Jump to content

Recommended Posts

hi, can you give me some advice?
In the latest stable version, auto tracking for the Ka-52 works correctly, but in the latest DEV version it is not enabled. What files do I need to replace from the old stable version in DEV so that auto-tracking works again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! Are any of the RHS creators still in this thread?

 

The last updates were 3 years ago and now are all comments on Steam under RHS mods now closed!

Can someone answer my question? Now we can confidently say - R.I.P. for RHS mods?

 

PS:  To all Arma3 users, it’s a very pity, that the developers switched all your attention to Arma Reforger only and completely abandoned their work on Arma3, while @RHS has bugs and shortcomings and has not been updated for 3 years! 

It's doubly a pity, because Arma: Reforfer looks like a pathetic stub in front of Arma3...

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mickeymen said:

Hey! Are any of the RHS creators still in this thread?

 

The last updates were 3 years ago and now are all comments on Steam under RHS mods now closed!

Can someone answer my question? Now we can confidently say - R.I.P. for RHS mods?

 

PS:  To all Arma3 users, it’s a very pity, that the developers switched all your attention to Arma Reforger only and completely abandoned their work on Arma3, while @RHS has bugs and shortcomings and has not been updated for 3 years! 

It's doubly a pity, because Arma: Reforfer looks like a pathetic stub in front of Arma3...

 

Yes creators are still in this thread. RHS is a mod that will always have bugs, as its a passion project that has been developed by people on their free time that have very limited free time. We are not funded or motivated in any way to fix bugs or shortcomings. Arma Reforger offers an opportunity to bring our work into the future and is endlessly better to work in for our artists on their FREE time. We are sorry that this does not align with your entitlement. We are sorry to inform you that we will continue to do what we like with our free time and try to elevate the "stub" to be enjoyed by tens of thousands of people, as it clearly needs more help. When Arma 4 comes out i hope you can change your shitty opinion and say thank you that there is a full fledges RHS mod almost completely ready at release time.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still run RHS pretty much every time I come back to fire something up. Still works just fine, always been a staple in my time with Arma 3.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean there's some stuff I wish RHS had, and that the dev stuff would be moved onto stable, but despite that the mods are a staple in my groups repo.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean RHS has always been at the forefront of the modding scene, but realistically as soul_assassin said, it's a group effort. And while honestly it doesn't excite me, I don't denigrate a mod I don't play most of the time anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, soul_assassin said:

Yes creators are still in this thread. RHS is a mod that will always have bugs, as its a passion project that has been developed by people on their free time that have very limited free time. We are not funded or motivated in any way to fix bugs or shortcomings. Arma Reforger offers an opportunity to bring our work into the future and is endlessly better to work in for our artists on their FREE time. We are sorry that this does not align with your entitlement. We are sorry to inform you that we will continue to do what we like with our free time and try to elevate the "stub" to be enjoyed by tens of thousands of people, as it clearly needs more help. When Arma 4 comes out i hope you can change your shitty opinion and say thank you that there is a full fledges RHS mod almost completely ready at release time.

"FREE time" Blah, Blah, Blah.  

 

For as long as I can remember, I hear so much about free time and lack of salary. It turns out very strange that the creators of CUP or VTN work under the same conditions with RHS, but this does not stop them from support their mods!  Or do they have the most free time and money?

Why did you disable comments under your mods in Steam? We could see a lot of useful things in the comments, but now it's gone! Did you want to bury the RHS?

I’m not advocating that you quit working on Reforger. I encourage you to give one-two person, at least once a year to fix bugs and adapt RHS to the vanilla updates. But already three years past!

In three years it would be possible to force one person to fix at least several bugs, one update. In three years, Arma3 has probably been updated 10 times, but no one has tried to update RHS.

 

R.I.P. to this mod.  

 

I'm really sorry...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mickeymen said:

"FREE time" Blah, Blah, Blah.  

 

For as long as I can remember, I hear so much about free time and lack of salary. It turns out very strange that the creators of CUP or VTN work under the same conditions with RHS, but this does not stop them from support their mods!  Or do they have the most free time and money?

