27 minutes ago, LiquidBlaze said:

This could be a easily answer by a developer with yes or no. Not a discuss...

It is answered, in the link PuFu gave you.

"Will you make XXX? No idea. Maybe, but probably not."

• Like 3

7 hours ago, j0zh94 said:

M885a1 is currently the highest penetrating 5.56 round we have and IRL it's comparable to the M80 ball in terms of penetration at 300m. Mk318 Mod 0 has the same intent just a different execution and slightly less performance as a result. Both are great rounds and we try our best to replicate their potential with the tools we have.

As for the ZSU23-4, I recently added AP belts to the mod you can use for your test.

rhs_mag_AZP23_250_ap (ZSU)

rhs_mag_AZP23_100_ap (ZU)

I found several sources that the M855A1 actually has better penetration performance than the M80 against hard targets like steel.  I also found a video of M855A1 fired from a 16" barrel penetrating armor rated to stop an M80 round travelling 2780fps. The same guy using a 22" barrel got the M855A1 to 3259fps and penetrated a level 3+ plus that had a V50 against M80 at 3093fps and M193 5.56mm at 3347fps. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20130922062140/http://www.aschq.army.mil/ac/aais/ioc/LCAAP/Industry_Day/634272332137343750.pdf

https://web.archive.org/web/20130922062140/http://www.aschq.army.mil/ac/aais/ioc/LCAAP/Industry_Day/634272332137343750.pdf

2 hours ago, BLACKOUT6IX said:

It is answered, in the link PuFu gave you.

"Will you make XXX? No idea. Maybe, but probably not."

It was a pretty smug way to answer though. Would have been more mature to just not have answered at all rather than the way he did. The FAQ reads like it was written by a pretentious 14 year old, over half the entries are passive aggressive nonsense. I'd expect better from a high quality mod studio.

I just don't understand the attitude.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

The attitude comes from a lot of people asking the same question over and over again, while not being able to read or understand.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, sputnik monroe said:

It was a pretty smug way to answer though. Would have been more mature to just not have answered at all rather than the way he did. The FAQ reads like it was written by a pretentious 14 year old, over half the entries are passive aggressive nonsense. I'd expect better from a high quality mod studio.

PuFu simply provided a link to the page titled Frequently Asked Questions, which holds the answers. What is the attitude? That is the whole point of that page. And maybe the humor is a little immature, but so what? Can't we have a little fun? They are nonesense to show anyone who reads them the pointlessness of asking these questions in the first place. We don't know when, what and if something comes. We are not going to make promises we can't keep. We do the best we can with what we have. A little understanding would be nice.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, sputnik monroe said:

a. it wasn’t a smug reply, but rather a standard one. Not really sure why people keep asking the same sort of questions over and over again, and when they get the only answer possible they still consider they are entitled to a yes or no answer.

When it comes to hobby modding, the plans are either long term and they encompass anything and everything you might have thought of (in 99% of the cases there wasn’t a thing that was asked of that we haven’t actually considered ourselves one way or the other) or really short term plans, with more clear roadmaps on individual level.

b. i personally don’t feel that the faq’s deliberate evasiveness is aggresive in any way...not really sure why is it that made you feel some humor = nonsense

c. I’m not expecting anything from you, or anyone else, so i’m not sure why you’d expect anything from me/us to begin with, be it content related or in regards to the answers (or the lack of, depending on case) i/we provide...

d. i don’t understand YOUR attitude either. do i/we owe you something? 

i’ll make a note though, maybe ignoring all the questions would be even better

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cry me a river said:

I found several sources that the M855A1 actually has better penetration performance than the M80 against hard targets like steel.  I also found a video of M855A1 fired from a 16" barrel penetrating armor rated to stop an M80 round travelling 2780fps. The same guy using a 22" barrel got the M855A1 to 3259fps and penetrated a level 3+ plus that had a V50 against M80 at 3093fps and M193 5.56mm at 3347fps. 

