Delta Hawk

US Military Mod (80s 90s)

This looks amazing! Can't wait for this and al-Kut to release, they'll be like two peas in a pod :) Iraq 2003 here I come. So happy we're finally getting good DCU and Six Desert camouflages. Looking forward to release!

Just wondering if your gonna be bringing over the different unit patches you had on the ARMA 2 version? Cause like that was a great feature in the old version.

Are some news about the release of this mod ? We are near the end of the year and since August we don't have any notice .... I hope so much this USMC mod for Arma 3... ;_________;

Are some news about the release of this mod ?

Just for a friendly nudge before you get on the wrong side of a moderator, asking for news or a release date is seen as against the rules. It's down to the mod makers discretion when they want to inform us. Hope this helps  :)

Are some news about the release of this mod ? We are near the end of the year and since August we don't have any notice .... I hope so much this USMC mod for Arma 3... ;_________;

As a rule of thumb in the ArmA community it's best not to ask when a mod will get release.  That being said I'm waiting on a couple things before I release it this weekend.

• Like 8

Hey, Delta Hawk. I know there was already previous discussion about the use of CUP and/or other mod dependencies.

I re-read your first post and the last two paragraphs seems to contradict each other.

I was wondering if you could clarify your plan. For example, are you planning to use CUP with initial releases, but are working towards a future release that will eventually eliminate the need for CUP?

I'm fine with whatever you do, as I already stated my opinion on that. Just curious what path you chose with regard to mod dependencies.

As a rule of thumb in the ArmA community it's best not to ask when a mod will get release.  That being said I'm waiting on a couple things before I release it this weekend.

WHAT? Release this weekend? REALLY?

Well, that's some exciting news. All aboard the hype train!

• Like 1

Hey, Delta Hawk. I know there was already previous discussion about the use of CUP and/or other mod dependencies.

I re-read your first post and the last two paragraphs seems to contradict each other.

I was wondering if you could clarify your plan. For example, are you planning to use CUP with initial releases, but are working towards a future release that will eventually eliminate the need for CUP?

I'm fine with whatever you do, as I already stated my opinion on that. Just curious what path you chose with regard to mod dependencies.

The initial release will require CUP.  I have thought about it a lot and considered everyone's input.  I have decided for now CUP is the best option for weapons.  I have included the reasons in the readme.  After the initial release if I continue the US Military Mod I would attempt to make my own high quality, accurate and realistic weapons pack.

• Like 2

Will not using CUP infringe on the ability to use the mod solely for the gear and not for the editor units?

You can use the gear without CUP.  I'm including a long list of all the uniforms, hats, helmets, backpacks and vests.  The CUP dependency shouldn't give any errors as long as you don't use the editor units.

• Like 3

Thank you. For those who intend on using your mod without CUP, is it possible that, if you decide to have it put on playwithsix, you don't have CUP as a playwithsix dependency? As under the usual dependency system playwithsix uses, it will automatically download and keep updated all requirements, which will certainly be a pain for small non-CUP  communities like my own.

I'm happy with CUP in any case, but will the config be placed in its own .PBO for ease of community-created alternatives? :)

• Like 3

Glad to hear I can use this in the Arsenal without CUP... I am mostly looking to recreate 2003 Iraq so RHS works fine. Looking forward to release soon! Do you have a full feature list somewhere? Can you post one?

In first, I'm so apologize about my comment, I'm not English speaker and my phrase don't mean the same in my mind... Sorry Delta Hawk and sorry Bohemia community.

In second, thanks for answer my "bad explained" question, it's a really good new your response.

A salute (and sorry).

I'm not meaning to sound like I'm lamenting over the CUP requirement (it's something we use either way), but couldn't RHS offer a great base? Of course, it's a hefty requirement, but one a lot of people will be using either way... although surely you already considered this.

I couldn't help but think it would be a very good match, having looked at your firearms list in the first post and knowing they use your humvees. Surely, there's only going to be more common vehicles in the future?

Edit: but then again, I realize it could complicate things as it lacks content that is present in CUP.

I'm not meaning to sound like I'm lamenting over the CUP requirement (it's something we use either way), but couldn't RHS offer a great base? Of course, it's a hefty requirement, but one a lot of people will be using either way... although surely you already considered this.

I couldn't help but think it would be a very good match, having looked at your firearms list in the first post and knowing they use your humvees. Surely, there's only going to be more common vehicles in the future?

Edit: but then again, I realize it could complicate things as it lacks content that is present in CUP.

It's an 80s 90s mod, so I'd disagree that RHS - a mod that represents gear and equipment from the present - would offer a great base at all. It wouldn't even go so far as to provide the most common rifles that most of the units would equip.

• Like 1

It's an 80s 90s mod, so I'd disagree that RHS - a mod that represents gear and equipment from the present - would offer a great base at all. It wouldn't even go so far as to provide the most common rifles that most of the units would equip.

That's fair, but CUP provides a lot of non-relevant content too. What about eg. the M4 and M4A1, M249s, M240s, pistols, grenades and several launchers? Admittedly I don't know much about the details, but there are many designations in the OP list that exist in RHS.

But yeah, I realize that it might just complicate things, since other content is missing.

Edited by beaar

Again, I have thought about all my options and I came to the conclusion CUP is the best option.  There's many good and valid reasons why this is but probably the one reason that's ironically least important but speaks volumes on the issue is simply no matter what weapon pack I choose, whether it's RHS, CUP, HLC or RH, people will still want to use what ever weapons that they want to.  These people usually can not be satisfied no matter what.  They'll change them to what ever they want and I know this because I do the same thing with the mods I play with, including my own mod ironically :P  So I have to do what is in the best interest of the community as a whole and my mod.  Also, all my beta testers have reported CUP isn't too much of a distraction.

I'm happy with CUP in any case, but will the config be placed in its own .PBO for ease of community-created alternatives? :)

I'll explore that option however I do not want people to open the PBOs.  The readme will also includes the unit classes, equipment, vests, helmets, hats .etc so all a person would have to do is make their own addon and simply assign them the gear they want.  This should not require opening the mod's PBOs.

Thank you. For those who intend on using your mod without CUP, is it possible that, if you decide to have it put on playwithsix, you don't have CUP as a playwithsix dependency? As under the usual dependency system playwithsix uses, it will automatically download and keep updated all requirements, which will certainly be a pain for small non-CUP  communities like my own.

I don't have plans for a playwithsix release right now but that's something I'll look into early January.

In first, I'm so apologize about my comment, I'm not English speaker and my phrase don't mean the same in my mind... Sorry Delta Hawk and sorry Bohemia community.

In second, thanks for answer my "bad explained" question, it's a really good new your response.

A salute (and sorry).

No problem.  You're new to the community.  By the way, welcome to the community!

• Like 2

I'll explore that option however I do not want people to open the PBOs.  The readme will also includes the unit classes, equipment, vests, helmets, hats .etc so all a person would have to do is make their own addon and simply assign them the gear they want.  This should not require opening the mod's PBOs.

Cool beans - noone shouldn't need to open any of your PBOs if that info is provided. :)

• Like 1