Delta Hawk

US Military Mod (80s 90s)

USM_ARMA3_logo.jpg

I'm very excited to inform the ArmA community that for past few months I have been porting over my US Military Mod to ArmA3. If you're not familiar with my ArmA 2 release, the US Military Mod is a high quality and accurate representation of United States military personnel from the late 1980s to the mid 1990s.

So far the porting process has been very interesting to say the least. How I originally modeled my characters for ArmA2 has it's advantages and disadvantages. All the 3d meshes for the equipment, vests and uniforms are separate, so for the most part, it's relatively easy to port them over for the new equipment system. Unfortunately, it's just about totally incompatible with the rest of ArmA3 as there is a lot of clipping issues. That means I would have to redo about 90% of my characters. :[

With that being said, the first phase of this project will be a straight port with some additions, with a release probably sometime in early fall. Depending on how that goes, I will either decide to end public development and move on to other stuff or continue with the new direction I'd like to take the US Military Mod.

Some things to look forward to with the straight port is a wide selection of uniforms and gear from the 80s and 90s. My mod will require Community Upgrade Project since this is the only weapons pack I know of that has 90% of the weapons I need. I'm not going to include the 80s units, however the gear will still be available for 80s missions. I don't know if I'm going to port over my HMMWVs and other vehicles simply because I don't want to fight with ArmA3 porting them over and I already have a long list of stuff to do but we'll see.

Because of the community's wish to use higher quality weapons I've decided to source donations to build my own weapon pack.  The biggest advantage of this will be universally compatible ammo and attachments, proper attention to uniform quality, realism and accuracy and of course not being required to download separate weapon packs or .PBO with different config files.  If you wish to donate 3d models or help get them in game, please feel free to let me know via PM.

*High priority
PISTOLS
M9*
M1911*
Smith & Wesson Model 15*
MK23

SUB-MACHINE GUNS
Mp5A3*
Mp5-N
Mp5SD6*
Mp5K-PDW

RIFLES
M16E1
M16A1
M16A2*

M14

CARBINES
Colt M727*
Colt Model 609 XM177E1*
Colt XM177GAU-5/A
Colt M733

M4 (1st Gen SOPMOD)
M4A1 (1st Gen SOPMOD)

SNIPER RIFLES
M21

M40*
M24*
M81A1*

MACHINE GUNS
FN Mini
M249 SAW*
M249E2 SAW
M249 Para*
M249 SPW

M60*
M60E3
M60A4
T&E & Tripod*

FN Mag
M240G*
M240B
T&E and Tripod*

MK19
T&E and Tripod

M2
T&E and Tripod

GRENADES
M67 Hand Grenade*
M26 Frag
MK3 offense
AN/M14 incendiary
AN/M8 Smoke*
M18*
M34 Willy pete
M85 stun
M7 CS Gas
Model 7290

Satchel charge
M18A1 Claymore

LAUNCHERS
M47 Dragon*
FGM-148 Javelin*
M136 AT-4*
M72 LAW*
Carl Gustaf
FIM-92A Stinger*
FIM-43 Redeye
M79
Mk 153 Mod 0 SMAW

Includes period accurate weapon attachments.
Appropriate weapons should have the ability to hold over the sights for CQB.
All common ammo must be compatible with appropriate weapons.

USM_ARMA3_small.jpg

• Like 27

Best American units on Arma 2 in Arma 3. With each passing day this game is starting to look better. :rolleyes:

Fantastic news :D, I am really looking forward to this! This was one of the best Arma 2 mods and now to see it coming to Arma 3 is glorious news :D!

This is awesome news, absolutely loved your stuff in A2. Look forward to it mate.

Amazing news! Although Im not very happy about the CUP dependency. Would love to see a separate gear addon which would let ppl choose which weapon pack they wanna use with the units as CUP isnt the best quality thing yet...

I'm really fan of your work (tho unfortunately I don't like the CUP requirement much) :)

I think a good measure (on quality sake) would be to have optional replacement addons, so if someone want to keep simple, use the mod as it is - with CUP - but if he preferers eye candies, could use Robert Hammers M16/M4 pack (it has from AR10 and M16A1 to M4A6s) and HLC (M60s, M14s/M21 and M249s) and TF Launchers (the best At-4s/SWAWs/Carl Gustaf launchers there is)

I know it is no easy config job, but that´s the best looking/functional/animated packs there is for 80/90s US Army gear there is =D

Cheers!