Why did you disable comments under your mods in Steam? We could see a lot of useful things in the comments, but now it's gone! Did you want to bury the RHS?

I’m not advocating that you quit working on Reforger. I encourage you to give one-two person, at least once a year to fix bugs and adapt RHS to the vanilla updates. But already three years past!

In three years it would be possible to force one person to fix at least several bugs, one update. In three years, Arma3 has probably been updated 10 times, but no one has tried to update RHS.

 

R.I.P. to this mod.  

 

I'm really sorry...

The comments are closed exactly to avoid this kind of entitled garbage. The lack of time and salary does not dictate that we can't work on Arma 3, but give us the ability to choose not to. CUP and VTN choose not to work on Reforger, it's the same thing. The fact of one choice being more preferable to YOU is the only difference. That's a YOU problem. What are you talking about allocating one-two people to fix bugs for A3? To force someone? Are you high? I'll email RHS human resource department to see how they can accommodate, maybe I'll have to get my torture devices out..

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mickeymen said:

"FREE time" Blah, Blah, Blah....  

 

Try reading the forum guidelines before posting your bile, you've clearly forgotten about the first guideline and your last post certainly invokes the fourth.

 

Embarrassing.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand both sides here: But u Guys should see it from the Arma3 Playerside too

They...we wait long time like updates 0.5.7 what in the Feedback Tracker page still not relased yet its. This its very sad becuse there its a lot of Worktime u spend in and many whould like those bugfixes. To say (so i have it understand a bit) this will never comes out its a wrong thinking. RHS have it say they focuses work fopr Arma4 this its OK and yes i whould wish to see updates for Arma3 too But i can wait without askings for updates.

 

and i wait for the M916 truck as well coz this whould be nice for logistics and more 😄

 

I Hope RHS u guys dont give up yet. its will very cool and nice if u can work for both arma3 and arma4...sooo many Groups and users are still present here. 🙂 

But i can understand if its make very much Work for one of this or but of it i am not a modder i dont have not this know how what need or what need not. But can u not like if u have something new like a model in reforger what comes too in Arma4 make for Arma3? whould this not a bit time reduce if this can work? as i say i a m not modder i no have plan of this. but i can image that its can be hard too. But i am sure u can find ways

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mickeymen said:

[redacted entitled nonsense]

I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain [a modder's workflow] to a man who rises and sleeps under the very [mods/addons RHS produces] and then questions the manner in which [they] provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up [the modding tools] and [do it yourself].

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2024 at 10:42 PM, soul_assassin said:

Yes creators are still in this thread. RHS is a mod that will always have bugs, as its a passion project that has been developed by people on their free time that have very limited free time. We are not funded or motivated in any way to fix bugs or shortcomings. Arma Reforger offers an opportunity to bring our work into the future and is endlessly better to work in for our artists on their FREE time. We are sorry that this does not align with your entitlement. We are sorry to inform you that we will continue to do what we like with our free time and try to elevate the "stub" to be enjoyed by tens of thousands of people, as it clearly needs more help. When Arma 4 comes out i hope you can change your shitty opinion and say thank you that there is a full fledges RHS mod almost completely ready at release time.

Surely you've improved something. Even that's better than absolutely nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2024 at 7:29 PM, EO said:

Try reading the forum guidelines before posting your bile, you've clearly forgotten about the first guideline and your last post certainly invokes the fourth.

"your bile" - Is that what you're telling me? What about "YOUR SHITTY OPINION" ?

 

On 5/26/2024 at 10:42 PM, soul_assassin said:

When Arma 4 comes out i hope you can change your shitty opinion and say thank you that there is a full fledges RHS mod almost completely ready at release time.

 

I'm not going to talk kindly to a person who considers my opinion as such! First, let this person learn to respect the opinions of others and let him choose an expression. 

Blah, Blah, Blah, - that was my answer to him  "shitty opinion".  Should this person also follow the rules of the forum or do the laws not work for him?

