Been driving a ton of you guys vehicles around, and in particular i find that the armored vehicles really turn very fast. Now I've never driven an armoured vehicle in real life but I was wondering if these are just a little too twitchy at high speeds? For me just tapping a or d results in a 20 degree turn instantly. If that's true to the real handling then no problems but if it's maybe a little off then it's worth mentioning.

Great mod. An essential for me now.

Been driving a ton of you guys vehicles around, and in particular i find that the armored vehicles really turn very fast. Now I've never driven an armoured vehicle in real life but I was wondering if these are just a little too twitchy at high speeds? For me just tapping a or d results in a 20 degree turn instantly. If that's true to the real handling then no problems but if it's maybe a little off then it's worth mentioning.

We got RedPhoenix for stuff like that, don't worry. :)

There will be one or 2 weapons, some scopes for both sides, a new tank modification.

Can you elaborate a bit on the tank modification? What exactly does that mean?

RedPheonix is still tweaking vehicles. And I must say he made a brilliant job so far, with the next version many of you will notice that many vehicles will behave differently, more realistically. Theres literally tons of things that needs tweaking.

All please remember that 0.3.0 release was a hasty release due to MANW, there were many bugs team was aware of, many of these were fixed, many more problems will be fixed. We also have many ideas and plans, however I can't and will not speak about, so I must repeat myself, be patient, and I am sure, with time and each next release everyone will be pleased. However neither do I, or team want to promise something to early, not to disappoint anyone, simply because there are many unknowns.

Make a note that I am neither coder nor model artist in a team, just researcher and tester, so I might not know everything. ;)

Can you elaborate a bit on the tank modification? What exactly does that mean?

Mainly more refined and improved armor and ammunition system, something that is allready partially implemented but this is still not a state we desired. Coding and modeling work behind this, is made by Reyhard, Olds and Bakerman, why me and Olds are mostly researching and discussing about calculations, armor models, protection and such kind of complex stuff.

We also work on vehicles FCS.

Edited by Damian90

Damian90 (or anyone from RHS team), are you planning on introducing new Russian equipment to reflect the newly-adopted Ratnik outfit?

Damian90 (or anyone from RHS team), are you planning on introducing new Russian equipment to reflect the newly-adopted Ratnik outfit?

The Ratnik outfit it hasn't been used widely, only in tests. In fact it's meant to start being fledged to the Russian Armed Forces at the beginning of next year.

( The Voice of Russia ) 'Ratnik' gear will make Russian troops fully-fledged soldiers of the future

( Turkish Weekly ) Russia to start field tests of ‘future soldier’ gear in December

Field tests of cutting-edge combat gear for Russian soldiers will begin in December, Russian Land Force commander-in-chief Col. Gen. Oleg Salyukov said Wednesday.

To this point, we are only including equipment widely used by Russian & USA forces.

The Ratnik outfit it hasn't been used widely, only in tests. In fact it's meant to start being fledged to the Russian Armed Forces at the beginning of next year.

( The Voice of Russia ) 'Ratnik' gear will make Russian troops fully-fledged soldiers of the future

( Turkish Weekly ) Russia to start field tests of ‘future soldier’ gear in December

To this point, we are only including equipment widely used by Russian & USA forces.

But does that mean you will add it in the future or not?

Because it would be good to represent a near future (2015+) conflict and of course if the AK-12 is picked you already have it available (although the A-545 is better imho)

Will there be a M16A4 with a UGL for the US and an AKSU for the russian side? I don't know if it's used by the RU army.^^

Because it would be good to represent a near future (2015+) conflict and of course if the AK-12 is picked you already have it available (although the A-545 is better imho)

I do not know, as I said at this point, we are only including equipment that is widely used by Russian & USA armed forces.

Will there be a M16A4 with a UGL for the US and an AKSU for the russian side? I don't know if it's used by the RU army.^^

I think they will be included eventually, hopefully sooner than later ( but sooner may mean months ).

And yeah, the AKSU is used in the Russian Army.

Edited by MistyRonin

At least one element of the "Ratnik" is ussued to spetsnaz GRU. The uniform (not equipment or gear) became standard for field operations and everyday carring for brigades which belong to ground component (2nd obrSpN, 3rd obrSpN, 10th, 14th, 22nd guobrSpN etc). So if you want to represent these forces, you need to bear in mind this moment. Now my friend is on active duty and if you are interested in, he can give all information and photos of this uniform.

