Sign in to follow this  
Stalker 1

How do i prevent ai from giving orders?

Basically I play single player a lot so I use team switching however when I switch to another group leader the previous group leader will order his group to disembark vehicles they are in or order them to board a vehicle several kilometers away, basically I just need to be able to prevent the ai group leader from issuing orders to the team if that is possible?

• Like 1

So I just have to create a trigger put that code in and that's it? Sorry I'm new to mission making and triggers and that

Create trigger and set the code on act

group player selectLeader player

All that will do is make you the leader of whatever group you're currently in when the trigger is activated, so that won't help you. As far as stopping the group leader you previously occupied from issuing his own orders; I can't help sorry. I've just never had to deal with team switching before so I'd be starting from scratch and my head is off on it's own world today (thank my wife's 30th for that).

All that will do is make you the leader of whatever group you're currently in when the trigger is activated, so that won't help you.

Why not? When you switch the unit in SP you willbe always leader of the group. This will prevent ai lider egsisting and  commanding.

Why not? When you switch the unit in SP you willbe always leader of the group. This will prevent ai lider egsisting and  commanding.

From what I gathered from the OP, it's the group that he is leaving that he's having problems with, not the group he switches to. So, say he is leader of grp1, then when he switches to the leader of grp2, the now AI leader of grp1 one does it's own thing. That was my understanding of the problem. Also, I'm reading your last sentence in a couple of different ways so sorry if I'm misinterpreting what you're saying.

• Like 1

Basically I play single player a lot so I use team switching however when I switch to another group leader the previous group leader will order his group to disembark vehicles they are in or order them to board a vehicle several kilometers away, basically I just need to be able to prevent the ai group leader from issuing orders to the team if that is possible?

I am sorry but AI group leader will respond the way he deems fit, sadly in your case. Your best bet is to be the sole leader for 'n' number of playable units. Categorize them as Team Red, Green, etc. Order team wise. That way, you will still be able to switch units and give out orders team-wise rather than complete squad wise . Hope this will serve your purpose, in sha Allah  :D

• Like 1