 

 

 

Now about the main thing

 

On 5/28/2024 at 6:52 PM, soul_assassin said:

The comments are closed exactly to avoid this kind of entitled garbage.

 

The RHS release date is  - January 16th. 2017

This means that before, the comments have been open for 99% of this time, its for about 7 years! It’s very strange that garbage in the comments appeared only relatively recently...

I think you understand

 

On 5/28/2024 at 6:52 PM, soul_assassin said:

. The fact of one choice being more preferable to YOU is the only difference. That's a YOU problem.

Who told you that this is only for ME!?
Are you saying that no one except me wants the RHS mods, to be supported for these three years!? This is absurd!

I am sure that HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of users would be happy if you, at least once a year, creators supported your mod and did not bury it!

 

On 5/26/2024 at 10:42 PM, soul_assassin said:

When Arma 4 comes out i hope you can change YOUR SHITTY OPINION and say thank you that there is a full fledges RHS mod almost completely ready at release time.

Here I agree with you, I will be happy to see you on Arma4! But this does not give the slightest reason not to support the mod for Arma3, at least once a year!

 

Personally, I've met hundreds of people on my streams who said that "RHS put dick on their mod" 

And they were right. There are issues in the mod, not critical, yes, but quite annoying.

You must support your game because @BIS continues to do so, вecause other popular mods keep doing it, вecause RHS - is number one mod!

Because ( NOT ONLY I) hundreds of thousands of your subscribers are waiting for it. I don't say - must support often, at least once a year!

 

But instead of support, you tell me about my - "SHITTY OPINION"

 

This is great...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway. Do you think somebody in the RHS team could do a tutorial with modded artillery pieces? I got some help from Discord, but I figured that since some devs work with the team, that the could do something for the community regarding setting minimum distances and the like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2024 at 10:36 PM, mickeymen said:

"your bile" - Is that what you're telling me? What about "YOUR SHITTY OPINION" ?

 

 

I'm not going to talk kindly to a person who considers my opinion as such! First, let this person learn to respect the opinions of others and let him choose an expression. 

Blah, Blah, Blah, - that was my answer to him  "shitty opinion".  Should this person also follow the rules of the forum or do the laws not work for him?

 

For some one who has been here since 2015 I expected better. You should already understand how to behave on the forums. You attitude and complete disrespect for our forum rules is disheartening. I would suggest you read the forum guidelines, before I start handing out forum infractions and timeouts.

 

Quote

No Trolling or Flame Baiting
Disruptive users who create threads or replies with the sole purpose of causing unrest, making off-topic discussions, or making posts to insult or gain a reaction from other users will be punished or removed accordingly. Any kind of personal insult, flame, or intimidation attempt is also not allowed. Users should simply report these posts. Responding with insults is considered equally unacceptable, regardless of who started it. Discussions should always remain civil and constructive. There is no need to turn disagreements into heated arguments, as doing so will result in moderation intervention.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2024 at 11:36 PM, mickeymen said:

I'm not going to talk kindly to a person who considers my opinion as such! First, let this person learn to respect the opinions of others and let him choose an expression. 

Blah, Blah, Blah, - that was my answer to him  "shitty opinion".  Should this person also follow the rules of the forum or do the laws not work for him?

Can't I have an opinion on your opinion :)?

 

Quote

The RHS release date is  - January 16th. 2017

This means that before, the comments have been open for 99% of this time, its for about 7 years! It’s very strange that garbage in the comments appeared only relatively recently...

I think you understand

Yeah because people like you started coming out for some reason thinking that we owe you something for some reason. It gets tiring to read. We said, maybe there will be one more release, maybe. Thats all we know. Yet you still come and ask the same garbage. It gets tiring.

 

Quote

Who told you that this is only for ME!?
Are you saying that no one except me wants the RHS mods, to be supported for these three years!? This is absurd!

I am sure that HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of users would be happy if you, at least once a year, creators supported your mod and did not bury it!

