7 hours ago, Gabriel.13 said:

Guys i don`t know if this has already been addressed, but the top mounted Peq 15 is not compatible with the HK416, it clips with the rail.

Is it a problem in my end?

Thanks alot and i`m sorry for any inconveniences

Edit: found answer/solution in the thread

yup its currently a game limitation what you are seeing. Simply fully trying the weapon should set the laser back on the rail.

• Like 1

Can somebody tell me if RHS units are supposed to be using their RPGs against infantry and cars?

Yes, they are. IRL, various terrorists use them like that all the time. Truth to be told, today the RPG-7 has a lot of trouble when faced with actual armor, but against older IFVs, softskins and wheeled APCs it can be effective. Don't expect it to take down a tank, though, it takes its bigger brother, the RPG-29 (sadly missing from RHS) to really threaten them with this kind of launcher.

Would it be possible to have the HK416-fitted PEQ15's available directly on the weapon instead of through a script, but hidden from the M4/M16's? Or is the script done so that you can use the same item between both if you were mounting it mid-game?

The script is so that you can pick up either class and it will load the one that fits the model.

It's not possible to show only one type of PEQ for a specific type of weapon in the Arsenal, without making the other type impossible to mount. Arsenal shows all compatible attachments for a weapon unless the attachment is placed in private scope in the config. And private scope is universal to all weapons.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

Would it be possible to have the HK416-fitted PEQ15's available directly on the weapon instead of through a script, but hidden from the M4/M16's? Or is the script done so that you can use the same item between both if you were mounting it mid-game?

so what you are saying is that clicking TRY is way to hard to do? which makes the PEQ15 fit as it should?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PuFu said:

so what you are saying is that clicking TRY is way to hard to do? which makes the PEQ15 fit as it should?

No, I was just curious about why it worked the way it did, for no particular reason. I have full faith in the RHS script magic and your design choices. Sorry if I came off the wrong way.

So i've got aquestion...

On the US Army MRAPs there's a thing that can be raised or lowered called a "Rhino" how would you recommend using this in game? :smile_o:

• Like 1

Is there an S-5 rocket launcher in RHS? I know there's an S-8 and (as of recently-ish) S-13, but I'm not sure about S-5. I know that it was in ArmA2, it uses that distinctive launcher with a bunch of small tubes in front.

1 minute ago, dragon01 said:

Is there an S-5 rocket launcher in RHS? I know there's an S-8 and (as of recently-ish) S-13, but I'm not sure about S-5. I know that it was in ArmA2, it uses that distinctive launcher with a bunch of small tubes in front.

Yes. There are S-5 launchers on the CDF Mi-24D and the L-39.

Thanks, I hoped there's a Su-25 with those. I'm really looking forward to dynamic loadout being implemented in RHS. 

• Like 1

I made a mission using RHS units.  See the "Desperate Measures" link in my signature below.  What got me started on it was trying to find a way to use the awesome US M977A4-B repair truck with mounted MG!  Enjoy.

22 hours ago, Hamakaze said:

So i've got aquestion...

On the US Army MRAPs there's a thing that can be raised or lowered called a "Rhino" how would you recommend using this in game? :smile_o:

In real world Rhino is a device that is used to prematurely detonate EFP IED's and mines that use EFP charge attacking vehicle side with thermal signature trigger device. So I guss it should work with stuff like vanilla ArmA3 SLAM mines?

