2 minutes ago, ballistic09 said:

Yes. The autoloader in the T-72B actually operates in semi-autoload mode only, meaning that it waits for gunner input before it loads the next round. This is important because, as in real life, once you load a round into the gun, it cannot be unloaded. This way it gives the gunner the opportunity to select the next round before it goes into the chamber, thereby potentially saving a round that would otherwise have to be expended if the gunner had to switch ammo types in order to engage a different type of target.

In order to load the first round in game, select the round you want to load with the scroll wheel action menu, and then press whatever keybinding you have reload set to (probably R) to trigger the autoloader. For all subsequent rounds, you'll still have to press the reload key each time you fire and want to load the next round. Once you run out of a type of round, you'll have to use the scroll wheel to select the next type of round you want again, and hit the reload key, just as with the loading the initial round. Hope that helps!

Thank you ballistic !

Now i understand the loading method.

But there is a problem : there are NO round texts in the scroll down menu when im in the 72B ! There are the rounds when its ONLY the T-80 but not when the 72B, or other T-80 models like 80B or U, UM , UK, etc...

And another question - as i try to load the T-80 first round (the APFSDS), the loading starts then stops half way. Then i try to load the 3BK17, same happens.

3 minutes ago, Nucleus81 said:

But there is a problem : there are NO round texts in the scroll down menu when im in the 72B !

Hmm... Interesting. I'm not having that problem at all. Make sure that you switch weapons to have the main cannon selected as your current primary weapon. The action menu wont display the rounds if you have the coaxial PKT as your current primary weapon.

5 minutes ago, Nucleus81 said:

And another question - as i try to load the T-80 first round (the APFSDS), the loading starts then stops half way. Then i try to load the 3BK17, same happens.

This is normal. Just press the reload key (R) and it will trigger the autoloading mechanism.

2 hours ago, ballistic09 said:

Hmm... Interesting. I'm not having that problem at all. Make sure that you switch weapons to have the main cannon selected as your current primary weapon. The action menu wont display the rounds if you have the coaxial PKT as your current primary weapon.

This is normal. Just press the reload key (R) and it will trigger the autoloading mechanism.

Mmmmm no, nothing is loading when i push the R.  I can shoot the first round, then nothing can be loaded.

8 hours ago, Nucleus81 said:

Mmmmm no, nothing is loading when i push the R.  I can shoot the first round, then nothing can be loaded.

What key are you using for magazine reload? I are you using some other mods?

On 5/30/2020 at 9:00 AM, reyhard said:

What key are you using for magazine reload? I are you using some other mods?

I use the "R" for reloading. And i use several other mods too. I have the Steam version of ArmA3.

Could any other mods interfere the RHS T-xx gun loading systems ?

1 minute ago, Nucleus81 said:

I use the "R" for reloading. And i use several other mods too. I have the Steam version of ArmA3.

Could any other mods interfere the RHS T-xx gun loading systems ?

Yes, there is such possibility. I don't know which ones though

On 5/29/2020 at 12:33 AM, MrWolfire1 said:

I had a question regarding the most recent update specifically the inclusion of vehicle magazine wells. how has that been implemented/how do you use that feature?

It's used mostly in a way to avoid copy pasting of large list of compatible magazines just because another, newer gun (like T14 2A82) has two new additional rounds which cannot be used by earlier models of cannons. Instead, new magazineWell is added to the list 

magazineWell[] = {RHS_Cannon_125mm_D81,RHS_Cannon_125mm_2A46M,RHS_Cannon_125mm_2A46M_5,RHS_Cannon_125mm_2A82};

As you can see, it's much less copy pasting compared to copying magazines[] list (=+ couldn't be used effectively in this case) 😉

Advantage of this solution is, that every time some magazine is added, it can be included just in one master list, instead of updating all the weapons with risk of error (there were some cases in the past were some magazines were not working after inclusion of new magazine type and you cannot avoid that with manual copy pasting). Another plus of magazineWell is fact, that if someone is making expansion mod for RHS, he can easily add new magazines this way.

Okay the T-xx gun reloading is workin' again. I switched off all my mods that could interfere with RHS stuff and now its all working fine.  :satisfied:

I am suspicious about the Veteran Mod (VTN) but im not sure about that. No offence on anyone !

36 minutes ago, Nucleus81 said:

Okay the T-xx gun reloading is workin' again. I switched off all my mods that could interfere with RHS stuff and now its all working fine.  :satisfied:

I am suspicious about the Veteran Mod (VTN) but im not sure about that. No offence on anyone !

As a general rule, if you want to report something not working or some other issues (we recommend that everyone fills a ticket on our feedback tracker instead of writing here btw), always make sure you are testing that only with RHS. Otherwise, you are wasting both your time and ours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2020 at 8:52 PM, Nucleus81 said:

I would definitely guess that it is VTN causing it. That mod is generally very unfriendly with other mods, I think its devs don't really want people to use that mod along with other mods.

