Well it's a POS because maintenance was a complete chore, damn things (FIST-Vs anyway) broke just sitting there, so they were always maintenance intensive. During OIF II I had to take mine out as an "armored" vehicle in Iraq. Yeah, slow as shit, not well armored... Really makes your pucker factor go high, the "heaviest weapon" an M249? Yeah it wasn't fun until they got the NG component on the FOB to provide security off the FOB for some components that I had to help out on that day.

• Like 2

Well it's a POS because maintenance was a complete chore, damn things (FIST-Vs anyway) broke just sitting there, so they were always maintenance intensive. During OIF II I had to take mine out as an "armored" vehicle in Iraq. Yeah, slow as shit, not well armored... Really makes your pucker factor go high, the "heaviest weapon" an M249? Yeah it wasn't fun until they got the NG component on the FOB to provide security off the FOB for some components that I had to help out on that day.

Thanks god we (as paratrooper) had other ways to reach the AO which, thankfully, did NOT included using "light armored" vehicles. Not that the thought of jumping over enemy barrage fire with a parachute,hung like a "salami" so everyone can target you with ease was less stressful..but hey...that's what Paratroopers do, right?

• Like 1

Pretty much man, I naturally told my Troop Commander at the time but he needed to support the mission and given I was the "lucky one" I had no choice afterwards. The team we were with weren't happy and that was the only time, thankfully :) But yeah I never went Airborne, my Dad took a hard fall and I was like "No fucking way I'm doing that shit" so yeah, back on topic....

• Like 1

Couldn't find the post after a short search but, if I recall correctly, someone previously asked if you guys had any intentions to add defensive armament to the CH-53, and I'm fairly sure someone from RHS confirmed that it was planned. My question is if so, what do you guys plan to use? GAU-16/GAU-21? And if that's the case would you guys ever consider adding it to the Huey? I only ask in regards to the Huey as every time I ever saw them in a light attack/gunship configuration they had both a minigun and 50. mounted.

And before this gets misconstrued as a request let me state this very clearly, I'm merely asking about possible armament for the "53" and mentioning alternate loadout options for the Huey that may not have been considered.

Another issue I was getting:

If 1 player runs RHS while another player does not run RHS mod (in a mission that does not require/use RHS), when the player without RHS mod fires certain weapons (for example, MX SW), it won't make a sound on the machine of the player running RHS.

This makes it difficult to run an RHS server and choose a vanilla mission when there aren't enough players who run RHS mod, as choosing a non-RHS mission will make those without RHS to not be heard by players who do run RHS.

If this was fixed (or worked around in some way), it would make it much easier to transition the community into running the RHS mod, for the aforementioned reason.

Is there any fix planned or possible workaround I can use?

Thanks.

Couldn't find the post after a short search but, if I recall correctly, someone previously asked if you guys had any intentions to add defensive armament to the CH-53, and I'm fairly sure someone from RHS confirmed that it was planned. My question is if so, what do you guys plan to use? GAU-16/GAU-21? And if that's the case would you guys ever consider adding it to the Huey? I only ask in regards to the Huey as every time I ever saw them in a light attack/gunship configuration they had both a minigun and 50. mounted.

Both Huey & CH53 will suffer an important revamp sometime in the future. We'll show more about it then. I'm afraid is not gonna be soon tho. We're now focusing in other assets  :)

• Like 3

If 1 player runs RHS while another player does not run RHS mod (in a mission that does not require/use RHS), when the player without RHS mod fires certain weapons (for example, MX SW), it won't make a sound on the machine of the player running RHS.

This makes it difficult to run an RHS server and choose a vanilla mission when there aren't enough players who run RHS mod, as choosing a non-RHS mission will make those without RHS to not be heard by players who do run RHS.

If this was fixed (or worked around in some way), it would make it much easier to transition the community into running the RHS mod, for the aforementioned reason.

Thanks.

That is just shit admin. Everyone should run the same mods.

Regardless, the issue you're describing is not an issue with RHS but an issue with ArmA3 itself and is not just restricted to whether or not everyone is running RHS - any mod being run by some players but not ALL players can cause it.

Either everyone runs the same mods or they shouldn't be playing MP together...

• Like 6

Thanks.

Sorry, but that's just bad practice on your end. Everyone on the server should be running the same mod-set, otherwise bugs like this are unavoidable.

If you intend to run a non RHS mission with someone that doesn't have RHS, either don't launch Arma 3 with RHS, or make sure you turn on signature checking so people can't join without the proper mods installed (so everyone is running the same mods and nothing else).

Edit: Ninja'd by Jackal326

• Like 2

Hello

Is there any instruction on how to change decals and army lables on rhs vehicles?

Hey there, sexy people!

There still is this engine-side bug which makes ingame sounds sound a bit weird and prevents me from realising stuff, but I couldnt hesitate to make the first RHS soundset with the new sound configuration.

Tadadada, the AK-74:

Once again: Keep in mind that the sounds are affected by aforementioned bug. :)

• Like 8

Hey there, sexy people!

There still is this engine-side bug which makes ingame sounds sound a bit weird and prevents me from realising stuff, but I couldnt hesitate to make the first RHS soundset with the new sound configuration.

