In that case the team should be even more grateful. :) Those people are risking moderator wrath to deliver their praise, such dedication to their favorite mod is most commendable. :)

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

In that case the team should be even more grateful. :) Those people are risking moderator wrath to deliver their praise, such dedication to their favorite mod is most commendable. :)

Indeed my wrath is terrible. Particularly when nursing a post Christmas hangover...Fair warning

• Like 7

2 hours ago, alanford said:

how does that kill motivation? think of it this way, if people didn't adore your work, no one would bother to ask you to do more. it's like, if i got a shitty dinner i ain't like to return,but if i got a mofucking michelin star caviar crusted dish you bet ur ass i'm coming back for more. feel me? we love your work, so we want more.

if you did a sloppy job, and released shit content, there'd be no replies and requests for me. so think of it as praise. best praise there is. people want much more from you. not many can say that.

Sorry ineptaphid - I must answer:

It kills motiviation because it never seems that any work is appreciated. If we would delete all bug reports and feature requests from this thread, I bet we wouldn't even have a third of the current page count left.
Yes, of course people say that we do a great job. But think about it this way: You work on some asset, let's say a nice looking weapon, for several weeks and post a picture of it here or on social media, and the very first comment is: "where armata" - you'll just close the browser and instead do something else. That's how I feel. It's even gone so far that I grew tired of looking here or on our feedback tracker, since people there as well started posting plain feature or asset requests.

It's just tiring to read them. And even more to ignore. I honestly thought about simply putting people who post feature requests on my ignore list here on the forums, but I bet this wouldn't help either :(

• Like 18

3 hours ago, alanford said:

how does that kill motivation? think of it this way, if people didn't adore your work, no one would bother to ask you to do more. it's like, if i got a shitty dinner i ain't like to return,but if i got a mofucking michelin star caviar crusted dish you bet ur ass i'm coming back for more. feel me? we love your work, so we want more.

if you did a sloppy job, and released shit content, there'd be no replies and requests for me. so think of it as praise. best praise there is. people want much more from you. not many can say that.

Hehehe I wanna see you drag your ass into the kitchen of that Mechelin star restaurant and start requestin fries cuz "you just love em taiters". A restaurant like that more often than not doesn't even have a menu. You just sit down and let the chefs take you on an experience. You can be certain that they have thought as much of it through as possible. Just say thank you and go spread the word. No need to send notes to the kitchen on how you think it can be improved. We want to do the same, we want to provide you with an experience, in our vision, free of charge. People even try to pay us to do requests and we kindly turn that down. That is how much we value our freedom to do it they way we like.

• Like 16

I for one greatly appreciate the immense time and effort you ladies and gents have put into this project. Please don't think all your hard work goes unnoticed, Even though it may seem so at times (:

It's sad to see so many inconsiderate people making demands in this thread without actually putting themselves in the shoes of the dev team before posting.

Thank you guys for everything you do for the modding community, You guys truly do bring new life to the ArmA series.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soul_assassin said:

Hehehe I wanna see you drag your ass into the kitchen of that Mechelin star restaurant and start requestin fries cuz "you just love em taiters". A restaurant like that more often than not doesn't even have a menu. You just sit down and let the chefs take you on an experience. You can be certain that they have thought as much of it through as possible. Just say thank you and go spread the word. No need to send notes to the kitchen on how you think it can be improved. We want to do the same, we want to provide you with an experience, in our vision, free of charge. People even try to pay us to do requests and we kindly turn that down. That is how much we value our freedom to do it they way we like.

Funny how you pick that example..since I'm a chef in RL and worked in Michelin star's restaurant. More often than not, costumers as you describe them, are removed from the premises. YOU DO NOT ASK FOR FRIES ON A STAR RESTAURANT!! On a serious note...,you know what they say..: it make more noise a falling tree than a growing forest! So RHS team..keep growing that awesome forest and do not bother with a few falling tree.WE all like your forest.

Okay seriously-this discussion ends now. It has gone from people actually making requests, to a discussion about whether requests should be made, to discussing the best analogies to use to describe making requests!

This topic is for discussing RHS and nothing else and the RHS team have said they do not wish people to make requests here-so dont.

• Like 11

I had a quick question about the new AI driving. I had posted over in the driving feedback thread about being disappointed by the improvements, and after some clarifying, I had pointed out that I was using RHS and one of the BIS devs said that to inherit the new logic, RHS would have to incorporate it within the mod itself (apparently it's given to the vehicle type/class and not the driver?).

Is this something your team is working on integrating into RHS or should we continue to use vanilla vehicles if we want the new driving behavior?

• Like 1

Hello RHS team i hope you had a wonderful christmas

I have been playing around with the mod,and i have an issue.

