Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thread tidied up - random posting of videos with out explanation is not needed. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not able to spawn the MRZR into a multiplayer game on my server. There are a few others as well. Could anyone help with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"rhsusf_c_mrzr" "rhsusf_mrzr"  do have these in your in your Mission.sqm under addons?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 03/01/2017 at 11:37 AM, Damian90 said:

ah105.jpg

ah64_aim9_1.jpg

 

AH-64's are capable to use not only FIM-92's but also AIM-9's. It's not exclusive for AH-1W and AH-1Z.

That's not a thing. Notice that those are 64 alpha models. The tips of the weapons pylons have countermeasure sensors on them now, and the Army is NOT going to sacrifice survivability for anything. Also, as far as I know, there isn't an "Air-Worthiness Release" for use of stinger or aim-9 missiles on the Apache.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, b00ce said:

That's not a thing. Notice that those are 64 alpha models. The tips of the weapons pylons have countermeasure sensors on them now, and the Army is NOT going to sacrifice survivability for anything. Also, as far as I know, there isn't an "Air-Worthiness Release" for use of stinger or aim-9 missiles on the Apache.

 

AH-64D's and AH-64E's can use AIM-9's and FIM-92's, initially AH-64E was meant to not have that capability but it was retained by modifing wings and how countermessure systems are mounted on them.

 

We do not seen them used simply because there is no need at the moment to do so, and there is no point for attack helicopter to carry additional missiles that wont be used due to lack of aerial threats.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little piece of feedback...

AK-74,AKS-74 and AKS-74U looking better than AK-74M.I mean scratches and damage.It's looks like it's just from factory.

Worth to make ticket?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pan Samogon said:

A little piece of feedback...

AK-74,AKS-74 and AKS-74U looking better than AK-74M.I mean scratches and damage.It's looks like it's just from factory.

Worth to make ticket?

NO not worth to make ticket. Each artist chooses to create own style of damage.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soul_assassin said:

Each artist chooses to create own style of damage.

 

Can't disagree.Still - it's too new.Looks wierd.Like it's never been used.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pan Samogon said:

 

Can't disagree.Still - it's too new.Looks wierd.Like it's never been used.


:face_palm:

Thank you for saying the same thing, twice.

 

(Sigh... move that one to the left column.)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

thank you for this great mod. I play it many times with my friends. We also like the touches you did to make the game play more realistic: like weight of rockets when loaded or the requirement to have a full crew on a tank.

The side effect (don't think it is intended) that you cannot use "fire at will" on AI controlled tanks when the team is controlled by player. The AI only fires at assigned targets. That can make controlling tanks an headache, where we use e.g. one or two AI tanks for overwatch..

If you could look into this or give an hint if there is a way to make AI tanks "fire on sight" on their own. Thank you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

 

Can't disagree.Still - it's too new.Looks wierd.Like it's never been used.

Oh wow..We can't start this discussion again. A big argument before about ak's looking too dirty and scratched..And now one about them not being scratched enough ;D 

 

Let's just..not.:f:

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Oh wow..We can't start this discussion again. A big argument before about ak's looking too dirty and scratched..And now one about them not being scratched enough ;D 

 

Let's just..not.:f:

 

Well,mine IRL AK-74M'95 was something like between current RHS AK-74M and AK-74 :P

Not really big issue,but still.Slightly more damage would make it better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pan Samogon said:

 

Well,mine IRL AK-74M'95 was something like between current RHS AK-74M and AK-74 :P

Not really big issue,but still.Slightly more damage would make it better.

feel free to create your own textures if you need to.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Oh wow..We can't start this discussion again. A big argument before about ak's looking too dirty and scratched..And now one about them not being scratched enough ;D 

 

Let's just..not.:f:

LOL!

 

Spot on, crippled asexual plant louse :smiley-evil:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No personal offense intended, but aphidae are remarkably destructive plant parasites.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like RHS, it's fantastic addon. But after reading this thread off and on for a few months now I have to ask, what is this thread for? If anyone makes a comment, a suggestion or ask a question they get talked down to. I can understand being annoyed by people just demanding new items or constantly asking about release dates but the other stuff is out of line. 

