As I know there is some limitation with PIP scopes resolution  in arma . I was wildly surprised when I discovered that in BW mod , there are scopes that have absolutely no PIP distortion and big resolution. Is it planned to add this PIP modes to RHS scope - especially for PSO ? 

Spoiler

8fdb33178005.jpg

1 hour ago, sammael said:

I was wildly surprised when I discovered that in BW mod , there are scopes that have absolutely no PIP distortion and big resolution. Is it planned to add this PIP modes to RHS scope - especially for PSO ? 

It's just 2D optic with PiP - such solution doesn't provide too many advantages so it's rather unlikely we are going to invest time in something like that. There is rather nice 3D mode for PSO already

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sammael said:

As I know there is some limitation with PIP scopes resolution  in arma . I was wildly surprised when I discovered that in BW mod , there are scopes that have absolutely no PIP distortion and big resolution. Is it planned to add this PIP modes to RHS scope - especially for PSO ? 

Hide contents

8fdb33178005.jpg

as you can see, the PIP is not the scope, but the outside of the scope/periphery. not really PIP scope, is it?

• Like 1

Hey. I was checking out the "newest addition" to the AFRF DEV, but currently i can only load PKM 150rnd belt magazines rather than AK-74 mags, and it uses the wrong reload animation from the PKM. I figured it is because of a mod conflict, but after unloading any possible culprit i can think of, i have not yet found a fix. WIP beeing WIP, i justed wanted to check here to see if it is a known issue. I know i should check it with only RHS loaded, but switching back to my main mod presets tends to create a bunch of problems, and before i go down that road, i figured i would just ask about it here first. If it is not a known issue i will go back to unloading 1 mod at a time. My apologies and thanks in advance! 

47 minutes ago, nillie said:

Hey. I was checking out the "newest addition" to the AFRF DEV, but currently i can only load PKM 150rnd belt magazines rather than AK-74 mags, and it uses the wrong reload animation from the PKM. I figured it is because of a mod conflict, but after unloading any possible culprit i can think of, i have not yet found a fix. WIP beeing WIP, i justed wanted to check here to see if it is a known issue. I know i should check it with only RHS loaded, but switching back to my main mod presets tends to create a bunch of problems, and before i go down that road, i figured i would just ask about it here first. If it is not a known issue i will go back to unloading 1 mod at a time. My apologies and thanks in advance! 

pretty sure it is a mod conflict

Presumably you have some mod that tries to derive from the ancient, unused RHS RPK-74/RPK-74M placeholder class that inherited from the PKP (Possibly some mod that added their own RPK-74 model to make up for ours being absent), and now has a mismatched parent class since we have changed the config structure to organise the RPK models and variants properly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

was the RPK removed or am I just blind lol, using Dev Branch build 186 and I couldn't find it and just making sure the files are a-okay or not.

26 minutes ago, Anonymous4245 said:

using Dev Branch build 186

That number is just from the Steam workshop changelog page right? That page updates whether you have received the update or not, and doesn't really correspond to our versioning numbers.

Current public dev branch build number is [0.5.5][R4478], which you should find alongside the latest commit log at the top of the buildlog.md in the @RHSAFRFDEV mod folder

If the mod hasn't updated, you might have to right-click and repair it in the launcher. I have noticed myself that Steam doesn't seem as quick to push workshop updates to clients as it used to be

• Like 2

6 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

That number is just from the Steam workshop changelog page right? That page updates whether you have received the update or not, and doesn't really correspond to our versioning numbers.

Current public dev branch build number is [0.5.5][R4478], which you should find alongside the latest commit log at the top of the buildlog.md in the @RHSAFRFDEV mod folder

If the mod hasn't updated, you might have to right-click and repair it in the launcher. I have noticed myself that Steam doesn't seem as quick to push workshop updates to clients as it used to be

Repairing worked, thanks for this!

my god, you guys actually did it, RPK and uparmor humvees... all thats left now is T-64, most legendary tank of soviet union. now what will people harass you for in the facebook comments?

45 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

my god, you guys actually did it, RPK and uparmor humvees... all thats left now is T-64, most legendary tank of soviet union. now what will people harass you for in the facebook comments?

my guess is for the T64, just like that ^^😂

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2021 at 10:02 AM, nillie said:

Have you found the conflicting mod that causes this issue? I'm having the same issue here. Already unloaded all mods that add RPK variants (3CB factions, NIArms, CUP). Strangely, the problem still persists. If not I might also have to do the tedious work of loading one mod after the other. 😞

1 hour ago, uzabit said:

Have you found the conflicting mod that causes this issue? I'm having the same issue here. Already unloaded all mods that add RPK variants (3CB factions, NIArms, CUP). Strangely, the problem still persists. If not I might also have to do the tedious work of loading one mod after the other. 😞

No sorry. I gave up after unloading every mod that adds AK's, RPK's, PKM's or anything in the related calibers (that i can think of). Additionally, i also removed all third party faction mods with custom units that might use these weapons, and removed all third party RHS ammo expansions. I also removed all JSRS sound compatibilities, and a bunch of other stuff. So far no luck. Currently i have given up to be honest. Its just one more gun after all. Sooner or later the game wil break because of some mod conflict and then i will start fresh & clean with a propper working RPK. If you do stumble on the culprit mod, feel free to send me a message! 

