When we will see the T-90, BMP-3, and last MI-24/MI-28 version ?

When ready.

Because USA have already M1A2 Abrams TUSK III

We have so far only M1A1AIM (also with TUSK-1 kit), M1A1FEP and M1A2SEPv1 (also with TUSK-1 kit). Such thing as TUSK III do not exist, there were only plans to create such up armor kit in real life.

so why Russian have a Cold War equipement ?

Because in real world Russian Army is underfunded compared to US Army and because bulk of it's weapons, equipment and so on is a cold war era equipment, not modernized or modernized in minimal level, and also because older vehicles were made much, much earlier.

It's a fantastic mod, but it's rather disturbing to see Russians so badly equipped in your Mod, there is even no 9K22 Tunguska, while the USA have the last M2A3 Bradley and his AA version.

As above, some assets were made earlier, that's why, plus real world, as we aim in to realism, then do not expect a T-90A tank (the most advanced T-90 variant in service of Russian Federation armed forces) to be as good as M1A2SEPv1.

Ammo penetration values, armor protection values, all are based on real life data, or our own research and complex calculations. So if T-90A have weaker armor and weaker ammunition, compared to it's US counterparts, it will have them as such in the mod.

It does not however that it is completely useless or vurnable compared to M1A2SEPv1 (or other American tanks). Each tank have realistic armor model, which means there are weak spots in armor protection, for example front have weak spots like gun mantlet, and side armor is incapable to stop tank gun ammunition or more modern RPG's and ATGM's.

This is not only realistic, but forces players to actually know each vehicle, it's strong and weak sides, and use tactics.

I have this one bug and it does only with your helicopters.

I place two pilots, empty Mi24/Mi18 and squad. Pilot and squad leader are controllable.

I command my second pilot to board a heli and I board it with him. So far it's alright.

But when I switch to squad leader, pilot give right after that command to get off the heli. Same with my squad. I board the heli, switch to pilots and my whole team (except team leader) exits the heli.

What's going on? It works fine with ground vehicles or vanilla helicopters.

Found it first with ACR mod, then switched off addons to see where's the problem. RHS helicopeters seems to be it.

tried same thing with clean a3, uh80 and bis units - it's arma thing.

This is not only realistic, but forces players to actually know each vehicle, it's strong and weak sides, and use tactics.

Agreed. Not always the best machine wins, but the ones who manage it better and in combination with other systems.

Because in real world Russian Army is underfunded compared to US Army...

Like the rest of the armies in the world. Let's face it - U.S. military is the monster on steroids then we talk about pumping money into it. For its purpose, Russian army is rather well equipped, then compared to bag, bundeswher or other armies in Europe and Asia.

Like the rest of the armies in the world. Let's face it - U.S. military is the monster on steroids then we talk about pumping money into it. For its purpose, Russian army is rather well equipped, then compared to bag, bundeswher or other armies in Europe and Asia.

Yes it is. Actually US Armed Forces have the largest active and reserve main battle tanks fleet, yeah seriously, researched that subject myself, in active fleet they have around 4500 tanks in brigades, battalions and in high readiness reserve/training, and around 4000-4500 in low readiness reserve, all of these tanks are M1 Abrams type. I even seen some M60 series tanks hidden in different bases. :P

On paper Russian Armed Forces would have bigger tank fleet, but most of these tanks in long term storage are just obsolete junk, like T-54/55 or T-62 tanks, many other are scrapped, so in reality high readiness and low readiness fleet is much smaller.

Someone will ask China? PRC have at best around 4000 tanks, and I mean modern tanks like ZTZ-96 and ZTZ-99, I don't count useless junk like T-54/55 clones (ZTZ-59, ZTZ-69 and so on) in to this, tough such junk is still in service as PRC do not have money to replace them... heck, as per recent news, they don't even have money to provide ballistic vests for most infantry units!

some good point there, you can have the best tank in the world dont do you any good if you dont know how to use it!

have to ask are you guys just making us and ru stuff or you gone bring in some european stuff to at some point just asking

have to ask are you guys just making us and ru stuff or you gone bring in some european stuff to at some point just asking

We don't know the future, currently we want to finish as much as possible both factions, and then? Who knows! ;)

Especially that some of us are not even the guys creating content, for example I am just tester + research guy that research data about vehicles.