 

  If people can't ask something like "Hey any chance of x ever being in the mod?" then why even have this thread? You can be polite and just say, no that's not going to happen we are focusing on other things, you don't have to be so hostile in your responses. If they are asking it's because they enjoy your mod. People asking if you guys might consider changing a texture a little is known as "feedback" you don't have to do it obviously and it's not an insult for them to ask. However apparently that's not allowed around here? 

 

  Seriously, no bug reports, no questions about the future, no constructive feedback, what does that leave? Simply fawning? If that's all this thread is for then cool but put it in the first post and rename this the RHS positive feedback thread or something. As it is now simply calling it RHS Escalation (AFRF and USAF) is misleading, it makes it sound like a general discussion of the mod. This leads people to think they can ask about and discuss many issues.

 

  Now benefit of the doubt time, I understand for content creators it's very obnoxious hearing content request and sometimes outright demands, plus it gets annoying reading the same questions over and over such as "when is it coming out?". However if you cannot handle that just don't respond to those questions or take a break from the thread for a while. Getting annoyed and becoming hostile to your entire fan base is counter-constructive. Like I said though benefit of the doubt, I don't think anyone in this thread means to be as hostile as they are, but people need to step back and appreciate that people are interested in RHS and enjoy it enough that they want to discuss it. However not all discussion is simply going to be "this is awesome." some people are going to say things like "love the mod but X could be improved maybe." or "X would be cool if..." 

 

  Anyway I'm taking a long break from this thread. There's nothing in it anymore but hostility and there's no discussion allowed except for "cool mod bro, keep up the good work!"

 

  Hopefully, I'll check back sometime and it'll be less hostile. RHS is awesome one of the two top addons in my opinion and I hope the future holds more great stuff. But the forum thread is pointless and way too hostile.

 

  

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sputnik monroe said:

Seriously, no bug reports, no questions about the future, no constructive feedback, what does that leave? Simply fawning? If that's all this thread is for then cool but put it in the first post and rename this the RHS positive feedback thread or something. As it is now simply calling it RHS Escalation (AFRF and USAF) is misleading, it makes it sound like a general discussion of the mod. This leads people to think they can ask about and discuss many issues.

-Snip-

 

RHS have there own Feedback/Bug tracker specifically for people to file bug reports on and to mitigate unnecessary clogging of this thread. RHS have been around for quite a few years and you can only begin to imagine the amount of people asking them for XYZ over that time, hence most people end up being directed here. I often see some of the RHS guys in here contributing to whatever conversation may be taking place at the time, you only have to look. For the quality of content they provide (free of charge to the end user) and the countless hours they invest into bringing it to the community it's easy to see why they may at times get frustrated with some of the stupid comments that are constantly thrown into this thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sputnik monroe said:

I like RHS, it's fantastic addon. But after reading this thread off and on for a few months now I have to ask, what is this thread for? If anyone makes a comment, a suggestion or ask a question they get talked down to. I can understand being annoyed by people just demanding new items or constantly asking about release dates but the other stuff is out of line.   

If people can't ask something like "Hey any chance of x ever being in the mod?" then why even have this thread? You can be polite and just say, no that's not going to happen we are focusing on other things, you don't have to be so hostile in your responses. If they are asking it's because they enjoy your mod. People asking if you guys might consider changing a texture a little is known as "feedback" you don't have to do it obviously and it's not an insult for them to ask. However apparently that's not allowed around here? 

 

we already said numerous times before: do not ask for a few things, because you will not get an answer:
1. release dates - we usually have a very vague idea ourselves because it is in relation to finishing things in our free time and that free time is not a given, as well as sinking it with BI updates (there is no reason to push a patch before BI just to find out things are not working correctly after BI updates it)

 

2. will there be / when will there be and my all-time favorite "why haven't you added" (add it from where?) sort of question. - we don't discuss plans because that leads to "but you said Y will be in, why isn't it in already". We used to do it before, not anymore because it went from bad to worse.

 

3. in general terms, for all the question about X or Y being in the mod, as long as it is actively used by USAF and AFRF, yes there is a chance. I haven't seen a single request or question here about a feature or an item we haven't thought about ourselves. The other type of question about we keep receiving after the SAF release: will  you do BAF, CRO, BUND etc etc has been answered multiple times before, i personally spent some time and wrote a blog post about it

 

4. this thread is not read by all our developers, and 50% of the times, the reported issues have nothing to do with RHS to begin with. We have a feedback tracker because that format allows us to keep track of reports better (from duplicates to other mods used to being able to upload videos, images and rpt data).

