On 7/6/2018 at 3:49 AM, nomisum said:

@falcon911 please take this fixed/rewritten version 1.2

@foxhound could you remove the installation/code instructions from armaholic? they are not up to date anymore (in this thread OP they are). you might also exchange the uploaded 1.1 with attached 1.2. thanks!

https://we.tl/pX9OAcv3jy

this is awesome! how to make the firework keep firing continuously until the player stop it 

4 hours ago, JURAGAN said:

this is awesome! how to make the firework keep firing continuously until the player stop it 

Add your own action to an object and start a loop that calls the fireworks repeatedly.

Its a great first task to get started with scripting 🙂

7 hours ago, nomisum said:

Add your own action to an object and start a loop that calls the fireworks repeatedly.

Its a great first task to get started with scripting 🙂

thanks @nomisum for the fast reply! Do you have the scipt for that ? sorry , im a noobs here.. 🙂

Hi @nomisum,

that script looks amazing especial when successful finished missions.

May you have a possibillity to share again since Armaholic is RIP?

Thanks a lot und "Schönen Gruß an die Adler" 🙂

4 hours ago, SirBassi said:

Hi @nomisum,

that script looks amazing especial when successful finished missions.

May you have a possibillity to share again since Armaholic is RIP?

Thanks a lot und "Schönen Gruß an die Adler" 🙂

Sure, like most of anything our community creates it now lives on GitHub.

https://github.com/gruppe-adler/grad-fireworks.Stratis

Be aware I have no idea if it still works, didnt try in a long time.

• Thanks 1

Hi @nomisum,

I am starting now to implend your amazing script in a SOG Mike Force Mission.

Short question just before I start and that I am doing no mistake:

In your Github Version there ist no

cfgsounds.hpp and

cfgfunctions.hpp as descriped here on your opening post, right?

The cfg sounds I can fill in like your github description.ext from your sample mission. But how about the functions?

Inside of the grad.firewords Folder I find no .hpp Files which I can include in description.ext.

Thanks a lot for your support.

this github version is just not integrated in armas function library. you should look into init.sqf to see that it is manually compiled there and also the addAction which starts the function is applied there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SirBassi said:

Hi @nomisum,

The cfg sounds I can fill in like your github description.ext from your sample mission. But how about the functions?

Inside of the grad.firewords Folder I find no .hpp Files which I can include in description.ext.

1 hour ago, sarogahtyp said:

this github version is just not integrated in armas function library. you should look into init.sqf to see that it is manually compiled there and also the addAction which starts the function is applied there.

sarogah already explained quite well 🙂

note this script is quite old, it still uses e.g. the deprecated bis_fnc_mp

i currently have no intention of rewriting, should still work anyway. just a heads up not to take that code structure as a good example for anything, hehe.

• Like 1

Hi, thank you for replying even if you are not currently active in Arma Scripting. Many Thanks.

So on the Eden Selfhost server I get the rockets fired via console. It doesn't work on the dedicated. And the addaction unfortunately also triggers errors fireworks.sqf line 30.

But the sample call would be enough. In the same way, unfortunately, I can't get the sounds to work, even though I've recreated the file structure exactly in my description.ext.

There is also a good core fireworks script by Alias but yours has so much smoother animations. And performance because of the MP command is not critical. I'm just planning a small conclusion after almost 20 Mike Force missions for the players with a small in-game video and fireworks afterwards. And of course it would be nice.

Do you mean, without wanting to demand anything in any way, that you could upload your last version here from the forum again? I think I would do a lot easier with the installation then the Github Version. I'm a script beginner but a lot of things are understandable and through trial and error and reading a lot in the wiki it will be fine.

But just the sounds would be helpful. Maybe you see an opportunity there. If not absolutely no problem, as I said, I'm grateful for the feedback alone.

I rewrote the Github version to current standards (hopefully), simplified some calculations, randomised a bit more and fixed the sound problem.

The Github version also had a logical bug with remote execution that caused server-side stuff to run on the clients - I fixed that and rewrote it to remoteExec usage.

Function Library integration is NOT done.

Example mission download

The important, edited files in there are:

init.sqf - shows script usage

callFireworks.sqf - server side calculations

fireworks.sqf - client side calculations and local spawning stuff

mission.sqm - main mission file, i edited the triggers on activation code there

This is currently not tested in Multiplayer environment but should work there.

@nomisum maybe you want to provide the download link in your first post. but do what you want with it - its all your work, I just reformatted it a bit 😉

• Thanks 1

Wow @sarogat, your surprising and catching me.

Bear with me that the last office hours will run over and I can test it.

I let you know and "Vielen Dank :-)"

• Like 1

Hello,

I tested the changes the last two evenings and everything worked wonderfully in the self-hosted multiplayer, including the sounds that are now working. But it hasn't worked on the Dedicated yet. Had also tried with additional remoteExec. Will try again this weekend with the example mission. My tests were all via console because I will then start my final script.

On 7/8/2022 at 3:19 PM, SirBassi said:

Hello,

I tested the changes the last two evenings and everything worked wonderfully in the self-hosted multiplayer, including the sounds that are now working. But it hasn't worked on the Dedicated yet. Had also tried with additional remoteExec. Will try again this weekend with the example mission. My tests were all via console because I will then start my final script.

Hey, sorry I didnt check forums for some time.

@sarogahtyp I unarchived the repo and added your code, minus the SQM as it was binarized and I dont have access to my PC right now to see what changed. This also means any change is untested 😄 Updated the old SQM with the news calls.

I also changed the way you executed remoteExec (why not calling the fnc directly?). No idea if this is what caused @SirBassi s problems though. Maybe he can try again with my changes added. I also pondered if remoteExec restrictions might play a role. If your server or mission has cfgRemoteExec configured @SirBassi you might need to add the function names to it (read more here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_CfgRemoteExec). I could help if that is the case.

Function names are now: 

GRAD_fnc_callFireworksServer

GRAD_fnc_callFireworksClient

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@nomisum You made my Day!  You should have seen how I just grinned at the screen as everything worked on the Dedicated and mentally running my rest of the code I'm planning for our final mission.

So confirmed. Script works in SP, MP and Dedicated.

A big thank you also to you, dear @sarogahtyp, for helping to "revive" and supporting this ingenious script. You both are the reason I love the Arma community. Cohesion, support and exchange of knowledge even for a beginner like me and that from a veteran who is actually not actively playing Arma when I really read it out.

Phenomenal and I can only recommend anyone planning a special small event for their community to use this script.

"Vielen, vielen Dank Euch Beiden!" (Big thanks in german words)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SirBassi said:

@nomisum You made my Day!  You should have seen how I just grinned at the screen as everything worked on the Dedicated and mentally running my rest of the code I'm planning for our final mission.

So confirmed. Script works in SP, MP and Dedicated.

Great! Good to know and glad it worked out in the end. I learned a lot more in the arma community than I could ever give back 😄