Yes, the more we researched the M855a1 the more we began to fear the nasty little round. M855a1 is nasty, but there's only so much we can do before we'll get accused of bias :f: 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, PuFu said:

a. it wasn’t a smug reply, but rather a standard one. Not really sure why people keep asking the same sort of questions over and over again, and when they get the only answer possible they still consider they are entitled to a yes or no answer.

When it comes to hobby modding, the plans are either long term and they encompass anything and everything you might have thought of (in 99% of the cases there wasn’t a thing that was asked of that we haven’t actually considered ourselves one way or the other) or really short term plans, with more clear roadmaps on individual level.

They ask questions probably because they like the mod and they are curious. As for the over an over part, I'm not going to go through his post history, but maybe this is the first time he's asked. If he has badgered you with the question over and over then that's something else.

56 minutes ago, PuFu said:

b. i personally don’t feel that the faq’s deliberate evasiveness is aggresive in any way...not really sure why is it that made you feel some humor = nonsense

I'm just use to FAQs having useful information in them. There's very little of value in the FAQ, the intent of it doesn't seem to be to answer questions at all I mean the title right away makes that clear "Frequently Answered (Stupid) Questions". At first glance that just tells me, "well this is a waste of time to read." You could shorten the FAQ down to basically this, "Q: question... A: piss off lolololol".  Humor is subjective, but I think most people would agree the FAQ isn't humorous it's lame.

1 hour ago, PuFu said:

c. I’m not expecting anything from you, or anyone else, so i’m not sure why you’d expect anything from me/us to begin with, be it content related or in regards to the answers (or the lack of, depending on case) i/we provide...

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, PuFu said:

d. i don’t understand YOUR attitude either. do i/we owe you something? 

No you don't owe me or anyone anything. I just find the way some of you treat people interested in the addon to be really disappointing. RHS is fantastic the quality is great but there's a sort of pretentiousness that's really off putting in the discussion a lot of times. Every single addon that has ever been since the days of OFP is going to have questions about "Hey are you guys going to do this or is that going to be added?" It's understandable that it can get tiresome seeing the same questions all the time, believe me I get that. But I don't understand why you cannot simply ignore those questions and move on, you always have to troll people that at the end of the day most of the time are fans.  

There are old timers like me that have been around for years that realize it's a faux pas to ask "when's the next update?" or variations of "are you going to add X?" but not everyone one here is an old timer some people are new to the series or new to the forum and don't know any better. Thank god for that, it means the community is still growing and breathing. I feel like it doesn't service the greater ARMA community at all in the big picture to snap at them and act like smug elitist. 

1 hour ago, PuFu said:

i’ll make a note though, maybe ignoring all the questions would be even better

I'd say just ignore the "are you adding X" or "whens the release" questions. Honestly though, if you cannot participate in the forum with out trolling and snapping at people, then maybe it would be better to take a break and not answer "any" questions at all. When you engage with people in that way you're only hurting RHS's reputation and at worse the community as whole. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, j0zh94 said:

Yes, the more we researched the M855a1 the more we began to fear the nasty little round. M855a1 is nasty, but there's only so much we can do before we'll get accused of bias :f: 

Empirically speaking your tanks are very biased with that penetration gap :f: jkjk. To be fair though the AP round for the AK74M far exceeds the M855A1 in penetration.

I apologize for the delay in the penetration test using APCs/IFVs. The problem I am having is that these "small" cannon rounds will go through a massive number of the light targets used for rifle testing but none of the heavy barricades used when testing tanks. I'm currently trying to find a good target to shoot at. I'll try and have it by Sunday at the latest.

38 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

man im tired of seeing this constant cycle of some entitled prick coming in and expecting RHS to bend backwards for them, RHS getting attacked for relatively politely responding to the same questions they constantly get with the same answers they constantly give, and then a big debate ensuing about who is or isnt the meanie and who is or isn't right. sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be better to just lock the thread or something. most important announcements get across on the facebook and twitter pages, the bug tracker exists, and the FAQ has all the answers to the... frequently asked questions.

