7 hours ago, nicklomas said:

Ah sorry yes i do 🙂 is there a way i can change these?

CDF reArmed on the workshop has some of those, RHS mods are the only dependency

These big apartment structures from RHSterracore are quite well done!  The modular nature are quite exceptional.   I decided to paste a bunch of the middle parts of one of them to make a huge rowhouse....    Can't preach highly enough about the quality of these assets...

YQBg9GJ.png

• Like 7

On 11/25/2020 at 2:53 AM, snackynak said:

CDF reArmed on the workshop has some of those, RHS mods are the only dependency

Ah yes, gave them a try but sadly the RHS PAGST helmets seem strangley large and very curved at the back. 

I have a question, does the Armatas have that special anti radiation coating in order to difficult radar locking? 

Does ArmA simulate that?

i love the bulidings that you guys made, i do have a question are you planning on making different tall buildings with interior? for Example like a hotel but with a bigger hall, a hostpital but bigger room, a work company facility, malls and maby a skyscraper?

3 hours ago, starlord1214 said:

i love the bulidings that you guys made, i do have a question are you planning on making different tall buildings with interior? for Example like a hotel but with a bigger hall, a hostpital but bigger room, a work company facility, malls and maby a skyscraper?

we have no intention to make structures for lifers, nope

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Hey @PuFu While we gotchu for a moment, can I ask if there's any thought been put into adding older AR-15s? specifically the M16A1&2s for 2nd world factions like the Tanoan HDF?

3 hours ago, Sierra-G339 'Digger' said:

Hey @PuFu While we gotchu for a moment, can I ask if there's any thought been put into adding older AR-15s? specifically the M16A1&2s for 2nd world factions like the Tanoan HDF?

ideally we'd want to remake the M16s/M4s from scratch, future proofing the asset and making stuff with modularity in mind this time around.

but until that happens, nope

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I commented on the RHSUSF steam page but I neglected to consider posting here.

I do modding on the side here and there, and I'm adapting RHS content to fit an alternate universe I have created. I have a question regarding the EULA and vehicle modding. I would like the vehicle turrets to display my canonical names - "M240B" is "C140B". I'm trying it out with the MATVs but the only way I have so far been able do that is to copy your MATV base configs in their entirety and swap out my renamed turrets. Is that a no-no?

3 hours ago, harper1998 said:

I commented on the RHSUSF steam page but I neglected to consider posting here.

I do modding on the side here and there, and I'm adapting RHS content to fit an alternate universe I have created. I have a question regarding the EULA and vehicle modding. I would like the vehicle turrets to display my canonical names - "M240B" is "C140B". I'm trying it out with the MATVs but the only way I have so far been able do that is to copy your MATV base configs in their entirety and swap out my renamed turrets. Is that a no-no?

Thats a nono, bacause you can potentially break rhs vehicles in process, not from EULA prespective but from good design standpoint. You have to learn correct class and subclass inheritance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soul_assassin said:

Thats a nono, bacause you can potentially break rhs vehicles in process, not from EULA prespective but from good design standpoint. You have to learn correct class and subclass inheritance.

Ah thanks, I'll keep tinkering away. I'm guessing I need to inherit the MRAPs in such a way that I can get access to the turrets.

If you're creating new weapon classes with different displaynames to show in the HUD not simply overwriting the displayname of existing weapons, then yes you would need to change the weapon in class Turrets

Class turrets is a bit unusual in that you have to include inheritance for all turrets in the vehicle including the ones you didn't modify, else the vehicle loses the ones you don't explicitly tell it to include

class rhsusf_MATV_armed_base;
class rhsusf_MATV_OGPK_base: rhsusf_MATV_armed_base
{
	class Turrets;
};
class rhsusf_MATV_OGPK_M240_base: rhsusf_MATV_OGPK_base
{
	class Turrets: Turrets
	{
		class OGPK_Turret;
		class CoDriverTurret;
	};
};
class myClass_MATV_OGPK_C240: rhsusf_MATV_OGPK_M240_base
{
	class Turrets: Turrets
	{
		class OGPK_Turret: OGPK_Turret
		{
			weapons[] = {myClass_WEAPON};
		};
		class CoDriverTurret: CoDriverTurret{};
	};
};

Note now class CoDriverTurret: CoDriverTurret{}; still needs to be in there to rebuild that turret in the final vehicle, even if that turret has not being modified

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quick question, i've signed up for the DEV version of your wonderful mod however do the WIP projects show up in a different group? Struggling to see what the additions are? (too many RHS linked mods for me :/)

No, WIP stuff isn't separated in any way. It'd just create more work to prepare it for stable releases

Thank you again,

I have made made enough progress to start on my first OPFOR faction. Is there a guide to adding new decals for the Russian vehicle set?

