Heads up the _des version of Russian Classnames arent listed on the official site ie

"rhs_vdv_flora_crew" is there but not "rhs_vdv_des_crew"

yup we are aware. At this pont the documentation will already update with 0.4.1 as there is no point doing it now

• Like 1

Since I have no facebook account, I might as well use this thread to ask some question regarding the recent previews. You have recently released this picture of the m107. Are those custom static animations or have you reworked the animations for handling the rifle? Also, are my eyes deceiving me or is that a sexy looking desert camo on the m107?

Since I have no facebook account, I might as well use this thread to ask some question regarding the recent previews. You have recently released this picture of the m107. Are those custom static animations or have you reworked the animations for handling the rifle? Also, are my eyes deceiving me or is that a sexy looking desert camo on the m107?

1. custom new handanims

2. your eyes are fine ;)

3. you don't need a facebook account, this sort of stuff is also why this thread is for ;) As previously said, for us it is easier to push most wip via social media these days. (we have more control over it and we are provided with a lot of insight data on our reach and exposure)

• Like 1

Guys, I know I asked you before, but please, for the sake of everything holy, consider tuning down sounds of Russian vehicles, those of UAZes and Urals at least. They aren't that loud IRL. These are civilian cars, they by definition can't be so loud that it is impossible to talk inside or near them. Hell, players can even barely hear horns of other vehicles nearby. I personally rode in the UAZ and I stood right next to an Ural which had its engine turned on and I don't remember myself using an AN/PRC-343 on maximum volume to talk to the person who was literally 15-30cm away from me. :)

• Like 1

please start to use 2048x2048 texture sizes instead of 4096 ones... the later dont make stuff look better, but drain fps waaay more

You are going to create a uniform of the Marine Raiders ?

Hope so :)

• Like 4

please start to use 2048x2048 texture sizes instead of 4096 ones... the later dont make stuff look better, but drain fps waaay more

although it might look as if we are using 4k textures, i cam assure you that all our content is using 2048x2048 textures. Can you please tell us which one you found running on 4k? i am pretty sure it was not intentional, and someone forgot to downscale it from work version to game version...

...Please don't.

Your work looks great as is  ;)

we will stick with 2k textures for the forseable future

EDIT:

indeed it seems that there are several textures that went in the 4k format, as none bothered to downsample them. will have a look over and get them in 2k instead

• Like 8

although it might look as if we are using 4k textures, i cam assure you that all our content is using 2048x2048 textures. Can you please tell us which one you found running on 4k? i am pretty sure it was not intentional, and someone forgot to downscale it from work version to game version...

we will stick with 2k textures for the forseable future

EDIT:

indeed it seems that there are several textures that went in the 4k format, as none bothered to downsample them. will have a look over and get them in 2k instead

thanks alot :)

First off, sorry if this comes as another one of the requests/idea posts, I'm just trying to give an idea. Is there something bad about 4k textures? Was there ever an idea to make a HD texture replacement pack, like how Rainbow Six Siege does and its separate and gives you the 4k textures for pc's can handle it. It would be a larger file size and I would think some of us wouldn't mind playing with these textures. It would be a totally separate optional pbo that just has replacement textures, if you get my idea here.

Hi guys.

This is probably easy to some of you, I however am not so strong in A3 scripting and using it unless there's a step by step guide for an idiot like me.
Can anyone help me in how to use the Specific Vehicle Decals? http://www.rhsmods.org/w/afrfdecals

What I would like is our squad vehicles to have the same numbers as our groups at 228th.
But I would also like to change the decals accordingly to their roles.

So if I understand it correctly, I would need to use these lines on the btr-80A.

[btr,[["Number", [9,10,11], "HandpaintBlack",46]]] spawn rhs_fnc_decalsInit;

and

[btr,[["Label", [2], "Army", [1,4]]]] spawn rhs_fnc_decalsInit;

However, I do not know how to use these code lines. I feel like I should mention we play on a dedicated server, I don't know if that makes any difference on how to use them, only that I know some scripts needs to be called server-side.

Can anyone help me?

Is there something bad about 4k textures?

The game seems to quit showing textures at 4k very easily even in the first person/viewPilot LOD.

They get mipmapped down to some horrible blurry mess quite regularly when the game needs to load more textures at higher res (like when you need to zoom in on a distant object with your scope - you all know it when you get that stutter from the game loading a bunch of 2k textures in to memory) and wont show at 4k again until you reset the texture detail setting in options.

