And some videos

Video by sorophx.

Video by sttosin.

Tags
Scope, Sniper, Reticle, Sight.

Download links
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29282

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639520340

http://withsix.com/p/arma-3/mods/IzfFKsG-5UKFPdGAfR7R-A/Dagger-Scopes-for-Arma-3

Server key included.

Installation
Make sure you have this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@Dagger\Addons

...containing this file:
a3_dgr_scopes.pbo

DGR_Scopes_Installation.jpg

Ready to Use LEA Config File
Import the file:
DGRScopes_3_3.lea.addon
into you LEA editor and you are ready to use all the scopes.

Known Bugs, Issues and Fixes

1.The game denies zoom powers above 30x, so the 55x competition scope will always be missing the maximum zoom power. I haven´t tested if the NF 32x is working right at max power.
2.Some players´ holdovers don´t match their turret elevations. It happens when they don´t adjust their fovTop and fovLeft. You must adjust fovTop and fovLeft in order for your holds to work.

Credits & Thanks
My special thanks to:
BI team, for the wonderful game and the forums.
ToreDL87, The Supporter.
Multiplaneta, The Swiss Knife Man: LEA worker, youtube movies, mods research.
Digao.pf, The Constructive Criticizer: beta tester and effects suggestions.
Yakavetta, for the inspiration on his scopes since Arma 1.
ACE team, for the the many sniper toys (like the Kestrel, Vec-21 and Yardage).
SWM team, for the inspiration on the wide screen scopes.
AR15 and Sniperhide forums, for the open minded discussions and mutual help.

Irvin_Mainway, military research and beta tester.

VekongMaster, military research and beta tester.

Sorophx, Arma3 youtube video.

Changelog (Arma 3)

V1: First release.

V2: Added more reticles to the AN/PVS-4, fixed the zoom power on the clip-on NV sights, converted some scopes (not all) into FFP – First Focal Plane, which means the reticle also zooms in and out, added new scopes, added clip-on thermal sights, fixed some reticle posts coming out of the tube, assigned different 3D models for each scope, adjusted the zoom power of all 1x zoom scopes to reflect BI´s new FOV at naked eye, added a 55x competition scope.

V3: Made many scopes FFP (they zoom the reticle), added more scopes.

V4: Set zero range to ~100 meters (in the configs they are set to 200 m so that in game the zero distance be around 100 m). Changed display names for better navigation in Virtual Arsenal.

V5: Set zero range to ~300 meters but now it can be adjusted in 10 m steps.

V6: Fixed an error message appearing in some systems.

Requirements
-CBA_A3

-ACE_A3

• Like 9

Congrats for the release.  :)

A small question, change the fovtop and fovleft is required also in ArmA3 ? 

• Like 2

Wow... awesome stuff... I've got a real steel H37. Thrilled to have it in Arma. Cheers!!

• Like 1

Broken scope shouldn't give any magnification. Probably, bug.

• Like 1

Hello people,

Yes, please adjust the fovTop and fovLeft, so that you can estimate range precisely and the scopes will appear as perfectly round in your screen.

You are probably feeling some zoom in the broken scope because you might not have adjusted your fovTop and fovLeft.

Go to your folder:

C:\Users\Dagger\Documents\Arma 3

Mine is called Dagger, but you might have this folder with your name instead.

And edit the file:

Dagger.Arma3Profile

Set:

fovTop = 0.89;    // if your screen resolution is 16:10

fovTop = 0.81;    // if your screen resolution is 16:9

fovTop = 1.10;    // if your screen resolution is 5:4

fovTop = 1.04;    // if your screen resolution is 4:3

fovLeft = 1.43;    // if your screen resolution is 16:10

fovLeft = 1.45;    // if your screen resolution is 16:9

fovLeft = 1.38;    // if your screen resolution is 5:4

fovLeft = 1.39;    // if your screen resolution is 4:3

The idea on the broken scope is to allow mission makers to add it to AI enemy units. Since scopes have no effect in AI behavior (they will shoot exactly like before) but, once players kill the AI and go to check their belongins, they will find a broken scope, suggesting the scope was "broken" when that AI soldier got hit by players.

• Like 1

Love Dagger optics man, Thank You for bringing this classic to Corporal Kerry :D 

**I don't know if this is a bug, but for me all of the included optics are applied to the same model. In virtual arsenal it differentiates "ACOG" "SUSAT" etc. etc., but they are all applied to the same scope. 

• Like 2

I thank you, you are always wellcome Foxhound!

