5 hours ago, dragonfire43560 said:

Is it in the plans to add earlier US stuff like m16a2s and m60 pattons?

Not a suggestion, just wondering

there is no plans. if they get added, they get added, I would not hold your breath.

On 10/28/2020 at 9:44 PM, starlord1214 said:

hey have a question were the 50cal machine gun placements plus Blackhawk Mini Gun had a optic in real life or no? im just asking because their are optics in gun emplacements and mini guns in RHSUSAF that i not seen before or if they existed in the US Army

On the regular army side we don't have miniguns in our helicopters, those are pretty much exclusively reserved for Regiment, we use the M240H (As seen on the HIDF UH-1H). We also don't use optics, or even sights for that matter, it's all "shooting from the hip". The only thing we'll put on the gun is a PEQ-15 so we can see where the gun is pointing under NVGs. (Basically because depth of field is a thing, the gun becomes a blurry black blob and the laser makes things infinitely easier.) As for the miniguns that Regiment uses, I have never SEEN an optic put on one of their guns, but I have also never seen a picture of them actually doing swoopty stuff with all of their kit, *nor have I ever been in 160th. I would imagine that they do gunnery like everyone else, because you can get REALLY good at shooting without using sights, and the Black Hawk being the Black Hawk, you could only realistically use any sight at the 3 and 9 o-clock position (+- ~10 degrees), due to the structure of the aircraft, where you sit, and the position of the gun.

TL;DR, No we don't use optics IRL*

• Like 7

6 hours ago, b00ce said:

I would imagine that they do gunnery like everyone else, because you can get REALLY good at shooting without using sights, and the Black Hawk being the Black Hawk, you could only realistically use any sight at the 3 and 9 o-clock position (+- ~10 degrees), due to the structure of the aircraft, where you sit, and the position of the gun.

TL;DR, No we don't use optics IRL*

Forgive the off-topic, but that's interesting to read.  Our guys are initially trained to use the circle sight (I forget the name, but looks like an old WWII AA sight) on the GAU and the M240 for daytime.  There was some stuff in the pub about where in the quadrant/ring to put the target based on speed and the standard Right, Right, Low or Left, Left, Low leads.  For nights, back in the day, we used PEQs (I want to say PEQ-2s, but I can't remember for sure) on the GAU-16.  Nowadays they use IZLIDs on the GAU-21s.  Obviously the PEQs/IZLIDS can be used to lasso/mark targets, as well.

1 hour ago, gatordev said:

Forgive the off-topic, but that's interesting to read.  Our guys are initially trained to use the circle sight (I forget the name, but looks like an old WWII AA sight) on the GAU and the M240 for daytime.  There was some stuff in the pub about where in the quadrant/ring to put the target based on speed and the standard Right, Right, Low or Left, Left, Low leads.  For nights, back in the day, we used PEQs (I want to say PEQ-2s, but I can't remember for sure) on the GAU-16.  Nowadays they use IZLIDs on the GAU-21s.  Obviously the PEQs/IZLIDS can be used to lasso/mark targets, as well.

I know the M60D had the "spider sight", but I think it was a hold over from ye-olde huey times more than anything. The M240H has standard 240 sights for us, I assume for the purpose of putting the "ground egress kit" (Replacement M240B grip and stock) on and humping that thing around if we get shot down.

• Like 2

:yeahthat:

Absolutely fantastic stuff. I'm very impressed with the quality and variety. I missed that so much. Thank you very much!

All those models and textures are LODU's work, as were the new VKPO uniforms and Ratnik equipment.

We're unbelievably lucky to have received so much amazing gear from him, covering past and present Soviet/Russian equipment with such a broad scope

• Like 5

Wait, how is this possible? After all, LODU (the greatest modeling master for me) ended his adventure with Arma about 3 years ago. Is he still working for Arma? Or, are all these models from the past? I'm really wonder if this is the last donation or he is still creating for the community?

6 hours ago, fingolfin said:

Love the new cold war/chechnya stuff in the last dev-branch updates! :thumbs-up:

UMMM what?

Link please?

