MusTanG

New forums, you decide

Rate the new forums  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider the forum update....

• Plesant
    • Don't care
    • Failure

Want to see everyone's reaction to the blunder they call a forum update

Now please consider the update itself is here and you should educate yourself and try to use the new forums the same way you did prior

First is the new look

next is loss of Google searching

all links to posts here or anywhere are broken

built in search function works(sort of)

Login issues for everybody I know and from the posts so far, most people that try to login.

There are a slew of others in another post but I'm afraid to link it for it might be a broken link :(

• Like 7

Really hate the way the ads are thrown all over the place..

Also do we really need the "Hi. I'm a 12-year-old girl so please press 'Like This' button or I'll kwy" buttons?

• Like 1

Really hate the way the ads are thrown all over the place..

Also do we really need the "Hi. I'm a 12-year-old girl so please press 'Like This' button or I'll kwy" buttons?

I would like to 'Like This' your post, but I'm up to my limit today, maybe tomorrow as Billy Fury once said.   ;)

Edit: oh, best reply to the thread question:  The new forum is broken, thought I would mention it. :)

• Like 2

It's not like a public outcry will get them to take action.

we have all seen their way of responding to something they know they screwed up...

For 7 weeks we hear

we cannot recreate the issue in house so we will ignore it and move forward

And 5 performance updates, 2 main rc and 2 hot fixes later and we still have the same issues with arma 3

We called for a rollback to 1.44 on June 9th and we got instead a 16 mb update that turned an Nvidia issue into a pc wide issue...

Stop bohemia, take a step back, read a book or better yet read your paying publics opinion and suggestions and follow through on them before you end up having to dump arma 3 and quickly make arma 4 to keep your revenue flowing.

Even better yet dump that piece of shit DayZ standalone, give the public what they have wanted chernarus plus on arma 3, a working without memory leaks arma 3 and call it what it is. 2015s Darwin of the Year award goes to.........

• Like 2

and theres this as well, not possible to search any more:

"One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

google searches and internal forum search is the most important though. 

I don't think this poll will work quite well, because to vote you need to login and considering HUNDREDS of people are probably gettin the 'internal server error' they can't ...they have to make shitty new accounts like the one I made...

I still don't see a proper reason why this change was implemented anyway..Does more harm than it does good in any way...Guess bohemia folks really really really desperately wanted to integrate their forums with their website, leading to this failure.

Kind regards,

Sanchez (guy who can't login to his proper account)

The broken redirect links alone are an outstanding display of amateurism from BI.

Making sure your legacy linking system works is migration 101.  This is what happens when a bunch of game devs try to play web engineer. 

• Like 1

I can't login with old account. Is BIS working on it or are they lost for good?

Still deleting posts I see.

Cover up the truth about your other failures in a 'you just failed thread'.

That's rich Bohemia forum mods...

You let those that made thousands of dollars by breaking your terms and conditions and are covering up for those that did it?

Much more professional looking imo

I see bohemia is even deleting posts concerning your selling their assets for many years now.

Bohemia you are not doing right by the community.

Shall I poo st up screen shots of the post before you deleted it?

I see bohemia is even deleting posts concerning your selling their assets for many years now.

Bohemia you are not doing right by the community.

Shall I poo st up screen shots of the post before you deleted it?

Please try to be constructive and considerate. If you have evidence of illegal activity, please send it to me in a private message. 

Tried to log in. Couldn't. Tried reset password link... Got sent an email with what was *supposed* to be a link to reset my password... the "link" that said "RESET YOUR PASSWORD" wasn't clickable....

did it two more times and finally got it to work. Finally got logged in after many error messages popping up denying my log in. 

The theme is a cluster-fuck, in my opinion. It is not clean, or easy on the eyes at all, in my opinion. The main page is practically a wall of text. The color choices make reading text more of a strain (for me). I lost all of my thread subscriptions. I keep randomly getting logged out, thrown back to the main page, and logged back in.

Links (annoyingly, in my opinion) open in the same tab in my browser, rather than in a new tab.

All previously posted forum links appear to be broken.

All in all, it seems Bohemia failed to do some basic testing to ensure that basic functionality (like logging in, thread links, etc) was working before pushing this update live. Migrating from VB to IPB isn't exactly a casual thing. I would have thought after a couple of days of database freeze, they would have been able to at least tackle basic functional issues (aesthetic issues can be tweaked, but sending this migration live with the most basic things like logging in and thread links broken...)

