Sign in to follow this  
thedubl

Mulitplayer: Support Modules (helicopter transport)

Hello, I have a question. I saw in the forums that people were having issues with the support modules specfically helicopter transport in mulitplayer coop's on a dedicated servers (support/bug ticket was opened and fixed supposedly). I am having  the same issue. Here is the problem. I set the up the request, support helicopter transport module, and playable players. Sync it all up. When I am in preview (as player) the I can call support transport  and all works well. When I place the mission on the server however, I call the support and the chopper never moves from the base to the selected position. Any ideas why this is happening? Is it because I using player in editor and playable player in MP? I am open to other options to accomplish support transports. Any suggestions would be great! This is my last bit to finish the mission! I am new the editing and scritping in Arma 3 so please be patient if I ask a noob question.

Thanks!

thedubl

Find the server and join the fun once it is public!

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/173.234.159.34:2366

I got this working on initial loading of the server. If you leave and come back you do not have the support options. If more the one player joins one person has the support option even though all palyableunits are sync to the requestor. Any ideas?

dubl

Hello, Sorry, Noob here. I am assuming you are telling me to create a initPlayerLocal.sqf file and have a exec in the int. What would I place in the initPlayerLocal.sqf? Thanks for you reply and assistance!

dubl

if ((typeOf player) == "supportcall_allowed_classname_unit") then  {

player synchronizeObjectsAdd [requestor];
BIS_supp_refresh = TRUE;

};

• Like 1

DaVidoSS, Thanks for all the help! Okay, so to be clear. I will add the execVM "initPlayerLocal.sqf"; in my init.sqf. Create my initPlayerLocal.sqf and place the player synchronizeObjectsAdd [requestor];BIS_supp_refresh = TRUE; within that file. Are there any other steps that need to be taken?

dubl

no need to specially execute initPlayerLocal.sqf ,arma  does it  automatically

Ok, I made the changes and I am uploading and trying out the mission support calls now.

Thanks,

dubl

DaVidoSS, Again, thanks for the help, but I am still having the same problem. I must be doing something wrong... should i have the type playableunits instead of player? idk.

I should also add that I do not have the requestor sync to game logic. Should it be sync?

dubl

I'm having a similar issue. I have a MP coop mission where the mission leader has virtual artillery and transportation available, but loses it when he dies or leaves server. Is there a way to do this through initialization using mission-added request modules?

Player name: MissionLeader

Support Requester name: LeaderRequester

Arty Requester name: VirtualArty

Transport Requester name: VirtualTransport

mikeap, I believe with DaVidoss help i figured it out. Try this your initPlayerLocal.sqf file. Sorry updated...

if ((typeOf player) == "MissionLeader") then  {

player synchronizeObjectsAdd [LeaderRequester];
BIS_supp_refresh = TRUE;

};

Dubl

• Like 1

DaVidoss, Thanks! I have it now working! Please join us sometime! Thanks again!

dubl

mikeap, I believe with DaVidoss help i figured it out. Try this your initPlayerLocal.sqf file. Sorry updated...

BIS_supp_refresh = TRUE;

};

Dubl

It looks like this works. Thank you!

Edit - Didnt work. When I exited the server and rejoined i didnt have the options for support. 

I spoke too soon. Doesnt work. 

Where do I put the code to initialize? I put it in the units init. 

Create the initPlayerLocal.sqf  in your mission folder. Drop that bit of code in the initPlayerLocal.sqf. That is it. As DaVidoss mentioned the code is executed automatically when a client connects to the server or host. It is working great om my server.

Try commenting out the conditional statement and see if it works. Then you know it is about tweaking the conditional statement.

//if ((typeOf player) == "MissionLeader") then  {

BIS_supp_refresh = TRUE;

//    };

Also, might not be the problem, but make sure you modules are not grouped, but only synced.

dubl

Create the initPlayerLocal.sqf  in your mission folder. Drop that bit of code in the initPlayerLocal.sqf. That is it. 

Do I have to initialize it in the init.sqf? Nevermind. I read the above post.

Still not working. My unit name is MissionLeader. Could that have anything to do with the code?  

Also, might not be the problem, but make sure you modules are not grouped, but only synced.

Do I still have to sync the requester module to the player?

Yes, I think the conditional if statement is the issue. Comment it out in the initPlayerLocal.sqf to test. Yes, you need to have the player sync to the requester and the requester sync to the support modules.

Replace the initPlayerLocal.sqf with this to test. This will let anyone who is sync have access to support calls. If that works then it is the is statement.

//if ((typeOf player) == "MissionLeader") then  {

BIS_supp_refresh = TRUE;

//    };

You should be able to respawn and leave and still have the support available.

typeOf player is not the player name.

I wrote   if ((typeOf player) == "supportcall_allowed_classname_unit") then  {};

This is class name of unit putted in editor.

for eg;  B_medic_F

• Like 1

Man... I am not sure why I did not see that. Thanks again DaVIdoSS for pointing that out!

The class names are top right corner of the unit editor or in the mission.sqf. Mikeap... in your case the squad leader is "B_Soldier_SL_F" if it is a squad leader.

if ((typeOf player) == "B_Soldier_SL_F") then  {

BIS_supp_refresh = TRUE;

};

dubl

DaVidoss, Thanks! I have it now working! Please join us sometime! Thanks again!

dubl

Where i should to join.??

Sent you a message with the info. Few more things to get ironed out, but have at it. We usually get on later in the evenings EST.

if ((typeOf player) == "B_Soldier_SL_F") then  {

BIS_supp_refresh = TRUE;

};

Thanks I'll give this a go. 

hmmm. Odd the rpt 30 minutes before the the last on in the app data has very little errors. Seems to be a lot EOS issues. Not even sure where to begin.