Just a small request: Non-virtual US ammo boxes for AI rearming, unless I've missed them somehow?

Are obscure vehicles like the DPV/LSV or M1161 Growler in the scope of Escalation (planned or not doesn't matter), or are they uninteresting to you?

Edited by rzon

jerminhu im working on this...rhs could i ask for green based unifirm for us forces? i hope to not be si stupid to miss ithem if im correct then ignore this post . maybe there are already sort of green uniform but in my opinion they wouldnt be good in a forest (always if i didnt miss the correct ones;) tnx n awsome job ...i hope you will add AAV7 amphibious vehicle asap cheers:)

Are obscure vehicles like the DPV/LSV or M1161 Growler in the scope of Escalation (planned or not doesn't matter), or are they uninteresting to you?

We are quite "nerds" so yeah, both vehicles are in our dreams wishlist (as practically all US & RU modern assets). But as we have limited time most of the elements of that wishlist will probably never make it to the game.

If your question was: Are them in your immediate plans? The answer is unfortunately no. But in the future, who knows? :)

i hope you will add AAV7 amphibious vehicle asap cheers:)

The same answer applies to the AAV7.

On the Green uniform, I'm not sure of what you mean. At this moment we have both US Army standard camos ( UCP and OCP ). Could you show us some reference picture?

OK cool. If you need any info concerning how certain things work, let me know. It's not classified, you can find it anywhere on the internet

---------- Post added at 03:00 ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 ----------

Thanks for informations regarding Bradleys, it is very helpfull, as for eventuall bugs, we still don't have fully modeled FCS for it, so at current state, consider it as still WIP. :)

Also, the trajectories on the different 25mm rounds are reversed in this mod. HE has a much higher trajectory than AP, especially M919. That flies at a very flat trajectory. Also, one thing you could throw in there, which would prolly be kinda tough cuz I don't know how scripts work in this game: When you fire one type of 25mm ammo, then switch ammo types (HE to AP and vice versa), the first round that comes out of that barrel will be the previous ammo type, unless you ran outta rounds for it. Not sure if the script would allow for that level of realism,though

Edited by pigbenis80

That dump round though.

Gotta rock that four round burst then.

Good catch on the round trajectory, I'm quite surprised I didn't notice that hah.

Your BTRs don't have a minimalHit set for the turret and gun so it will break after around 30 5.56 rounds.

Great work so far!

Played a lot with your mod during the last days and these are some things I've noticed:

- The commanders (and other crew members with optics available) are not scanning the surroundings as they should and as they do in the vanilla vehicles. They will either stare straight ahead or look at the same spot as the gunner does.

- Many vehicle optics are very nice and realistic looking, however the AI is not getting along with them too well. It seems optics with a tight focus are especially bad for the AI. The AI has quite some problems spotting targets. (Don't know if it's possible to do something about that tough.)

- If the AI is gunner and an enemy tank or vehicle is getting spotted, you usually would press R and the AI gunner would target the enemy tank or vehicle in vanilla. But it seems it's not working in RHS.

- I don't know how tough the wheels of the BTRs are in real life, but they seem to be very vulnerable in RHS. To minor collisions and to gunfire or low power explosions. I wish they were a bit tougher ;)

- It seems like the ammo count of the ZSU23 goes down by 2, but only 1 projectile is being fired.

- I've noticed many of the vehicles have very nice realistic driving and engine sounds. However, they could be a bit louder ;)

Thank you for your great work on this mod!

We are quite "nerds" so yeah, both vehicles are in our dreams wishlist (as practically all US & RU modern assets). But as we have limited time most of the elements of that wishlist will probably never make it to the game.

If your question was: Are them in your immediate plans? The answer is unfortunately no. But in the future, who knows? :)

This answers all four of my questions! :D Thanks.

Also, a concern of mine regarding the base-game MRAPs. Enemy AI soldiers without launchers won't engage you and they'll just move around like chickens, essentially letting you drive in circles around them. I assume this is because of how the vehicle is configured, but it's incredibly immersion-breaking for me, and I end up not using these vehicles (but yes, I realise the meaning of the MRAP acronym :p).

I'm wondering if you have thought of this yourself, and if you would configure them differently should you release something like MATV or JLTV down the line?

