Delta Hawk

US Military Mod (80s 90s)

At the end of the day, do what you believe is the best decision. Its your addon/mod at the end of the day ;)

True.  My original idea is to release it with CUP and then make my own weapon pack with weapons donated by the community.  I'm now looking at forgoing using CUP and sourcing the weapons now.

I do have good reasons to use CUP.  Yes, it's low quality compare to other weapon packs, however they have many assets that would come into play with special forces.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/usm_arma3_1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/usm_arma3_2.jpg

Also, as another teaser, while I'm working on the straight port I'm also working on upgrading my work to ArmA3 standards.  This is my upgraded Battle Dress Uniform (BDU).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/usm_arma3_3.jpg

• Like 6

Perhaps CUP weapons + donated stuff not present in CUP like M21, 249 gen 1 and bare-bones Pig?

Edit: just got from a short film shoot that had dudes running similar BDU + LC2 + LBV setups as seen in your last screenshots - epic stuff!  B)

How about releasing the gear standalone without the configured and weapon equipped units in the editor? So that u would have one addon that would add all the equipment as well as pre configured units and squads to editor with the weapons and dependencies of your choice and a second addon that would only give us the gear to equip the units ourselves. :)

Why can I never get M81 to look that good!

Why not use the weapons from CUP but offer a download that only includes the weapons required for this mod. Like how the ACR mod has done it.

So that those that already use CUP don't need do download anything extra for the weapons, but those that don't use CUP only need to download a small pack of only the required weapons.

@delta hawk you could also release something like lite version of CUP weapons eg. as I did with ACR_A3 - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28424 it has only the weapons related to ACR, otherwise it's CUP Weapons without some pbos and with one compatible config.

So people can choose to use full CUP Weapons or lite version that is specific only for the mod. ;)

EDIT: Well never mind, seems @SilEighty got that idea first :D

Also, as another teaser, while I'm working on the straight port I'm also working on upgrading my work to ArmA3 standards.  This is my upgraded Battle Dress Uniform (BDU).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28808032/pictures/usm_arma3_3.jpg

Looks great and has the well worn aesthetic that really makes it pop and authentic.

If you can make the USMC 8 point cover then that pic will look like me from 1998 lol.

Would love to see someone do the old CUCVs at some point too, they were obscure some places but there wasn't a base that I didn't see at least one putting around.

do you have a paypal? i'd like to donate to support this project

Looks great and has the well worn aesthetic that really makes it pop and authentic.

If you can make the USMC 8 point cover then that pic will look like me from 1998 lol.

Would love to see someone do the old CUCVs at some point too, they were obscure some places but there wasn't a base that I didn't see at least one putting around.

Those goddamm good old Panama boots, I can't wait for this mod to be out!

I always especially like comments like this.  I would love to make CUCVs just because they seem unique, but vehicles right now are taking a back seat to my characters.

I'm continuously looking into the idea of making my own weapons pack with assets donated by the community.  If you are interested in donating to my mod, please let me know.  I'm going to post a list later with the many different firearms I'll need so you all can have an idea of what I need.

• Like 1

Awesome work there DH! The units look awesome in A3.

Is that weapons pack I send you a while ago of any use anymore?

There's always CUP weapons pack, it's fairly popular, has 80's equipment and 100,000 muppets on steam already have it. But your own bundled is always better. Also if you want a hand with testing anything let me know.

Just wanted to let you know delta hawk, that this sounds absolutely wonderful. I have always been a fan of the 80's and 90's US Army stuff, and would hate to see this project fade. Your Arma2 mod was one of my favorites and this is exactly what Arma3 needs. It would most definitely get a special place in my Arma3 folder. Making a large addon/mod is difficult and time consuming (I know), but always remember that there are eager fans waiting for the next release. Keep it up, it's looking awesome so far!

• Like 2

can't wait your awesome mod.
If you will use CUP weapons, you can also add replacement config for HLC and RH weapons packs as an addition - they are very popular too.

Hey man i really hope you are making some desert camo uniforms too. I'd like to make a blackhawk down scenario after this comes out!

Yeah jordan i've seen this thats where i got the idea from. I only need this mod and the 160th SOAR mod to come out. Then the perfect black hawk down scenario will be made. I didn't ask for a terrain i asked for a uniform.

This will go well with Firewills F14 and some of the older Russian equipment RHS added 

Hey Delta Hawk are you going to add air force units in like Ground Crews, Security Forces and Pilots? That make my day. Great mod by the way loved it in arma 2 cant wait for it in arma 3!

RHS use more modern vehicles few only could be ok, also I think it is better to stay out of dependency and use optional pbo