Well, can't say I'm surprised, really...

Wonder what will happen when I hit "post" on this...

Much nicer and cleaner looking :)

Visiting the old forums was like going back in time to the 90's

Disregarding the broken links (got a good dozen of them with valuable info, all to waste now),

it's a pain to even look at the screen, way too bright and bland, nothing but white.

Had to turn down the brightness on my screen for writing this.

The fonts are really small, or is the white backdrop tricking me here?

Nearly one third of the screen is wasted at the top of the page with that huge banner follwed by the way too big thread title, taking nearly half the screen together.

Add a poll to it like in this threat and you can only see the first two lines of the first post on the page.

What a waste of space.

There's currently no forum themes to choose from, so you can't really do anything against the very clinical color layout.

Why this change had to happen in the first place is beyond me, nothing wrong with the old forum.

A test run for 2 weeks prior to the change would have helped a bit, I guess.

Cheers

Like the design, hate the performance, the fact that all my PMs were deleted, "you don't have permission" for stuff I should have permission for, log in, reset password issue, and since I'm logged, reset works (but I've just reset it to same pass), but man, I wanted to learn Koran so someone will give me a bomb to express my hate on this update.

I needed the forum yesterday, it didn't work. Today, links didn't work and I couldn't log in. I can't edit my old topic. I can't look at my likes :(

I mean, I chose "I don't care", because it will get well and I will get used to it.

But it's fail right now and I want to say it's fail.

Nice desing tho :D

Second try: I take it all back. It's just fail. Quick posting doesn't work and what's more... when I reloaded page to see, if I did post it, it returned me back to main page, without even option to get back to previous page so I had to search for this topic again...

I don't even think that the "white background/grey font" is any good idea...

And I could just capture the main page and then mark every flaw in design and there's plenty. That screen would be red with marks, starting with that forum button, that stretches the whole upward panel...

Making posts is better and I like how you can see people's avatars in threads, everything else is bad.  Why:

1. Forum Theme is too damn bright! (Please pick a grey background or something BI!)

2. All the links for sub-forums are jumbled together and confusing

3. Way too much bold text

4. Can't even stay on the forum for more than 5 minutes without being automatically logged out and then back in, preventing me from taking time to post or edit or change settings.

I can't retreive my old account, funny thing is i used the same email and password.

So far i don't see any relevant change to justify all this downtime and issues.

Not much I like about this new forum

1. the blue buttons at the top are HUGE. Even worse is that they don't even follow the color scheme of everything else, black white, and shades of gray.   

2. Adding onto that, there is an excessive use of bold font from what I guess is an attempt to make the grey text easily readable and to make it harder to miss.

3. Randomly sends you back to the main page for no reason at all.

4. some links are dead now.

5. Their web developer failed on one of the basic elements of web design, never use backgrond and foreground colors that are similar to each other. 

• Like 1

there is an excessive use of bold

WRITING ALL TITLES AND STUFF IN FULL CAPS DOES NOT HELP EITHER. NOBODY CAN READ THIS STUFF BECAUSE YOU LOSE THE INFORMATION IN THE SILHOUETTE/CONTOUR.

Pretty basic stuff.. :/

I'm not a fan :(

It's 50 shades of grey - low contrast text is hard to read, the soft borders between posts and quotes etc make everyhing blur together, most of the screen is empty space, I can't change the number of posts per page, search tool is less functional

Where is the fancy Supporter Ribbon that I paid money for?

My vote went in the failure camp.

I'm doing my best to keep calm and not going apeshit but it's actually harder the longer I work on the endless list of omissions, bugs and glitches. BTW, the link I just posted. In the previous version I could have just written:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183456

and it would have sent me directly to the page. Now it requires the full title, such as in:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183456-list-of-issues-with-the-new-forums-engine/

Couple that with the fact that you can now edit the title of the thread (which wasn't possible before) and say hello to broken links whenever an author decides to change the title of his/her thread...

Anyway...

This whole move is totally fucking disastreous. There's no way around it. Yes, I'm aware everyone involved is doing their best, but still. This is not good.

Actually, someone please explain the reason for the change. The real reason. I have yet to see one anywhere. All I get are assumptions and conjectures.

The worst part is that I'm fairly sure most of the issues reported in that thread won't be resolved. Partly because IP.Board is clearly an inferiour, dumbed down product, and partly because I'm starting to seriously question the capabilities and will of those involved in fixing all that.

Well, that's it. Some little ventilation going on here. I could go on like this all day TBH.