7 hours ago, simkas said:

I would definitely guess that it is VTN causing it. That mod is generally very unfriendly with other mods, I think its devs don't really want people to use that mod along with other mods.

Indeed. VTN is a great mod but we have to choose if we use VTN and nothing or anything but no VTN. Well, you know the deal... :P

• Like 1

18 hours ago, simkas said:

That mod is generally very unfriendly with other mods, I think its devs don't really want people to use that mod along with other mods.

i have seen this sort of statement made in regards to other mods out there as well, including (but not only) RHS, and i honestly feel it's a shame that people think this way, i do hope it is most likely due to ignorance rather than some malice.

So i'll explain

1. yes, A3 is one of the few very moddable games out there, but it isn't by any means very user friendly. 
  2. as a mod maker, you're primary concern is to have your own product work correctly/as intended within its self and its content. Eventually with vanilla, despite all the made up stuff and buffed out values in vanilla
  3. as a mod maker, you have zero control over any other mods but your own, and even if you had the time to check some of the most used out there (again, there is no set standard), why would you make some over the top contraption to get that to work with mod X, when mod X could very well change a certain approach in a future update, towards a system of theirs and break it once more for you. It is simply easier to focus on your own mod, and ignore, to a large degree, any others.
  4. most mod makers are creating content primarily for their own enjoyment, not someone's else, despite sharing that content publicly. As such, i know of no cases where modmaker_A deliberately makes it so his mod doesn't work with mod Y. If it doesn't, it's just a compatibility issue of sorts, some system/function/script/config overlapping somehow.
  5.  compatibility issues might come from a number of places, modmaker_A simply doesn't know, or care all that much. see point 2 once again.

As i said previously, some of us, especially reyhard, have wasted tons of time trying to bugtrack an issue that was in fact, just like the above, a compatibility issue with some 3rd party, which we had no control over.

I know the average Joe wrongly expects that every mod out there to be compatible with the ones he is using, but in the current modding environment, that is simply not feasible, especially when more complicated systems and configs are involved.

Yes, RHS is not 100% compatible with all the mods out there. And that is fine, most of us that still actually play ArmA from time to time instead of modding it, don't really use any other mods to begin with.

In short, before you(a very generic you, no matter of the quoted user) so easily start trowing blame around, think again. Also, because A3 is indeed so moddable, you could very well take some of your own free time and create a config/script/mod that fixes the compatibility between the very mods you want to use, it's mostly lines of codes anyways....

• Like 17

I prefer the version before you corrected the spelling mistakes. 😄

14 hours ago, PuFu said:

In short, before you(a very generic you, no matter of the quoted user) so easily start trowing blame around, think again. Also, because A3 is indeed so moddable, you could very well take some of your own free time and create a config/script/mod that fixes the compatibility between the very mods you want to use, it's mostly lines of codes anyways....

Maybe it’s due to currently having a relatively stable gaming platform, or maybe Steam keeping all the players on the same version, it seems a small part the player base have lost sight of what mods are and what to expect when using them:

• They are FREE. For them to be free, modders don’t charge money and consequently don’t get paid.
  • Mod will break at some point. For the reasons mentioned by @PuFu as well as Updates to some dependency mods (ACE and CBA comes to mind). Mod makers will try to fix this as soon as possible, but sometimes patience is needed.
  • Its not a modders job to test their mod against the thousands on Steam, it’s yours. While you can let the modders know there is a conflict, If two mods don’t play well together the player needs to make the decision on which mod they want to use or, live with the errors and conflicts.
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

I prefer the version before you corrected the spelling mistakes. 😄

sorry to have disappointed... :)) 

4 hours ago, Rich_R said:
  • They are FREE. For them to be free, modders don’t charge money and consequently don’t get paid.
  • Mod will break at some point. For the reasons mentioned by @PuFu as well as Updates to some dependency mods (ACE and CBA comes to mind). Mod makers will try to fix this as soon as possible, but sometimes patience is needed.
  •  Its not a modders job to test their mod against the thousands on Steam, it’s yours. While you can let the modders know there is a conflict, If two mods don’t play well together the player needs to make the decision on which mod they want to use or, live with the errors and conflicts.
  1. i think the free part should be already a given, and that gives a lot of freedom to modmakers, and should provide zero expectation for the users.
  2. actually, there are quite a few mods that are independent from other mods, for this very reason - you are not dependent to any 3rd party (RHS doesn't require any other mods to work, including CBA, afaik, so is VTN).
  3. usually what happens is that these conflicts are reported (or yelled as - this mod is ducked, fix asap) as bugs, when in practice is a conflict of sorts. are these conflicts ideal? nope, but in the current modding environment i think some are simply unavoidable.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hey guys. Just a quick message regarding the DEV build for AFRF. I recently switched to this build just to see what had changed so far, and i noticed that while running AFRF:DEV version i could no longer use dovetail AK optics on (for example) the CUP AK's or other formerly compatible weapons with side mounts From non-RHS related addons. I noticed in the build log there was a change to the SVD JR compatibility and thought it could possibly be related? Anyway, when running normal AFRF i don't have this issue. Perhaps this change was intentional, or perhaps its an error on my side. The dovetail ak optics from RHS are my favorite scopes in the game and i just like using them on as much stuff as possible, so hopefully this is just a silly conflict on my part.

