Delta Hawk

US Military Mod (80s 90s)

Just a question, is Nessie in the .pbos?

I'm very intrigued now.

No.  I used to mod for OFP.  One of my first mods I released to the ArmA community was a bunch of police cars.  People asked me to mod them and I allowed them.  Soon, a bunch of kids got their hands on them and childish, immature chaos and ridiculous drama followed.  People also stole the content from the police cars to use them in their mods, which still can be found in ArmA 3 mods today and they never give credit.  From that day on I've made a rule to generally never, EVER let people mod my work or open the PBOs.  So no, no Nessie.

• Like 3

Nice, really looking forward to this, been hoping for units exactly in this era.

Any chance we could see more teasers of what's to come?

I don't have plans for a playwithsix release right now but that's something I'll look into early January.

Phew, for a sec there I thought you meant you weren't going to release on WithSix! Guess I'll be getting this mod in January. I use WithSix with every mod I can because it makes keeping mods up-to-date SO much easier. Hope you release WithSix version soooooooon :)

And yes, any chance we can see some teaser? Three Desert camo teasers please ;)

• Like 1

I'm getting the feeling we're gonna be inundated with desert storm and operation Iraqi freedom style campaigns and missions soon after the release  :lol:

I don't have plans for a playwithsix release right now but that's something I'll look into early January.

I hope you reconsider this, even if you dont upload and setup the PwS entry yourself, if can be done by the Six staff.  I, like alot of communities, rely on Six to keep online collections in order for our users.  There really isnt a better option for distributing alot of addons to members, with a ranging experience with using mods with ArmA.

Really looking forward to this release, thank you in advance for your hard work.

• Like 2

I'm getting the feeling we're gonna be inundated with desert storm and operation Iraqi freedom style campaigns and missions soon after the release  :lol:

That can only be a good thing, right?  :P

That can only be a good thing, right?  :P

Well yes...unless of course you were someone who was doing a campaign in that era secretly, thinking you had a cool and niche idea  :lol: and now your starting realize that literally everyone has had the same idea  :lol: Now i'm not necessarily saying i'm that guy, but...

Well yes...unless of course you were someone who was doing a campaign in that era secretly, thinking you had a cool and niche idea  :lol: and now your starting realize that literally everyone has had the same idea  :lol: Now i'm not necessarily saying i'm that guy, but...

I don't want to say this because I might give out ideas but I have been waiting for the release of this mod so I can start working on my Operation Gothic Serpent campaign! I am a lover of the MH-60Ks they are beautiful and Black Hawk Down is my favourite movie of all times.

Callout to the WithSix staff, hope you guys get this mod on WithSix soon after release this weekend.

I was just wondering will the vests provided by this mod have equivalent armor values and load sizes to the vests provided in Arma 3?

I was just wondering will the vests provided by this mod have equivalent armor values and load sizes to the vests provided in Arma 3?

The load sizes are not similar to ArmA3 because there's room to add stuff like canteens, field dressings, bayonets, ponchos .etc.  It's hard to say if the armor values are equivalent because I don't play against ArmA 3 characters very much with the whole future thing.  The PASGT vest does offer some protection but it doesn't weigh as much as the RBA vest.  RBA offers the most protection at the cost of more weight (SAPI plates).  That being said I don't recommend filling up the RBA vest completely with magazines.

Callout to the WithSix staff, hope you guys get this mod on WithSix soon after release this weekend.

I've already messaged Sickboy.

• Like 1

That being said I don't recommend filling up the RBA vest completely with magazines.

blog+us+light+inf.jpg

When your the new guy in a light infantry regiment  :lol:

• Like 1

blog+us+light+inf.jpg

When your the new guy in a light infantry regiment  :lol:

Hahaha!  :P

Also I don't understand why I see everyone's knee pads down, I always keep mine up and if they start falling I put tape below them.

Moderators, please lock this post.  I will be taking this discussion to the ArmA3 - Complete section.  Thank you.   

• Like 4

The thread is hereby closed. Congratulations on the release! Please feel free to edit your post to include the new thread.