• Like 4

I was just playing around with RHS and had an idea. How about an "RHS Retro" pack? I'm thinking 80s/90s (Desert Storm and Soviet war in Afghanistan era, mostly). For the Soviets, it seems that everything's pretty much already there, mostly in GREF. Afghanka, AK-74, Hinds, old vehicles and camo patterns... The US part would be harder, requiring addition of BDUs and M16A2, at least, as well as modifications to vehicles (or rather, removing the modern modifications that they have), but I'd be happy with just having the Soviets. Given the equipment they almost could be a part of GREF. :) 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dragon01 said:

I was just playing around with RHS and had an idea. How about an "RHS Retro" pack? I'm thinking 80s/90s (Desert Storm and Soviet war in Afghanistan era, mostly). For the Soviets, it seems that everything's pretty much already there, mostly in GREF. Afghanka, AK-74, Hinds, old vehicles and camo patterns... The US part would be harder, requiring addition of BDUs and M16A2, at least, as well as modifications to vehicles (or rather, removing the modern modifications that they have), but I'd be happy with just having the Soviets. Given the equipment they almost could be a part of GREF. :) 

Have you looked at the Soviet Armed Forces mod by Collaborationist? It uses just RHS equipment to create soviet-era units.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dragon01 said:

There's that Soviet Armed Forces mod by Collaborationist that does what you described, and for the US you can use the virtual garage to remove most of the "modern stuff" and use the US Military Mod by Delta Hawk, but you'll need M16A2s, the RobertHammer pack is still a pretty good option and CUP weapons have gotten way better and use the same Laxemann sounds as RHS. It's a bigger diversion of resources (for the US counterparts at least) than you might think.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dragon01 said:

How about an "RHS Retro" pack? I'm thinking 80s/90s (Desert Storm and Soviet war in Afghanistan era, mostly). 

this sounds like a request, and you already know what is the answer for all requests.

That being said, just like other mods that are based of RHS, feel free to create your own configs and custom content to define and complete whatever period of time your heart desires.

• Like 7

Not really a request, more like an idea/observation that I wanted to throw out. Note that unlike most suggestions, it doesn't involve a lot of modeling, only configuration, at least as far as the Soviets go. I thought that with all the OFP nostalgia sparked by the release of the updated Malden drawing near, it could interest some people on the team. :) All Soviet assets that were in OFP are already made, though the US are missing (discounting older variants of units that are already in, which would also take some reworking) the BDU, M16A2, HMMWV-mounted TOW and the Patton tank, so there would be a lot of modeling on their side (even discounting the Patton, since my idea was not about remaking OFP with RHS assets). 

I could possibly configure the Soviets myself (would certainly be a nice way to get into modding), but I'm sure that I'd get something wrong. :) What I love about RHS is how accurate it is, more than any other mod. I'd probably bungle something. I can hunt for references, but I don't know anyone who was in the Soviet army during that time to point out inaccuracies. Besides, it seems that the Soviets are already made, so I could at least put them up against some Mujaheddin on one of the Afghan maps.

7 hours ago, Zantza said:

Have you looked at the Soviet Armed Forces mod by Collaborationist? It uses just RHS equipment to create soviet-era units.

I didn't know about it. Will check it out.

45 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Not really a request, more like an idea/observation that I wanted to throw out. [...] it could interest some people on the team. :)

i don't want to drag this further, but the above does indeed sounds like any other request...

Note that unlike most suggestions, it doesn't involve a lot of modeling, only configuration, at least as far as the Soviets go. [...] I could possibly configure the Soviets myself (would certainly be a nice way to get into modding) :)

which is precisely what i said you are more than welcome to do.

• Like 3

RHS MANPADs damage  weak or RHS helicopters have overly strong armor 

Both  helicopter screws remain intact after a  hit. (heli don`t have flares in this example)

arma3-2017-04-16-20-00-33-960.gif

Spoiler

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sammael said:

RHS MANPADs damage  weak or RHS helicopters have overly strong armor 

Both  helicopter screws remain intact after a direct hit. 

Honestly, I'd be happy to have hit the damn thing, instead of blowing through ammo on flares. That being said, you might want to put in a ticket at the RHS bug tracker for good measure. Lest we forget, the autoloader debacle of 2017.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, REFORGER88 said:

As you can see in video under spoiler MANPAD is very deadly weapon IRL. Just my question to devs. Maybe it is ok and planing by RHS.

I am not able to see the propellers of C-130J (used Tanoa map) when it is on the ground. 

Just before I open a ticket can someone please confirm?