Is there any plan to have files for download in a regular way (I dont use torrents)?

I would like to try this mod.

I see the Armaholic version is Version 0.3.5 and the last version is Version 0.3.6, therefore I am not sure if I should download the one from Armaholic since is not the last.

Any advice?

Thanks.

You can get the last version via RHS updater. http://www.rhsmods.org/updater, or you can use PW6 or similar host.

I apologize if this has already been answered somewhere else but does the RHS team have any plans to add the Stryker family of vehicles , OH-58F Kiowa Warrior, Oshkosh M-ATV (an authentic tan variant) or other MRAP vehicles? Thanks.

Yes, some of the above are planned

The Oshkosh and the Kiowa might be in the next update. I've seen WIP pics/vids of them on their facebook.

Not sure where you have seen pics of either, surely not on the facebook page.

I remember reading somewhere that you guys will update the mod once a month, so we're getting an update in a day or two? Or are you going to wait for April 8th so all your stuff can be compatible with the DLC?

There is a desire to push a mod about once a month, with an emphasis on about. Don't expect it the next couple of days, especially with the DLC on the horizon.

Thanks. I just checked their facebook page (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8632965/USFinfographic3.pdf) and the M-ATV and other MRAPs are indeed on their way. No word on the Strykers or OH-58F Kiowa Warrior however.

From my little facebook excursion I have forumulated a few more questions:

1. With the infantry overhaul, could you remove the Crye knee pads from the 2010 Army (or 2014 too) units and replace them with more conventional knee pads?

2. Will you be removing the rail mounted bi-pods from your railed weapons to make them Marksmen-DLC attachment compatible? And also, would these bi-pods be compatible with other non-RHS weapons?

3. With the project reoriented to focus on line-infantry and not special forces, will you be cutting the ops-core helmets out?

4. By "other contemporaneous units" do you mean units from other countries?

Thank you.

2. DLC compatibility is planned yes.

3. There will be nothing "cut", some stuff will be just "hidden" until all the content we want is in, and up to the same quality levels.

4. no other countries are planned.

Not sure where you have seen pics of either, surely not on the facebook page.

When I said facebook I actually meant twitch

When I said facebook I actually meant twitch

Have you seen pictures of it?

Great job so far guys, looking foward to the next update.

Congratulations on a well deserved win guys!

Sorry, if this has already been asked. Is there any future plan to improve texture of existing RHS content? The inconsistency between texture qualities buggs me sometimes.

Sorry, if this has already been asked. Is there any future plan to improve texture of existing RHS content? The inconsistency between texture qualities buggs me sometimes.

Like?

Maybe he is referring to the placeholders,

@ R3vo: There are a few things getting done inhouse which have temporary placeholders for now.

Our mod is by no means finished and at very early version

Edited by vasmkd

I must not be in the right location when next to the c-130 to acces get in cargo action menu. Was trying to figure a way to have several paratroopers get in an jump out.

Same location as accesing pilot and such. It's named "Ride at back" or something like that. First position is just behind the pilot in the copit though, but next positions are on the cargo space. They behave equal.

Bring a bunch of AIs to test and you will see what I mean. XD

Like?

Some textures of Russian vehicles have broken pixels (red, yellow or grey pixels), I reported this some time ago in this thread, before the bug tracker was launched: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184842-RHS-Escalation-(AFRF-and-USAF)-Release-0-3-6-(UPDATED)&p=2860241&viewfull=1#post2860241

For example, check out BMPs (BMDs) 1-2, Urals and Tigrs. This happens then you edit dds texture which was already compressed. To avoid this you should always work with uncompressed *.bmp or *.psd originals and save them as dds only once (they will loose some quality still, but not that much). Any editing of dds texture directly will lead to such errors. Most of such errors only occurs on vehicles, which you imported from A2.

Edited by megazogg

Some textures of Russian vehicles are have broken pixels (red, yellow or grey pixels), I reported this some time ago in this thread, before the bug tracker was launched. For example check out bmp 1-2, bmd 1-2, urals and tigrs. This happens then you edit dds texture wich was already compressed (I mean - open dds texture and save it again). To avoid this you should always work with uncompressed bmp or psd originals and save them as dds only once. Any editing of dds texture will lead to such errors. Most of such errors only occurs on vehicles, wich you imported from A2.

This also applies to weapons, for example the PKM or PKP if I remember correctly.

This also applies to weapons, for example the PKM or PKP if I remember correctly.

No, PKM is fine as its texture is made from scratch.

PKP have such, but RHS guys said that they will replace it with their own model, so this problem is irrelevant.

For those of us on DEV or RC releases, do you guys have an open beta program for us to test? I'm on 1.42X and running into crashes viewing vehicles through new garage.

I've seen the updater writeup but i dont think that is for testing latest additions only current releases (Current 3.6).

Some textures of Russian vehicles have broken pixels (red, yellow or grey pixels), I reported this some time ago in this thread, before the bug tracker was launched: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184842-RHS-Escalation-(AFRF-and-USAF)-Release-0-3-6-(UPDATED)&p=2860241&viewfull=1#post2860241

For example, check out BMPs (BMDs) 1-2, Urals and Tigrs. This happens then you edit dds texture which was already compressed. To avoid this you should always work with uncompressed *.bmp or *.psd originals and save them as dds only once (they will loose some quality still, but not that much). Any editing of dds texture directly will lead to such errors. Most of such errors only occurs on vehicles, which you imported from A2.

I updated the tigr a few weeks back, will be in next version with a smoother look but still in 2k.

The problem is nothing to do with DDS or compression. Tigr is saved straight from a psd then tga. The uv layout was actually the problem as the parts are a little on the small side and on single sheet. To give it a higher res look it needs to be 4k which may run heavy on slower spec pc owners. We try to keep 4k textures out.

The BMD 1 and 2's are the same as they have always been, we don't have the hull psd's and that is not my work except the turret on bmd1 which was remade a long time ago which is why it was textured again many moons ago. I had a few months texturing experience then ;) I can make anything to atleast the level of bmd4's, 2s3 etc etc but I have more important vehicles/weapons to texture/model atm and that list always gets new editions.

Edited by vasmkd

I can make anything to atleast the level of bmd4's, 2s3 etc etc but I have more important vehicles/weapons to texture/model atm and that list always gets new editions.

I agree that textures rework is not a highest priority, it can be always done after all of the mod's content will be in place. ;) As for tigr - apart from 2k texture for such large object problem it still have something not right with it. It is very noisy and the tone to tone gradients are not smooth. That's why I thought it is because the compression.

Btw, as we speaking about texturing, I always wanted to know if Abrams & Bradley additional parts like ERA will be textured in woodland camo, or will they remain desert yellow?

Equipping any M16A4 variant in the virtual arsenal crashes the game in the DEV build.

RHS has never meant to be compatible with the Dev branch of the game. The Dev branch is only meant to test the vanilla game possible updates.

But fear not, because some of us already work with the RC branch to get everything working after the DLC release.

This is great! Only problem I'm having is can't find server key and my own server is not letting me in because this needs a key apparently. Any ideas on where to find it?

EDIT: Nevermind found the note about it at the end of your first post!

Edited by Revv

Now what is your take on adding some M16A4's with adjustabl stocks? I don't know how the US Army or Marines like there M16's but adjustable stocks look a lot "Cooler"?

IMG_1913.jpg

Really? Who uses those in the Marine Corps or Army? Are you talking about the M27 IAR? That is the only thing I can think of that has close to a full size upper and a collapsible stock.

Maybe some SOF too, but as for general Army and Marine Corps, no, no, no.