Sign in to follow this  
dontknowhow

No man's sky. Huge procedurally generated universe

Really great to see their consistent, hard work, even I'll rather not touch the multiplayer. Wondering, if/when they'll touch aspects most important to me, that means procedural generation quality/complexicity/diversity/authenticity, especially at mentioned "ecosystems". Rather not this time?

I'm happy to see regular large updates to this :) over time it may come up to what I was expecting to see, this update seems to address a huge problem for many people. Myself I'm not big on MP survival games etc, but I'll certainly look forward to more work being done on working ecosystems :)

They touched fauna&flora topic at least, which gives some hope for the future:

Herd behaviour for creatures

Improved matching of creature body parts to their role

Improved scales and maximum sizes of creatures

New hazardous fauna

New hazardous flora

Updated creature vocals

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/91i8os/no_mans_sky_next_update_v15_full_patch_notes/

But I'm not tested NEXT yet. 

They have thought it out carefully, the result is quite stunning. I have hundreds of hours in this game, love the style of it. Now after 'Next' planets are harsh, whereas before they were pretty easy to survive, now they can be deadly. I really enjoy the alien planets, they give that true old style sci-fi look and feeling. Just a great game to play.

At one stage I thought, ah.. they are pandering to the moaners, but I was wrong. They have really put some effort into this game. It was a great little game when it released, perhaps not for everyone, but some of us. Relaxing and fun. Now it is a great 'big' game, still quite relaxing in places, but bites every now and then.

Top marks HG.