Will you upload the new PKL RHS version on Armaholic too?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Does the Duke and Rhino system in MRAPs work or are they purely cosmetic? Is there any documentation on them?

RHS-team, I have a question. You have a weapon that can open or close the butt. For example, the PP-2000. Does this affect the shooting characteristics? If so, how?

17 hours ago, kerozen said:

Does the Duke and Rhino system in MRAPs work or are they purely cosmetic? Is there any documentation on them?

Duke is preventing detonation of nearby explosives (~20-50m) & jams TFAR radio. Note however, that TFAR functionality might be bit outdated.

Rhino afair is cosmetic only - there are plans to make it functional.

16 hours ago, [ha]boris said:

RHS-team, I have a question. You have a weapon that can open or close the butt. For example, the PP-2000. Does this affect the shooting characteristics? If so, how?

Folded weapons have higher recoil & lower inertia and size, which allows you to pack such folded weapon into backpack for instance. In case of PP-2000, folding is not necessary for being able to fit into backpack since weapon is small enough so main change is increased recoil and being able to use it from pistol slot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reyhard said:

Note however, that TFAR functionality might be bit outdated.

Seems to work fine with TFAR 1.0.
Actually didn't know that was a feature 😄 But that explains the weird radio problems we had.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, reyhard said:

Duke is preventing detonation of nearby explosives (~20-50m) & jams TFAR radio. Note however, that TFAR functionality might be bit outdated.

Rhino afair is cosmetic only - there are plans to make it functional.

Thanks for the Info. I'm guessing ACE messes it up or is it compatible?

2 minutes ago, kerozen said:

Thanks for the Info. I'm guessing ACE messes it up or is it compatible?

no idea...should ask ACE developers directly

Just now, PuFu said:

no idea...should ask ACE developers directly

Ok, thanks

4 minutes ago, snackynak said:

Is there a way to disable the auto stow of the BRDM missile rack?

yes please ! maybe adding it in the action menu will be more helpful 

Hello RHS team. I have a question regarding the M224. I don't ask much about W.I.P items anywhere but is the M224 still planned or in the works. I read up past posts and even on your guys feedback page from 2015 and still wondering if the M224 is still planned. I trust in you guys to make a good 60mm part your addon, instead of installing the other 2 standalone addons (which are no longer updated), which don't work well in terms of effect on enemy and with ACE ballistics and downloading the BAF mod just to use 1% of the content in the addon. Thank you.

1 hour ago, CW4 Carrera said:

Are there currently any plans to expand the capabilities of the Kamaz 63968?

not unless we make our own model, no

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi, 

Long time user of the RHS mods and very appreciative of the work put in! I've recently been playing around with the Mi-24V with the AFRF pack and noticed I couldn't mount any 9K38 Igla's on the outermost hardpoints. As far as I'm aware the later versions of the Mi-24 are capable of mounting and integrating Igla. Is their absence intentional?

USMC is ditching all their tank Abrams! It was so unexpectable and instant (maybe that's becuz i didn't aware of the plans?). Can't imagine what would all these Marine tank crews do now, with their babies gone 😕 Sad indeed

So what's the plan of RHS team? Will you guys still maintaining Marines with tanks, or remove abrams tanks from the Marine corps faction?

On 3/26/2020 at 10:41 PM, Reykjavikdragon said:

Hi, 

Long time user of the RHS mods and very appreciative of the work put in! I've recently been playing around with the Mi-24V with the AFRF pack and noticed I couldn't mount any 9K38 Igla's on the outermost hardpoints. As far as I'm aware the later versions of the Mi-24 are capable of mounting and integrating Igla. Is their absence intentional?

Yes, there is no model for them like a lot of different things that you can also mount on Mi24

8 hours ago, Bukain said:

USMC is ditching all their tank Abrams! It was so unexpectable and instant (maybe that's becuz i didn't aware of the plans?). Can't imagine what would all these Marine tank crews do now, with their babies gone 😕 Sad indeed

So what's the plan of RHS team? Will you guys still maintaining Marines with tanks, or remove abrams tanks from the Marine corps faction?

RHS factions are set around 2012-2016 so nothing will change (with few exceptions here and there). There are of course older or newer pieces of equipment but it all depends on personal preferences of contributing developers

I'm having a lot of issues with the BRDM (ATGM) variant, because of that turret auto stow on moving, the Ai is miss using them they like to move too much and the gunner will have a hard time shooting, sometimes they shoot and the driver will move just after which will miss lead the TOW missiles.

6 minutes ago, AirShark said:

I'm having a lot of issues with the BRDM (ATGM) variant, because of that turret auto stow on moving, the Ai is miss using them they like to move too much and the gunner will have a hard time shooting, sometimes they shoot and the driver will move just after which will miss lead the TOW missiles.

This is how it work in real life, with launcher being hidden in hull when stowed. It can't be used when vehicle is moving, like most ATGM launchers, especially of that generation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bukain said:

Just adding to what Reyhard said. USMC will give all their tanks back to US Army, and official plans are that US Army will provide heavy armor support to USMC. However plans are being constantly changed, USMC plan to deactivate its tank battalions in 2030, this is 10 years from now. In these 10 years Commendant of the USMC can change to someone who will want to keep tanks. Or later on tanks will be readded to USMC inventory.

In RHS you have option to either use tanks or not.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Damian90 said:

This is how it work in real life, with launcher being hidden in hull when stowed. It can't be used when vehicle is moving, like most ATGM launchers, especially of that generation.

but balancing between gameplay and realism is needed, especially that arma Ai driving and pathfinding are not even close to what real life is,  is there a part of a script or command to disable that?

Prop planes can be loud, all right. Super Tucano, in particular, is a turboprop, makes quite a racket at full power. Jets too, in fact, jets should be even louder, much more so than they are now, but A3 plays fast and loose with those things.

2 hours ago, AirShark said:

but balancing between gameplay and realism is needed, especially that arma Ai driving and pathfinding are not even close to what real life is,  is there a part of a script or command to disable that?

What is needed is fixing the AI so that it knows how to use it. It can't be fired on the move because it's a SACLOS missile with a non-stabilized sight. You'd never hit anything when moving at anything but a snail's pace, anyway. 

13 hours ago, Damian90 said:

The issue I had brought up with the BRDM-2 ATGM is that the gunner's external camera changes it's orientation 180 degrees every time the rack stows into the hull. So if you're trying to drive as the gunner, the external camera faces backwards when the launcher is stowed, which makes driving a bit wonky. The current work around I use is to just switch to the drivers seat when moving or enter command view, but I was wondering if there was something I could enter into the vehicle INT box that could disable the stow function so that I could stay in the gunners seat.