pinaz93

The Italian Division project (Factions mod+)

Really nice work!

I like the way you present the pictures. Many authors just make a screenshot of their units in the arsenal, but you always create a cinematic background with your forces in action.

Besides this I have a little suggestion: A few days ago I read about an italian unit called "Lagunari". It is a regiment of the italian ground forces near venice in Mestre. The main task of this unit is to fight in coastal areas and to lead amphibious assaults, even if they had many deployments in Afghanistan. It would be great if you could add such a unit to the forces of Triveneto. You could equip them with amphibious vehicles like the Strider and the Gorgon.

Anyway keep up the great work!

Lagunari...i was one of them since not so long time ago.Sadly i had an accident and i was moved to a less combat ready unit...I think Venetian's troops of this mod are inspired by lagunari regiment.I'd love to see their green beret in Pinaz's addon

• Like 1

Lagunari...i was one of them since not so long time ago.Sadly i had an accident and i was moved to a less combat ready unit...I think Venetian's troops of this mod are inspired by lagunari regiment.I'd love to see their green beret in Pinaz's addon

They are going to obviously have their green beret ;)

I have a question to all, in your opinion, for the "Fanti da mar" unit I have to use the same camo pattern of the normal infantry or a modified one?

They are going to obviously have their green beret ;)

I have a question to all, in your opinion, for the "Fanti da mar" unit I have to use the same camo pattern of the normal infantry or a modified one?

I would prefer a modified one. Maybe you could make the coulors a bit brighter. Such a special and traditional unit should diifers from the regular trops.

I would prefer a modified one. Maybe you could make the coulors a bit brighter. Such a special and traditional unit should diifers from the regular trops.

Maybe I will post some camo here in the next days and we can choose all togheter the right one ;)

Below you can find the composition of the armed forces of the Republic of triveneto. I created this list now that I have almost completed this faction (new additions come in the future, with new informations and images).

I have add a Foreigners regiment so who isn't from Italy or from the Trieveto area can identify himself in this group!

The same type of list are going to come for the other faction in the future!

ARMED FORCES OF THE TRIVENETO REPUBLIC

2dn96g.jpg

The armed forces of triveneto are not really big, but filled with good and modern equipment. The lack of confidence in its italian neighbors and the good economic situation brought by independence drives the central government to invest in defense of the state... After the end of the Italian republic, The US signed an agreement to continue the use of military bases in Aviano (Aviano AFB) and Vicenza (Camp Ederle), in exchange of joining NATO and substantial military aid (much of the military Italian equipment were in poor condition or destroyed after the Civil War). Great part of the equipment are bought second hand with the help of the US, like leopard 2 and Fennek from Germany. Israel has won an agreement for the sale of  Namer APCs and Namer AA version in exchange of the license production of the TAR-21. 

STRUCTURE COMING SOON

• Like 4

Nice structure. Also your background story with the origin of the vehicles and the allies of Triveneto gives the game more depth. I would suggest to add an Air Defense battalion with tanks to the Air Force and a Military Police battalion to the Republican Guard for military tasks in deployments (personell protection, patrols, criminal investigation, convoy/transport protection).

I know it is fictional and not really important for the mod, but I like it to handle with fictional political and military structures. :) 

Nice structure. Also your background story with the origin of the vehicles and the allies of Triveneto gives the game more depth. I would suggest to add an Air Defense battalion with tanks to the Air Force and a Military Police battalion to the Republican Guard for military tasks in deployments (personell protection, patrols, criminal investigation, convoy/transport protection).

I know it is fictional and not really important for the mod, but I like it to handle with fictional political and military structures. :)

The air defence brigade for the air force it's a good idea, or maybe it's better a regiment size unit?

However yes the Republican guard is thinked to also make Military police missions, I will make a specific uniform for the military police ;)

Fanteria da mar units done, need some little fix, for exemple the beret is too light blue than blue/green in my opinion

2015-09-01_00010_zps0uz7mmwy.jpg

Fanteria da mar in action - Landing exercise (don't look at the rifle, it is going to be changed with the arx-160)

2015-09-01_00005_zps0s8ttdj6.jpg

2015-09-01_00006_zpscblkdivr.jpg

2015-09-01_00009_zpsdablrwn0.jpg

2015-09-01_00007_zpscntak4rq.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe you could make one of the factions use older/under maintained equipment. Possibly because when the union split they struggled to gain financial stability, meaning their equipment is poorly maintained and/or old. Maybe vehicles could be rusted, camo could be faded. Possibly using old equipment such as ex A-10's (A-10 will probably be out of service by this point) and f16s from the US? Same thing with guns. 

Maybe you could make one of the factions use older/under maintained equipment. Possibly because when the union split they struggled to gain financial stability, meaning their equipment is poorly maintained and/or old. Maybe vehicles could be rusted, camo could be faded. Possibly using old equipment such as ex A-10's (A-10 will probably be out of service by this point) and f16s from the US? Same thing with guns.

