MusTanG

New forums, you decide

Rate the new forums  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider the forum update....

• Plesant
    • Don't care
    • Failure

I don't like this new layout. It's too messy.

How would we feel if it were able to stretch to fit widescreen properly. My guess is some, if not most of us, would rather have the board fill the screen.

Not a good start. The new forum made me force out my original account (with the same name and password) after being asked to change password, now I am not in my Georilla 2006 profile anymore, but it made a new cloned today after changing password and being forced to make a forum profile after it does not recognize my old one, I am seriously confused.

Not a good impression..

Not a good start. The new forum made me force out my original account (with the same name and password) after being asked to change password, now I am not in my Georilla 2006 profile anymore, but it made a new cloned today after changing password and being forced to make a forum profile after it does not recognize my old one, I am seriously confused.

You should be able to have that sorted out by posting in this thread. Although by posting here they might be aware of your problem already.

Actually, someone please explain the reason for the change. The real reason. I have yet to see one anywhere. All I get are assumptions and conjectures.

While we don't get some official reply to this (or I have missed it) here's what other IP.Board users have to say (using google cache version, as Invision server can't handle the load to their own forums...).

The main reasons listed there being:

• Focus on money making options
  • Good support

aaand, that's it.

But I think the reason stated by krzy might be it.

But I think the reason stated by krzy might be it.

Well, that's what BohemiaBeck stated in his post. Actually, such feature was wanted by community/users since Bohemia's Store and BIki were founded. But IMHO now it's too late. Why?

1. With the move to the Steam as a main distribution platform, BI Store have become obsolete technically and morally.

2. BIki is plagued with it's own issues, and still can't share user accounts with other services.

So, it's only Mini-DayZ which can use the same accounts with forums.

I created a Sylebot (Chrome only?) profile to make the forums more compact and responsive (widescreen!). Try it and see if it does what you want.  I couldn't get the like button to take up less space. 

http://stylebot.me/styles/10800

Yes guys BohemiaBeck sent me a pm, the Web team is hard at work and the larger threads with feedback are being looked at and some of the complaints are being or have been handled already.

We are going in the right direction from where this all started :)

Still deleting posts I see.

Cover up the truth about your other failures in a 'you just failed thread'.

That's rich Bohemia forum mods...

You let those that made thousands of dollars by breaking your terms and conditions and are covering up for those that did it?

Really not appropriate to post like this, very dis-respectable. Please take time to read the forum rules:

Offensive content, flaming, privacy:

Material that is overly sexual, graphic, obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, abuse or slander, towards developers, staff or users, is strictly prohibited; this includes the Personal Message service, do not post private messages or user pictures. Flamebaiting is not allowed. Please do not post any personal or identifying information such as postal addresses, IPs or UIDs.

Closing - before this further derails