5 hours ago, AZCoder said:

Maybe you can check their animationState and when it changes

Thanks AZ but I've got a workaround like that covered at the moment, but it's not a great solution because there will be times when the hostage is being moved or its animation is changing for some other reason. So I've gotta cover those occasions with extra conditions to prevent the anim change check running at those times. So I'm hoping there's a cleaner solution.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Thanks AZ but I've got a workaround like that covered at the moment, but it's not a great solution because there will be times when the hostage is being moved or its animation is changing for some other reason. So I've gotta cover those occasions with extra conditions to prevent the anim change check running at those times. So I'm hoping there's a cleaner solution.

I might think about solution for situations like that in RHS code. Preferable I will try to automatically detect situations like that but in worst case it will be some special variable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

G'day @Richards.D,

I watched you video about the M1151 update with interest. I know you said that the GMV variants were a stage 2 production and I realize it may be some time before they are worked upon, if at all, but could I ask what sort of features and functions they may be equipped with?

Keep up the good work

Richards said before somewhere here on the forums or during one of our streams that the M1165A1 GMV will be the protected version with the B3 armour kit

So it'll be generally similar to the M1165s currently in the mod in terms of protection but with armament and "Standard Threat" armoured doors instead of the FRAG-5 ones. Naturally it will have some of the Spec-Ops-Peculiar M1165 equipment like the SAG turret instead of GPK, O-GPK or MCTAGS, MilSysGroup lightweight bumper instead of the IbisTek one, and likely the protected cargo deck similar to the M1245 M-ATVs

• Like 2

On 11/14/2020 at 7:25 PM, wansec_6 said:

G'day @Richards.D,

I watched you video about the M1151 update with interest. I know you said that the GMV variants were a stage 2 production and I realize it may be some time before they are worked upon, if at all, but could I ask what sort of features and functions they may be equipped with?

Keep up the good work

Yep, so what @da12thMonkey said for eqpt. The GMV we've decided to make is the post 2006 unified version, with armor protection eqpt. 

It's pretty early to promise any features, but the basic version will have ample machineguns, with an M2 and 2x M240. This is just our first commit onto dev, so basically nothing works on this yet, it will likely be several months of config and setup before it is fully workable, but model wise it is basically complete. Textures will still need working, re-baking, and a WD version etc etc. 

VKL09PH.jpg

• Like 20

G'day @Richards.D and @da12thMonkey,

Thank you both for the update. The picture posted by @Richards.D looks great. Can't wait to see these beauties in action. Keep up the good work.

Another question I wanted to ask. are there any plans for all terrain trailers for the HMMWVs and the MTVs in the future?

dvL0hRM.png

The Red Hammer Studios team is happy to announce the first release of

RHS: Terracore - our new standalone mod for terrain developers.

Features more than 70 new objects:

-Eastern Bloc (Soviet) architecture

-Fully enterable modular buildings

-Urban props like walls, fences, playground objects

-Made with love for the community!

Roadmap:

We are working hard on extending this mod. Our current plans for future releases include:

-Railroad objects pack for 1520 mm gauge railways (aka Russian gauge)

-More Eastern Bloc buildings

-South-East Asian (RHSPKL) themed objects

-And much more!

Subscribe!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2288691268

• Like 29
  • Thanks 6

Those Apartment buildings are nuts, much needed, i hope map makers in the future utilize those

Note: Wood furniture SVD, and RPK variants are from 3CB Factions

40C1192FD0C8E0556A5CBCA0BA2F55F74BC60DD1E9A4BD8D6511062FD334D08E13D21C88AB3A6AE04153BABF72E081DE6EC39DB01C45457DFD8375C9

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Very excited to give these a go, I especially like the idea of some missions in apartment block estates with lots of snipers and slow stair climbing.

Also I aspy a SVD with wooden furniture and I believe an RPK-74?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, [VW]Wrath said:

Very excited to give these a go, I especially like the idea of some missions in apartment block estates with lots of snipers and slow stair climbing.

the weapons are not ours on those shots. OP can give the source.

1 hour ago, [VW]Wrath said:

I don't know where the SVD is from but I'm 99% sure that the RPK is from niarms. 