Maybe. Surely actually. Maybe millions even. But it's one thing to want it, and a whole other thing to step out of the crowd and start demanding it. Saying thing like, and I quote, "to give one-two person, at least once a year to fix bugs and adapt RHS to the vanilla updates" its just not the same as wanting there to be a new release. Thats what makes the difference between the hundreds of thousands of true fans, people that we love and appreciate, and who appreciate us, and YOU.

 

Quote

Personally, I've met hundreds of people on my streams who said that "RHS put dick on their mod"

And they were right. There are issues in the mod, not critical, yes, but quite annoying.

Yeah, very nice. You are one of these people.

 

Quote

You must support your game because @BIS continues to do so, вecause other popular mods keep doing it, вecause RHS - is number one mod!

Because ( NOT ONLY I) hundreds of thousands of your subscribers are waiting for it. I don't say - must support often, at least once a year!

 

But instead of support, you tell me about my - "SHITTY OPINION"

 

This is great...

For someone who seems to think they have the right to their full opinion, you dont seem to like my opinion about your opinion again. Let me explain to you again. I MUST do nothing. I am free to do anything I desire. I have no contract with you, I owe you nothing. I have worked on RHS more than 20 years. First OFP, then Arma, then Arma 2, then Arma 3, now Arma Reforger. Each one had a beginning and an end, each one more successful than the last. All things had an end, all things were unfinished. Every one of them had someone like you who thought I MUST finish it for them and "XXXS OF THOUSANDS OF OTHERS", or all civilization will end. But its ok.

 

But please I beg you, stop responding. This is really no reason to get an infraction or ban over. If moderators want to give me infraction, fair enough, but again I'm not going to cry about getting infractions for standing up for my team.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't disagree with that.

 

Here's the issue I'm having, the fireable area is smaller than the minimum range area, so it can fire in that small area, only HE I'm finding out, no Flares. But this is what I'm asking for help with, if you can:

 

http://ericjwrites.itgo.com/Arma3/wip1976.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EricJ said:

Can't disagree with that.

 

Here's the issue I'm having, the fireable area is smaller than the minimum range area, so it can fire in that small area, only HE I'm finding out, no Flares. But this is what I'm asking for help with, if you can:

 

http://ericjwrites.itgo.com/Arma3/wip1976.jpg

Perhaps ask in the Editing section of forums, or the Arma Discord editing section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Perhaps ask in the Editing section of forums, or the Arma Discord editing section.

 

Okay thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2024 at 1:06 AM, soul_assassin said:

For someone who seems to think they have the right to their full opinion, you dont seem to like my opinion about your opinion again. Let me explain to you again. I MUST do nothing. I am free to do anything I desire. I have no contract with you, I owe you nothing.

man, For the umpteenth time, I see you're having a conversation with yourself... I don’t understand at all Why you constantly tell me “I owe you nothing”,  “your shitty  opinion”, "I have no contract with you",  “YOU”, “YOU”, “YOU”, “YOU” etc.

I see that you still don't understand - Everything I wrote above  - this is not my personal desire or opinion!  This desire of hundreds of thousands of people. For this reason your phrases are not appropriate. Why don't these thousands people write to you here on the forum? They probably know more about you, than I can know...

Developers of @CUP, @VTN  also do not have contracts with their subscribers, they owe them nothing. However, unlike you, these people have more respect for their fans than you do. Because they still support their mods. It is impossible to argue with this. 

 

On 6/1/2024 at 1:06 AM, soul_assassin said:

But please I beg you, stop responding. This is really no reason to get an infraction or ban over. If moderators want to give me infraction, fair enough, but again I'm not going to cry about getting infractions for standing up for my team.

 

Of course I stop answering you, but not because you told me about this, You don't dare tell me what to do.  I stop answering  because talking with you is useless. Because now I received the answer to this question for myself, that I asked you in the first message:

 

On 5/26/2024 at 8:13 PM, mickeymen said:

The last updates were 3 years ago and now are all comments on Steam under RHS mods now closed!

