Why would you want to make it realistic? that would make it boring, DCS is the game you're looking for. BI  strive to meet a balance between Fun/accessibility and simulation, less people are willing to spend hours learning to use a jet/helicopter without turning into a fireball, the way it is now is perfect.

RHS is not BIS...

When will you include Anti-air?

when we'll be starting/be ready to...
  • Like 2

Why would you want to make it realistic? that would make it boring, DCS is the game you're looking for. BI  strive to meet a balance between Fun/accessibility and simulation, less people are willing to spend hours learning to use a jet/helicopter without turning into a fireball, the way it is now is perfect.

Well, I don`t look for DCS and I don`t want/need interactive cockpit etc., but it would be nice to have RWS working a bit better than what is now, and have anti-radar rockets, GPS targeting system for bombs (there is one i F-18 and USAF mod AFAIK) too add more to plane gameplay. I know that some weapons have like 80km range or more, and it is not possible in arma, but when you play PvP or even COOP it could add more fun for jet pilots. For me it is far from perfect.

Another thing that would be nice, is more damage options for planes, but again I gues it is not possible.

About fun and symulation balance,everyone have his own border in this matter, and I know you propably too people who want to play arma as close to reality as possible, and other who prefer more arcade style.

Well, I don`t look for DCS and I don`t want/need interactive cockpit etc., but it would be nice to have RWS working a bit better than what is now, and have anti-radar rockets, GPS targeting system for bombs (there is one i F-18 and USAF mod AFAIK) too add more to plane gameplay. I know that some weapons have like 80km range or more, and it is not possible in arma, but when you play PvP or even COOP it could add more fun for jet pilots. For me it is far from perfect.

Another thing that would be nice, is more damage options for planes, but again I gues it is not possible.

About fun and symulation balance,everyone have his own border in this matter, and I know you propably too people who want to play arma as close to reality as possible, and other who prefer more arcade style.

The different damage panels for fixed wing aircraft has actually been brought up on the request/bug tracker page and I believe BI are looking into it. Same with an Advanced flight model for fixed wing, maybe not as complex though. 

EDIT: @RHS Blokes, I saw that someone uploaded a PAK-FA/T50 photo to your Facebook page. I'm assuming that if this gets added there is going to be a US counterpart? 

Well, there is one thing that breaks jet gameplay in Arma series. I'm not a pilot, but making a fast turn in the air is impossible in arma - jest is slowing down too fast, even SU-35 and F-18 are not so sh*tty as arma engine render it (with modded planes off course). One more thing are laser guided bombs - AI infantry dont using laser designators = bombs are almost useless.

I have a question about retexturing: how do I change texture on Russian tanks? I've tried selections ranging from 0 to 1000 and the only result I've got is IR Lights (or whatever those boxes are) on T-90. Is it possible at all? I'm specifically interested in retexturing that flag on Insurgent T-72.

Well, there is one thing that breaks jet gameplay in Arma series.

...is the fact that Arma was designed as and still is an infantry game. There is no space for anything except CAS/Paradrops and game's engine doesn't have many features crucial for fixed wing plane simulation, it even can't provide a view distance needed for decent air combat. Yeah, it would be nice to have DCS flight model in A3 but it probably never going to happen - Arma can't be everything at the same time, every game have a scope it should stick to.

Well, there is one thing that breaks jet gameplay in Arma series. I'm not a pilot, but making a fast turn in the air is impossible in arma - jest is slowing down too fast, even SU-35 and F-18 are not so sh*tty as arma engine render it (with modded planes off course). One more thing are laser guided bombs - AI infantry dont using laser designators = bombs are almost useless.

Please stay on topic, your post has nothing to do with the RHS thread.

EDIT: @RHS Blokes, I saw that someone uploaded a PAK-FA/T50 photo to your Facebook page. I'm assuming that if this gets added there is going to be a US counterpart?