If I'm completely honest, I didn't even stop to see that the posted pictures are from another person, I just saw a release, followed by images and my brain put the two together.

My bad. Not enough coffee.

6 hours ago, cu3b4ll said:

pics

awesome shots, but please (and don't take it the wrong way) do not post pictures in this thread that contains stuff from other mods, because this leads to confusion.

• Like 1

Or please make an explicit note of any other mods being used - along the same lines as the rules the moderators set for the General Arma 3 Photography thread

We're sure that people can appreciate that with us having a public dev branch where members of the community can enjoy and share screenshots of all our latest content (and as a team, we enjoy people finding out for the first time what we've added since the last dev branch update), that there's a situation where there is a general awareness that we're adding new things to the game that we might not always announce officially until the stable release. T-15, M203 grips, all of Lodu's amazing new content, 6M2 headsets etc. the list for the next stable is growing...

However, only the people who have the luxury of the time and disc space to install and play our dev branches, will be fully aware of exactly what is new RHS stuff and what is not. So some context would be helpful to the community if it's posted in the channels the RHS team does use to announce new content and updates (i.e. this thread).

We just want to avoid false expectations (especially where RPKs are involved)

• Like 4

My mistake on not posting the source of the wood furniture SVD and RPK, they come from 3CB Factions BTW, I was looking at the new buildings and pumped out some quick shots before I went to bed. Was in a bit of a rush since I had to get up early.

Hi & greetings,

can someone please help me with a problem i have:

Situation:

Arma 3 with RHS Mod: Flying an Apache AH 64d

Arma 3 and RHS are both on the current stablebuild.

How can i get my AI-gunner to engage something with the M230 gun?

I set: "manual fire" to on.

I switch to the Laser of the AI-gunner and activate it, then i tap "T" on a lone building in the fire-range of the M230.

A dotted cross is coming on the building, that means the AI-gunner is aiming at the building.

I switch to the M230 gun of the AI-gunner.

Now the dotted cross flew away of the building and the AI-gunner aims straight forward in flight direction of the heli.

(so he looses the aiming on the building.)

How can i use the M230 with an AI-gunner.

Is it only possible to shoot on "real" targets (enemies) and not on only buildings or whatever?

i know if not in "manual fire" mode you can let the gunner shoot with STRG + Left mouse button.

but not in "manual" mode, i cannot bring the ai-gunner to aim at something.

I think in vanilla, i can use my descriped method to aim with the ai on buildings.

Hope someone could help me.

Greetings.

Johnny.

Great mod chaps. I was wondering if you are planning to add any more for the CDF? Also is there an option to have pagst helmets?

Finally got a new laptop which can play this at acceptable levels so enjoying this mod after hours on arma 2.

2 hours ago, nicklomas said:

Great mod chaps. I was wondering if you are planning to add any more for the CDF? Also is there an option to have pagst helmets?

Finally got a new laptop which can play this at acceptable levels so enjoying this mod after hours on arma 2.

There are already PAGST helmets.

Or do you mean PAGST in TTsKO specifically?

PASGT helmets for the CDF isn't really something we're planning to do at the moment. To begin with I guess it's because there wasn't a PASGT-type helmet in the mod to equip them with, but over time the CDF in GREF has evolved in quite a different direction than recreating the faction from Arma 2, and has sort of grown its own identity. They have a unique helmet now and changing it isn't urgent

If we were to recreate the CDF PASGT from Arma 2 it would require modelling and baking a new fabric cover with the correct foliage bands similar to the Polish Wz 2000, instead of the modified Serbian M97 style one we are currently using. That's definitely not a priority.

Tema has a great project based on RHS to expand on the CDF in some ways that are closer to the Arma 2 faction such as making their camo pattern closer to the one in Arma 2, and making retextured PASGTs for them, and also adding many new aspects to the faction like Chernarus security forces, desert and winter uniforms etc.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1550624597

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, lilithsspawn said:

There are already PAGST helmets.

Or do you mean PAGST in TTsKO specifically?

Ah sorry yes i do :) is there a way i can change these?