as a question back on topic, the russian MSV is kinda a paramilitary force and works closely with the VV. Does the RHS class units such as OMON, Alpha, and Vymple (can't spell it, won't even try) to be part of the armed forces?

I'm a bit lost.  :wacko: 

The MSV is an abreviation of motorized infantry (ÐœÑв in Cyrillic), it's the russian term for Mech inf. 

Maybe you meant the MVD? The Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs? The VV were the internal troops, under that ministry, that were kind of a paramilitary gendarmerie that could be used as defense troops in certain instances (like the French Gendarmerie, Spanish Guardia Civil or Italian Carabinieri). For example they had been used in the Caucasus insurgency.

Tho now with the creation of the Russian National Guard things are changing a bit (OMON and the bulk of the Internal Troops have been added to it).

• Like 1

Going by context he must mean the VV troops under the MVD. 

Going by context he must mean the VV troops under the MVD. 

Yeah i did. The Russian MLA's are a bit more confusing than British MLA's i miss the good old days of TLA's  ;)

thanks by the way mistyronin for the link in your post about the national guard, made for an interesting read

hello, might be a stupid question, but is it intentional, that the us army woodland type units, have the well known light grey camo, while the desert type units have a more greenish camo?

if it's intentional, can someone tell me, what the real life reasoning behind this camo patterns is? or point me to a writeup about this somewhat counterintuitive camo choices...

also congrats on the recent release. i really like, where are you going with rhs greenfor. i hope at some point we will also get some kind of rhs civilians :)

hello, might be a stupid question, but is it intentional, that the us army woodland type units, have the well known light grey camo, while the desert type units have a more greenish camo?

if it's intentional, can someone tell me, what the real life reasoning behind this camo patterns is? or point me to a writeup about this somewhat counterintuitive camo choices...

also congrats on the recent release. i really like, where are you going with rhs greenfor. i hope at some point we will also get some kind of rhs civilians :)

the desert use a version of multicam (think its known as OCP) because thats what US units were being issued towards the end of the Afghanistan war. the Americans along with the British (using MTP) found themselves fighting less in sandy places and more in fertile landscapes (known as the green zone for guys serving in helmand) so in those areas dessies stood out like sore thumbs. multicam is designed to work in arid terrains like you would find in the green zone hence why it was adopted.

• Like 2

The post above explained about the OCP camo, the other, grey one is known as UCP-this was issued to troops during the Iraq and Afghan conflict.The idea of Universal Camo Pattern is it is meant to blend into many different areas-but the consensus is tat it is useless in most regions. Although it does blend well in some of the mountainous regions of Afganistan -especially in winter. It is now being phased out.

• Like 2

I will explain this.

Desert units use Multicam which is used in Afghanistan, and it's called as OEF-CP. 

Woodland units uses right now UCP camo pattern, but we also plan in future to add soldiers in real OCP camo which is Scorpion-W2 pattern. Scorpion-W2 is based in similiar to Multicam but not the same. And this is also pattern in which all new uniforms and equipment is issued to troops, in next few years OCP/Scorpion-W2 will completely replace UCP pattern.

Soooo the A3 ghillie sorta slipped and fell onto the M24... I didn't do it I swear! 

screenshot166_by_zeealex-da3j3tm.png

coming to an RHS update.... whenever...

• Like 12

thanks for all the answers. you are great!

tak tak

• Like 2

Soooo the A3 ghillie sorta slipped and fell onto the M24... I didn't do it I swear! 

coming to an RHS update.... whenever...

Two questions-1 Zeealex, where is your awesome M107 in the eden editor? I cant find it to place it down. And 2- is that a new update in the post above this?! Or is it a mistake of some kind?

I don't know about the M107, misty might be able to shed some light on that :) but the armaholic post there is 0.4.1 i think ;)

And 2- is that a new update in the post above this?! Or is it a mistake of some kind?

Given the version numbers I'm guessing its just a slow (but welcomed) mirror for the most recent version (v0.4.1)...

Yea haha I got all excited but the armaholic post is 0.4.1

I don't know about the M107, misty might be able to shed some light on that :) but the armaholic post there is 0.4.1 i think ;)

yeah-seems to have just been a reupload of the link. the M107 seems to not be showing up anyway-unless any other users know where it is?

i wanted to make a picture similar to the reveal pic for the M107-where it was set up on a table.

Two questions-1 Zeealex, where is your awesome M107 in the eden editor? I cant find it to place it down. And 2- is that a new update in the post above this?! Or is it a mistake of some kind?

You can find it in Virtual Arsenal or using the US sniper soldiers (M107), I'm not sure if I have added it yet as standalone placeable weapon in Zeus tho. :)

Have in mind that standalone placeable weapons are placed sideways with the bipods closed.

You can find it in Virtual Arsenal or using the US sniper soldiers (M107), I'm not sure if I have added it yet as standalone placeable weapon in Zeus tho. :)

Have in mind that standalone placeable weapons are placed sideways with the bipods closed.

No- i know where to find it in the arsenal. I meant as a placeable weapon.No problem if it has not been added.

There's no doubt I'm doing something wrong, but figured I'd ask here...  When people mentioned that the SOCOM rifles where unhidden, I thought that meant I could find them in the Arsenal.  Without Bamse's addon, I'm still not seeing them in the RHSUSF (Virtual) weapons box.  Has the box not been updated or should I be seeing them?  They come up when I add them manually (like before), so obviously they're there.

The other new content is showing up, so I know the RHS updaters worked, just trying to see if I'm missing something.

There's no doubt I'm doing something wrong, but figured I'd ask here...  When people mentioned that the SOCOM rifles where unhidden, I thought that meant I could find them in the Arsenal.  Without Bamse's addon, I'm still not seeing them in the RHSUSF (Virtual) weapons box.  Has the box not been updated or should I be seeing them?  They come up when I add them manually (like before), so obviously they're there.

The other new content is showing up, so I know the RHS updaters worked, just trying to see if I'm missing something.

I use MCC arsenal in mission-and they show up there.I thought it was the same as the virtual arsenal.

There's no doubt I'm doing something wrong, but figured I'd ask here... When people mentioned that the SOCOM rifles where unhidden, I thought that meant I could find them in the Arsenal. Without Bamse's addon, I'm still not seeing them in the RHSUSF (Virtual) weapons box. Has the box not been updated or should I be seeing them? They come up when I add them manually (like before), so obviously they're there.

They are now in VA but not in the ammo boxes until we get new handguards. We simply unscoped them in VA because a lot of people were using them in their actual WIP stage :)
  • Like 1

They are now in VA but not in the ammo boxes until we get new handguards. We simply unscoped them in VA because a lot of people were using them in their actual WIP stage :)

Gotcha.  Thanks.

On another note, am I the only one hearing the Russian guys speak English?  The GREFOR are good to go, but I keep having OPFOR guys reporting in English.

Amazing update, thanks for all your hard work. Will the GREF side be focused on russian surplus gear or do you plan on expanding the faction to include other 'second rate' militaries? Stuff like generic african and south american militias.