The Red Hammer Studios team is very proud to announce our first major release for Arma 3 - RHS: Escalation!
Under this name we present two totally standalone mods: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and United States Armed Forces (if you download them separately and play with both enabled, you are effectively playing Escalation).
This is all just a tiny preview of what is to come from our side, with many nice things and improvements planned for the future.
- Countless new vehicles: tanks, cars, IFVs and APCs for both sides to use, as well as atmospheric objects like radars.
- Completely new soldier models and dozens of gear objects make for over 700 possible unit customization possibilities. Use the supplied virtual ammo crates to quickly make your own custom setups.
- New weapons and attachments. Have everything at your disposal to take on your enemy.
- Realism enhancements: full PhysX support and realistic configurations, complex Fire Control Systems for applicable vehicles. New user interface items representing control and awareness systems of vehicles to increase atmosphere and gameplay dynamics. Also our constantly expanding and improved decal system has even migrated to the US side.
- Fully ZEUS compatible.
- Fully ALiVE compatible. Many thanks goes towards ALiVE team making sure RHS Evolution can be enjoyed using ALiVE Framework!
- Fully Task Force Radio compatible. Many thanks to the developers of TFA and their effort making sure everything was in place for you to enjoy it right out of the box! TFA will even contain new radios made in the style of our units!
- Future-proof: sling-loading will work once they make their way to the stable branch. If you are playing on development branch you should have these features enabled already! FFV will come later as releasing it now would cause problems for those of you playing on the stable branch.
Many many more...
This is just the beginning! As you might already know, RHS Evolution development will not stop with MANW competition, we will build on it in order to polish the existing, add new content and features!
- Further optimization: Especially for the US side, some of the vehicles will receive more resolution lods.It will come in future builds, or even as hotfixes. Rest assured though that with hundreds of hours of testing we have yet to receive a performance drop complaint.
- Commercial logos on weapons and equipment. For the sake of avoiding complications in the legal department we decided to change those on the US side with our own. This was mostly to do with MANW. In the near future we will change it back for the sake of authenticity.
- Missions. We ran out of time on this one and are not able to deliver a set of missions that we are confident would reflect the type of quality we would want to deliver. However, may mission makers have had access to our alpha build and have been independently producing missions with our content. Expect to see them shortly. We have also teamed up with the producers of the hugely successful King of the Hill game mode to produce a special version of KOTH. It will also go live just a little after the MANW submissions close.
- Bugs squashing. As we were adding new content almost to the last day before release, there might still be some left. We had a large group of dedicated players testing around our stuff for almost a month and were able to polish a lot of errors in time for MANW. If you encounter any sort of pesky bugs (although you really shouldnâ€™t), please let us know as fast as possible.
- Functionality. In future development builds every piece of equipment will be useable to some degree or another. For now, some of the things that were originally envisioned to have a little more functionality are simply for eye candy. A good example of this are the radars that come along with the pack.
- Content and features - while we donâ€™t want to disclose anything at this very moment, we can safely say there is a lot of work that is going on behind the curtains that we havenâ€™t had the chance to finish in time for MANW, but it is still obviously planned to be implemented into future builds.
Unpack the two folders (RHSAFRF and RHSUSF, note that if you downloaded them separately then the following instructions apply to either/or) from the downloaded archive into the root of Arma 3 installation. Add the mods to the start up using either your favorite launcher or by adding the -Mod=RHSAFRF;RHSUSF; (note the absence of the @ symbol) to the launch options of Arma 3 in Steam. If you downloaded the Escalation package, you will find 3 missions contained in the archive. You can extract these to your `Arma 3\Missions` folder.
All the stuff included in the mod is accessible through the in-game editor. The 3 small missions available within the game through `Play>Scenarios`.