Whats in it?

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

All can be found on the RHS Workshop - there are 4 dev branches - https://steamcommunity.com/id/rhsmods/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410

Maybe im blind, but i downloaded it and dont notice anything different? Certainly nothing "cold war" or "chechnya"?

What are some of the bigger things you guys are referring to?

23 minutes ago, dragonfire43560 said:

Maybe im blind, but i downloaded it and dont notice anything different? Certainly nothing "cold war" or "chechnya"?

What are some of the bigger things you guys are referring to?

The content can be found in the Dev branches of the RHS mods, you need to download those to access the dev branch :f:

2 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

The content can be found in the Dev branches of the RHS mods, you need to download those to access the dev branch :f:

I did!

I poked around in the arsenal and didnt notice anything new

35 minutes ago, dragonfire43560 said:

I did!

I poked around in the arsenal and didnt notice anything new

New uniforms hats and vests from the cold war era. Specifically the M88 has been updated, and there's a new winter version.

RHS Dev's are so cruel, they make us wait so long (I actually appreciate the well put together big updates as opposed to many lil ones) for up dates then put those beautiful uniforms, hats, vests and that T15 looks very nice (in my best Borat) in the Dev Branch...  so cruel.  

I know how I will get 'em back!  I will ask if they will make a RP...  nvm.   

Excited to see what is next, keep it up!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Hi All,

I have a question on the RHS: USAF UH-60. You can setup the pylons to carry a bunch of weapons, but I cannot find a HUD or way of targeting.

With the AH 6- you have the IHADSS helmet with the helmet mounted HUD.

How do you target using the Blackhawk. Am I missing something simple or do you just have to point your nose in the direction of the target, fire and hope it hits?

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Maddog9933 said:

do you just have to point your nose in the direction of the target, fire and hope it hits?

Yes. Though laser-guided munitions like AGM-114 and DAGR can still use their internal sensors to lock on laser targets designated by units outside the helicopter (or a unit sitting in the cargo compartment FFV seats with a laser designator)

The US Army doesn't use UH-60s as gunships so the ones in the mod only have the most rudimentary support for employing the weapons that can fit on ESSS. It's a transport heli with wings mostly to carry additional fuel, that can mount weapons in extreme circumstances outside its normal role.

The various real-world Blackhawk variants that are routinely armed (Navy SH-60/MH-60, SOAR MH-60 DAP, and various models made for export customers such as the UAE, Colombia, Israel) have much more equipment that you simply would not find on a US Army UH-60

If you're looking for a HUD, Kimi's HMD mod has a really nice HUD and has CCIP for rockets and what not.

21 hours ago, Maddog9933 said:

-snip-

Merged your thread with the main RHS - Thanks

Hello, I've got two civilian AI that are hostages/detained with:

this switchMove "Acts_AidlPsitMstpSsurWnonDnon04";

But when a stun grenade ("rhs_mag_mk84") goes off near them they exit that anim and play out the stun effects, then adopt their regular stance. Is there a way around this to keep them in that anim, preferably without detecting the stunned anim and forcing a reset (like a variable that stops the effect anim)? I've tried with disableAI "ANIM" but that didn't work and also tried a "HandleDammage" EH, but nothing I did with that worked reliably.

17 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Hello, I've got two civilian AI that are hostages/detained with:

this switchMove "Acts_AidlPsitMstpSsurWnonDnon04";

But when a stun grenade ("rhs_mag_mk84") goes off near them they exit that anim and play out the stun effects, then adopt their regular stance. Is there a way around this to keep them in that anim, preferably without detecting the stunned anim and forcing a reset (like a variable that stops the effect anim)? I've tried with disableAI "ANIM" but that didn't work and also tried a "HandleDammage" EH, but nothing I did with that worked reliably.

Maybe you can check their animationState and when it changes to something != "Acts_AidlPsitMstpSsurWnonDnon04", then enablesimulation false on them, reset the switchMove animation back to Acts_AidlPsitMstpSsurWnonDnon04, wait a moment, then re-enable simulation on them. Not tested, just an idea.