of the turret to my zero stop, currently the center of my turret adjustment, factoring my set zero stop, is about 9.4 mils, 7.1+9.4 = 16.5 mils, half of 33 mils, so my max effective turret adjustment is 9.4+16.5 =  25.9 mils. 

Spotter, you must be using the scopes with clip-on sights, the ones that reads like bla bla + AN/PAS13 or + AN/PVS29. Their zoom power is limited by their clip-on sights.

the NXS is limited at 8x for NV and thermal and the ATACR is limited at 5x because I have not made the 10x yet.

As I said, it is an enormous work to make all scopes FFP, so I´ve made just a few, so that you can have a taste.

If you use the versions without clip-on sights you will see the full zoom power.

Wow, you even factored in the inherent clip-on I2 limitations on magnification!?  :blink: Amazing, not many folks know that placing NODs out front limits the power magnification range due to image resolution, let alone the possible shift in POA/POI. Great attention to detail! 

That's great that it's the PBR, but that doesn't mean that's what it's actually zero'ed to.  Most optics are zeroed to 100m and then you spin the turrets to whatever PBR you want to use.  And many rifles are zeroed for 300m, but shot at 25m or 36yards.  At the end of the day, given your average shooter, for scopes that have adjustable turrets (instead of BDCs or red dots), zeroing at 100m is the "easiest" way to set the zero without chasing it and then letting the user set their PBR.  Add in the logistics of getting access to a range that's longer than 100-200m (even in the military), and it makes it even harder.

Personally, I zero for 100m and capture my DOPE.  Setting PBR from there is easy and consistent.

Yeah, for the average shooter, ground pounder, and the like, they typically don't have access to a longer ranges to refine their zeros and gather DOPE out to 1000 m or more.

For awhile, before I got access to shoot at 1,400 yard range, I had to rely solely on my chronograph to give me the best predicted algorithm for my ammunition. Ideally you true your ballistic algorithm before transonic flight, you get the most separation/deviation prior to gyroscopic instability and drag takes effect when the projectile crosses the speed of sound, which varies with atmospherics, typically ~1,200 ft/s, most ballistic calculators will highlight in the chart the distance for which the projectile will pass sonic, and you simply select a range before that point. Then shoot, record the bullet drop/splash, and use the truing feature, that feeds back this value, and back calculates a muzzle velocity adjustment, or a BC adjustment, and new polynomial curve for your rifle and ammo setup. Initially I used Bryan Litz imperially tested G1 BC for a 175 SMK of 0.475 and my muzzle velocity adjustment was way too high, nearly 100 ft/s faster than what my chronograph reading gave. So I tried truing using BC, using the muzzle velocity my chronograph outputted and got a BC that matched manufacturer listed BC of 0.496. So although academically speaking the 175 SMK may very well be 0.475 on a G1 scale, using Doppler or other measurement techniques available to Bryan Litz to define an accurate drag profile curve, or perhaps the lot of 175 gr Sierra manufactured and was tested was a 0.475, but for the ballistic calculator I was using 0.496, the lot of projectiles, with hard data DOPE I shot, matched both manufacturer published BC and my chronograph, so that's the data I've been using. Point is, even with a chronograph, you still need to true pretransonic flight to really refine your ballistic algorithm, true your BC. 

• Like 1

Man... your posts are long ;)

Not sure if you were asking me or spotter but you said up north so I will assume you meant me as spotter said he was in europe.

Suppressors are not legal at all up here which is a joke... would be very handy for range use and general hearing preservation but they look scary and might be used in the commission of a crime... of course we wont bother discussing that the crime in question was long since illegal but I digress...

Not sure where you are located Merciless but up here restrictions up here are federal and the same in every province for the most part... kind of comical how DC and CALI have some of the highest homicide rates and are democratic strongholds with the tightest gun laws but anyways... 

I could go on all day but suffice it to say some of it is OK and some of it is ridiculous... I can drive around in my truck with a .50bmg but I can't use an AR anywhere but at the range. There are a small percentage or ARs that I could but they are ones that are deemed "not easily  convertible to full auto". LOL... in any case... back on topic

Re: tremor 2, as you said the 3 is being developed and I also heard rumors that Todd and horus had a falling out... I guess what the trmr3 comes out on will tell the story... 

A lot of people complain about the xmas tree reticles, and it is certainly a personal choice. I personally love them... I don't think they replace dialing in every situation but I think it can offer much faster follow up shots if you know the subtends and how to use them...