Can someone answer my question? Now we can confidently say - R.I.P. for RHS mods?

 

Now I got the answer. Good luck RHS by road to Arma4

 

 

RIP

 

Arma3 RHS Mods

Date of Birth: January 16th. 2017 (The data is taken from the Steam) 
Date of Вeath: May 10th. 2021 (The data is taken from the Steam)

 

 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mickeymen said:

man, For the umpteenth time, I see you're having a conversation with yourself... I don’t understand at all Why you constantly tell me “I owe you nothing”,  “your shitty  opinion”, "I have no contract with you",  “YOU”, “YOU”, “YOU”, “YOU” etc.

I see that you still don't understand - Everything I wrote above  - this is not my personal desire or opinion!  This desire of hundreds of thousands of people. 

The thing is, those "hundreds of thousands of people" aren't posting in this thread in an entitled and cringe-inducing manner - YOU are. I imagine that is why the retort was levelled at YOU.

If you bothered to do any form of research you'd have discovered that whilst RHS content has only been available on Steam Workshop since ~ January 2017, as you correctly stated, you would know that much of the same content has been available for much longer (via the RHS website and other, now defunct sources such as Armaholic) since before October 2014. That is almost 10 YEARS ago, and that was version 0.3.0 - you'd have to go back even further for previous versions (but I couldn't find dates on the RHS website for those).

Either way, that is still over 10 YEARS of support...for content provided free of charge. "AAA" games you pay real money for don't get that length of support, and you're complaining that RHS has moved on and "abandoned" the mods with issues unresolved and bugs still present? I suppose you'll be complaining that Far Cry 3 still needs a patch next...

 

And while I'm here, what the hell is a...

Quote

Date of Вeath

...anyway?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2024 at 1:22 AM, mickeymen said:

“YOU”, “YOU”, “YOU”, “YOU” etc.

"You" is both a singular and a plural word in English. RHS, nor PuFu, has no contract and owes nothing to neither you, or any other "hundreds of thousands of..." YOUs

 

On 6/5/2024 at 1:22 AM, mickeymen said:

You don't dare tell me what to do

But YOU "dare" telling him what to do?)

Not that I defend RHS, I look down on their move to Reforger as much as everybody else, but can't you understand that being a crybaby about it will solve literally nothing? lmfao
Learn to mod and make and/or fix the content you want yourself.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2024 at 1:22 AM, mickeymen said:

[...] this is not my personal desire or opinion!  This desire of hundreds of thousands of people. For this reason your phrases are not appropriate. 

so you are a spokesperson for these hundreds of thousands of people? you are not doing a very good job i'm afraid

 

On 6/5/2024 at 1:22 AM, mickeymen said:

Why don't these thousands people write to you here on the forum? They probably know more about you, than I can know...

maybe because the majority knows that modding is a hobby, and just like with any hobby, the ones enjoying said hobby can change the location / avenue of their hobby (emphasis on hobby)

 

On 6/5/2024 at 1:22 AM, mickeymen said:

 Developers of @CUP, @VTN  also do not have contracts with their subscribers, they owe them nothing. However, unlike you, these people have more respect for their fans than you do. Because they still support their mods. It is impossible to argue with this.  

You are free to use either or both...? Supporting a mod is not about respect (that is earned, not given) but rather commitment. RHS is not committed towards A3 anymore. 

 

On 6/5/2024 at 1:22 AM, mickeymen said:

[...]You don't dare tell me what to do.     

This goes both ways cupcake....

 

On 6/5/2024 at 1:22 AM, mickeymen said:

Now I got the answer. Good luck RHS by road to Arma4  

Thanks

 

On 6/5/2024 at 1:22 AM, mickeymen said:

RIP

 

Arma3 RHS Mods

Date of Birth: January 16th. 2017 (The data is taken from the Steam) 
Date of Вeath: May 10th. 2021 (The data is taken from the Steam)

Actually RHS version 0.3.0 was not on Steam, but was released September 2014

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×