Hey robowilso,

Wise question, I´ll give you my thoughts. :)

It is not a bug. As I see there are mainly 2 types of scopes out there: the ones that focus more on the "outside" of the scope, and the ones that focus more on the "inside" of the scope. Mine are the second type.

My major concern it to ensure you will be able to read all the numbers inside the scopes, all the stadia lines, range finders, etc, and to ensure they will all be 100% accurate for range estimations, including a perfect alignments with your field of view, soldier sizes of 1.80m and proper scope FOV´s. It may appear that all those things are different matters but they are not. You need to consider all of them at once in order to make accurate reticles.

All those numbers, stadia lines and BDC´s - Bullet Drop Compensators are there on the reticles for a reason. Someone who know what they mean can wisely use them in order to shoot faster, farther and more accurately than anyone else who don´t know their meaning. I aim on giving real life expert shooters what they want. I can tell you some real life sniper units around the world have asked me to use the scopes on their VBS training sessions.

Because I am only a single man working alone, I have to manage my deliverables and deadlines. Yes, I put myself deadlines to work on mods or they will never be finished. So I´ve made a "one-body-fits-all-scopes" in order to speed up the release. If someone on the community are willing to make individual bodyshapes that fit each one of my reticles please, let me know, and I´ll be glad to have him/her onboard.

That´s it dude!

Cheers!

hey man, loved your mods for Arma 2. as soon as I saw this thread I just had to launch A3 and play around with your scopes for it. here's a short video showcasing some of them. I didn't have a lot of time, so there's not a lot of footage.

oh, and if people don't like the music, I'm sorry. I forgot I had a movie playing in the background when I was recording, so I had to mute the track with the original sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJSS0F8q898

• Like 2

Hey sorophx,

Great video! Thank you! The music is great and you show a lot of skill shooting. Congrats!

I´ve added it to the first post and credited you!

By the way, I suggest you play around a bit more with the AN/PAS-13. Just zoom it in some times and you will see all the reticles options.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Great video! Thank you! The music is great and you show a lot of skill shooting. Congrats!

thanks  ^_^

I'm glad this mod is ACE compatible, awesome job, however I've got some considerations;

Could you use some more scope models for your content? Marksmen DLC introduced cool models, you could use them as well as the default LRPS and MOS.

I haven't tested all of the reticles, but it seems like some of the scopes are missing first-focal-plane feature, meaning the reticle doesn't scale with zoom when it should.

• Like 1

Could you use some more scope models for your content? Marksmen DLC introduced cool models, you could use them as well as the default LRPS and MOS.

Yes, no problem, but when I have time to do that. As I told before, I´ve focused on the "inside" instead of the "outside", because otherwise the mod would never be released.

are missing first-focal-plane

They were not meant to be first focal plane in this version 1 because they were ported from my work on Arma2. But it is a future possibility. Again, I had to do like that or otherwise the mod would never be released.

Those two things you have requested are indeed being considered for future releases, and the option to have pip´s as well. Not to mention porting my ballistics mod to Arma 3, so that the bdc´s work properly.

Yup; good to see the initial release, looking forward for the newer versions, keep up the good work :)

PiP is quirky as hell though, I don't really know if it's worth the effort. I also hope the ballistics mod won't interfere with other stuff, like ACE, it'd be nice if it was optional or at least compatible.

• Like 1

I don't really know if it's worth the effort

I´ve questioned that too, but I remain open to new ideas, should they be good at all.

I also hope the ballistics mod won't interfere with other stuff, like ACE

Yeah, sure thing. Basically I´ll bring new airfriction only and that´s all. But, as a side note, I´ve exchanged some thoughts with Ruthberg who is in charge of ACE´s ballistics and I quite enjoy his work.

Say hello Ruthberg. I´m coming :)

• Like 1

I can't stress enough how impressed I am with this. I spent a better part of the night trying this out and was immediately hooked. Just the overall look alone impressed me. Good quality all around. If in time ACE's PIP could be supported (maybe as an optional), it would be amazing with your work. Though even over at my project, ASTFOR, we've been banging our heads as well dealing with it getting things working. Either way, this is now on my list of must have addons for A3. :)

• Like 1

Hey Yokhanan,

Thank you, you just motivate me to do more. 

When are we going to see the mod inside ASTFOR now?

Cheers!

But, as a side note, I´ve exchanged some thoughts with Ruthberg who is in charge of ACE´s ballistics and I quite enjoy his work.