Yes I will make it in some way... The F-35 is an optional pbo in this mod (and as in real life, the F-35 production for italy and then for these factions is a bit slow, so they need a gap filler plane), becouse it have the usaf mod as required addon and it's an heavy mod... So I will add an imported fighter jet to all factions to fill the gap for people that don't use the usaf mod. I'm thinking to add the firewill F-16 (normal or CFT version?), he already give me the permission to import it, and I'm thinking about the super hornet, but I have to ask to john spartan and saul the permission!

This two models can be bought from the US and are not really new, so I think that them are good...

For the rifles, the ARX is made by beretta and it's the standard rifle in the ex italian army (with the ar70/90 but there isn't a model). The beretta factory is near Brescia (in this mod is part of Triveneto republic, near the border with northen italy), so in this mod I think it's good to see it as standard rifle in the two northern states... The only one that I was thinking to change is the Southern republic, just to make it more indipendent from the other two factions, but I have no idea about what weapon I can use as standard rifle (I accept suggestions)!

F16 would be a good idea since Italy had them for some time, so it would make sense if one county did rearm themselves with the newer Block 52+ if their an ally of the US, if they aren't, maybe they were able to buy second hand older f16s off of another country? The F18 would make a good fighter for South Italy since Italy and the US are always down there with their Navy's. So i guess south italy's pilots would be use to being around the F18's?

As for the guns, the best way to separate the South from the northern states would be to use a Bullpup rifle, maybe the AUG A3? Or possibly use the AK-12 which by the time the games set would be the standard service rifle of the Russian and a lot of other nations. But then again the AK-12 is the most boring looking gun ever created 

• Like 1

F16 would be a good idea since Italy had them for some time, so it would make sense if one county did rearm themselves with the newer Block 52+ if their an ally of the US, if they aren't, maybe they were able to buy second hand older f16s off of another country? The F18 would make a good fighter for South Italy since Italy and the US are always down there with their Navy's. So i guess south italy's pilots would be use to being around the F18's?

As for the guns, the best way to separate the South from the northern states would be to use a Bullpup rifle, maybe the AUG A3? Or possibly use the AK-12 which by the time the games set would be the standard service rifle of the Russian and a lot of other nations. But then again the AK-12 is the most boring looking gun ever created

An AUG-A3 sounds nice, but I would suggest a Sig SG55 (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22817). Personnally I think that a russian rifle would not really fit in the scenario and I have to agree with you that the AK-12 is not really nice.

The aug is a really nice idea, and the sig too! The ak-12 in my opinion is too much russian style for the faction...

I will take a look in the Nato sf and speznatz weapons if there is something good to use...

About vehicles for the southern republic, how you see the btr of the standard arma 3? As an indipendent faction I want to use mixed vehicles... I wanto to use the btr-k in apc, AA and artillery versions, the AMV-7 as wheeled and I don't know what to use as tank and armored car... Any suggestion? (not much russian vehicles, I have choose the btr-k use the same chassis for 3 vehicles)...

I don't know what to use as tank and armored car... Any suggestion? (not much russian vehicles, I have choose the btr-k use the same chassis for 3 vehicles)...

I say Merkava (Slammer) would be good idea for tank. We don't see much or even any retextures of it. As for the Armored car - Hunter

I say Merkava (Slammer) would be good idea for tank. We don't see much or even any retextures of it. As for the Armored car - Hunter

Yah Merkava would be great in a flat woodland green camo, With the armored car you could use one of Massi's humvees? I've never liked the M-ATV 

I just thought that maybe on of the factions could use the PAK FA because its cheaper then the F35 and possibly the F18?

Yah Merkava would be great in a flat woodland green camo, With the armored car you could use one of Massi's humvees? I've never liked the M-ATV 

I just thought that maybe on of the factions could use the PAK FA because its cheaper then the F35 and possibly the F18?

The merkava is a good idea, and I don't like the M-ATV too... Hmm the Pak-fa can be a good option too ;)

The Merkava is perfect for southern italy.While northern state can use the Leopard 2(don't rememer the Arma3 name cause  i hate futuristic crap and irrealistic names)

The Merkava is perfect for southern italy.While northern state can use the Leopard 2(don't rememer the Arma3 name cause  i hate futuristic crap and irrealistic names)

Seems that no one love the futuristic set haha

However I think I will go with merkava for south and leopard 2 for the north ;)

I have bad news and a good news...

Bad: sadly I don't have the permission to import the F-18 but only to reskin it

Good: The USAF mod team give me the permission to import the F-35A, so it will not be an optional file ;)

• Like 2

Maybe you can give a try with F16,there are a lot out there and Italy used them.

Or wet dreams the EuroFighter a 4.5 gen multirole plane currently in service with Italian Air Force

Maybe you can give a try with F16,there are a lot out there and Italy used them.

Or wet dreams the EuroFighter a 4.5 gen multirole plane currently in service with Italian Air Force

Eurofigher is my dream too  :D

However I have already the permission from Firewill to import his F-16, I think I will use the block 52+ with the conformal fuel tanks ;)

Eurofigher is my dream too  :D

However I have already the permission from Firewill to import his F-16, I think I will use the block 52+ with the conformal fuel tanks ;)

Only for information: RKSL works on an Eurofighter.

Only for information: RKSL works on an Eurofighter.

Yes I know it, but I don't know when they will release it  :(