The complexity of the reticle I think puts a lot of people off... 

You sound like you are right into it merciless ;)

and have had some great instruction and time on the range...

I'm pretty lucky as i have access to a 100 - 300m range and can shoot out as far as I want once beyond the powerlines. Me and and a buddy have a spot where we shoot out to 700+ regularly with .300wm with a Sightron 10-50 with an Moa reticle. My Bushnell XRS tactical is the FDE one with the trmr2 reticle. Haven't had a chance to shoot it much but can't wait.

To your point earlier... I was fiddling with the H59 in Arma and at unknown ranges and was using the reticle to range the targets and used the upper mil lines to range and was about 1.5 m short at 800m on first shot... I really like how the T3 will have the range lines like the h59 above the main horizontal stadia.  

Nice posts dudes,

One way the industry overcame this limitation was the development of canted scope rings and bases, 20 MOA (5.82 mils) and 40 MOA (11.64 mils). However, modern scopes, now feature a wider range of clicks. Take of example the Bushnell XRS that I use, I have a total of 33 mils of elevation adjustment, I also have the scope mounted on a 20 MOA canted base (OBR top rail incorporates a 20 MOA cant) and 20 MOA rings, for a total cant of 40 MOA. My greatest concern was I had too much cant to zero at 100 yards.

Hey, you gave me an idea, what you guys think about giving some extra 5 to 10 mils elevation to every scope? Or would you like to select only some scopes to receive that?

Luckily though, I still have 7.1 mils remaining to the bottom of the turret to my zero stop

Yeah, 7 precious mils for short range is really stily. Have you noticed the mod gives 8 mils to spend this way? hahahahah, 100 m shooters can have their moments too. :)

@Merciless,

I didn´t know about that wind adjustment with Tremor. The Christmas trees scopes are the ones people most ask. Right now I´m focusing in making all Horus scopes FFP and that´s really hard work. Very nice you´ve enjoyed the clip-ons zoom power.

Finally, I also use Bryan Litz doppler data and point mass solver. Unfortunately, for game comparisons, the GNU ballistics was the one with a closer match. And, as you all can see, it is impossible to talk scopes without talking ammo, and that´s why I´ve made Dagger Ballistics in Arma 2. I still have plans to do it for A3 but the scopes business still requires some ffp´s and extra stuff. And the moster is getting out of control ... right now there are 133 models in the pack!

I was fiddling with the H59 in Arma and at unknown ranges and was using the reticle to range the targets and used the upper mil lines to range and was about 1.5 m short at 800m on first shot

I´ll check that. Good moment now that I am making the ffp for the H59. But you still must make sure you have set fovTop and fovLeft in the configs, or rangefinding will not go right.

Not sure if you were asking me or spotter but you said up north so I will assume you meant me as spotter said he was in europe.

Yeah, I was speaking of our brothers up North. I have the same sentiments as you do - gun control only serves to disarm law abiding citizens and criminals will continue to have them or otherwise won't prevent mentally disturbed individuals from killing otherwise, you can't fix stupid or legislate it out of existence. It's regrettable to know the same asinine logic that some politicians and the media State side is even more pervasive up north, but for how bad we both might complain, I can't even imagine what it's like across the pond though.

I also heard rumors that Todd and horus had a falling out... I guess what the trmr3 comes out on will tell the story... 

I've also heard the same, if I remember back from Shot Show 2014, which was just last year - but I don't recall the details on why. I've also noticed Todd has been working with Byran Litz quite a bit as of late, they've hosted a number of workshops and Q/A sessions together.

I'm pretty lucky as i have access to a 100 - 300m range and can shoot out as far as I want once beyond the powerlines. Me and and a buddy have a spot where we shoot out to 700+ regularly with .300wm with a Sightron 10-50 with an Moa reticle. My Bushnell XRS tactical is the FDE one with the trmr2 reticle. Haven't had a chance to shoot it much but can't wait.

Nice. A .300 Win Mag is definitely on my wishlist. Part of my reasoning for even wanting one is that the Surefire 7.62-RC I run is rated to designed and built for that cartridge. I selected the SF 762-RC as a multi-caliber rifle suppressor, although not optimal for weight and sound suppression for smaller calibers, it is cost-effective one size fits all approach, with one suppressor I am able to suppress .308, 5.56, 300 BLK, and occasionally 22 LR when I run a conversion kit, and then later down the road 300 Win Mag.