Tadadada, the AK-74:

Is this the same bug that is delaying your update of DynaSound?What exactly is the bug?-the sound in the videos you have released sounds pretty perfect to me :)

Is this the same bug that is delaying your update of DynaSound?What exactly is the bug?-the sound in the videos you have released sounds pretty perfect to me :)

Yup, it is. I explained it in the DynaSound thread :D

You guys should do RHSREPS. Just something cool to read. 

You mean something like the official not finished RHS development blog ?  :P

I hadn't actually read your dev blog before. Looking at it now-I have to say I am amazed at the amount of work and research you guys do. Most people can't put this much passion into something they are paid to do-the fact you do it for the community really has to be commended.

Thanks so much to all the RHS team :) 

• Like 4

Yes thank you I never knew you guys had a "blog" already.

these days most of the WIP stuff goes directly into our facebook page which is mirrored on our twitter page and soonish on another social media website to cater for our russian speaking community as well.

the blog should received at least one update after each release...

• Like 3

Hi RHS. I was looking through google to find out how a US Army Bradley+infantry unit looks like and found out that they are able to carry 7 passengers. Is there a reason that none of your versions can carry more than 6? Is my info wrong or is there some design limitation? Thank you! :)

Hey there, sexy people!

Tadadada, the AK-74:

This is pretty cool, can we expect to see this in the next update laxemann? 

Bradley could hold 7 passengers, but not with full gear. Due to the size and shape of the arma characters, as well as the compartment size (real life dimensions), we opted for 6 passengers instead of 7. 

• Like 2

That is just shit admin. Everyone should run the same mods.

Regardless, the issue you're describing is not an issue with RHS but an issue with ArmA3 itself and is not just restricted to whether or not everyone is running RHS - any mod being run by some players but not ALL players can cause it.

Either everyone runs the same mods or they shouldn't be playing MP together...

Is this really intended and unavoidable as you say?

RHS adds weapons and equipment. I couldn't find anywhere where it says that it is in the scope of RHS to change existing vanilla Arma 3 weapons and ammunition. In fact, it was clearly stated by RHS devs that RHS is only intended to be used with RHS equipment (weapons, magazines, etc), and therefore it would be expected that vanilla weapons and equipment would remain unmodified.

It is difficult to get enough players with RHS on a server. It is very useful to not be forced to restart the server and force all clients who did load RHS to restart their game just so that people who don't have RHS can join the server. It is much more feasible to simply load a mission that does not require the mod.

If it is intended for RHS to affect vanilla weapon then I can understand this behavior as something that cannot be avoided. But as far as I understand, RHS is not supposed to do this kind of thing, and therefore vanilla weapon behavior should remain unaffected.

In the long run, being able to play vanilla missions with players who don't run RHS will allow getting more and more players to download RHS, eventually having enough to not be forced to play a vanilla mission to get enough players on the server. Telling people they need 1 set of mods to play on the server and then at the last second to tell them they need to use another will most likely result in most of them running the wrong mods and cause issues. Think of this case: You schedule an event with RHS and tell people to come with the mod loaded. Not enough players with RHS show up, so you tell everyone to restart their game without RHS. Now not only that you lose some players who will not come back after the restart and the time it takes everyone to restart, you will also lose any players who do end up showing up later with RHS loaded, as they will fail to join the server and not understand why the event which was scheduled for running RHS is not letting them join with the mod.

It is simply that much easier if a mod just affects its own weapons/equipment, unless of course changing existing weapons/equipment is part of the scope of the mod (which again, as far as I understand, is not within the scope of RHS).

Is this really intended and unavoidable as you say?

I'm afraid you didn't understand what Jackal said.

Any mod that adds extra content will provoke compatibility issues in a server, if all the other players don't use it.

Only mods that only modify client side UI and such are "safe".

It's an Arma 3 engine limitation. Nothing to do with RHS.

The best way to play it safe is that all server players use the same content mods :)

• Like 4

It is simply that much easier if a mod just affects its own weapons/equipment, unless of course changing existing weapons/equipment is part of the scope of the mod (which again, as far as I understand, is not within the scope of RHS).

Is it easier? Could you maybe show us your total conversion of Arma3 please, if it is so "easy"?

Is it easier? Could you maybe show us your total conversion of Arma3 please, if it is so "easy"?

I meant easier for the users of the mod. Sorry if I was unclear.

I have no idea what is causing this issue nor how easy/difficult it is to fix it. This is what I was asking - That is, is this compatibility issue a necessary result of one of the changes that RHS is doing, or simply a bug that accidentally sneaked in, and if it's a bug then is it feasible to have it fixed or if it's too complicated. It would help my community a lot if it was fixed, and if I ran into this issue, then it is not unlikely for others to run into it as well.

It's the same as if you want to play a CUP mission, but not enough players on your server have CUP, so you play an Altis mission and it works fine.

I was hoping that breaking of sounds of vanilla weapons was not intended and is something that can be fixed. It was stated several times by RHS devs that they don't have plans to do anything that affects vanilla weapons, therefore it would be expected that this kind of compatibility would be feasible. But again, I'm asking here if that's actually true, since obviously I'm not the one who actually made the mod...