P.S. Sorry for my English.

P.P.S. I'm the big fan of your amazing works for all games of ARMA/OFP series.

Now my friend is on active duty and if you are interested in, he can give all information and photos of this uniform.

Of course, all information and photos are welcomed. Contact us through PM ( you can write us in English or Russian ).

P.S. Sorry for my English.

It's not that bad, I could understand you perfectly :)

PLEASE RHS make RPG-29 in your next update pleaaaassssse :D

I'd like to ask, where can I give my feedback so you can comfortably read and analyze it? In short, RHS 5,56 rounds (or rifles, maybe, I don't know exactly how RV4 calculates damage) are very powerful, on par with BIS 6,5 mm, the other rounds are equal. IOTV has the same protection level as 6B23 (2x7,62, 3xRHS 5,56, 4xBIS 5,56 at 200m). It's highly doubtful that 14 kg IOTV would have the same protection, as 10kg 6B23, since they both include ceramic plates. Also, it feels that both vests should have 20-30% more protection, but I may be wrong, since the manufacturers aren't eager in revealing these specs. Maybe, this matter needs further investigation?

P.S.: actually, I would rather believe in Russian vests inferiority, assuming terrible quality control and outdated fixed assets on the most of Russian plants, which I unfortunately know very, very well... But that's another story.

I think Russian Defense Ministry already denied AK-12. They will probably go with the American route - stick with a tested rifle (AK-74), perhaps adding a couple modifications, but leaving mostly as is.

Now my friend is on active duty and if you are interested in, he can give all information and photos of this uniform.

Is he fighting in Ukraine? ;)

I think Russian Defense Ministry already denied AK-12. They will probably go with the American route - stick with a tested rifle (AK-74), perhaps adding a couple modifications, but leaving mostly as is.

There is nothing revolutionary in AK-12, just minor improvements.

There are no russian soldiers in Ukraine, there are no russian soldiers in Ukraine, there are no russian soldiers in Ukraine...

Edited by ZiGreen

There are no russian soldiers in Ukraine, there are no russian soldiers in Ukraine, there are no russian soldiers in Ukraine...

That's exactly what Putin was saying when Russian soldiers were in Crimea. Moreover, you claim that it's newbie guerillas who operate these Kornet ATGMs in Ukraine?^^

P.S.: it's better not to flood the thread with political bulls..t

Edited by woore

That's exactly what Putin was saying when Russian soldiers were in Crimea. Moreover, you claim that it's newbie guerillas who operate these Kornet ATGMs in Ukraine?^^

Mmm... I think, the RHS thread is not appropriate for political discussion. For additional comments, please contact my FSB mentor.

And yeah, the AKSU is used in the Russian Army.

AKS-74U for crew (tanks, helicopters, BMP, BMD).

And is there any chances to see RPK-74M, AS VAL, VSS Vintorez in RHS?

can you guys add crew positions on top of bmd's, like the ones in arma 2 ace? would make them a lot more useful and realistic

Would it be possible to get your scopes (namely the 3.5-10x Leupold) configured to mount rifles from other mods, or does that lie within the config of each weapon? I'm a big fan of the magnification range, and it's very well made.

Would it be possible to get your scopes (namely the 3.5-10x Leupold) configured to mount rifles from other mods, or does that lie within the config of each weapon? I'm a big fan of the magnification range, and it's very well made.

This is up to the makers of the weapons, as it is the weapon that defines which scopes it takes and not the other way around.

eventually, especially if it spreads. but given the rate the new stuff is absorbed, i wouldn't hold my breath for anything you would call "soon"

AK-12 is not fielded, and afaik, it won't be anytime soon. It is on some of my to finish it up lists

There is nothing revolutionary in AK-12, just minor improvements.

please keep the russian-ukrain conflict to the specific thread

AKS-74U for crew (tanks, helicopters, BMP, BMD).

And is there any chances to see RPK-74M, AS VAL, VSS Vintorez in RHS?

yes on all accounts

Can we expect the up armored humvee(s)?

Yes, we would like to have them. When? No one knows.