On 12/20/2020 at 8:20 PM, kilo-bravo said:

Are retextures allowed on the new uniforms in RHSAFRF?

Yes, author has permitted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, soul_assassin said:

Yes, author has permitted.

excellent also lookin at the files for the new M88 have you fellas done top and pants separated  then call them using hidden selections or something? 

Yes the upper and lower parts of the uniform have separate selections and separate .paa files that correspond to the upper and lower parts of the uniform.

You could for example play as a unit wearing the khaki/Afghanka winter M88 with sapogi boots and run the following code in the debug console

player setObjectTexture [0,"rhsafrf\addons\rhs_infantry3\data\afghanka_winter\afghanka_winter_vest_vsr04_co.paa"];
player setObjectTexture [1,"rhsafrf\addons\rhs_infantry3\data\afghanka\afghanka_KLMK_BG_pant_boots_co.paa"]

And see that the jacket is changed to the VSR winter jacket while the pants are in the Spetsodezhda pattern with Sapogi boots.

Selections are the same "camo" and "camo1" for all of those new uniforms but .paa files are different if the M88 model is using the regular or winter jacket, and Sapoji boots or laced boots, or the VDV version of M88

• Like 7

2 hours ago, GYSGTTAYLOR said:

Okay I’ve got a question, are we to expect an Oshkosh L-atv/jltv any time soon

Some people need to chill, everyone has been waiting so long for the GPK Humvees over the years and months and they just released it recently, and you want/expecting something new?

Patience is a virtue. 😉

Happy Christmas everyone🎅

• Like 3

23 hours ago, GYSGTTAYLOR said:

Okay I’ve got a question, are we to expect an Oshkosh L-atv/jltv any time soon

No. We've discussed, and it just doesn't provide much over the M-ATV, in terms of capability. So, we're focusing on some more diverse platforms and upgrades to existing vehicles for now, before we add any more 4x4 MRAPs. Wwe already have the M1240, M1245, M1238A1, etc. 

Edit: I'm going to add some additional perspective. Each unique (new) vehicle takes approximately 6-12 months of production, from modelling, HP/LP Baking, UV Unwrapping the LP, texturing, and then injection, configging, scripts/anims etc. So from my perspective, since we already have 2 4x4 MRAPs that fulfil basically the same purpose, I'd rather not spend another 12 months on that when we can potentially deliver a new platform for some breadth to the content.

Merry Christmas

• Like 11

On 12/25/2020 at 6:27 PM, Richards.D said:

No. We've discussed, and it just doesn't provide much over the M-ATV, in terms of capability. So, we're focusing on some more diverse platforms and upgrades to existing vehicles for now, before we add any more 4x4 MRAPs. Wwe already have the M1240, M1245, M1238A1, etc. 

Edit: I'm going to add some additional perspective. Each unique (new) vehicle takes approximately 6-12 months of production, from modelling, HP/LP Baking, UV Unwrapping the LP, texturing, and then injection, configging, scripts/anims etc. So from my perspective, since we already have 2 4x4 MRAPs that fulfil basically the same purpose, I'd rather not spend another 12 months on that when we can potentially deliver a new platform for some breadth to the content.

Merry Christmas

Could you share what´s coming next? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Synchronized said:

Could you share what´s coming next? 

No. We generally don't share any content until we've got it in game at the very least. Because people's schedules can change and result in models being delayed or cancelled for years, we avoid any pre-release hype. It's not fair to anyone to get their hopes up when, as a free mod we can never promise, and never try to stick to any deadlines. So, you'll be the first to see any new content, with everyone else as soon as we start sharing it publicly- once we are confident it'll make it into the mod. 

• Thanks 1