I'm pretty sure that .rpt will give you a hint which mod is causing that issue. You will most likely find error mentioning updating base class in rhs_c_weapons

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, reyhard said:

I'm pretty sure that .rpt will give you a hint which mod is causing that issue. You will most likely find error mentioning updating base class in rhs_c_weapons

Okay, thanks! That hint helped a lot.

Seems like both JSRS Soundmod and the official ace compat for RHS are conflicting with the new RPK-74 configuration and inheriting from the old placeholder class. The only solution for this to be fixed when using those mods is an update on their side.

• Thanks 1

"3:33:59 Updating base class rhs_weap_rpk74_base->rhs_weap_pkp, by z\ace\addons\compat_rhs_afrf3\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/rhs_weap_rpk74/ (original rhsafrf\addons\rhs_c_weapons\config.bin)"

I believe this is also one of the 'sinners' causing issues for some people above

• Thanks 1

again, generally speaking, do not report issues towards us if you are using any other mods but RHS (that includes the larger ones such as CBA, ACE, etc etc). 

• Like 3

Is there a place where I can make suggestions for RHS? Because I think Yak-141 could be a great addition Russian Armed Forces. It is basically a VTOL Supersonic jet

Spoiler

aad0485535302067c8de074339e483c8.jpg

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFtvHJ7Kn7ZcJvEwXNc9-This is a modernised version of the aircraft

Spoiler

Yakovlev_Yak-141_at_1992_Farnborough_Air

Spoiler

8ca15f03c202258192566408674ff530.jpg

There's no point suggesting new content. It doesn't have any effect on what modellers in the team choose to make

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, marki980908 said:

Is there a place where I can make suggestions for RHS? Because I think Yak-141 could be a great addition Russian Armed Forces. It is basically a VTOL Supersonic jet

Reveal hidden contents

aad0485535302067c8de074339e483c8.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFtvHJ7Kn7ZcJvEwXNc9-This is a modernised version of the aircraft

Reveal hidden contents

Yakovlev_Yak-141_at_1992_Farnborough_Air

Reveal hidden contents

8ca15f03c202258192566408674ff530.jpg

We dont really do suggestions. We have a plan,  at least as in much as what team members want to do within the scope of the mod. There is very little that you can suggest that either has not been suggested or thought of by our team already. If you dont see it in the mod it either of no interest or noone has had the chance to get to it yet.

• Like 6

107410_20210323204942_1.png

Assaulter up! The M1165A1 Ground Mobility Vehicle (GMV) provides protection, firepower, and cross-country mobility to Special Operations Forces (SOF) Assaulters, Operators, and Supporters across a variety of missions.

The M1165A1 GMV is fitted with a large amount of SOF peculiar equipment, including the Save-A-Gunner II Turret (SAG-2), a custom rear armored capsule, external stowage, and more. Transporting a total of 7 personnel (including the driver and gunners), the vehicle uniquely has the option to embark four additional personnel on running boards, when fitted.

Ferociously armed, the M1165A1 GMV is fitted with 2x M240 Medium Machineguns, and an M2A1 Heavy Machinegun, among other weapons. The M1165A1 also protects its crew through the standard threat (B Kit) armor platform, a new armor package that is currently exclusive to this model in RHS.

Players can expect to field this unique SOF platform in our next major update, and there may be other weapons platforms fitted as well! 

The current intent for weapons packages is each version will mount 2x M240 (one rear and one on the SAG-2 turret). The main armament will at this stage be the M2A1, however we want an M134D version as well, although no work has commenced on that, yet. 

Model was made by myself, configured by @da12thMonkey and @reyhard. @Foxone provided the HP version of the H24-6 flexible mount for the M240 machinegun, an awesome addition and wouldn't have been able to make the model without it! @da12thMonkey did the amazing animations for external pers, and @reyhard did the equally awesome dual weapon turret configuration and animations! Oh also, @gurdy made all the pioneer tools, originally for the Stryker. 

Cheers!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

G'day @Richards.D,

Really liking how the new GMV is coming along. Have been using the Dev branch version over the last couple of days and am loving it. Will it have multiple liveries to match the other SOF assets available?

Keep up the great work. Looking forward to the M134 variant.

• Like 1