spad

DUNE mod V1.0

I'm back from holidays, shall i test the mod now or wait for the next version ?

no, you can test now it's works. next version will be the campaign part 2 that's all

So, i've played through the campaign (not finished yet), i've got a few error messages, without much conséquences though :

A new hope : missing "sardaukarinf"

Resistance : missing "harkonnentank"

The sardaukar gatling gun got a texture problem (becomes white on the second or third res lod).

In the mission "a new enemy", the second objective isn't ticked, no matter what i do (even if the third one is ticked).

The resistance mission doesn't end, (probably some naughty enemy hiding somewhere). When your objective is to get rid of enemies, you shouldn't use "not present" triggers, cause an enemy can hide somewhere, it's better to use something like :

count thislist < 5

I like this mod very much, i'm completely immersed in the Dune atmosphere, and the vehicles are very creative (the only thing i know from Dune is the movie itself).

When i see the hundreds of ArmA3 life/whatever survival mods in ArmA3, i'm not surprised to enjoy playing OFP mods that much :)

So, i've played through the campaign (not finished yet), i've got a few error messages, without much conséquences though :

A new hope : missing "sardaukarinf"

Resistance : missing "harkonnentank"

The sardaukar gatling gun got a texture problem (becomes white on the second or third res lod).

In the mission "a new enemy", the second objective isn't ticked, no matter what i do (even if the third one is ticked).

The resistance mission doesn't end, (probably some naughty enemy hiding somewhere). When your objective is to get rid of enemies, you shouldn't use "not present" triggers, cause an enemy can hide somewhere, it's better to use something like :

count thislist < 5

for the mission i just have to add a line for the missing addon, not difficult but i always don't inderstand why some addon in the editor don't appear in the single mission.cfg

for the ending you have right the count this list will be better to avoid hidden unit impossible to kill and for the objective i certainly forget a trigger or something like that

i will check the sardaukar flash effect to see what is wrong, have you DL this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjwwgjv9zpe9gs0/AddOns.rar?dl=0 for the sardaukar ?

thanks for comment and report ProfT  :)

Well nope i didn't download that file. But it wasn't a flash effect, more a missing texture of the weapon itself.

for the mission i just have to add a line for the missing addon, not difficult but i always don't inderstand why some addon in the editor don't appear in the single mission.cfg

for the ending you have right the count this list will be better to avoid hidden unit impossible to kill and for the objective i certainly forget a trigger or something like that

i will check the sardaukar flash effect to see what is wrong, have you DL this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjwwgjv9zpe9gs0/AddOns.rar?dl=0 for the sardaukar ?

thanks for comment and report ProfT  :)

I put this there instead of PM as i think it could be useful for people making their addon config :

I gave a look to the sardaukar config.cpp

You have

class CfgPatches
{
    class Sardaukarinf
    {
        units[] = {Sard1,Sard2};
        weapons[] = {};
        requiredVersion = 1.30;
    };
};

But you have 2 unit class that are in the config but aren't defined in cfgpatch :

class Sard3 : Sard1

class Sard4 : Sard1

Then there's the matter of using "" or not, never 100% sure of what should be used, but i always put "" personnally in my configs.

Additionally, you have custom weapons for your units , but you haven't defined the requiredaddon section in the cfgpatch that mention the addon of those weapon

Those weapons used are HAgatl and HAlaser, both coming from the config in HAgun.pbo, the cfgpatch section is class Harkonnenrifle, so you need a requiredaddon entry for Harkonnenrifle

For the requiredaddon (that is missing from your cfgpatch) i usually add the default BIS addons there, probably not all of them are required but since i have done that, i never had any cfg problems anymore, in case one of the class defined in the addon is inheriting from one of those :

"BIS_Resistance","BIS_WeaponPack","LaserGuided","6G30","Kozlice","G36A","MM1","Steyr","Bizon","XMS"

A correct CfgPatch for the sardaukar should be :

class CfgPatches
{
    class Sardaukarinf
    {
        units[] = {"Sard1","Sard2","Sard3","Sard4"};
        weapons[] = {};
        requiredAddons[]= {"BIS_Resistance","BIS_WeaponPack","LaserGuided","6G30","Kozlice","G36A","MM1","Steyr","Bizon","XMS","Harkonnenrifle"};
        requiredVersion = 1.30;
    };
};

And while looking at the HAgun.pbo config i see

class CfgPatches
{
    class Harkonnenrifle
    {
        units[]={};
        weapons[]={HArifle};
        requiredVersion=1.99;
        requiredAddons[]= {};

};
};

The requiredversion is too high, as it has no special CWA-only script command, 1.85 should be good enough ( OFP max version is 1.96 , with 1.99 OFP can't use that addon, only CWA)

There should be some requiredaddon pointing to the BIS stuff too, just in case one of your weapon inherit from a BIS class and you forgot to add the other weapons defined by it ( HAgatl HAlauncher HAlaser) , so it should be :

class CfgPatches
{
    class Harkonnenrifle
    {
        units[]={};
        weapons[]={"HArifle","HAgatl","HAlauncher","HAlaser"};
        requiredVersion=1.85;
        requiredAddons[]= {"BIS_Resistance","BIS_WeaponPack","LaserGuided","6G30","Kozlice","G36A","MM1","Steyr","Bizon","XMS"};

};
};

I have not checked more PBO but i imagine they are probably running into the same problems (that would surely prevent any MP, servers are very sensitive to bad Cfgpatches and missions own addon requirement going wrong), be sure to give a look.

you have done it again sancturay, that's the solution, thanks, i will write some config to avoid such problem.

thanks man :)

Sanctuary: the harvester don't move when AI drive it, it only turn and i  don't know why, too big land vehicle ??

There is a big ship carry a spice miner but why can't detach it?

it's because you can't :) , for the harvester you have to use the ground variant only, no script for pick up but maybe one day ....

a little addition to correct some campaign, mission bug and some sardaukar texture bugs, the harvester moving now (thanks sanctuary) and i add a new fighter for the sardaukar and a stealth soldier for the sardaukar (invisible) for commando mission, the weapon of the sardaukar is corrected for the texture bug and the flash effect of the AA turret.

just copy this files instead of the old one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zd5xcv15639u25/DUNEV11.rar?dl=0

• Like 2

Damn , from 2001 , just a good game that has military thing
To this , wow nice job

Oomar, Heks : thanks men :)

haven't tried this yet, but thanks for making it anyway. it's so interesting to see dune in this game. i love it.

i remember playing emperor battle for dune as a kid and wondering what it would be like to be on the ground fighting.

hope one day we can figure out how to script in some worms.