Sign in to follow this  
yaboyalex

ArmA 3 Stutters/Lags

Whenever I play on a Altis Life server or Arma 3 Life, I get stuttering/lag / frame dips.

My hardware.

i7 4790k @4.0 GHz Unparked

970 GTX Gigabyte Windforce 

8 GB Corsair RAM

Corsair PSU

1 TB HDD

Its the well known Multiplayer FPS bug.   Your hardware isnt even under 50% load, but still low fps.

Im playing arma 3 (with same settings, resolution, parameters) on my PC and Laptop.  My laptop is like 1/8 the power of my PC, but in multiplayer it works much better.

BI say its the badly coded mission youre playing on

Modders say, its the old engine arma is running on

some players say that the available hardware cant handle that much (bottleneck everything with 5% load......)

some other players say, the server is limiting your fps to its actual performance..

we never know, probably BI is never going to do anything about it.

The only possible fixes for the Players: 

-Play on a server that isnt full.  Find your "working" player count.   I got on some King of the Hill server 20fps with 50 players and more.   30fps with 30 players.  80 with 10 players or less.

-Try to learn to play with stuttering, lags, freezes and low fps.

-invade BI Studios in czech and force them to fix this immediately. (Which sounds a bit unrealistic, but you never know)

-Play an other game, GarrysMod has some good roleplay gamemodes too. ( and proper, working physics)

I have found that trying to tune my video options, I get into more trouble than "Dennis The Menace!" Try setting your Nvidia control panel to default, then change only,...

1) Anisotropic Filtering = 16x ,... (disable this in game)

2) Power Management Mode = Maximum Performance

then in game view distance = 2,000m ...increase or decrease depending on where you are in the map. Some areas are really bad on fps.

object distance = 1,600m ...increase or decrease depending on where you are in the map

3) In game, disable PiP

This doesn't work for everyone or every scenario but should help generaly speaking.

I have found that trying to tune my video options, I get into more trouble than "Dennis The Menace!" Try setting your Nvidia control panel to default, then change only,...

1) Anisotropic Filtering = 16x ,... (disable this in game)

Why on earth you would disable Aniso. Filtering when even a 10 year old card could run that at max? It's basically free for every system so you should always max it unless you like worse graphics somehow.

Why on earth you would disable Aniso.

...that's not exactly what I said. Please read carefuly.

I'm no engineer but I found that by disabling AF "in game" which I was told over the years, taxes the CPU. This happens more often in simulators than it does in FPS's.   It's better to max it in the control panal which forces the GPU. 

I could be totally wrong but I know what works on my PC

MInimum fps = 25+/-

Maximum fps = 70+/-