Its not caused by the mod itself.However whenever i start a scene with RHS veihicles,i get a pop up of information regarding the use of these vehicles,it asks if i would like to see this message again in the future,selecting no,does not seem to work.

The reason it annoys me is that arma usually lags for me in menu when i try to select continue or confirm ok in options menus,and the im unable to play for some minutes until game responds.

Is there any other way i can disable these info messages?

I believe the pop up you are getting may be caused by MCC. I get a similar info whenever I enter any helicopter-it explains about slingloading etc, and lags wen you try to exit it. Nothing to do with RHS though.

Just now, ineptaphid said:

I believe the pop up you are getting may be caused by MCC. I get a similar info whenever I enter any helicopter-it explains about slingloading etc, and lags wen you try to exit it. Nothing to do with RHS though.

Oh good spot there,i had not realised,yeah im using MCC.

cheers

Does anyone know how I could set zeus with RHS addon? I already placed Virtual Entity Zeus, then Game Master, and then I set unofficial addons, then i place another playable unit for my friend. It works, however when he dies, it says mission failed instead of him being able to respawn. I dont know how to properly set it. Please help.

1 hour ago, ziga.cernic4@hotmail.com said:

Does anyone know how I could set zeus with RHS addon? I already placed Virtual Entity Zeus, then Game Master, and then I set unofficial addons, then i place another playable unit for my friend. It works, however when he dies, it says mission failed instead of him being able to respawn. I dont know how to properly set it. Please help.

You need to untick the end mission when all players die box

Since afaik zeus doesnt count as a player

10 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

It kills motiviation because it never seems that any work is appreciated. If we would delete all bug reports and feature requests from this thread, I bet we wouldn't even have a third of the current page count left.
Yes, of course people say that we do a great job. But think about it this way: You work on some asset, let's say a nice looking weapon, for several weeks and post a picture of it here or on social media, and the very first comment is: "where armata" - you'll just close the browser and instead do something else. That's how I feel. It's even gone so far that I grew tired of looking here or on our feedback tracker, since people there as well started posting plain feature or asset requests.

It's just tiring to read them. And even more to ignore. I honestly thought about simply putting people who post feature requests on my ignore list here on the forums, but I bet this wouldn't help either :(

Red,

I cannot speak for you but it would seem that having one forum topic also contributes to the problem. It would seem to me that if you had an entire forum section (i know not possible with BI forums) but maybe on your own website that the feature requests and the did you plan posts could be forced into one area, where as development posts could be another, and thirdly a support section. I can say as a dedicated follower of this mod many posts seem to get lost among the three other conversations that are happening at the same time. At least if you had multiple sections and a dedicated team of moderators you would not have to read the feature requests or could read them at your pleasure. For the fans it would also give the benefit of not having to search through the same annoying requests to get an update on what is going on. Just a thought, I completely understand what you are saying and agree.

I don't think they take pleasure in any requests. Period. And I don't blame them in the slightest. Also, a moderator already asked for this topic to stop so I suggest everyone move on otherwise you won't even be allowed to ask the questions that are aren't allowed here because you won't have an account to post from! :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

This, why can't the mods just delete all requests and other problematic posts? This is why we cant have nice things.

18 minutes ago, eeriestwalnut55 said:

Red,

I cannot speak for you but it would seem that having one forum topic also contributes to the problem. It would seem to me that if you had an entire forum section (i know not possible with BI forums) but maybe on your own website that the feature requests and the did you plan posts could be forced into one area, where as development posts could be another, and thirdly a support s

If this "should we make requests or not, should RHS have different setups or not" conversation receives one more reply, that person will have their account suspended for a week.

My god-ask something else-anything else! I'll get the ball rolling-"Hey RHS team, how many members currently comprise the team now"?

• Like 4

Just now, Iceman2004 said:

Who's excited for 4.2 this guy:don15:

Yep-I think everyone is! :D RHS updates are always incredible-totally worth the wait. It almost feels like a new game being released-there is so much content in each update 

• Like 3

It's kinda sad when your more excited for RHS updates than you are for game updates.

• Like 1

Totally get that, glad to hear i'm not the only moron taking a peek over here just to see if there is some new teasers. ;)
Hell,without RHS im pretty sure big parts of many communities  i know would still be playing ArmaA 2!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tillee said:

Totally get that, glad to hear i'm not the only moron taking a peek over here just to see if there is some new teasers. ;)
Hell,without RHS im pretty sure big parts of many communities  i know would still be playing ArmaA 2!

I agree!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ineptaphid said:

"Hey RHS team, how many members currently comprise the team now"?

discord says 62 total, i say about half of that active.

also: http://www.rhsmods.org/team

• Like 4