Hello everyone!

The Red Hammer Studios team is currently looking for experienced mission makers to assist in the creation of custom missions. We are seeking to create showcase missions to demonstrate existing and future content to RHS players, much like their vanilla ArmA 3 counterparts.

Experience/Abilities:

• Knowledge of the Eden editor and A3 mission scripting
  • Ability to work independently and receptive to feedback
  • Ability to write/read/speak fluent English

In return, you get:

• Working in a relaxed and fun environment
  • Accessibility to a team of artists and programmers to aid in mission making
  • Have your work showcased to RHS' 1 million+ subscriber user base. 

If this interests you, feel free to reach out to us via private message. 

Thanks and happy gaming.

• Like 12

Hello, Glad to meet RHS Developers, and before reading this article, I apologize for my bad english.

Anyway, My name is Astral for Korea, Republic of. I think RHS mods are so great that I want to retexture this mod into Korea's army camo, How can I get any retexture templates or guide, and license? Thank you for reading my article with my bad english.

On 6/6/2020 at 1:36 AM, PuFu said:

i have seen this sort of statement made in regards to other mods out there as well, including (but not only) RHS, and i honestly feel it's a shame that people think this way, i do hope it is most likely due to ignorance rather than some malice.

So i'll explain

1. yes, A3 is one of the few very moddable games out there, but it isn't by any means very user friendly. 
  2. as a mod maker, you're primary concern is to have your own product work correctly/as intended within its self and its content. Eventually with vanilla, despite all the made up stuff and buffed out values in vanilla
  3. as a mod maker, you have zero control over any other mods but your own, and even if you had the time to check some of the most used out there (again, there is no set standard), why would you make some over the top contraption to get that to work with mod X, when mod X could very well change a certain approach in a future update, towards a system of theirs and break it once more for you. It is simply easier to focus on your own mod, and ignore, to a large degree, any others.
  4. most mod makers are creating content primarily for their own enjoyment, not someone's else, despite sharing that content publicly. As such, i know of no cases where modmaker_A deliberately makes it so his mod doesn't work with mod Y. If it doesn't, it's just a compatibility issue of sorts, some system/function/script/config overlapping somehow.
  5.  compatibility issues might come from a number of places, modmaker_A simply doesn't know, or care all that much. see point 2 once again.

As i said previously, some of us, especially reyhard, have wasted tons of time trying to bugtrack an issue that was in fact, just like the above, a compatibility issue with some 3rd party, which we had no control over.

I know the average Joe wrongly expects that every mod out there to be compatible with the ones he is using, but in the current modding environment, that is simply not feasible, especially when more complicated systems and configs are involved.

Yes, RHS is not 100% compatible with all the mods out there. And that is fine, most of us that still actually play ArmA from time to time instead of modding it, don't really use any other mods to begin with.

This. 100% this. Well said @PuFu.

On 6/13/2020 at 7:06 PM, gurdy said:

Hello everyone!

The Red Hammer Studios team is currently looking for experienced mission makers to assist in the creation of custom missions. We are seeking to create showcase missions to demonstrate existing and future content to RHS players, much like their vanilla ArmA 3 counterparts.

Experience/Abilities:

• Knowledge of the Eden editor and A3 mission scripting
  • Ability to work independently and receptive to feedback
  • Ability to write/read/speak fluent English

In return, you get:

• Working in a relaxed and fun environment
  • Accessibility to a team of artists and programmers to aid in mission making
  • Have your work showcased to RHS' 1 million+ subscriber user base. 

If this interests you, feel free to reach out to us via private message. 

Thanks and happy gaming.

Hello

Would have been interesting, however I've quit editing.

Nonetheless, if you guys are interested, I can give you the previous missions I've made with RHS assets.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Hello everyone, thought I would share some of the really cool stuff that the team has been working on.

20200621134845_1.jpg

A kind addon maker "pioneer" donated a few models. You may have seen the pontoon bridge section in the last update, but we didn't really mention it. That's because there's a lot more to this that we didn't have setup. Developer @reyhard has been super hard at work on adding all the stuff necessary for this system. The first is the might KrAZ 255 truck, what comes in several versions. The primary versions necessary for briding are the pontoon carrier and boat carrier. The KrAZ 255 also has "normal" cargo versions. Speaking of boats, BMK-T is now added. The primary purpose of this is boat to position each bridge section into place. The Russian Army Engineer Corps' primary mission is to allow the combat arms to fight, maneuver, and survive, while denying the same to the enemy. Bridging allows the force battlefield mobility through obstacle/gap crossing.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, starlord1214 said:

hey is there a chance i can help you guys make models for RHS?

hello. please send me a DM with more information / a portfolio of sorts containing 3d models you already done so far