sancron

The new Forum is Bad

Hello,

personally i dislike the change to the new Forum-Software, I have three main Reasons why i think so and i would like to share it.

Design

The new Forum looks to clean/white for me. Also some font's are set to small and are hard to read (for example the Fontsize and Color for change Date and Time in Thrads). Also the Forums width is set to small for me. I would like to have again a full width Forum instead of a small layout with 1170px as max width on a FullHD Screen.

Advertisement

On the old Forums, the Advert was placed above the Forum, that was ok for me. But now the new place after the first Thread and then after the first Topic in the Thread is annoying.

Bugs

Some Bugs appare, i was set up this Post 4 Times, and 3 Times i was get an error about my key when i was Try to preview it? So it's not allowed to switch between Tabs in my Browser, when i Type a new Thread/Topic?

Personal Opinion about the Software IPB

And beside this three Reasons, i personally dislike the IPB Software, personally i would prefere WBB instead of IPB. But thats not the Fact why i dislike the Chnage.

• Like 8

I Agree, the adds are really annoying. And the second biggest problem is that all links are broken now. Honestly, the new forums brings more problems than good.

• Like 2

I Agree, the adds are really annoying. And the second biggest problem is that all links are broken now. 

+1

I also hate the fact that every now and then it sends me to the home page just for the sake of it.  :wacko:

Oh, and for some reason I'm unable to upload an avatar...

• Like 1

Yep, this new forum sucks. I hope they work out the kinks soon. I'm having the same problems as Misty.

• Like 1

Ouch, I'm not a fan either. Let's see how it will be improve over time.

Looks like we don't have our premium medals anymore  :ph34r:

Yeah, old forum was better IMO. While I can get over with overall design, why font is small and faded when there's so much unused space between posts and on the sides of page? New forum looks like some long-dead archived forums you can stumble upon while searching for a RtCW walkthrough.

Besides I can't login with my Firefox for some reason, login popup just sits there doing nothing. Removing bistudio's cookies didn't solve the problem, I had to use Internet Explorer to login.  :(

I did not expect something like webdesign could make me this sad. I honestly don't even mind the design, I just want a working something. Whatever I'm logging into here is not my regular account. Dumb question why does it display screennames for everyone but me?I can only login by email. Proll;y a dumb mistake on my end.

First thoughts are that this looks like Windows 8 (and I really don't like the modern mobile/windows8/10 looks). Everything looks so boxed and bit rounded up and "unrealistic".

For mobile this is maybe better and nice.

Is this the same as DayZ Forums? Reminds me a lot of it. I somehow like how that forum looks. It's likely all the white in this forum that doesn't fit the desing.

Hopefully will improve over the time.

/I can't get my avatar :(

They probably can improve it, yes, but I really hope they can fix the links again, as this is the biggest PITA in my opinion.

@ all the new forum will be improved over time - posts such as it "sucks" etc are not appropriate. Please be constructive in your posts.  ;)

Thanks

R0adki11

I did not expect something like webdesign could make me this sad. I honestly don't even mind the design, I just want a working something. Whatever I'm logging into here is not my regular account. Dumb question why does it display screennames for everyone but me?I can only login by email. Proll;y a dumb mistake on my end.

You're lucky. The web dev in me is going between states of laughing hysterically and raging in frustration, and it's not even Monday.

I don't know who approved the design (Like, 220px of global and local navbar? REALLY?), the post-post ads, or the half-assed testing of the DB migration itself, but I suggest to keep that person very far away from the web responsibilities.

Maybe when i get used to it i'll like it but right now i'd rather go back to the old one :mellow:

Apart from useless personal attacks against the web dev, i must say that we Arma:CWA users and modders have lost the whole editing section, with is quite painful.

You're lucky. The web dev in me is going between states of laughing hysterically and raging in frustration, and it's not even Monday.

I don't know who approved the design (Like, 220px of global and local navbar? REALLY?), the post-post ads, or the half-assed testing of the DB migration itself, but I suggest to keep that person very far away from the web responsibilities.

I can appreciate that, but as previous said things will be ironed out. Please post issues with the forums in the proper thread:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/71106-new-forums-feedback-thread-bugssuggestions-here-please/page-44

I will now close this thread before it further de-rails.

Thanks

R0adki11

@ all the new forum will be improved over time - posts such as it "sucks" etc are not appropriate. Please be constructive in your posts.  ;)

Thanks

R0adki11

Sadly they are. You don't do a thing like this and take 3 days migrating it and end up with this. If the migration was an emergency situation, I'd be understanding, but they had months to prepare. It feels like nobody did paid attention to what was being done. "We'll do it in production" is really not an excuse.