34 minutes ago, kibyde said:

I try to make some vehicles more resilient by reducing the damage they take with this command in their init field: unitname addeventhandler ["handledamage",{ (_this select 2) /2}];

However it makes those units almost invincible.

Reducing the damage by half is a pretty significant change, if you want them to be slightly more resilient you should probably be lowering the damage just by a quarter or fifth.

12 hours ago, reyhard said:

+ & - on numpad is definitely working on my end. Are you using some mods perhaps? Is it working on other vehicles?

Ok I got it. If I click 0 I got like a view of a porthole but if then I press + then I start to cycle through the proper optic screens. Thanks !!!!

Would it be possible to add Vehicle-in-Vehicle loading to the CH-47?

4 hours ago, appetency said:

Would it be possible to add Vehicle-in-Vehicle loading to the CH-47?

That's already implemented in dev.

43 minutes ago, simkas said:

That's already implemented in dev.

I tested it using the MRZR and Quad Bike, does not appear to be working at this time.

Hi all. I am already enjoying a lot this mods and using them in our team coops.

However I am having a problem with the M1A2 FCS.

I am aware how the FCS on the M1A2 tank works in RL and I have read the FCS notes on the M1A2 vehicle on the RHS page and complied with them.

Fire Control System

The FCS includes a rangefinder that can be activated with the key to lock target ( by default T ) and displays the distance to the target in the crosshair, if kept unmoved it will be locked in a second ( displaying a little square in front of the distance ). FCS can also calculate the lead for moving target, in such case player can notice that turret moves independently to gunners sight, this is when FCS induce lead.

Lead is the term used to refer to putting a gun in front of a target which is moving perpendicular to your vantage point. When you lead a target, you essentially need to fire in front of target at the point in which the round and target will meet. 

Important to note is that when firing at stationary targets, it’s best to dump the lead ( by default G ) so any mouse movement will not cause the FCS to calculate lead and moving the turret, thus causing a miss. During movement it’s also best to not exceed speed of 45-50 km/h, because modern tanks FCS stabilization systems can keep up only up to this speed, otherwise FCS accuracy will drop significantly.

The rangefinder only works at distances from 200 meters to 5,000 meters for the main gun, and 200 meters to 1200 meters for coaxial machine gun.

The first image show a distance tracked and the second locked.

The key N switch to thermal vision modes. Zoom can be activated with + and deactivate with -.

However when I try this to work I do not manage to get any "lead" on the FCS so on a moving target the rounds always hit behind the target since it applies no lead.

"T" only lases the target and after some seconds provided the little dot indicating a valid fire solution is available but the gun does not lead.

"G" also does not appear to dump lead or actually do anything

Any guidance or suggestions would be welcomed!!

Thanks

2 minutes ago, furia said:

Hi all. I am already enjoying a lot this mods and using them in our team coops.

However I am having a problem with the M1A2 FCS.

I am aware how the FCS on the M1A2 tank works in RL and I have read the FCS notes on the M1A2 vehicle on the RHS page and complied with them.

However when I try this to work I do not manage to get any "lead" on the FCS so on a moving target the rounds always hit behind the target since it applies no lead.

"T" only lases the target and after some seconds provided the little dot indicating a valid fire solution is available but the gun does not lead.

"G" also does not appear to dump lead or actually do anything

Any guidance or suggestions would be welcomed!!

Thanks

Did you checked RHS Game options if FCS Lead is enabled there?

36 minutes ago, appetency said:

I tested it using the MRZR and Quad Bike, does not appear to be working at this time.

Pretty sure it's working on RHSUSFDEV build

On 4/16/2020 at 9:25 PM, Synchronized said:

Is there any way to make the IHADS helmet have night vision?

Currently it's only available when Picture in Picture is enabled

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, reyhard said:

Did you checked RHS Game options if FCS Lead is enabled there?

I was actually marked as enabled but I have just discovered this report in your  Bug reporting System and I did as it is mentioned there, "disable the FSC Lead" and then enable it again and voila, now it works perfect!!!

