Sign in to follow this  
kickbuttakis01

3 Volley Salute/ Missing Man Formation

Burying my father today.

Although not a military man per se, he always was fascinated with the 2 world wars, and me and my brother remember our dad telling stories when we were kids. My grandfather was a Veteran of WWI.

I was wondering if anyone has scripts that I could use, in the Arma 3 mission that me and my brother are making, that I could put in our mission as a tribute to our dad. If I could script a Missing Man Formation with F18's and some ai solders doing the volley, that would be great.

Thanks,

Greenthunder

I used the editor, with waypoints, and have 4 F18's do a flyover with one jet climbing out of sight for the missing man formation. I want to script this, creating the jet and creating the waypoints, but it doesn't seem to follow all the waypoints. It seems to follow the the first 2 waypoints but doesnt follow the 3rd one. I put down 4 empty helo landing pad objects, at the proper positions and heights to use when I creat the waypoints. The 2nd waypoint height is set to 2500m and the jet starts to climb, but then stops climbing and comes back down to a low height before reaching the 3rd waypoint, which is also set at 2500m. Here is the code I am using:

KK_fnc_setDirFLY = {
    private ["_veh","_dir","_v"];
    _veh = _this select 0;
    _dir = _this select 1;
    _v = velocity _veh;
    _veh setDir _dir;
    _veh setVelocity [
        (_v select 1) * sin _dir - (_v select 0) * cos _dir,
        (_v select 0) * sin _dir + (_v select 1) * cos _dir,
        _v select 2
    ];
};
// All clients stop executing here, do not delete this line
if (!isServer) exitWith {};
        private ["_missingMan", "_spawnStart", "_wp"];
        _spawnStart = MissingManStart;
        _missingMan = createVehicle [ "JS_JC_FA18E", _spawnStart,[], 0, "Fly" ];
        [_missingMan, -225] call KK_fnc_setDirFly;
        createVehicleCrew _missingMan;
        _grp = group driver _missingMan;
        hint "Vehicle Spawned";

_wp = _grp addWaypoint [MOVE1, 0];
        hint "WP1 created";
        _wp setWaypointType "MOVE";
        _wp setWaypointBehaviour "CARELESS";
        _wp setWaypointSpeed "SLOW";
        _wp setWaypointStatements ["true", "hint 'WP1 Reached';"];

_wp = _grp addWaypoint [MOVE2, 0];
        hint "WP2 created";
        _wp setWaypointSpeed "FULL";
        _wp setWaypointStatements ["true", " _missingMan FlyInHeight 2500; hint 'WP2 Reached'; diag_log ['GroupLeader: ', this];"];

_wp = _grp addWaypoint [MOVE3, 0];
        hint "WP3 created";
        _wp setWaypointSpeed 'FULL';
        _wp setWaypointStatements ["true", "hint 'WP3 Reached'; _missingMan FlyInHeight 2500; deleteVehicle this"];

I have tried using the 'FlyInHeight 2500, because this is worked in the editor. Any idea why this doesnt work?

Thanks.

I'd recommend using unit capture / unit play, as long as it's not for a dedicated server. That way you record each of the planes and can get them precise and reliable.

I'd recommend using unit capture / unit play, as long as it's not for a dedicated server. That way you record each of the planes and can get them precise and reliable.

I did see this before, but one thing I was thinking I could do in the script is beable to spawn the jets and waypoints based on, for example, where the player is and what direction he is facing. When I placed the jets and waypoints using the editor, they fly pretty good, so I thought if I could script this, it should be pretty good, with the added bonus that I could spawn them anywhere on the map too.