Some one asked a yes/no question about the mod. If that's entitled behaviour and expecting some one to bend over backwards then the bar is about as low as it can possibly get for measuring entitled behaviour.

The answer was pretty barbed, I stated that I thought it could have been handled better or just ignoring it would have been better response.

It's not really a debate, it was an observation, do with it what you will. I think it reflects badly to snap at people innocently asking questions. Either answer politely or don't answer at all, it's really simple. I think that's a better solution than "shut it all down! lock it!" There's a good discussion going on about ammo performance, why should  that lose it's place by locking the thread?

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, sputnik monroe said:

Some one asked a yes/no question about the mod. If that's entitled behaviour and expecting some one to bend over backwards then the bar is about as low as it can possibly get for measuring entitled behaviour.

The answer was pretty barbed, I stated that I thought it could have been handled better or just ignoring it would have been better response.

It's not really a debate, it was an observation, do with it what you will. I think it reflects badly to snap at people innocently asking questions. Either answer politely or don't answer at all, it's really simple. I think that's a better solution than "shut it all down! lock it!" There's a good discussion going on about ammo performance, why should  that lose it's place by locking the thread?

Again, the response was a straight up URL to the FAQ page...what is so barbed about that? The answer in the FAQ accurately indicates that its NOT a yes and no question, and the answer is "maybe" simply because at this point in time we probably don't know.

Please to all, lets keep this on topic and keep it clean. Our FAQ page has also been cleaned up to be a bit more friendly and less passive aggressive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Did the tanks DLC bring anything new to the table? I'm just curious because other than cage armor and camo netting, I don't see what it brought that wasn't already in RHS.

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2018 at 10:51 AM, reyhard said:

M2 is using SLAP bullets where M107 is using Mk 211which has sort of small HEAT like penetrator which doesn't work against objects (test it i.e. with vehicles) due to Arma limitations (might be changed with Tanks DLC)

5 minutes ago, wendyvonbraun said:

Did the tanks DLC bring anything new to the table? I'm just curious because other than cage armor and camo netting, I don't see what it brought that wasn't already in RHS.

There are a few improvements, PhysX and damage related. Good stuff over all, and will pave the way for us to create more vehicles ourselves.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just wanted to say, as a 13M, the teaser you all put on Facebook is just making my day.

Red Hammer Studio is proud to present you the small teaser of the M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS), created by our artist RichardsD. Enjoy!

20180317152035_1.jpg

20180317152158_1.jpg

The M142 HIMARS is a wheeled, lighter version of the famous M270/M270A1 MLRS. Both use the same types of rockets and missiles and same FCS, however M142 can hold only a single missile pod with either 6 MLRS rockets or a single ATACMS missile contrary to M270 holding 12 MLRS rockets or 2 ATACMS missiles.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Hey everyone, Richards here. I want to do a quick Q+A session about the vehicle as it stands as I'm sure there'll be a few questions.

1. Can the commander turn out?

A: Yes, just like the real vehicle, the commander can turn out with the center hatch on the cab roof and fire his/her personal weapon.

2. What munitions will it have?

A: The vehicle will have cluster at a minimum. 

3. Will it be able to fire the 600mm ATACMS as well as the standard 227mm rockets?

A: We hope so. This is definitely new territory to have a modular loadout on the vehicle. I can't promise it, but we want to get that if possible.

4. What will the FCS be?

A: During testing it is the standard vanilla point + click FCS. My hope is we can re-create the text based one for realism.

5. Will there be GPS guided M30 Missiles?

A: Again, we hope so, but no promises :). This would be great to have.

6. What version of the HIMARS is this, and what factions will get it?

A: This is the most up-to-date version, featuring the fully armored cab. It will be available for both the USMC and US Army. 

Anyways, that's all for now, thanks for everyone's continued support, I look forward to sharing this with everyone once it is ready.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

On a personal note, we typically use a pintle mounted M240B in the commander's hatch to pull security during reloads or when on convoys, more so than our issued weapons. Not a request however, I can live without it and still be happy seeing that beauty in game!