Thanks!!!

11 hours ago, reyhard said:

Pretty sure it's working on RHSUSFDEV build

I tested it in the DEV build and it did not appear to be working correctly.

11 hours ago, appetency said:

I tested it in the DEV build and it did not appear to be working correctly.

Current CH-47 variant allows only loading of crates. It's impossible to do dynamic cargo bay size so separate variant without benches would have to be added in config

• Sad 1

incase you guys decide to touch the CH47, it would be nice to have also non armed version of it like with the UH60s

4 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

incase you guys decide to touch the CH47, it would be nice to have also non armed version of it like with the UH60s

il add that it could have the seats removed and ViV add to make a transport version

6 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Too late, touched it already and not going to modify it in next 100 years 😛

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/18/2020 at 8:05 AM, reyhard said:

Currently it's only available when Picture in Picture is enabled

Sorry but I disabled PIP on video settings, with no luck. Are there more settings or key presses to make it work?

13 hours ago, reyhard said:

Current CH-47 variant allows only loading of crates. It's impossible to do dynamic cargo bay size so separate variant without benches would have to be added in config

Could you increase the size of the VIV area to allow for the loading of both crates and small vehicles?

7 hours ago, appetency said:

Could you increase the size of the VIV area to allow for the loading of both crates and small vehicles?

No, it won't be increased on current variant. As I mentioned, additional one is needed (and was added)

12 hours ago, jacobs said:

Sorry but I disabled PIP on video settings, with no luck. Are there more settings or key presses to make it work?

Not yet but I will think about it so people without PiP can also enjoy less realistic representation of PNVS. Note, that AH64 is using thermal imaging for low light/night operation

On 4/16/2020 at 8:41 PM, simkas said:

Reducing the damage by half is a pretty significant change, if you want them to be slightly more resilient you should probably be lowering the damage just by a quarter or fifth.

I tried it with a fifth of the normal damage and there is a weird behaviour: Sometimes when a component like the tail rotor is damaged and turns either red or yellow in the status display it "heals" after a while and turns from red to yellow and from yellow to green.

@reyhard it might sound like a request but it is not 🙂 Let's name it just a proactive thinking to extend assets.

I see that USMC still have AH-1W in addition to AH-1Z and as far as I see the visual changes between two models are blades, front optics and motor exits. Rest looks the same althouhg the power, speed etc are different which are more config points than modeling I think. So in case you guys bored and want to have a new US heli in pack, maybe a small tweak in 1W can generate 1Z for a new object

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, reyhard said:

Not yet but I will think about it so people without PiP can also enjoy less realistic representation of PNVS. Note, that AH64 is using thermal imaging for low light/night operation

Sorry, somehow I inverted you affirmation and thought PIP should be desabled for PNVS to work. I'll enable PIP and test again.

The AI for some of the Attack Helicopters in this mod seems to prioritize rockets over ATGM's when attacking tanks. They'll use their ATGM's eventually, but not until like the 3rd or 4th strafing run or till they've run out of rockets. The Apache seems to not have this problem, but I noticed it with the Mi-28 and the Mi-24. Any ideas? Is it something you guys could fix, or is this more of an Arma issue?

1 hour ago, AlkarF22 said:

The AI for some of the Attack Helicopters in this mod seems to prioritize rockets over ATGM's when attacking tanks. They'll use their ATGM's eventually, but not until like the 3rd or 4th strafing run or till they've run out of rockets. The Apache seems to not have this problem, but I noticed it with the Mi-28 and the Mi-24. Any ideas? Is it something you guys could fix, or is this more of an Arma issue?

You can try RHS Dev version

24 minutes ago, reyhard said:

You can try RHS Dev version

Thanks! I'll try it out

Can anyone tell me the Russian D6 parachute class name when its deployed, or tell me how to get the class name I cant seem to find it.

Is it possible for the AK magwell grip to be readded as an optional setting to the RHS menu?