What a coincidence! My XRS is also in FDE, but H59, I was able to get a total adjustment range of 33 mils for elevation and 18.6 mils for windage. I'm curious if yours the same? I've heard sometimes folks get a few clicks less than others, varies from lot to lot. Which reminds me I need to perform a box drill at the upper ends of the adjustment to verify or adjust/true the actual effective clicks available. 

I was fiddling with the H59 in Arma and at unknown ranges and was using the reticle to range the targets and used the upper mil lines to range and was about 1.5 m short at 800m on first shot... I really like how the T3 will have the range lines like the h59 above the main horizontal stadia.  

As much as I can understand the reasoning for the H59 top section to be open, for spotting, or extreme long range shooting, I still would have liked subtensions up the vertical stadia. I was close to getting an H37 instead, but disliked that the center of the reticle wasn't in the optical center of the scope. Too bad, the T3 wasn't available when I was in the market, I think it addresses the complaints folks had with the T2, though I wish the wind dots were more transparent.

Hey, you gave me an idea, what you guys think about giving some extra 5 to 10 mils elevation to every scope? Or would you like to select only some scopes to receive that?

That'd be an interesting option, for mil-sim, additional scope options with an added description of having an 5 or 10 mil canted base/rings installed, though in the market state side I'm only familiar to seen 20 MOA or 40 MOA rings/bases, I'm sure machine shops have made milliradian based cants too.

Yeah, 7 precious mils for short range is really stily. Have you noticed the mod gives 8 mils to spend this way? hahahahah, 100 m shooters can have their moments too.  :)

At 100 yards, 7.1 mils equates to 25.56", which is quite a bit of adjustment. It's half of that a 50 yards, 12.78", and half of that at 25 yards. You laugh, but there been some shooting stages and courses that have you shoot ridiculously up close, some scopes can't even resolve the parallax/target focus at that distance. I run canted Barry Deuck Defense/SF offset irons for that reason. Been meaning to find a 34mm scope rings with a cantilevered MIL-1913 rail, so I can attach a mini-red dot to, but I think having it attached on the gun oppose to the scope rings would be better. Things on my to-do-list.

Very nice you´ve enjoyed the clip-ons zoom power.

Actually, I've only had first hand experience with thermal-clip ons. It was surreal. I still get goosebumps thinking about it. It was during an impromptu night vision and thermal demo in a 2-day precision rifle class. Those that lodged/camped with the instructors on the range got some extra instruction. It was surreal, driving at night to the 1400 yard range, in the back our instructor's pick up, while carrying a Badger Ordinance representative's MK12 w/ FLIR T70 (one of the sponsors for the class that day), in the back of the bed sitting next to our guest instructor, former Marine scout sniper, with a slightly green back lit face, kitted up w/ Ops-core FAST Helmet w/ PVS 14. It was my first time looking through NODs and thermals. I was amazed at how far we've come with technology, and the tools available to our war fighters today. I asked so many questions about the NODs to both instructors and our sponsors, and was so enthusiastic that Josh Stabler, designer of the Hog/Pig Saddle, finally asked if I ever looked through NODs before. I replied no, and he takes off his Ops-core helmet w/ PVS14, and passes it to me. I couldn't help but feel like I was becoming a killing machine, I wanted to kick down some doors, room clear, and perform some ninja-low-drag-high-speed stuff, especially with the AN/PEQ-15 IR illuminator. Even with a cloudy night with no moon, it was literally night and day, the sudden convergence of technology and guns that night, just gave me the greatest nerdgasm you can ever imagine. Regrettably I left my MK18 clone home that day though. 

Finally, I also use Bryan Litz doppler data and point mass solver. Unfortunately, for game comparisons, the GNU ballistics was the one with a closer match. And, as you all can see, it is impossible to talk scopes without talking ammo, and that´s why I´ve made Dagger Ballistics in Arma 2. I still have plans to do it for A3 but the scopes business still requires some ffp´s and extra stuff. And the moster is getting out of control ... right now there are 133 models in the pack!

Nice, I take it, you extracted from his Applied Ballistic book? He released a second revision/edition not too long ago too. Do you have his Applied Ballistic mobile app? I like how he allows you to upload/define custom drag profiles. I wonder if you could do the same? It would be awesome to be able to import real-world data, my dope sheet from my OBR or MK18, and practice in game for example.