 

for the above, we have a FAQ written and available:
http://www.rhsmods.org/faq

 

Quote

Seriously, no bug reports, no questions about the future, no constructive feedback, what does that leave? Simply fawning? If that's all this thread is for then cool but put it in the first post and rename this the RHS positive feedback thread or something. As it is now simply calling it RHS Escalation (AFRF and USAF) is misleading, it makes it sound like a general discussion of the mod. This leads people to think they can ask about and discuss many issues.

 

Discussion about the mod in general, constructive criticism (it needs to be constructive to begin with, it doesn't need to be positive). To be honest, we love positive feedback, but we love to hear feedback no matter if it is bad or good as long as one can build upon it, which is most important - that is the reason for this thread.

 

The recent remark about the wear and tear on the ak-74 for instance, has been noted. But as each 3d artist within RHS is allowed to express himself freely due to the fact that this is a free mod to begin with, as long as the content is up to RHS quality, each artist is allowed to choose how he deals with damage, type of materials used etc. We also have 90% of out content hiddenselection ready, so if you feel you would have done it differently, you are more than welcome to try and do a better job, no one in RHS is gonna feel offended by it. We will get offended if you will be keep pushing the same opinion on and on though..

 

Quote

 Now benefit of the doubt time, I understand for content creators it's very obnoxious hearing content request and sometimes outright demands, plus it gets annoying reading the same questions over and over such as "when is it coming out?". However if you cannot handle that just don't respond to those questions or take a break from the thread for a while. Getting annoyed and becoming hostile to your entire fan base is counter-constructive. Like I said though benefit of the doubt, I don't think anyone in this thread means to be as hostile as they are, but people need to step back and appreciate that people are interested in RHS and enjoy it enough that they want to discuss it.

 

You need to understand the mentality behind RHS: we do what we do because we like to push ourselves and this game and we do it for ourselves. We choose to share this work we do with everyone else as well, but our user base is not our aim, it is a consequence of us sharing the work we do. (case of point it has been years since i have actually played an Arma game instead of mod it)

 

We have asked people that are not part of RHS to stop responding for us, but that keeps on happening due to the nature of the forums and internet overall, and yes, that leads to even more trouble than it is needed.

 

Quote

However not all discussion is simply going to be "this is awesome." some people are going to say things like "love the mod but X could be improved maybe." or "X would be cool if..." 

 

Anyway I'm taking a long break from this thread. There's nothing in it anymore but hostility and there's no discussion allowed except for "cool mod bro, keep up the good work!"

 

And yes, discussions are allowed. But discussion does not mean a constant and ongoing interrogatory about what, when and why not, like you seem to think it needs to be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sputnik monroe said:

[rant]

  

To make it short:

 

This is why we have this topic:

 

 

We would have most probably missed this for even longer.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to limit the control panel in c-130 to specific positions? I.e. pilot, co-pilot etc?
I don't want the infantry sitting at back mass with it :)

Another question is, how can I turn on/off interior light and jump light via script?
I checked the variable on c-130 but didn't see any related one

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Is there a way to limit the control panel in c-130 to specific positions? I.e. pilot, co-pilot etc?
I don't want the infantry sitting at back mass with it :)

Another question is, how can I turn on/off interior light and jump light via script?
I checked the variable on c-130 but didn't see any related one

I would also be interested to know the answer of the first question.

 

About the second question, I use these commands :

// Interior lights
_veh animateSource ["cargolights_hide",1];
(_veh turretUnit [0]) action ["searchlightOn",  _veh];

// Jump green light
_veh animateSource ["jumplight",1];

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering about the UAV Operator. With vanilla, if I place a NATO UAV Operator, I have mousewheel options to assemble a darter, access the control panel, etc.

 

But when I play as a USMC D UAV Operator, I don't have any mousewheel options. I also tried placing the backpack on the floor and tried interacting with it that way too and no luck. It's like the backpack is empty.

 

Does anyone know offhand how to properly use RHS UAV Operators so they can assemble and use UAV's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×