Makad

Failed to open object builder

I have a big problem here when opening Object Builder Tools Weapon 3 closes and does not open object builder.exe

I appreciate all the help to correct this error

When I open the P: \ have this error: 

P:\ObjectBuilder\ObjectBuilder.exe

The application failed to start due to incorrect side by side configuration. See the Application event log or use the sxstrace.exe command-line tool for more information.

:unsure: Help...

"Object Builder Tools Weapon 3" << I'm not sure to understand exactly what is that. Does that mean you tried to open a Weapon model directly from the p3d file?

Have you run the tools from Steam? (it's the only way to install it and setup the dependencies)

Could you, please, run a test of the local content? (Steam Library >> Tools >> Arma 3 Tools >> Properties >> Local files >> Verify Integrity of game cache)

"Object Builder Tools Weapon 3" << I'm not sure to understand exactly what is that. Does that mean you tried to open a Weapon model directly from the p3d file?

Have you run the tools from Steam? (it's the only way to install it and setup the dependencies)

Could you, please, run a test of the local content? (Steam Library >> Tools >> Arma 3 Tools >> Properties >> Local files >> Verify Integrity of game cache)

I'm not trying to open P3D model.
I'm trying to open only object Builder.
I found that for error in sxstrace.exe is necessary to install these:

Obs.:
Fixed the problem of the Object builder.
But now it is not possible to mount P: \

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Instalador da Web)

• Like 1

How did you guys resolve this? I got this same issue when installing tools on a new PC.

• Like 1

For me its not opening at all, no error, nothing. I tried via a3 tools - a3 tools menu i sclosing, nothing happen, if i try through Object builder, there is error :"The application failed to start due to incorrect side by side configuration. See the Application event log or use the sxstrace.exe command-line tool for more information.".........

I have mounted P drive and it opened, but can open desired model - editor is crashing.

To all that is here, I have found the fix.  In other click on project drive management, then click mount the work drive (P) click run, then click install Buldozer, click run, then click close and BOOM you are up and runnin.

• Like 1

I have a problem with Object Builder and it starts when I open the tool UV it appears open but I can't see it, any solution to this problem?

click on it in the task bar and hit maximize

same problem trying to help a team-mate out

he has windows 10 64 bit pro, clean install

i logged in with teamviewer to his PC, and:

- working P drive with extracted game data

- working buldozer (can open it by double clicking the icon)

- working addonmaker

but object builder says same error as other people - side-by-side config incorrect

P0kKEwe.jpg

it seems to be that windows 10 64 bit pro is MISSING some libraries that object builder needs

we have upgraded his visual c++ and .NET to include older versions etc bit still get this fatal error

this came from a systrace we ran

INFO: Begin assembly probing.
    INFO: Did not find the assembly in WinSxS.
    INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.CRT\8.0.50727.6195__1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.DLL.
    INFO: Did not find manifest for culture Neutral.

//etc etc

INFO: Begin assembly probing.
    INFO: Did not find the assembly in WinSxS.
    INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\8.0.50727.6195__1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.DLL.
    INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.DLL.
    INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.MANIFEST.
    INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.DLL.
    INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.MANIFEST.
    INFO: Did not find manifest for culture Neutral.

can anyone help please?

thanks

ok from what i understand it is unfixable for windows 10 64.

we are going to try to workaround it by running a 32 bit virtual machine.

will feed back results.

• Like 1

yes 32 bit works fine. so if you have these problems with your tools revert to 32 bit using virtual machine - likely on win 8 /10

Could you, please, give me the versions of the VC++ 2005 redist you have installed on the machine where it doesn't work?

For example, I currently have the followings:

MSVC_Redist_home.jpg

• Like 1

so ops you're missing:

maybe see if it's possible to manually install them?

from what i recall of our tests, windows prevented you from doing it due to already existing later versions right?

i guess you could uninstall them back to the version you wish to add, then add it, then slowly add them all back until they match Julien's installation.

10 hours ago, Tom_48_97 ☠ said:

For Object Builder, the versions 8.X are the most important. Could you, please, try to install this one and retest?

5 hours ago, eggbeast said:

willdo thanks

Tom, that did not work on the original system it still fails with the same side by side configuration error.