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get2/I0000y3HDgF02TiA/fit=1000x750/Iraq-U-S-invasion-021.jpg this is the "woodland real uniform (ignore the rest the others...and if im not wrong the second is yours http://www.rhsmods.org/modfolder/usf3/images/q3.jpg

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

if there where others camo i didnt see so sorry my foult and excuse me;)

When ready.

We have so far only M1A1AIM (also with TUSK-1 kit), M1A1FEP and M1A2SEPv1 (also with TUSK-1 kit). Such thing as TUSK III do not exist, there were only plans to create such up armor kit in real life.

Because in real world Russian Army is underfunded compared to US Army and because bulk of it's weapons, equipment and so on is a cold war era equipment, not modernized or modernized in minimal level, and also because older vehicles were made much, much earlier.

As above, some assets were made earlier, that's why, plus real world, as we aim in to realism, then do not expect a T-90A tank (the most advanced T-90 variant in service of Russian Federation armed forces) to be as good as M1A2SEPv1.

Ammo penetration values, armor protection values, all are based on real life data, or our own research and complex calculations. So if T-90A have weaker armor and weaker ammunition, compared to it's US counterparts, it will have them as such in the mod.

It does not however that it is completely useless or vurnable compared to M1A2SEPv1 (or other American tanks). Each tank have realistic armor model, which means there are weak spots in armor protection, for example front have weak spots like gun mantlet, and side armor is incapable to stop tank gun ammunition or more modern RPG's and ATGM's.

Oh ok. I was persuaded that Russian army, for all which is tanks, was more or less at the same level as US Army.

Thank you for these clarification, but I waits impatiently for the T-90 ! And do you have in your plan to make the BM-30 Smerch ? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BM-30_Smerch)

But you say that the T-90A is the most advanced versions of T-90, but it's not rather the T-90MS which is more advanced ?

Edited by Drakedaeron

Your BTRs don't have a minimalHit set for the turret and gun so it will break after around 30 5.56 rounds.

I can confirm that.

Oh ok. I was persuaded that Russian army, for all which is tanks, was more or less at the same level as US Army.

Someone lied to you, probably some fanboy or other unreliable source. After 1991, this means collapse of Soviet Union, Russian Army was more and more underfunded, degradation reached such levels, that situation could had been named FUBAR. Of course these days it is slightly better, however as far as I was able to dig out information from Russian sources, Russian Army tank corps have very hard situation, they receive very little of new vehicles, and training is very poor, especially in terms of safety, in last few years they lost few T-72B tanks with whole crews burned alive, because they didn't kept enough attention to safety and let ammo cook offs to happen. There were photos of wrecks in which these poor people died. And believe me, burning alive when ammo cook off happens, is not nice.

And do you have in your plan to make the BM-30 Smerch ? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BM-30_Smerch)

Dunno, we will see.

But you say that the T-90A is the most advanced versions of T-90, but it's not rather the T-90MS which is more advanced ?

I said in service of Russian Federation Armed Forces. T-90SM (or T-90MS if you wish) is not in service of the Russian Federation Armed Forces, as letter S in designation suggests it is intended for export, and so far only India per avaiable informations, purchased it, tough no hard confirmation yet.

If a new variant of T-90 would be inducted in to service, it would be most likely designated as T-90AM, and would eb similiar to T-90SM.

As for know, Russia have no more than 225-300 T-90 and T-90A tanks, production had been ceased because it is expensive tank for Russian standards, and thus cheap modernization of T-72B tanks to T-72B3 standard was initiated.

Edited by Damian90

Oh ok, you know well the subject, I ignored for it S of MS, I had seen that he had been ordered by Algeria and other countries, I am thus say that he had certainly already entered service.

Thank you for having taken time to answer me.

Hypothetical Russian Army designation for T-90MS would be T-90AM, but yes they dont intend to bring it into service. Maybe it will appear in the mod though, it is a very distinctive vehicle and would require alot of individual parts and time and care on the modellers behalf.

...cheap modernization of T-72B tanks to T-72B3 standard was initiated.

It is actually rather expensive, if you take into account that T-72B3 is already hopelessly obsolete... You know, UVZ needs money! :D

It is actually rather expensive, if you take into account that T-72B3 is already hopelessly obsolete... You know, UVZ needs money!

Well, it's still cheaper than T-72B2 and T-90A. :D

On the other hand you are right, it is expensive waste of money, compared to capabilities of vehicle, it's preaty much just FCS upgrade.