• Like 1

Great to see these coming over to Arma3, and just to be different i am happy to see other addon makers supporting the excellent work done by the CUP team. Although the weapon pack may be not to everyone's liking it is every weapon ported from A2 which is no easy thing to undertake and in time the quality will be increased. But if other member of the forum don't like the weapons, a replacement config or optional config would only need to be created - not too difficult ;)

will the AN/PRC-77 be compatibly with Task Force Radio?

As long as TFR isn't a dependency.

I'm actually surprise by the CUP issue.  I realize CUP isn't exactly eye candy but ya'll apparently feel very strongly about the issue.   Unfortunately my options are limited.  CUP does have 90% of most of the weapons I need, including Javelins and Stingers.  I can require a bunch of high quality weapons packs, which is a huge inconvenience for some people which I really want to avoid.  I could release config upgrades, which will cause compatibility issues for people with different configs.  Or, which is really what I want to do, I can source assets and create my own weapons pack, but that'll require people donating their work and making necessary modifications to ensure the accuracy and realism that has always been my goal.

As long as TFR isn't a dependency.

well you could make an optional pbo that enable it to work with TFR

This makes me super happy. Your unit pack was definately one of my favorite mods for Arma 2 period. I would personally prefer to have the option to grab the units without era-realistic weapons at all rather than have such a large depencency as CUP which isn't exactly on par with the quality you provide yourself.

Looking forward to updates!

This will always be a problem, I have great hopes for CUP and maybe now it is not the best you can get, but it is solid work. Optional pbo is best solution for most people I gues. For me CUP is good idea.

As for TFR I would be nice if your mod could work with TFR.

Just release it with CUP and let people make their own optional PBOs for stuff like RH and Toadies weapons etc

Great news. I hoped you'd get around to doing this, as I had already stopped playing A2 when your units were first released.

To be clear: this first release will not include 80s units in the editor, but will include 80s uniforms and gear?

Awesome! So goddamn excited you finally got these assets in A3. Thank you!

Great news.  Will you include chocolate chip and 3 color DCU like the A2 mod?  Also CUP is planing a vehicle pack, but your HMMWVs were the best. 

How about a ppp ppp patton? If Wikipedia is to be believed they where in service up until 1997, As engineer variants I assume but maybe in the 80's it was used. Sorry if I have my dates wrong, US was bringing in the Abrams.

m60a3_06_of_69.jpg

Great news. I hoped you'd get around to doing this, as I had already stopped playing A2 when your units were first released.

To be clear: this first release will not include 80s units in the editor, but will include 80s uniforms and gear?

Just about all the equipment in my mod will work for mid to late 80s all the way up to very early 2000s.  I'm just not going to include 80s units because it's almost an unnecessary redundancy.  I might include specific units like Desert Storm though.

Great news.  Will you include chocolate chip and 3 color DCU like the A2 mod?  Also CUP is planing a vehicle pack, but your HMMWVs were the best. 

Confirmed BDUs will be Woodland, Desert (Chocolate Chip) and DCU, all with Army and Marine corps variants with rolled sleeves.  I'll also include Urban, Olive Drab, Black, Navy Blue, and hopefully Tiger Stripe if I can find a good, high quality pattern.  I'm not sure how I'm going to get the patches to work though.

How about a ppp ppp patton? If Wikipedia is to be believed they where in service up until 1997, As engineer variants I assume but maybe in the 80's it was used. Sorry if I have my dates wrong, US was bringing in the Abrams.

The Marine Corps has used them for a long time.  I can't do vehicles right now because I'm kind of sick of always fighting with ArmA to make stuff work.  But there is one individual who would like to make a M60 if you convince him.

Oh, my favorite unit mod in A2. Super excited for the A3 port.

RE weapons: perhaps PBOs to choose from like CUP and HLC (latter having M60 and gen1 249)

Vilas was going to port his work to A3 but seems that's out of the question now.