Yeah Ruthberg is a great guy, I made my forum account just to exchange some thoughts on his advanced ballistics back when it was still standalone.

I'm glad you'll collaborate with him :D

Hey Yokhanan,

Thank you, you just motivate me to do more. 

When are we going to see the mod inside ASTFOR now?

Cheers!

Haha, yeah pretty soon hopefully. Got bit of a new team going, so lots of new things in the works and scrapping some old stuff because of it (much to dismay of some of the team). Ah well you know how it goes, you're always evolving to get the best you can. Speaking of which, if we get the whole pip framework working finally, if you want, I'll give you a shout incase if you want to integrate it in the future as an optional thing or something. 

Had a bit of in-game co-op today with your addon, and found myself spending like 20 minutes looking at all the different reticles and going, "ooooOOOoooh I like this one! Oh wait, I like this one! OH WOW I like this one!", then heard over comms "OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Just pick one and get in!" hahaha. Good work mate.  :D

• Like 1

hahahahah, oh man I love to hear those comments, for I really love making scopes.

if we get the whole pip framework working finally, if you want, I'll give you a shout incase if you want to integrate it in the future as an optional thing or something

Yes, please, count me in!

I have to say this is really impressive work that you've done here. Amazing variety, showed this to an ex-sniper buddy of mine and he was like a kid in a candy store! So far my favorite thing about these reticles is the way you have the illumination done and the way it works with ambient light. I was amazed to be able to use an ACOG TA11 until about 3am, but I think this was largely because we were operating inside a city with lots of street lights, once we went out into the country and the scope had nothing to amplify everything was pitch black as it should be. I do think that it may be worth thinking about removing this feature from some scopes (older ones like the British No 32 or the Colt 4x20) which realistically didn't have it, but I'm just happy to be able to use these past twilight for now. 

Do you have any plans for further addition to this already great collection, and if so, have you considered making any first focal plane scopes?

• Like 1

Hey Irvin,

Thank you. I´ve put a lot o effort into "illumination". I´ve made many day/night tests in order to be able to balance just the right amount of light inside and outside the tube, glowing reflexes, and the right amount of alpha channel, which has proven to be a real puzzle.

I really have plans for first focal planes but the problem is that I don´t have much time to do them since ffp´s require additional reticles, one for each zoom power, which should almost double the number of 3d models, can you imagine that?  Right now only the PAS-13 is ffp, so I suggest you to a bit with it and tell me your impressions.

I´ll check the old scopes, would you please be more specific? I mean, what to you take for illumination in this case? The reflexes inside the tube? Outside? The glass reflections?

Hey Irvin,

Thank you. I´ve put a lot o effort into "illumination". I´ve made many day/night tests in order to be able to balance just the right amount of light inside and outside the tube, glowing reflexes, and the right amount of alpha channel, which has proven to be a real puzzle.

I really have plans for first focal planes but the problem is that I don´t have much time to do them since ffp´s require additional reticles, one for each zoom power, which should almost double the number of 3d models, can you imagine that?  Right now only the PAS-13 is ffp, so I suggest you to a bit with it and tell me your impressions.

I´ll check the old scopes, would you please be more specific? I mean, what to you take for illumination in this case? The reflexes inside the tube? Outside? The glass reflections?

Yes the more I think about it "illumination" is not the right way to describe it. Mainly I'm talking about the light amplification/light collection quality of your scopes vs. what's found in vanilla ARMA 3 ("the sun is going down, time to switch to the red dot/ irons till it comes back up"). What I meant about some of the older sights is, all other things equal (i.e. without getting too complex and factoring in all sorts of measurements of the particular scope, objective lens size and so on), they didn't have the same lens coatings available in the 1940s or even 1970s that we do today, so just from a realism point of view, it would be nice to see some scopes better in low light conditions than others, but honestly I'm just happy to have the light amplification at all. 

I do understand your point about the increased workload on doing ffp scopes, it would probably be impractical to do wide scale for most scopes, especially if you do 3 zoom levels. My suggestion would be, if you plan on doing any more ffp scopes sort of be specific about the ones you choose, so instead of trying to have a ffp version of most scopes / reticle patterns, just do one or two that you feel are best represented this way. My friend and I are very much looking forward to anything that you might add in the future.

On a side note, its pretty funny to see how much time people are spending at the arsenal box since we've started testing your mod out. "I like this Leupold scope, and this one from Schmit&Bender, oh go look at that NightForce one, you can make the crosshair turn red!" Unfortunately all these new options have done nothing to help the decisiveness of our players!