DOCUMENTATION AND CREDITS
Full documentation can be found here: http://doc.rhsmods.org/
DISCLAIMER AND LICENSE
ALL THE COMPUTER PROGRAMS AND SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT THEY ARE FREE OF ERROR, OR ARE CONSISTENT WITH ANY PARTICULAR STANDARD OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR THAT THEY WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS FOR ANY PARTICULAR APPLICATION. THEY SHOULD NOT BE RELIED ON FOR SOLVING A PROBLEM WHOSE INCORRECT SOLUTION COULD RESULT IN INJURY TO A PERSON OR LOSS OF PROPERTY. IF YOU DO USE THEM IN SUCH A MANNER, IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR AND PUBLISHER DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE PROGRAMS.
By downloading and using the Red Hammer Studios: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, Red Hammer Studios: United States Armed Forces or Red Hammer Studios: Escalation mods, you hereby agree to the following license agreement.
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
The work contained in this distribution is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You can view the license by clicking on the icon at the bottom of this page. Please note that the above mentioned agreement gives the right to Red Hammer Studios to waiver any of the conditions, thus feel free to contact us to obtain permission to modify our work.
This add-on is provided for Arma 2: Combined Operations or Arma 3 and is not to be used with VBS or any of its derivatives built for the purpose of military training.
That is it on bulky lists. The last thing to do is give you the links so you can start battling it out!
Downloads <- http://www.rhsmods.org (.torrents only right now until mirrors are up)
Documentation <- http://doc.rhsmods.org
SERVER KEY FILE HOTFIX (both for users and admins) For 0.3.0<- http://www.rhsmods.org/downloads
It's a little late but 0.3.5 is finally at a stage where we feel it is stable enough to hold the fort until 0.4. Head over to http://www.rhsmods.org/ to grab the torrent files, read the changelogs and generally goof around!
UPDATE 3: 18.01.2015
Public Continuous Release Program Open!
Red Hammer Studios is very excited to announce that we are moving towards a once per month release program! The first version is available tonight and if you follow the instructions (http://www.rhsmods.org/updater) you will be on your way!
It will also give us the opportunity to fix and release critical bug fixes much quicker. Our initial aim is to have a new version available through the updater at least once a month.
Updated changelogs are available for both factions: ftp://ftp.rhsmods.org/beta/rhsafrf/CHANGELOG.txt and ftp://ftp.rhsmods.org/beta/rhsusaf/CHANGELOG.txt and from now on will also be available in Russian thanks to the guys at TEHGAM community!
UPDATE 4: 28.02.2015
Version 0.3.6 Released!
Tonight we are pleased to announce the release of 0.3.6! Head over to http://www.rhsmods.org/page/updater if you still were not using the updater. If you were following the beta before, just run the updaters! Want to quickly check what has changed while you download? Check out the changelogs:
ftp://ftp.rhsmods.org/beta/rhsusaf/CHANGELOG.txt and ftp://ftp.rhsmods.org/beta/rhsafrf/CHANGELOG.txt
UPDATE 5: 19.04.2015
Version 0.3.7 Released!
With a little delay we are proud to present to you 0.3.7! This released from the beginning was planned as a bug fixing version so we focused mainly to stabilize the platform and add some realism features, including getting the mods up to scratch with all the things added to Arma 3 1.42 version. But don't be afraid! There are still plenty of new toys to play with! Read the full changelogs here: http://www.rhsmods.org/mod/1#changelog and http://www.rhsmods.org/mod/2#changelog
The mods can be downloaded via our updaters (download v1.1 from our site) or Torrents.
IMPORTANT! From version 0.3.7 we have moved to version and mod based server keys. This should stop people with incorrect versions joining servers. To get the keys head to the mod's respective download pages.
UPDATE 6: 11.06.2015
Version 0.3.8 Released!
We're live! Another month, another update. Ok a bit more than a month but we think you will see that the wait was worth it! Many bug fixes, many new things around. Just turn on your updaters or head over to http://www.rhsmods.org/ to grab the torrents.
Like us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/redhammerstudios) and rate on moddb (http://www.moddb.com/mods/rhs-armed-forces-of-the-russian-federation-a3 and http://www.moddb.com/mods/rhs-united-states-armed-forces )
Feedback Tracker: http://feedback.rhsmods.org/
Class Documentation: http://class.rhsmods.org/