Regarding that T-50 model too: are you going to remove the air data boom on the nose? Such things are normally only fitted on the initial prototype versions of the airframe in order to collect flight data.

Indeed, the 3rd, 4th and 5th prototypes (053, 054 and 055 - the one that caught fire) don't have an air data boom on the nose.

Regarding that T-50 model too: are you going to remove the air data boom on the nose? Such things are normally only fitted on the initial prototype versions of the airframe in order to collect flight data.

Indeed, the 3rd, 4th and 5th prototypes (053, 054 and 055 - the one that caught fire) don't have an air data boom on the nose.

Probably not.

Try the ACE3 thread and ask about their implementation of CCRP or try the CCIP mod: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/169055-ccip-script-for-aircrafts/page-1

Please stay on topic, your post has nothing to do with the RHS thread.

Arma community at it's best.

Try the ACE3 thread and ask about their implementation of CCRP or try the CCIP mod: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/169055-ccip-script-for-aircrafts/page-1

Arma community at it's best.

Thanks :) I actually was meaning the jets are really hard tu turn in the air - they loose too much speed while maneuvers. But thanks, i end this topic as moderator request ;)

I get always this error: "Warning Message: Error: creating weapon rhs_weap_M107 with scope=private"

starting RHS.

I use CBA with RHS.

I get always this error: "Warning Message: Error: creating weapon rhs_weap_M107 with scope=private"

starting RHS.

I use CBA with RHS.

me too.

starting RHS.

I use CBA with RHS.

Same here.

me too.

You guys are on Dev Branch?

So there's your problem.

Indeed, we cannot look into the our red ball of crystal and see what's coming on dev branch. As always: do NOT report bugs without:

1. using the stable build.

2. using only RHS mods.

• Like 1

No, solution is pretty simple:

There is no M107 in yet.

Even though the config generator generates the class and displays it, its scope is set to 0, hence you cant use it yet.

It simply isnt finished.

No, solution is pretty simple:

There is no M107 in yet.

Even though the config generator generates the class and displays it, its scope is set to 0, hence you cant use it yet.

It simply isnt finished.

I had directly the same error message, but it was on stable branch as well - i downloaded mod via updaters and that was the problem. I fixed it by downloading whole new packs AFRF and USAF

I had directly the same error message, but it was on stable branch as well - i downloaded mod via updaters and that was the problem. I fixed it by downloading whole new packs AFRF and USAF

It happens that the updaters do not complete (server load, inet disconnect etc.) so if you see obvious errors (because something like a thing popping up right at the start of game is truly something that we would be able to see and imediately fix) or something please try to rerun them.

Could You show yours LAV-25 screens?

Whenever we have something worth showing, we'll do (that goes for any vehicle or weapon) :)

Hi RHS Team,

I see the picture of the PAK T50 jet on your facebook site, but I don't understand this.

What I mean is, I read this thread and every time you said only vehicles, weapons and units in your mod is in work at the moment and no future projects.

I wish me from you Spetsnaz GRU, Spetsnaz VDV, Spetsnaz FSB, Spetsnaz MVD RF (Vityaz) , OMON and SOBR oh and Alfa, inclusive Gorka uniforms and other uniforms for these units. And they need your weapons and vehicles (a armored Ural Truck, maybe a armored riot shield, AS VAL, VSS and other).

And maybe a Dagestan Map. :) This was great.

I hope the sound from Mi-8 is at the moment wip, because I love the typical sound in Arma 2 from the Mi-8.

After every release from you it's like Xmas and happy easter on one day for me. When I play with your russian "toys" Im feeling like a young shild play with Lego, you know. Because Im very interesting for russian military and special police and military units.

PS: sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand my post.

Thank you for your great work on this mod. greetings

edit: http://77rus.smugmug.com/Military/Ural-Federal-and-604th-TsSN/i-sw2fHmg/0/O/FederalandTsSNVityaz08.jpg

Edited by ahtnteppop