They're a waste of time IMO

• Like 8

The game seems to quit showing textures at 4k very easily even in the first person/viewPilot LOD. They get mipmapped down to some horrible blurry mess quite regularly when the game needs to load more textures at higher res (like when you need to zoom in on a distant object with your scope - you all know it when you get that stutter from the game loading a bunch of 2k textures in to memory) and wont show at 4k again until you reset the texture detail setting in options. They're a waste of time IMO

I never knew that thank you.

Can anyone tell me what libeay32.dll and the other libxxxxx.dll files are for? Are the needed for a dedicated server? they are found in the AFRF mod.

Reason being is our dedicated server host won't allow me to upload .dll files to our dedicated server. And I want to be sure not having them isn't going to cause any kind of errors.

I'm pretty sure they're for the updater so you should be fine without them.

Is there anyway the RHS team could put more Humvee variants in like the "Tow, Avenger, Ambulance, and a Shelter (maybe for a MHQ or sink to a UAV)? Here some pictures of the ones I'm talking about.

KjrGDlW.jpg4N2qbrJ.jpgrcE4EAr.jpggzkLFJv.jpgsCcm9oS.jpg   :icon_question:   :bounce3:

• Like 1

Is there anyway the RHS team could put more Humvee variants in like the "Tow, Avenger, Ambulance, and a Shelter (maybe for a MHQ or sink to a UAV)? Here some pictures of the ones I'm talking about.

:icon_question:   :bounce3:

We have certainly plans to upgrade our HMMWV fleet. How and which variants, I can't tell you yet.

In any case, the release of any of those is probably going to be in the mid-long term. 

• Like 3

sCcm9oS.jpg

This model is very very nice. I never see somethingh like this. It will be good to see somethingh like this :)

There are a "stupid amount" of humvee variants, all depends how far you want to take it. Here are some silly ones I found because, well, I am a silly person.

M998HMMWVw23mmAAmorrocoHaugh%20(1).jpgaCxTQCw.jpg

Hi guys.

Got a couple of questions. Due to popular demand with the group I game with, I am trying to make a pseudo C&C themed mission edit using RHS USF for GDI and Snow Tigers for NOD (along with some other stuff) for this weekend. This is my first time using RHS USF, hence the questions and the apology in advance in case these questions have already been answered. (Using version 0.4.0.1)

We use Virtual Arsenal, are there any non-functional and or WIP items that I should avoid using in the mission?

Will I need to add anything to the mission init/sqf/etc in order to activate any exclusive mod functions? (EG: RHS-GAME OPTIONS)

Are the AT Launchers and other guided missiles (Hellfire/Maverick/etc) only functional against RHS mod units? After a few quick tests they seem to only scratch the paint on anything else. The Range Finders and Spotting scope issue an error message about something being missing and using BIS content instead (?) Also the KAC SR-25 variants issue an error message about missing textures (which I believe to be the icon in your inventory when adding attachments). Maybe I am missing something, please let me know.

Thanks for the good looking mod and also appreciate any helpful replies ;)

Hi guys.

Got a couple of questions. Due to popular demand with the group I game with, I am trying to make a pseudo C&C themed mission edit using RHS USF for GDI and Snow Tigers for NOD (along with some other stuff) for this weekend. This is my first time using RHS USF, hence the questions and the apology in advance in case these questions have already been answered. (Using version 0.4.0.1)

We use Virtual Arsenal, are there any non-functional and or WIP items that I should avoid using in the mission?

Will I need to add anything to the mission init/sqf/etc in order to activate any exclusive mod functions? (EG: RHS-GAME OPTIONS)

Are the AT Launchers and other guided missiles (Hellfire/Maverick/etc) only functional against RHS mod units? After a few quick tests they seem to only scratch the paint on anything else. The Range Finders and Spotting scope issue an error message about something being missing and using BIS content instead (?) Also the KAC SR-25 variants issue an error message about missing textures (which I believe to be the icon in your inventory when adding attachments). Maybe I am missing something, please let me know.

Thanks for the good looking mod and also appreciate any helpful replies ;)

Everything is WIP till version 1.0 :) But through VA everything should be functional. All the AT stuff should work within our mods, but will not with Vanilla (this will not be for lonfg mind you ;))

If you find errors pleasepost them here http://feedback.rhsmods.org

• Like 2

[....] All the AT stuff should work within our mods, but will not with Vanilla (this will not be for lonfg mind you ;)) [...]

It's that kind of comment that I'd call scary. Beautifully scary though. And vague. (Is it?)

I'm definitely keen to find out - got some nice little kopfkino going on already ;)

~