lstor

[EU] Real life-friendly COOP/Zeus Authenticity Team (age 20+)

Hi!

I'm putting together a small team of Europe-based like-minded, mature players looking to play co-op and Zeus missions on a work-and-family-friendly schedule. Our key emphasis is having fun, and we achieve that by helping each other get an authentic military experience. We are serious and focused on a mission, and relaxed and casual out of mission. While we are constantly looking to improve our play, we are not a milsim unit -- when not on a mission, we have a flat structure where everyone is respected and everyone's input is valued.

What does that mean?

I have a full-time+ job. Many Arma 3 players have families. I simply don't have the time to be a productive member of a full-fledged realism unit -- and if you're reading this, then probably neither do you. However, playing in a team of dedicated and like-minded individuals is way more fun.

So what do we do?

We stay small. By having a small group, it's easier to find times to play that suit most members, making it easier to accommodate real life needs. Hopefully, we avoid needing a dedicated server and other expensive infrastructure. Short-term, I'm thinking 4-5 players. In the longer run, up towards 8 or 10. A smaller unit also means we get to know each other better, it makes it easier to help everyone have fun, and so on.

How do we play?

We focus primarily on special-forces style missions, either regular missions or Zeused. We will use a small, mobile team to do insertions and extractions behind enemy lines, performing Direct Action, sabotage and other SOF-themed missions. However, our primary goal is to have fun, so we might pop into a public Wasteland server together or whatever sizzles our bacon. We use Zeus and/or AI for supporting elements.

We will use a set of mods. While not set in stone, it probably looks something like this:

• TFAR
  • A subset of AGM and/or ACE3
  • MCC
  • Tao's foldmap
  • RH's M4
  • Euroforce uniforms
  • Sometimes custom maps (Kunduz, Bornholm, Australia, A2MP, etc.)

Why 'authenticity'? Don't you mean realism?

While we are serious and dedicated in-game, we don't strive for realism just because that's the way something is in real life. We realize this is a game, and look for the most rewarding experience -- and we find authenticity rewarding. This means that we may do training sessions and drills, but always because we want to improve on something as a team -- not because of any rules or regulations.

Who am I?

I'm a 30-something old chap from Scandinavia. I have several years of in-the-field army experience, but I'm now more or less full-time geek. I love Arma 3, and have played it for 1000+ hours. I have also played Arma 2 and other military games a lot (and non-military, for that matter).

Who are you?

Since we are few players, we need to be strict about who we play with. The primary requirement is that you're a mature, likable guy or gal who shares our passion for Arma 3 and authentic play.

You must:

• Know the game. Have at least 50+ hours playtime of Arma 3. While not a strict requirement, we're not here to teach you how to play the game. You should know at least the basics of most parts of the game -- being an infantryman, driver, gunner, heli pilot, aircraft pilot, AI commanding and so on. Also, we want to know that your love for Arma 3 won't suddenly go away. You don't have to play three times a week, but you should be able to play at least a couple of times a month in the foreseeable future. (Holidays, busy periods and so on are of course acceptable.)
  • Be dependable. If we're four players who have agreed to play together at a given time, we can't lose 25 % of our mission participants just because you forgot it.
  • Be mature. Not everyone above 20 is mature, and not everyone below 20 is immature -- far from it -- but you gotta run well with the old guys. If you think you are mature enough, give it a go -- but don't be disappointed if we turn you down after a try-out.
  • Know how, and enjoy, to Zeus (or be willing to learn rapidly on your own). We don't have time to make missions, and we want more depth than what ALiVE and similar tools can offer. Most sessions will have a Zeus, and the role should rotate so that everyone can enjoy playing (and Zeusing). Remember that your role as Zeus is to make sure the players have a fun and authentic experience.
  • Know how to install and use mods. While we of course will try to help out if you have problems, we're not here to be tech support.
  • The obvious ones: Own Arma 3, have a microphone, speak English reasonably (understandably) well, have a decent ping and timezone to be compatible with EU players.

It's also welcome if you:

• Can do modding and/or mission making.
  • Can create cool videos of some of our missions together.
  • Cann wriet dicentyl.

You don't have to:

• Have previous military or milsim experience.
  • Have über skillz.
  • Be super active, dedicate your life to the unit or say 'Sir' to anyone.

Finally, and most importably:

You must understand what this community is about, and fit in. You must realize that this is not a service rendered to you, but rather a joint effort to get the most out of Arma 3 and have fun - together! 

So where do we go from here?

If this tickled your fancy and you think this is great for you, go ahead and send me a PM. When we are four or five members we will agree on a format and way to do things that we think best serves our purpose, and then recruit a few more. Note that you will have to play a few missions with us before you are accepted, in order for us to see if the chemistry is right.

In your PM, please write a little about yourself, your history with Arma and other military games. Please write a little about why you want to join us. Write how we will be a match made in heaven and what you can bring to the table, and how amazingly well you fit the description above. Also, don't forget to mention your age, where you live (including timezone) and so on.

Looking forward to play with you!

• Like 1